A Brief Guide to Crystal Realm Battles

    • tabooshka wrote:

      I guess you completely missed the point
      I must be confused then. Sinatra said rewards are not high enough for what you gain from a crystal gvg and it would be dumb to engage because both sides lose?

      Team A brings 6.1 gear
      Team B brings T8.1 gear and relics
      Both teams overcharge
      Maybe Team B is ahead by 75 IP

      Team A is able to kill 2 people with relics on team B
      Although Team B won the crystal

      Team A effectively will attempt to starve team B if they can reduce relics by 2 every single day multiplied by potentially vsing multiple teams from the same guild losing relics everyday.
      As the 6.1 team you even have a chance to bank a relic if the other team chooses to do so... Sinatra's point about glorified hellgate might be accurate at face value, but I think if you look deeper it will be a lot more.

      You only lose what you bring... Could you please explain what I missed?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Wadefu ().

    • Wadefu wrote:

      tabooshka wrote:

      I guess you completely missed the point
      I must be confused then. Sinatra said rewards are not high enough for what you gain from a crystal gvg and it would be dumb to engage because both sides lose?
      Team A brings 6.1 gear
      Team B brings T8.1 gear and relics
      Both teams overcharge
      Maybe Team B is ahead by 75 IP

      Team A is able to kill 2 people with relics on team B
      Although Team B won the crystal

      Team A effectively will attempt to starve team B if they can reduce relics by 2 every single day multiplied by potentially vsing multiple teams from the same guild losing relics everyday.
      As the 6.1 team you even have a chance to bank a relic if the other team chooses to do so... Sinatra's point about glorified hellgate might be accurate at face value, but I think if you look deeper it will be a lot more.

      You only lose what you bring... Could you please explain what I missed?
      ?????????????????
      Did you miss whole paragraph about having to own a territory in the first place
      Did you miss the fact, that territories no longer provide any wealth if they are not connected to a raid zone
      Did you miss the fact that those territories are a slot to crystal gvg
      Did you miss the fact that you get dogshit rewards for having to fight twice a day
      Or did you miss the fact that because of this system, more stagnation will be created in gvg scene

      You cant starve someone when you yourself are already starving.

      System more fair for small guilds? Then I guess they should remove blackzone completely and we all should do redzone gvgs because its a pile of bullshit.

      no one is gonna bring 8.1 to crystal gvgs, you might see flat8 as its cheap, as showed above, theres no point bringing relics if you want to stay profitable, just have fun vs double healer comps
      whole point is that devs said crystal gvgs increase value of territories, which they clearly dont

      So if you dont see a problem that game forces you to farm daily just so you can pvp because competitive pvp itself is not profitable anymore, then i have no words

      All this patch does is give power to ZERGS, control 5 zones and you control majority of economy
    • Well first of all i dont get your whole "starve the opponent team" approach as you dont meet the same team day after day.
      and of course you shouldnt bring relics to the crystal gvg's if you want to make money.


      Im talking about the gear required to win the territories in the first place. The fights that isnt capped and cost tens of millions of silver - and how the guilds Arent getting those money in anymore.

      You need a territory in order to fight, but territories are worth a ton less for guilds after the patch, which deevaluates everything and incentivises total peace all over the board because guilds who already struggle with income now lose 75% of the income they used to.

      Anyways, you will see next week what im talking about. Might be a week or two for everyone to realise that gvg'ing is bad business after the patch but then you will see the most dead game gvgwise since launch.
    • I'm sure there are plenty of guilds who will take your territories if you drop them because you think they are not profitable.

      tabooshka wrote:

      Did you miss whole paragraph about having to own a territory in the first place

      Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      Im talking about the gear required to win the territories in the first place. The fights that isnt capped and cost tens of millions of silver - and how the guilds Arent getting those money in anymore.

      Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      You need a territory in order to fight, but territories are worth a ton less for guilds after the patch, which deevaluates everything and incentivises total peace all over the board because guilds who already struggle with income now lose 75% of the income they used to.

      Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      "starve the opponent team"
      I think if you read this in this order things start to click.

      tabooshka wrote:

      Did you miss the fact that you get dogshit rewards for having to fight twice a day
      Honest question I thought EU territories will only participate in their EU crystal GVG time slot - same for NA territories only participate in NA time slot... So it's only once a day, unless of course your an international guild or a no lifer guild.
    • SirusX715 wrote:

      Whole lot of screaming in here that the territory value nerf will make gvging unsustainable. Why would guilds not just reduce thier the gear budget in response to territory value going down. If you drop a gear tier, you bring the risk/reward ratio back in line.
      thats why most people are complaining about anglia vs redzones, because rewards are the same as non adjacent terris to raid zones and they are ip capped LOL

      cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…1823031336981/unknown.png

      The post was edited 2 times, last by tabooshka ().

    • Royal territory gvg is ip capped.

      When you enter a crystal gvg you are not paired against other teams who have royal territory's but are pooled against every other continent.

      The rewards for crystal gvg are the same because everyone is on an even playing ground:

      Tower level 1 2 3
      Mercia 190 240 290
      Cumbria 190 240 290
      Anglia 190 240 290
      Royal 190 240 290

      Passive rewards differ.

      New Daily Season Points for Territory Ownership:
      Mercia - 216
      Cumbria - 168
      Anglia - 120
      Royal - 96

      I don't understand whats there to complain about... Shouldn't Mercia people complain that Anglia also get the same rewards?
    • The current black zone owners are unhappy because they might not be able to afford to bring insane top end gear to every GvG anymore to control territory. So as several people have now said the logical evolution is wear less expensive gear. If the value is reduced across the board then maybe you can get away with GvGing in Anglia with 7.1. Benefits all over the place in this case. Many more guilds could actually get involved which would also drive more opponents in Crystal. Would also drive more overall black zone activity instead of the stagnation that currently exists.
    • Tabor wrote:

      The current black zone owners are unhappy because they might not be able to afford to bring insane top end gear to every GvG anymore to control territory. So as several people have now said the logical evolution is wear less expensive gear. If the value is reduced across the board then maybe you can get away with GvGing in Anglia with 7.1. Benefits all over the place in this case. Many more guilds could actually get involved which would also drive more opponents in Crystal. Would also drive more overall black zone activity instead of the stagnation that currently exists.
      lmao, this is exactly what people wrote when overcharge came in

      all this patch is doing is giving even more power to zergs

      The post was edited 1 time, last by tabooshka ().

    • Oh I agree the zergs will still just zerg away even more that is just how the majority of the player base unfortunately prefers to operate. I believe I saw SBI write about some kind of alliance point sharing will all points earned by any guild would be split evenly between all guilds in the alliance. This setup would hopefully encourage some of the giant alliances to split some.
    • Let's see if we're all talking about the same.

      Territories lost T8, affecting all guilds equally. They are not lost, they were spread over 20 maps (with that the real loss is: all guilds now they need to search, collect and survive all the gank.)

      Season points were reduced in all territories, affecting all guilds equally.
      Mercia - 216
      Cumbria - 168
      Anglia - 120
      Royal - 96

      Normal GvGs serve to defend these points.



      Crystal GvGs
      With Crystal GvGs, a new gameplay is added, with item power soft capped at 1000IP. In this way, all players will be at the same level, thus making these GvGs more balanced. Which is perfect for the game

      These Crystal GvGs increase the base points of the territories, depending on the level of the towers, affecting all guilds equally.
      Mercia 190 / 240 / 290
      Cumbria 190 / 240 / 290
      Anglia 190 / 240 / 290
      Royal 190 / 240 / 290

      And once again this increase is the same for all towers, to make this new system more balanced, as the fights are not related to the map where the towers are, but in an "independent kingdom", affecting all guilds equally.

      That is, we now have two different situations to make GvGs. But that does not mean that they are the same things or that they should be fought the same way.
      Many are pointing out that Crystal GvGs are not profitable, comparing Crystal GvGs with Standard GvGs. But the situation should be evaluated by each guild, because each one will define what you want to use in this Crystal GvGs. If you want to spend a lot, it's up to you since this situation is affecting all guilds equally.

      So stop complaining about a situation that affects everyone in the same way. If it gets expensive, take it cheaper. If there are many GvGs to have daily, drop some territories until you get the right number.


      ..
      ..