A Brief Guide to Crystal Realm Battles

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Jolder wrote:

      First of all we will change the first time to 02:00 UTC (for 14:00, 13:00, 12:00, 05:00, 04:00, 03:00, 02:00, 01:00, and 00:00). We made this change based on our total CCU numbers and therefore hope that most of you have a comfortable time window.
      Have you considered that your CCU in West Coast US / Asia Pacific would increase if you provided more content during their prime times? Albion caters to Euros and Eastern US and has ignored two major populations since launch. This is literally the first hint of improving the situation, and it's already been rescinded.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

      New Daily Season Points for Territory Ownership:
      Mercia - 216
      Cumbria - 168
      Anglia - 120
      Royal - 96

      Max Season Points per Crystal Realm Battle:
      Tower level 1 2 3
      Mercia 190 240 290
      Cumbria 190 240 290
      Anglia 190 240 290
      Royal 190 240 290

      Jolder wrote:

      Territory ownership (via GvG) still has no IP cap and still stands as the most advanced / prestigious activity.
      ?( ?( ?(
    • Jolder wrote:

      I know that it doesn't feel good to see a smaller number after the update. But the problem here is that rewards from season points all have a certain value and are balanced in a way that we give a fixed value per point. Now If we drastically increase season points available, we would give out far more of these rewards (which will have a bad impact on the economy).

      If it would be all about 'perceiving' the higher number we could multiply everything by 10 but in the end the relative relation of these values would still not change. And by keeping the total amount of season points roughly the same, we keep the value per point the same. And this is important as well.

      Regarding the actual thresholds: We wanted to make sure that the ownership of the territories still shows a significant difference between royal, low, mid and high. And by shifting more points away from Mercia to Anglia for example would change the maximum output of a territory, which we keep stable for now (except for royal of course).
      @Jolder

      If people are doing more gvgs, crystal or otherwise, then there should be more total season points/energy in the economy. Telling people to do more for less is a terrible policy, especially in a game. Nerfing Anglia by 50% and Royals by 0% doesn't balance season points in any way.

      I see from your message that you are aware of the royal exception. Wouldn't it be more fair to just keep all territories' energy generation as they are, like you are doing for royals, and just accept a higher net volume of energy and season points, rather than implement the unequal nerfs currently planned?
    • Kumquat wrote:


      I see from your message that you are aware of the royal exception. Wouldn't it be more fair to just keep all territories' energy generation as they are, like you are doing for royals, and just accept a higher net volume of energy and season points, rather than implement the unequal nerfs currently planned?
      Especially if you plan on removing all t8 from territories slashing the energy they generate as well makes no sense if you want to have GvGs remain as an advanced activity. Their income generation in light of that and the pretty substantial nerf to energy they generate makes territory fights way way more expensive than the actual income they create which just makes the snowball situation even worse because no new guild will ever be able to afford fighting for them.

      Plus if you consider the fact that crystal GvGs happen at one specific time that might not even fit your guild's playtime (12 utc terris have to fight at 2/4 utc somehow makes sense?) that means that the overall energy generation will likely be much lower than before since guilds won't be able to fight them every single day in every territory.

      And even then If you win 50% of your fights at rank 2 while scoring 80% of your maximum available points, you'll end up with 96 bonus energy per day on average, which is still less than the passive energy you would get before.

      New Passive Energy:
      Mercia - 216
      Cumbria - 168
      Anglia - 120
      Royal - 96

      Currently we have:
      Mercia - 336
      Cumbria - 288
      Anglia - 240
      Royal - 96
    • honestly this would be fine 2 years ago, but now we have relics, enchanted food, faction capes and overcharge

      cost to gvg only have been growing, and you are bascially removing any viable profit from territories, not only that, you are increasing number of gvgs from 1 to 2, shitting on every small guild as winning a territory is putting them in debt

      Good job on promoting zerg gameplay even more and forcing people to find nonpvp options to make money


      P.S.

      Expect most of BZ guilds going to redzones because they are cheaper.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by tabooshka ().

    • Desriel wrote:

      Kumquat wrote:

      I see from your message that you are aware of the royal exception. Wouldn't it be more fair to just keep all territories' energy generation as they are, like you are doing for royals, and just accept a higher net volume of energy and season points, rather than implement the unequal nerfs currently planned?
      Especially if you plan on removing all t8 from territories slashing the energy they generate as well makes no sense if you want to have GvGs remain as an advanced activity. Their income generation in light of that and the pretty substantial nerf to energy they generate makes territory fights way way more expensive than the actual income they create which just makes the snowball situation even worse because no new guild will ever be able to afford fighting for them.
      Plus if you consider the fact that crystal GvGs happen at one specific time that might not even fit your guild's playtime (12 utc terris have to fight at 2/4 utc somehow makes sense?) that means that the overall energy generation will likely be much lower than before since guilds won't be able to fight them every single day in every territory.

