Say NO to IP Cap, Say YES to Gear Cap

• Say NO to IP Cap, Say YES to Gear Cap

I will not go in details regarding the bonuses we gain from high specs.

What i do want to talk about is, why do we Cap the IP?
      Why not Cap the Gear instead? (In Royals, Yellow HGs, Arenas, etc where the cap is applied)
      We play MMORPG, reward those who has spend the time and effort to reach high spec, encourage players to play with T8 Gear to boost the economy, instead of telling them to use 4.2 because their specs are too high.

I do not suggest to apply more caps, what i do suggest is to change the system from IP cap to Gear cap, and encourage players to use T8 in more activities.

IP Cap vs Gear Cap

When you GvG in the Royals with high specs, you find yourself using 4.2 gear in most cases, this gear is dirt cheap (except artifact parts).
      By the nature of a human, if you know that what you might lose will require hours of effort for replacement, you will play different, you might take less risks.
      Also by switching to Gear Cap system - you will reward those players who actually play the game and spend time to progress, rather then Alt characters who bought 4 Tome of Spells and ready to roll.

Tier8 Gear
      Tier 8 is not useful enough, the price of 8.0 plate armors at the moment is under the price of craft cost + focus (some cases even books doesn't cover it).
      Why? because there is very few uses of Tier 8 in the game.
      The developers caped the IP in so many places, hence everyone using tier 6 in most activities.
      With the upcoming "buff" to territories, striping them away from T8 resources and bringing them to "everyone", the price of those mats will decrease further.
      Lets use this awesome gear for more activities.

Elder Reaver
      We know that when you reach high Reaver Tier, you gain Defense + Offense bonuses in PVE.
      Why not apply the bonus to the Tier of the gear we use?
      Attach the Reaver bonus to the Tier of the gear we use to increase the Risk vs Reward.

So if a player uses Tier 4 gear to kill Tier 7 mobs - he will lose the Reaver bonuses.
      And if he use Tier 7 Weapon vs Tier 7 Mob he will get 75% Damage Bonus,
      Tier 7 Armor vs Tier 7 Mob will give 43% defense.

Arena
      Everyone who done more then 10 Arenas in the past month, knows the feeling of waiting 30 min for a pop on average and then seeing, weird ass healer comp in 4.0 gear on your team.
      Make the Arena available only to players using 6/7/8 Tier, with Gear cap, without IP cap.
      It is ok to use high Tier gear, it is not ok to join with flat 4.0 gear and ruin the fun for the rest 9 players.
      Let those players spend more time learning Albion and unlocking their skills before joining those activities.

Scrims
      We managed to Cap so many places, but we fail to allow Cap on scrims?
      Make an option for Scrims to set a Tier 8 Cap on them, allowing teams to scrim in more realistic scenario.
      If you place an attack in Anglia, you will probably meet a team using 8.1 Gear, Let me scrim in 8.1 gear with my specs.
      My suggestion for scrims is allow un-capped fight, and GEAR capped fight options
      Albion is not Moba, its not CS GO nor DotA 2, if you spend 6 month grinding mobs, you should be rewarded for that, same as every MMORPG.
      So if i can setup a Scrim, with rule of 8.1 Gear, That fight will prepare me better to realistic scenario, rather the current state.

Please feel free to share your opinion, If you agree with me hit the Like button.
      CocaDoo
    • Also the tier8 stuff looks so nice, we should see it more often.

But there is a con with your gear cap :
      -If i want to fame my blazing, i should bring a tier to cv ? I should bring a t7 to stone top ? A t6 to the morgana dungeons, it's not realistic.
      (yes, i can substitute this staff for a t7-6 wildfire, but, a t8 is very expensive.
      The artifact weapon should have special rules. (in my point of view)
      [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/376587121433247744/419555473512071189/unknown.png?width=743&height=418[/img][url='https://goo.gl/NTwgpR']My OP STUFF and OP silver[/url]
    • Ip cap is the future. Take your swag into the open world.

OsKiDo wrote:

Also the tier8 stuff looks so nice, we should see it more often.

-If i want to fame my blazing, i should bring a tier to cv ? I should bring a t7 to stone top ? A t6 to the morgana dungeons, it's not realistic.
      (yes, i can substitute this staff for a t7-6 wildfire, but, a t8 is very expensive.
      Once upon a time you could not advance past the next tier of your weapon progress without using the currently unlocked tier. (t6 required to fame t7 etc)
    • OsKiDo wrote:

Also the tier8 stuff looks so nice, we should see it more often.

That's a valid point.
      Maybe less tier for higher relic?

Aurin wrote:

You can't make the entire game T8. The devs are trying to create a progression system.
      That not what i meant.
      I support progress, i don't want the progress to stop at tier 6.
      CocaDoo
    • None of that sounds like a good idea to me.

The reward to having higher specs is risking lesser/cheaper gear while maintaining IP.

