New player, bought a starter pack but I am NOT going to activate it as things stand

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New player, bought a starter pack but I am NOT going to activate it as things stand

In a few days so far, I had MANY disconnections, lots of rubber-banding as well as UI un-responsive in battle (about 1/3 of all battles).
      Most 'connections' last 20 minutes tops before I get disconnected; this is on top of server maintenances and/or unscheduled resets or DDoS.
      And let's not forget several 'Application not responding' a day, in 1 case today Windows terminated the client, then the launcher would not start again ('launcher already exist' even though it had been terminated by Windows) until I cold-booted the computer...

So, I DID buy a starter pack with the Fall Sale, but at this point I am not even considering activating it and starting the premium period on such a crappy connectivity.
      Not likely to buy an upgrade or any further premium either, unless and until connectivity improves A LOT...
      :thumbdown:
    • unfortunately, connection issues will pursue you always if you not living in USA. developers bought servers in USA, because its most cheap. but USA are the edge of world (no trans- pacific-cable available) , so all users in Asia in, uhm, "ass", in plane of ping (near 300 in Thailand, for example).
      Hope they move on Europe/Germany, as these are middle of the world, but I doubt this will happen ever
    • Same sequence again, Windows closed the game (I was not even asked, there was just a Microsoft pop-up for a few seconds, then it is impossible to start the launcher again short of restarting the computer... which I have no intention to do just for that, and getting the same issue again soon.
      Any attempt to start the launcher get the pop-up 'Already running' even though there is NO pending task for the game.
      This forum does not allow to paste the screenshot, only to import from a link, which I do not have (cannot be bothered to create an account with another picture hosting site just for that purpose; had 2 accounts with such sites over the years, both sites went dodgy, never again).

The post was edited 3 times, last by Fafhred ().

• Fafhred wrote:

Same sequence again, Windows closed the game (I was not even asked, there was just a Microsoft pop-up for a few seconds, then it is impossible to start the launcher again short of restarting the computer... which I have no intention to do just for that, and getting the same issue again soon.
      Any attempt to start the launcher get the pop-up 'Already running' even though there is NO pending task for the game.
      This forum does not allow to paste the screenshot, only to import from a link, which I do not have (cannot be bothered to create an account with another picture hosting site just for that purpose; had 2 accounts with such sites over the years, both sites went dodgy, never again).
      There are some problems with ddos'ing/performance right now, but I haven't heard much of the client issues you are having. Have you tried doing a fresh re-install of the client?
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Update:

Since the last update, connectivity has improved:
      - A lot less disconnections, but on the other hand more rubberbanding, meaning that they simply increased the delay before disconnections.
      - More rubberbanding and apparent freezes during coimbat/fishing (counterpart of the above); still bad, but preferable to disconnections.
      - Only 1 occurence of Windows closing the client outright, and this time the launcher could start again without a cold boot, so that would be a code modification there, to unlock the launcher.
    • 2nd update a week later (hence new reply instead of updating previous):

Whatever had been improved with the previous update has clearly been reverted with the last one.
      - Back to ALL the same problems as before, for instance I already had to restart the computer twice just to be able to resume playing.
      - Massive rubbe-rbanding yesterday, and so far this morning I can barely get a connection to my characters started, the few that did only lasted a few SECONDS so far....

There is no Internet connectivity change on my side, and the connectivity changes to this game are clearly directly related to game patches.
    • Last update.
      Having just discovered yesterday that EVERY death, even caused by one of those many random disconnections when they happen in battle, also comes with a severe material penalty (lost a 25k treasure yesterday, which is when I discovered this), I find this entirely unacceptable in the absence of a stable connection.

Penalties for death due to player mistakes are one thing, penalties for deaths due to a crappy server connectivity are another...

Added to the obnoxious typical chat (check in the screenshot), the sum of grievances far overweight any enjoyment I could get out of this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fafhred ().