Say NO to IP Cap, Say YES to Gear Cap

• ixxxo wrote:

TenBaRosh wrote:

Nothing wrong with spending your time to reach 400 spec
      Agreed... If you are in good alliance that can lock best dungeons for you regularly. Game should be balanced around small groups and solo players too, at least to certain extent. Possibly best activity you can do to solo fame farm is to kill direwolves. Now, would you kindly tell me how many direwolves do I need to get to 400/400? :) To save you the counting, it will take eternity. Maybe two.
      Do you even know WTF you talking about? You can unlock T8 gears solo easily if you are not a weak ass bitch and 400/400 set easily after that.I'll give you a hint (HCE). Took me couple months just need to use brain and have this skill you speak of in your other comments.
    • ixxxo wrote:

TenBaRosh wrote:

Nothing wrong with spending your time to reach 400 spec
      Agreed... If you are in good alliance that can lock best dungeons for you regularly. Game should be balanced around small groups and solo players too, at least to certain extent. Possibly best activity you can do to solo fame farm is to kill direwolves. Now, would you kindly tell me how many direwolves do I need to get to 400/400? :) To save you the counting, it will take eternity. Maybe two.
      best farm solo is direwolves are you crazy there are tons of solo mobs in the black zones that are t7 way better than dires and easy to kill solo not only that solo faming the outside of t6 and t7 dungeons is really decent solo farm and also easy. you just don't have a clue
    • Neef wrote:

best farm solo is direwolves are you crazy there are tons of solo mobs in the black zones that are t7 way better than dires and easy to kill solo not only that solo faming the outside of t6 and t7 dungeons is really decent solo farm and also easy. you just don't have a clue
      I stand behind my statement. Consider travel times, chance for encounter, chance for spot being already taken, how many times you are forced out, or outright killed and need to regear and travel back. T7 mob is ~750 fame, direwolf is ~520, you can find them straight as you get through the portal.
    • The whole concept of IP and power scaling is not working as intended and devs already confirmed they were planning some possible adjustments.

In my opinion each tier (100IP) should drastically improve item statistics.

Something like

T4 - base item stats
      T4+100ip - 200% Base
      T4+200ip - 250% base
      T4+300ip- 275% base
      T4+400ip - 300% base
      T5+500ip - 315% base

Those are just random numbers, but important is that when someone wears T4 and has maximum IP from skills - he still shouldn't be able to kill someone with T6 and maxed out gear. Those 200 IP difference should be really like double damage/armor/hp buff..

And I don't really like idea of discriminating gear level for skill level, its not how the game was originally designed.

The post was edited 2 times, last by glokz ().

• Not commenting on which is capped. I dun care about that part. I do however like the idea of reaver applying to the tier of weapon. It would be nice to see you having to risk gear equally in the ow or dgs. It might make t6 and t7 mats/gear more appropriately nestled within our economy. unfortunately there is no reaver for pvp. If there was then gankers and dg divers would have to risk gear that is similar in tier to their victims to a larger degree or come with much higher numbers. That I would also like.

Note:
      The game was actually included a version of tier limits in beta1...so you had to use tX or better to level tX. That gave higher tiers more viability and value as they were needed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raithe ().