Please add a War Declaration system

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Please add a War Declaration system

Please can we add in a new war declaration mechanic where one guild/alliance can declare war on another guild/alliance.

This would allow combat anywhere/everywhere.

For example you pay 10 million silver and can declare war on a guild for 7 days.

(pricing would need to be balanced out depending on who was attacking who, guild size difference etc maybe?)

Brain storming here. Input welcome.

1. Attacking Guild/Alliance cannot recruit (or can but at a cost?)
      2. 7 Day war duration for X silver

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Erehwon ()

• Fusionbomb schrieb:

Seems like rich guilds would just grief other guilds into merging with them or quitting the game entirely.
      Yeah, it would require some scaling in terms of members.

If a large guild/alliance declares war on a much smaller guild they would pay an increased cost. If a smaller guild/alliance goes for a larger one they pay a reduced rate. Similar size pays a flat rate.

You'd have to tie guilds and alliances up for the duration of the war so that they couldn't just kick a load of guilds, declare a cheap war and then have them rejoin.
    • Erehwon schrieb:

As the guild/alliance launching the war the members/guilds/alliances are locked so you can only leave them and not accept new people, if you want to declare war you have to accept certain limitations/restrictions.

The whole idea would need to be heavily fleshed out to create a healthy balanced system.
      So my 1 man alt guild can declare war on money guild at a vastly reduced cost and now they can't recruit anymore? Seems like that will end well.

We have wardecs in Eve. They're used for two things:
      1. Destroying structures in highsec. The closest equivalent to albion is territories and castles, and those can be freely attacked.
      2. Griefing people. Which we don't need.
    • Uh....why don't you just make it so both guilds have to agree to the war? Lol...stop making this more complicated than it has to be. If a guild doesn't want the war then they don't accept...maybe make a week timer so every week you can renew or stop the war.
      But I definitely agree this would be a great feature. Could even allow the guilds to declare war on faction cities if that doesn't jack up a lot of stuff.
      A bounty system would be nice too but hey what do I know?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von ViLEuo ()

• Fred_the_Barbarian schrieb:

Erehwon schrieb:

As the guild/alliance launching the war the members/guilds/alliances are locked so you can only leave them and not accept new people, if you want to declare war you have to accept certain limitations/restrictions.

The whole idea would need to be heavily fleshed out to create a healthy balanced system.
      So my 1 man alt guild can declare war on money guild at a vastly reduced cost and now they can't recruit anymore? Seems like that will end well.
      1. Destroying structures in highsec. The closest equivalent to albion is territories and castles, and those can be freely attacked.
      No, the limitation on recruitment/leaving is applied to the attacker, not the defender. So you can't start a war with 1 man at a cheap price and then add loads of members.

Maybe the attacking guild/alliance will be allowed to recruit other guilds/members, but at a cost?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Erehwon ()

• ViLEuo schrieb:

Uh....why don't you just make it so both guilds have to agree to the war? Lol...stop making this more complicated than it has to be. If a guild doesn't want the war then they don't accept...maybe make a week timer so every week you can renew or stop the war.
      But I definitely agree this would be a great feature. Could even allow the guilds to declare war on faction cities if that doesn't jack up a lot of stuff.
      A bounty system would be nice too but hey what do I know?
      Bounties are a tricky one to get right in most cases that I've seen it. People just tend to get a friend to kill them to cash out. I'm not sure on a solution, maybe the person who places the bounty has some control over when it gets paid?

Having it so that both sides agree isn't really how war works. If you want to declare war on someone, you won't stop because they don't want a war.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian schrieb:

Erehwon schrieb:

RVB is an example of Wardecs being used to great effect and generating a hell of a lot of content.
    • Erehwon schrieb:

Fred_the_Barbarian schrieb:

Erehwon schrieb:

So my 1 man alt guild can declare war on money guild at a vastly reduced cost and now they can't recruit anymore? Seems like that will end well.We have wardecs in Eve. They're used for two things:
      RVB is an example of Wardecs being used to great effect and generating a hell of a lot of content.
      RVB is the exception, not the rule.
    • Why not make it so you can only declare war on alliances who own assets such as territories and cities. This way the lower end guilds with nothing don't get destroyed and gives a downside to people who just wanna join this biggest alliances in game, they should definitely look into this tho as it would really help bring life into red zones. Sick and tired of camping pvp circles or going -20k cause poe and squad keep feeding endless glorious players to me. Pretty much no downside to being part of a massive alliance in red zones and it's just boring and imbalanced.
    • Neu

letwolf schrieb:

aint HG 2x2 or 5x5 enough? thats pure pvp
      Sure, if you like playing with 1 other person or up to 4 others. But I personally like to play with my Guild. We're social bunch and doing things together is what we enjoy. There isn't much of a middle ground for content.

This probably isn't the solution, but if the ball gets rolling on some ideas for encouraging 10 man open world content then I'm all ears!