What do you think will happen when we reach 1500 silver per Gold Piece?

    • What do you think will happen when we reach 1500 silver per Gold Piece?

      As we know the games discount is directly tied into the price of Gold, the higher the price of Gold, the less discount you get from having premium when repairing

      So when we reach 1500, that means 0% discount..... apart from X2 resources, why would you need premium, if you dont get discounts anymore?

      For a veteran player from release should not be a great problem, as you must of made your bank by now and be quite wealthy, but how will this affect new players that might want to try this game? Straight away they are in a huge disadvantage starting the game, which is not fixed, makes many people leave the game straight afterwards.

      Now please comment and lets see what we all think and if any solutions can be found, or just run the new ones to the ground and keep on going?
    • The global discount was never really tied to premium in that it applied to everyone across the board as far as I know. The benefits of premium are still plentiful as per grim’s post.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Global discount is probably the least relevant part of premium. If you're trying to make silver as a crafter/refiner, you need focus. If you gather, the premium procs are huge. If you're trying to spec up gear, the bonus game and lp make it way easier. We also have monthly challenge and season rewards now.
    • I've asked this a couple times, and I got different answers. Does anyone know if the discount becomes a "tax?" after gold goes over 1500? Asking for a friend.

      For instance. Right now it's a -8% discount, if gold goes to 1600 does it become a +8% tax?
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Piddle wrote:

      I've asked this a couple times, and I got different answers. Does anyone know if the discount becomes a "tax?" after gold goes over 1500? Asking for a friend.

      For instance. Right now it's a -8% discount, if gold goes to 1600 does it become a +8% tax?
      that would actually be cool (from and economics perspective, but it would probably suck for everyone, alto Im wondering if that would slowly drive down the price of gold - as that would be a "silver sink").

      But regardless, one of the 3 things can "hypothetically" happen to the discount once Gold reaches 1500 (and higher):

      a) nothing happens, global discount disappears and even going 1600+ will keep discount at 0 (it becomes a fixed rate of 0 as long as gold is above 1500)
      b) SBI will once again step is and "lift" the discount ceiling to like 2000 or 2500, like they did once already, when Gold hit 1000 (former discount cap)
      c) global discount will become a tax, so at 1600, everyone will see extra 8% tax lol
    • phoenix3980 wrote:

      Hello.

      Why is the price of gold rising again and again?

      The cost of premium becomes exorbitant ... what happen ??


      Many players will soon not be able to buy them with silver coins !


      so many players will have to stop playing ... :/


      I pity the new players.
      Dont see any problems ,you can get 4kk in few days ,collecting low tier resources + be under faction flag. Even without premium.

      And im not even talking about regular players who log in 3 times a week for few hours. Silver is not a problem. You just need to know how to get it. There are lots of ways to do it. And if you dont - pay real cash. Even if premium price will be 10kk per month it will be ok.
      Youtube/Equart
    • Equartus wrote:

      phoenix3980 wrote:

      Hello.

      Why is the price of gold rising again and again?

      The cost of premium becomes exorbitant ... what happen ??


      Many players will soon not be able to buy them with silver coins !


      so many players will have to stop playing ... :/


      I pity the new players.
      Dont see any problems ,you can get 4kk in few days ,collecting low tier resources + be under faction flag. Even without premium.
      And im not even talking about regular players who log in 3 times a week for few hours. Silver is not a problem. You just need to know how to get it. There are lots of ways to do it. And if you dont - pay real cash. Even if premium price will be 10kk per month it will be ok.
      Silly dumb random question, but instead of 'kk', why are you not just putting 'm' for mil? Literally never seen anyone say 'kk' before lol
    • In my humble opinion i can remember that there is a ratio between the amount of silver in game and gold, which influences the exchange rate.

      This means the more silver there is in this game, the more expensive gold becomes.

      Taking into account the fact that silver is not consumed (not really) in this game but only the owner changes, gold can only become more expensive.

