Updated to iOS 12 constant crashes

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Updated to iOS 12 constant crashes

Greetings,

After updating to iOS 12 I started experiencing a lot of crashes to home screen. I crashed at character select screen, I’ve crashed while loading into the game and of course crashed in game as well.

Prior to this update I almost never crashed and I would describe the gaming experience as very stable, I was very happy and satisfied.

Now I would describe the game as unplayable because it constantly crashes.
    • DiSCORDiA schrieb:

Greetings,

After updating to iOS 12 I started experiencing a lot of crashes to home screen. I crashed at character select screen, I’ve crashed while loading into the game and of course crashed in game as well.

Prior to this update I almost never crashed and I would describe the gaming experience as very stable, I was very happy and satisfied.

I’m using a 6th generation 2018 iPad 128gb

As I said in my post above the game was stable and enjoyable. The only change I made was updating to iOS 12 and the game crashes constantly and is unplayable.
    • DiSCORDiA schrieb:

DiSCORDiA schrieb:

Greetings,

I’m using a 6th generation 2018 iPad 128gb
      As I said in my post above the game was stable and enjoyable. The only change I made was updating to iOS 12 and the game crashes constantly and is unplayable.

Updated to the Nimue Update and still crashing.

Crashes happen most often when zoning. I would estimate 50% of the time that I zone I crash.

Loading into Caerleon is almost possible. I estimate the client crashes 90% of the time and I would say the mobile client is useless if you plan on playing in Caerleon at all,

Beyond disappointing. When you look at the huge chunk of the market that mobile gamers represent it is mind boggling that almost no attention is being given to the mobile client. The devs don’t even have an understanding of the direction of the market or the audience. Mobile games make money hand over fist while Albion continues its slide into closure.
    • DiSCORDiA schrieb:

DiSCORDiA schrieb:

DiSCORDiA schrieb:

Greetings,

I’m using a 6th generation 2018 iPad 128gbAs I said in my post above the game was stable and enjoyable. The only change I made was updating to iOS 12 and the game crashes constantly and is unplayable.
      Updated to the Nimue Update and still crashing.

Crashes happen most often when zoning. I would estimate 50% of the time that I zone I crash.

Loading into Caerleon is almost possible. I estimate the client crashes 90% of the time and I would say the mobile client is useless if you plan on playing in Caerleon at all,

Beyond disappointing. When you look at the huge chunk of the market that mobile gamers represent it is mind boggling that almost no attention is being given to the mobile client. The devs don’t even have an understanding of the direction of the market or the audience. Mobile games make money hand over fist while Albion continues its slide into closure.
      While I agree that there are definitely issues with the game crashing on my iOS devices -- I don't think it's fair to presume the mobile population Albion has. SBI only knows those figures, and as far as I know they have not released them to us. While obviously the mobile market in general is massive, know that games like Albion are very niche, and I'd be very surprised if people used their mobile device as their primary device to play Albion Online. I'd imagine most of us, like myself, use their computer as their primary device and their mobile only as secondary to do smaller, more menial tasks.

That being said, this is in beta still. So this isn't that unexpected.
      Catch my shenanigans live @ twitch.tv/veetus :thumbsup:
    • Since the last release, Albion doesn't work on my 2017 iPad Pro. It crashed constantly whereas previously it only crashed when I entered city or zones.
      It run fine on my new 2018 Galaxy Tab A (Octo Core with 3 GB Ram) but very choppy and laggy but at least it doesn't crash.
    • Neu

This is bullshit. Cant play, premium is wasting away. No way you are this stupid and cant figure it out. Hope the player base abondons SBI for all the theatrics theyve pulled over the past couple of years. iOS will never release. Lets face it. And Albion will be plagued with terrible support for its relatively short lifespan. Put up with bad support long enough. Screw this game.
    • Neu

xLegionx schrieb:

This is bullshit. Cant play, premium is wasting away. No way you are this stupid and cant figure it out. Hope the player base abondons SBI for all the theatrics theyve pulled over the past couple of years. iOS will never release. Lets face it. And Albion will be plagued with terrible support for its relatively short lifespan. Put up with bad support long enough. Screw this game.
      You're playing on a Beta platform. If you want 'support' play the game as intended - on the desktop client!
      Try the game for FREE: Albion Online Trial Keys
    • Neu

I'm playing on an iPhone XR which I believe has 3GB RAM. I've always had crashes on occur when loading but since the latest update, they seem to be happening more often.

Also there are certain zones where I will always crash on my mobile client no matter what. Arkag Chasm and Heart of the Forest are two examples where I crash 100% of the time when trying to load into the zone on the mobile client.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • Neu

Dagother schrieb:

Hi guys and sorry for no updates! There are still performance issues with 3GB devices and devs are looking into improvements but such issues take quite some time to tackle and I don't have ETA atm. I'll post back once I get more information!

That doesn’t make sense at all. The client was fine before upgrading to iOS 12, my device didn’t change. There was the occasional crash which was expected. But after updating to 12 the unplayable crashes on loading started.