Shields

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Is it perhaps because the meta remains rather busty in an attempt to overwhelm the holy healers? I think it is worth noting that with the balancing of armor passives, the defense against players bonus can increase your effective armor to a higher tier equivalent.

It may not seem like much, but equip a higher tier or armor without a shield, then equip the tier below with a shield and check your damage taken in a duel. Its quite surprising and can make a nice difference in ip capped instances such as HG's or faction warfare.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Khladraven ()

• RiconesBr schrieb:

Defense in general is underpowered. Why would u use an offhand that gives u 10% defense if u can use taproot that can give u 700 life? The taproot is 3x stronger than the sarcophagus
      With a price tag to match, but don't forget the healing debuff stacking on higher proportional health. A high resistance player takes less proportional damage than a player with a higher health pool instead. Meaning that first player is easier to heal already, before even taking into account the healing lost from wielding a taproot.

This means more energy cost, and time investment from your healer to heal the same amount of damage that the player with higher resistances took.
    • Khladraven schrieb:

RiconesBr schrieb:

Defense in general is underpowered. Why would u use an offhand that gives u 10% defense if u can use taproot that can give u 700 life? The taproot is 3x stronger than the sarcophagus
      With a price tag to match, but don't forget the healing debuff stacking on higher proportional health. A high resistance player takes less proportional damage than a player with a higher health pool instead. Meaning that first player is easier to heal already, before even taking into account the healing lost from wielding a taproot.
      This means more energy cost, and time investment from your healer to heal the same amount of damage that the player with higher resistances took.
      Dude? it does not make sense. Lets say u wear a sarcophagus 100/100 t8.1. In my case, thats an 11% damage reduction. I have 2.2k health, meaning that my effective health is 2.460 health.
      Thats a LOT worse than using a taproot with 3000 health, with the same stats. The downside is the 8% less healing, but all you have to do is eat a thunderfall sandwitch to get more 300 health and 10% healing bonus.
      You will have 30% more effective health, which means you have a t3 resistance potion at all times.
    • RiconesBr schrieb:

Khladraven schrieb:

RiconesBr schrieb:

With a price tag to match, but don't forget the healing debuff stacking on higher proportional health. A high resistance player takes less proportional damage than a player with a higher health pool instead. Meaning that first player is easier to heal already, before even taking into account the healing lost from wielding a taproot.This means more energy cost, and time investment from your healer to heal the same amount of damage that the player with higher resistances took.
      Dude? it does not make sense. Lets say u wear a sarcophagus 100/100 t8.1. In my case, thats an 11% damage reduction. I have 2.2k health, meaning that my effective health is 2.460 health.Thats a LOT worse than using a taproot with 3000 health, with the same stats. The downside is the 8% less healing, but all you have to do is eat a thunderfall sandwitch to get more 300 health and 10% healing bonus.
      You will have 30% more effective health, which means you have a t3 resistance potion at all times.
      I'd say you are looking at it wrong, it shouldn't be considered proportional to the taproot in terms of "effective" health. Yes the healing lost can be combated with a lurcher sandwich, but you can just as easily put that sandwich on the shield build, so we can basically remove that argument seen as it applies in both cases. The difference being that with the shield you could instead choose other consumables that may be more beneficial.

Basically the whole concept of trying it to convert into effective health is simply wrong. You are ignoring the proportional reduction in damage over hp. That is the more important equation. With a taproot you are still taking the same damage that would have been applied to you without it, which directly translates to the same amount of healing needed to be done by the healer when you are hit by enemy skills (e.g frost Q's). The difference being that you may be at 70% hp, but healing that remaining 30% of hp to top you back up to 100% translates into a higher energy investment from the healer than with no taproot. (especially considering the healing lost).

Now with the shield/resistance focused build you are taking less damage than would have been applied to you without it. Which in turn translates to less healing needed to be done by the healer when hit by enemy skills. Meaning that at that 70% of hp to top you back up to 100% it translates as the same energy investment from the healer than with no shield, and less of an energy investment than with a taproot. Which is more efficient in terms of healer energy and time taken for applied healing output (when viewed in that percentage base of 70%-100%hp).

Now that isn't to say the taproot is useless, it allows you to provide extended pressure on the enemy team whilst taking damage, at the cost of a longer recovery period and time/energy investment from the healer for damage taken during that time. For that utility you pay a pretty penny, but that applied pressure can be invaluable so long as you play you positioning right, and don't give up too much space during any recovery needed.

The shield may let you provide less extended pressure than the taproot (this is where you increase in effective health plays in), but depending on how you play/position it isnt needed. Undoubtedly in some situations a taproot may be better (e.g popularity on bloodletter to ensure survival when diving in for executes), but in other circumstances where the resistance stacking can be bolstered; for example iron will on the swords, a shield can be considered better, especially considering the new stack speed of swords allowing you to create and maintain stacks far easier than before.

This is also why you don't see many cloth dps' wearing a taproot, although it may protect from a heavy dive, cloth armor has very low resistances, meaning that upping your HP has no impact on the damage you have taken, you have still taken the damage, it has just taken less of your available health pool, which can put heavy strain on the healer's time and energy investment to heal top you off again.

I hope this makes more sense.
    • Great explanation, taproot is best for a bruiser build or burst-range (arcane/curse/fire) who stands on the front line, drops damage, then runs backward.

It is not intended for the tank who is supposed to be permanently on the frontline, as shield is the long-term strategy to absorb damage and retain heal mitigation.