      Considering that the only silver burners are the island construction and repairs, apart from the lousy taxes in the market, the amount of silver in this game will increase even more in the future.

      Without an effective silver burn mechanism, this is the reality.
    • Equartus wrote:

      Dont see any problems ,you can get 4kk in few days ,collecting low tier resources + be under faction flag. Even without premium.

      And im not even talking about regular players who log in 3 times a week for few hours. Silver is not a problem. You just need to know how to get it. There are lots of ways to do it. And if you dont - pay real cash. Even if premium price will be 10kk per month it will be ok.

      4 M in a few days ? Bro, you make me dream :|

      I play 30 minutes per day ...cant' more (i have a true life )

      What do you collect more under the faction banner ?

      when I earn 200K per day I am happy... please give me your secret

      Equartus wrote:

      And if you dont - pay real cash.

      No, never !


      I have buy the game, I would not pay a subscription.


      But everyone does what they want with their money, I have no problem with that ;)


      Thank you for your reply.


      ExilMortus wrote:

      In my humble opinion i can remember that there is a ratio between the amount of silver in game and gold, which influences the exchange rate.

      This means the more silver there is in this game, the more expensive gold becomes.

      Taking into account the fact that silver is not consumed (not really) in this game but only the owner changes, gold can only become more expensive.

      Considering that the only silver burners are the island construction and repairs, apart from the lousy taxes in the market, the amount of silver in this game will increase even more in the future.

      Without an effective silver burn mechanism, this is the reality.

      thank you for the clarification.
    • @Phoenix

      If you play 30min a day you don't need premium.

      Fame? If you go with a group you don't have time, if you go solo it will take you ages at your play rate. (Even with premium) infinite time divided by 2 is still infinite

      Just do what you like, with 30 min a day you won't reach high fame.

      Maybe gathering would be efficient, but if you gather you would probably have the silver to buy premium.

      Just log and go ganking or just log for warcamps

      Or do what you like, premium is not that necessary for casuals
    • ExilMortus wrote:

      In my humble opinion i can remember that there is a ratio between the amount of silver in game and gold, which influences the exchange rate.

      This means the more silver there is in this game, the more expensive gold becomes.

      Taking into account the fact that silver is not consumed (not really) in this game but only the owner changes, gold can only become more expensive.

      Considering that the only silver burners are the island construction and repairs, apart from the lousy taxes in the market, the amount of silver in this game will increase even more in the future.

      Without an effective silver burn mechanism, this is the reality.
      There is a ratio its called "Global Discount". It was posted higher up in the thread (2 ppl actually linked threads about the "global discount")
      Also you say there is no "silver burn or consumption" (technical term used is "silver sink") - but that is not true. There are silver sinks, and even more are being introduced as of late. Repair bills is a huge one (all the HCE players, including the OP are whining about this) and you can burn millions on trying to re-roll item quality.

      Also material transmutation is a silver sink that not many use or know about, but regardless it is a silver sink.

      Skill credits are a huge silver sink as well. That is once you have a 100/100 mastery item equipped and have a checkbox checked on your destiny boards "Auto-Respec" - it will take silver automatically out of your wallet and convert it into fame credits. With 4 out of 5 items at 100/100 it can get somewhat expensive to fame, but such is the cost of fame credits (still about 10x cheaper then buying Tomes of Insight). I currently "pay" to fame basically as I lose silver when faming, even when picking up 200 silver per mob.

      Respec also costs a lot. Like millions if you want to respec 100/100 axe into 80/100 dagger for example. And you lose 20% fame when doing respec (so its a "fame sink" too). hence a 100/100 can only be respecced into 80/100 dagger (or any other weapon).

      Termak wrote:

      There was no question about the k, but about kk, i have seen only 2 weirdos use the kk instead M
      Most ppl in Russia use "kk" in MMOs

      Fusionbomb wrote:

      its a euro thing
      And Europe too ;)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().