      And even then If you win 50% of your fights at rank 2 while scoring 80% of your maximum available points, you'll end up with 96 bonus energy per day on average, which is still less than the passive energy you would get before.

      New Passive Energy:
      Mercia - 216
      Cumbria - 168
      Anglia - 120
      Royal - 96

      Currently we have:
      Mercia - 336
      Cumbria - 288
      Anglia - 240
      Royal - 96
      Removing the T8 resources from territories is of course a nerf even though this will probably open up these resources to more smaller guilds and give them more power to compete. We're keeping our eyes on that topic and we will buff territories if necessary.
      But for Nimue we will first see these changes in action and give them some time show their full effect.

      And on the topic of the possible exploit of teams not getting matched and receiving a reward, we will reduce the amount of season points a team receives in this situation where the system cannot find a match for them to

      50 season points at tower level 1
      60 season points at tower level 2
      70 season points at tower level 3

      The main reason for this is to reduce the incentive for huge alliances to force these situations and benefit from them. If we see this still happening we will take further actions.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Jolder ().

    • I'm still baffled as to how there's still NOTHING end game for five whole hours before the server restarts.

      We're talking about what time works best for everyone's time-zones, but this is a worldwide game that has completely neglected the fact that there's no end game content from 5-10 UTC. For tons of people that is their most active play time and there's nothing to do.
    • Jolder wrote:

      Removing the T8 resources from territories is of course a nerf even though this will probably open up these resources to more smaller guilds and give them more power to compete.
      This might be true if they spawned in all territories but if you make them spawn in only the 5 territories around the center and on timers like T7 as planned I highly doubt "small guilds" will see any notable portion of it as they will be camped by larger guilds upon reset.

      By having them spawn in territories you gave smaller skilled guilds the ability to access the resources through winning GvGs, or larger guilds the ability to access it by raiding the territories on reset, or even smaller guilds to send small resource stealing groups at odd hours. This supported the whole sandbox play how you like mantra by allowing different play-styles to work and be successful.

      This change removes all that and will make resources only accessible by larger guilds camping them upon spawn unless there's something drastic planned I'm missing?
    • @Eternalhaze

      If you take a look at any time zone map, for example timeanddate.com/time/map/ and assume prime time is around 8 pm (That equals -9 to -14 hours from UTC).
      Then you will see that 5-10 am UTC is actually primetime for not much more than the pacific ocean and the islands in it. Sure there's some parts with a higher population in these vague areas, but it's far less than what you're describing as "tons of people".

      - Lino
    • Jolder wrote:

      Removing the T8 resources from territories is of course a nerf even though this will probably open up these resources to more smaller guilds and give them more power to compete. We're keeping our eyes on that topic and we will buff territories if necessary.But for Nimue we will first see these changes in action and give them some time show their full effect.

      And on the topic of the possible exploit of teams not getting matched and receiving a reward, we will reduce the amount of season points a team receives in this situation where the system cannot find a match for them to

      50 season points at tower level 1
      60 season points at tower level 2
      70 season points at tower level 3

      The main reason for this is to reduce the incentive for huge alliances to force these situations and benefit from them. If we see this still happening we will take further actions.

      The "incentive" is there because there's no way for a territory to make enough money to pay for GVG gear, so the logical choice is to narrow and cartel the BZ through NAP's.

      Your "solution" doesn't factor into the equation that we - the people you are designing the game against - quite simply don't give a flying f*** about season points, season rewards, and seasons themselves. That's not what we play the game for.

      In order to properly "solve" us, you gotta remove GVG's themselves from the game and make territories swap ownership via ZvZ. ;)
    • Jolder wrote:

      Removing the T8 resources from territories is of course a nerf even though this will probably open up these resources to more smaller guilds and give them more power to compete. We're keeping our eyes on that topic and we will buff territories if necessary.But for Nimue we will first see these changes in action and give them some time show their full effect.

      And on the topic of the possible exploit of teams not getting matched and receiving a reward, we will reduce the amount of season points a team receives in this situation where the system cannot find a match for them to

      50 season points at tower level 1
      60 season points at tower level 2
      70 season points at tower level 3

      The main reason for this is to reduce the incentive for huge alliances to force these situations and benefit from them. If we see this still happening we will take further actions.
      So we are just doing away with pretense and just calling it blue army patch from now on?