Nimue Update: T8 Resource Changes

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Well... I sure am going to miss going around every territory in the snow maps and taking all the ores from them by myself.Mercia (CIR) and Cumbria (POE). I felt more safe inside the enemy territories knowing dam well they won't show up and no one bothering me. If they do show up it's usually one guy who is not even competent enough to stop me from taking the resources.

      Therefore, it's not about giving territory owners more time (previous mage raiding nerf) it's about guilds choosing not to respond or the ones that gets sent to defend are clueless. Same goes for mage raiding not only for resources. Not to mention the mage raiding nerfs didn't work.I can still two man all the mages without the territory owners responding in most cases.

      In conclusion I do like the new change having T8's in the Open World.Territory owners couldn't defend them anyway and most guilds wouldn't even bother taking them unless it was 8.2 or 8.3 which was a complete waste.
    • Rautanyrkki wrote:

      How does this help new guilds to obtain their gear to fight for the towers since all the t8 goes to ZvZ guilds and all the small ones are left with nothing?
      This is as bad at the 1%ers crying about having their endless stream of silver taken away from them. You used to barely have a chance at all. What is it you want? T8 nodes on your personal island?
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

      Hello all,

      As previously announced, the Nimue update, launching on November 21, will bring changes to tier 8 resources. Since these changes will affect gameplay strategy for both individuals and guilds, we want to provide a clear explanation of exactly what will be altered. Here's the information from @'Eltharyon which was posted to the Round Table, which we're reposting here to share with the whole playerbase.

      ---

      For clarification:

      Since the territories are receiving a significant buff, we're taking this opportunity to remove the T8 resources entirely from the watchtowers.

      The primary role of watchtower territories will thus be to
      - provide an access to GvG and Crystal Realm GvG
      - provide energy and season points via Crystal Realm GvG and Siphoning Mages
      - provide a base of operations in Outlands regions

      All T8 resources have been moved to the center 5 regions of each Outland arena. Their spawn behaviour is similar to T7 nodes, but there are significantly fewer of them (total amount of T8 in the world remains the same).

      Positive impact of this change:
      - harvesting Tier 8 in full gatherer gear comes with a higher risk
      - reduces resource snowballing effect for territory ownership
      - more open world interaction, more reason to scout the open world

      We decided to fully move all resources at once, because even with moving all of them its still a relatively low density of T8 in the open world (and it would be even lower if we kept some in territories).
      So I checked Searslab Steppe both today and yesterday. Found 5xT8 fiber nodes and 1xt8 ore node no t8 hide what so ever. Found 1xt6 hide... Where are the Hides? Steppe is supposed to be the best zone for Hide but you guys clearly have no clue what you are doing.

      Any T8 resource node in the open world only contains 1 tick, I REALLY hope this is a bug and is already fixed on another version.

      This change will make enchanted t8 leather almost zero. No one seeing a t8 dire bear or a T8 mammoth will ever pass them by = no proper chance for them to enchant. The T7 hide is already on the live servers almost NEVER enchanted because of the fact that people kill them whenever they see them for the chance of a pup. Please for the love of god move the chance for a pup to either people with fully stacked up gathering gear of the same tier as the hide or make it a random chance when you gather the last hide on the node.

      But again you are missing so many key factors from what we as players can see. Clearly you don't play the game even close enough to adjust stuff like this in a good manner, just look at the horrible way you changed t4-5. Now you are trying to fix it WITHOUT adding more nodes. Instead you choose to be blind and add "more enchantmentrate" and 1 more gather tick on T5. Before Merlyn there was 33 Blackzones with 12% or higher enchantment rate. After the patch there was 9! Those 33 blackzones where sometimes T4-T6 sure but the new 9 zones you so kindly added enchantment rate to has OVER 50% T3 resources in them. That meant that your 9 zones are probably worth less than 6 of the zones you removed it from. Great success breaking the resources for 3-4 months. Please consider your changes some more before wildy changing stuff.