Also, didn't someone do the math the other day for arenas? I think it was determined that a shitter in flat 4 (4.1?) with 0 specs reaches the soft-cap for arenas (800), and someone in full 8.3 MP gear with 400/400 specs for each item would reach an IP of 950ish. The arena is designed for newer players to get experience in PvP, so why would you want to keep them from it? If you want to wear good shit, then find a team to scrim against.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

None of that sounds like a good idea to me.

The reward to having higher specs is risking lesser/cheaper gear while maintaining IP.

Also, didn't someone do the math the other day for arenas? I think it was determined that a shitter in flat 4 (4.1?) with 0 specs reaches the soft-cap for arenas (800), and someone in full 8.3 MP gear with 400/400 specs for each item would reach an IP of 950ish. The arena is designed for newer players to get experience in PvP, so why would you want to keep them from it? If you want to wear good shit, then find a team to scrim against.
      Everyone who done more then 10 Arenas in the past month, knows the
      feeling of waiting 30 min for a pop on average and then seeing, weird
      ass healer comp in 4.0 gear on your team.
      Make the Arena available only to players using 6/7/8 Tier, with Gear cap, without IP cap.
      It is ok to use high Tier gear, it is not ok to join with flat 4.0 gear and ruin the fun for the rest 9 players.
      Let those players spend more time learning Albion and unlocking their skills before joining those activities.
      CocaDoo
    • TenBaRosh wrote:

Everyone who done more then 10 Arenas in the past month, knows thefeeling of waiting 30 min for a pop on average and then seeing, weird
      ass healer comp in 4.0 gear on your team.
      Dont you like Plate Armor Healers in t4.0? :D
      Some of them even walk to kitchen in the midst of fight, to make a sandwich and a cup of tea :D
    • Tabor wrote:

I would have to count zones later but I am fairly certain 80% or more of the zones in game are uncapped black zones....that is a shit ton of uncapped content.
      I do not ask for more capped content, i suggest to change the way they cap it.
      So famed up characters do matter.
      Instead of telling you (assume maxed out specs) to come with t4.1 gear vs a person with 0 specs he would use 6.1, both sets relatively cheap.
      Don't you think you deserve to enjoy the extra benefit that comes with high specs at a capped zone?
      If you had unlimited access to free gear - you would compete in the uncapped zones, right?

The only reason for a player to choose capped content is due to financial status.
      Someone might played the game for 3-5 month, grinded hes weapon and armor to very decent specs, he fail to compete at uncapped zones due to the price of the gear and Risk vs Reward, so he goes to a capped content.

I think it will be much more fair to say ok, in capped zones you allowed to use maximum of tier 7, so if you attend with a second character that has no specs, and i attend with my main character that i spend time to fame it up (MMORPG) to gain an advantage, i should get it.

What about new players?! Let them play the game, study the skills, the combinations, timers, game play and more. Once they feel ready, they will attend.
      CocaDoo
    • Not sure about all of the ideas (mainly gear-reaver suggestion, this would complicate faming new set starting T4.2 to reasonable t6 in short time a lot, also as mentioned, some gear pieces are very expensive for higher tiers).

HOWEVER, currently implemented IP cap doesn't seem entirely right. Either specializations count more than they should, or something else, you can regularly see it it in Arenas. Sometimes it feels you do no damage to enemy team (I mean like you really hit them for very little not that their healer is good at keeping them up) and they smash you like you are naked with each hit. I believe there is IP boost as well for flat T4 guys let's say, but they just take too much damage, compared to guys in T7-8.
    • TenBaRosh wrote:

I think it will be much more fair to say ok, in capped zones you allowed to use maximum of tier 7, so if you attend with a second character that has no specs, and i attend with my main character that i spend time to fame it up (MMORPG) to gain an advantage, i should get it.

What about new players?! Let them play the game, study the skills, the combinations, timers, game play and more. Once they feel ready, they will attend.
      i guess you spent too much time grinding and now you are not enjoying the game?

I'm not even t8 on my main weapon after 6 months of playing, the grind on this game is horrible.

No one has time for that shit. Let the new players enjoy the game on a sort of even ground.

We need a steady flow of new players

[/quote]
    • ixxxo wrote:

IMHO, it would be much helthier and enjoyeable game if 'hardcore' meant 'skillful' not 'gearful'. Keeping people interested by adding new items, things to do, not by taking 6 months to get to single T8 gear (and 400/400 specs taking much longer than that).
      Nothing wrong with spending your time to reach 400 spec and benefit from it in MMORPG game :)

When im in a mood to test my skill, i usually play Dota 2.
      CocaDoo
    • TenBaRosh wrote:

Nothing wrong with spending your time to reach 400 spec
      Agreed... If you are in good alliance that can lock best dungeons for you regularly. Game should be balanced around small groups and solo players too, at least to certain extent. Possibly best activity you can do to solo fame farm is to kill direwolves. Now, would you kindly tell me how many direwolves do I need to get to 400/400? :) To save you the counting, it will take eternity. Maybe two.