      T8 resources will spawn in 20 zones down from what 200? What will happend?`This will make the large guilds lock down the zones to ALL smaller guilds = no t8 for anyone that's not part of that guild/alliance. Add point sharing ASAP please! The alliances are getting fucking stupid. The game is currently played in 3 alliances -> SAVE (which I am in and I hate that this is the only response that works in any way shape or form to counter PoE), PoE and SQUAD. there are no other alliances even on the map when it comes to ZvZ. PoE is so dug in with their like 15 people who has like 15 alts per person and can ALWAYS show with the same people for GvGs regardless of time.

      The T8 resouce zones (the 20 i mentioned above) will almost 100% be the target for the strongest GvG guilds in the game, and more than likely be owned by a single alliance. Brilliantly executed plan sounds like you are making it worse for everyone else.
    • Piddle wrote:

      Rautanyrkki wrote:

      How does this help new guilds to obtain their gear to fight for the towers since all the t8 goes to ZvZ guilds and all the small ones are left with nothing?
      This is as bad at the 1%ers crying about having their endless stream of silver taken away from them. You used to barely have a chance at all. What is it you want? T8 nodes on your personal island?
      No, I do not wish that t8 would be in personal islands :) but what I'm seeking is balance between GvG and ZvZ "rewards". Having 100% T8 resources in ter isn't a good thing but neither is taking all of it away, so what I'd like to see is 50/50 split -> 50% of current T8 res inside the ter and 50% of the current go to set maps ow random spawn to spawn same time as ter. Now people would have OW content and the ter would feel more rewarding while having some t8 still in it.
      Reason why I dont have warm feelings towards this change is that I believe it to be similar to reset day -> How many small groups do you see taking territories? You only see mega blobs eating and demolishing everything and thats what I think will happen when t8 spawns.
      People screaming for Risk vs Reward, I really don't see the reward to be there since everyone and their mothers will be there to either ZvZ or Gank since they know there is content to be had :)
    • Akuti wrote:

      PrintsKaspian wrote:

      Hello all,

      As previously announced, the Nimue update, launching on November 21, will bring changes to tier 8 resources. Since these changes will affect gameplay strategy for both individuals and guilds, we want to provide a clear explanation of exactly what will be altered. Here's the information from @'Eltharyon which was posted to the Round Table, which we're reposting here to share with the whole playerbase.

      ---

      For clarification:

      Since the territories are receiving a significant buff, we're taking this opportunity to remove the T8 resources entirely from the watchtowers.

      The primary role of watchtower territories will thus be to
      - provide an access to GvG and Crystal Realm GvG
      - provide energy and season points via Crystal Realm GvG and Siphoning Mages
      - provide a base of operations in Outlands regions

      All T8 resources have been moved to the center 5 regions of each Outland arena. Their spawn behaviour is similar to T7 nodes, but there are significantly fewer of them (total amount of T8 in the world remains the same).

      Positive impact of this change:
      - harvesting Tier 8 in full gatherer gear comes with a higher risk
      - reduces resource snowballing effect for territory ownership
      - more open world interaction, more reason to scout the open world

      We decided to fully move all resources at once, because even with moving all of them its still a relatively low density of T8 in the open world (and it would be even lower if we kept some in territories).
      So I checked Searslab Steppe both today and yesterday. Found 5xT8 fiber nodes and 1xt8 ore node no t8 hide what so ever. Found 1xt6 hide... Where are the Hides? Steppe is supposed to be the best zone for Hide but you guys clearly have no clue what you are doing.
      Any T8 resource node in the open world only contains 1 tick, I REALLY hope this is a bug and is already fixed on another version.

      This change will make enchanted t8 leather almost zero. No one seeing a t8 dire bear or a T8 mammoth will ever pass them by = no proper chance for them to enchant. The T7 hide is already on the live servers almost NEVER enchanted because of the fact that people kill them whenever they see them for the chance of a pup. Please for the love of god move the chance for a pup to either people with fully stacked up gathering gear of the same tier as the hide or make it a random chance when you gather the last hide on the node.

      But again you are missing so many key factors from what we as players can see. Clearly you don't play the game even close enough to adjust stuff like this in a good manner, just look at the horrible way you changed t4-5. Now you are trying to fix it WITHOUT adding more nodes. Instead you choose to be blind and add "more enchantmentrate" and 1 more gather tick on T5. Before Merlyn there was 33 Blackzones with 12% or higher enchantment rate. After the patch there was 9! Those 33 blackzones where sometimes T4-T6 sure but the new 9 zones you so kindly added enchantment rate to has OVER 50% T3 resources in them. That meant that your 9 zones are probably worth less than 6 of the zones you removed it from. Great success breaking the resources for 3-4 months. Please consider your changes some more before wildy changing stuff.

      T8 resources will spawn in 20 zones down from what 200? What will happend?`This will make the large guilds lock down the zones to ALL smaller guilds = no t8 for anyone that's not part of that guild/alliance. Add point sharing ASAP please! The alliances are getting fucking stupid. The game is currently played in 3 alliances -> SAVE (which I am in and I hate that this is the only response that works in any way shape or form to counter PoE), PoE and SQUAD. there are no other alliances even on the map when it comes to ZvZ. PoE is so dug in with their like 15 people who has like 15 alts per person and can ALWAYS show with the same people for GvGs regardless of time.

      The T8 resouce zones (the 20 i mentioned above) will almost 100% be the target for the strongest GvG guilds in the game, and more than likely be owned by a single alliance. Brilliantly executed plan sounds like you are making it worse for everyone else.
      Leather has always been that way, People seem to think killing a cat in cv has a chance to drop a swiftclaw pup when it doesnt. Id love for something like a pup chance increase if the animal is enchanted. That would at least have some sorta reason to not kill animals right away. Id love to see .2 dires up more often instead of flat dires that are killed just for pups. Skinning is the hardest and most dangerous gatherer. Mammoths and bears are not really left up in terris long since bears can be pulled and killed outside of it for as little as a chance for a pup to drop. Most terri owners just kill the animals so they dont have to babysit them.
    • Gank wrote:

      Stone guardian boss in HOHE spawned inside the territory wall/rock sprite as well when we were doing the test GvGs earlier.


      cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…5952/Zrzut_ekranu_354.png
      thats normal, as its not longer a "big boss" its a mini-boss (like the t7 golems, just a bit bigger) and there could be multiples ones spread out through out the cluster, including the terries

      EDIT: a question - can these minibosses enchant?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Gank wrote:

      Stone guardian boss in HOHE spawned inside the territory wall/rock sprite as well when we were doing the test GvGs earlier.


      cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…5952/Zrzut_ekranu_354.png
      thats normal, as its not longer a "big boss" its a mini-boss (like the t7 golems, just a bit bigger) and there could be multiples ones spread out through out the cluster, including the terries
      EDIT: a question - can these minibosses enchant?
      You misunderstand. Its INSIDE the rock/wall, and can't move.
    • Gank wrote:

      You misunderstand. Its INSIDE the rock/wall, and can't move.
      Ah, ok yes - in the screenshot it was not indicated that it was stuck.

      I know HOHE, and I know there is a really narrow pathway between the terri wall and that rock formation... its probably a bug as the collision for the mini-boss is larger then a player so it got stuck when it spawned.

      You should be able to /report this in-game, its like those "floating" mining nodes they had in the beta that had to be reported and fixed eventually...
    • Devs should bring back t4 and t5 enchant levels back to the black zone or at least t5. The amount of t5 in the 2 zones in royals sucks there is more t3 than anything even t4 is hard to come by on some server resets. at the very least raise the level in black zones from 5% to something higher please! other then the 5 zones around the middle the only reason to gather in the black zone is for t6 and its so worthless its crazy I have tons of t6 .2 and .3 and yet no .2 or .3 t5 and very little t4 @ .2 and .3 and I do go to royals. the enchant level being high in so little zones for t4 and t5 is just stupid.
    • The T6 resource mini-bosses should be changed to be reflective of the zone level they are in:

      Portal zones spawn T4 resource bosses
      Next ring of zones are T5
      Middle zones between the T8 spawns are T6

      Using an Anglia and Mercia example:
      T4 - Hanging Valley; Gravelight Marsh
      T5 - Dampwall; Putrescent Sump
      T6 - Dirtwall; Hungry Mire

      This would prevent the further devaluing of T6 and reduce the bottleneck of T5 (especially enchanted) that the Nimue "T5 change" will not do