A Brief Guide to Crystal Realm Battles

    • H4n1baL wrote:

      @Eternalhaze

      If you take a look at any time zone map, for example timeanddate.com/time/map/ and assume prime time is around 8 pm (That equals -9 to -14 hours from UTC).
      Then you will see that 5-10 am UTC is actually primetime for not much more than the pacific ocean and the islands in it. Sure there's some parts with a higher population in these vague areas, but it's far less than what you're describing as "tons of people".

      - Lino
      You're missing the point.

      Maybe it's not considered "prime-time" for those five hours for many places, but for many people those five hours are the best slot they have to play and there's nothing to do. The population winds down after 5 UTC because there's no end game content, not because there isn't people online. For those who can only play during these five hours I feel really bad for, because they essentially don't get to experience the fun in the game when there's no end game content.
    • Well, the nerfs for territories are big, maybe even huge.
      I would rather say that these changes will only make GvG's even less accessible for players, and only Crystal GvG's will be the way to go.
      No T8 on terris reduces budget for GvG teams.
      Less energy reduces budget for GvG teams.
      Mages are killed loads of times during the day, which reduces budget for GvG teams.

      All of above is/will result in less GvG's, because it is not worth for guild to found new teams right now, and after the patch it will be even worse.
      Crystal GvG's is cool feature, but it will make NaPs over all continents even more possible and "rewarding", which is really bad.
    • guess ill post it here, does anyone else think its kinda silly tha the reward from crystal gvg involes 27~33 10k fame tomes to each player of the winning team

      so the gvg team already proves they are better by winning but the team as a whole ends up getting 1.3 mill fame on the opp team if they were to face eachother again yes I know its soft capped and all but I mean giving somone that much fame tomes to power up there char after already showing they are the stronger team is just kinda of lol imo
    • Funstealer wrote:

      guess ill post it here, does anyone else think its kinda silly tha the reward from crystal gvg involes 27~33 10k fame tomes to each player of the winning team

      so the gvg team already proves they are better by winning but the team as a whole ends up getting 1.3 mill fame on the opp team if they were to face eachother again yes I know its soft capped and all but I mean giving somone that much fame tomes to power up there char after already showing they are the stronger team is just kinda of lol imo
      Wow that's kinda big really. That's a hell of a buff to territory owning guilds.
    • Funstealer wrote:

      guess ill post it here, does anyone else think its kinda silly tha the reward from crystal gvg involes 27~33 10k fame tomes to each player of the winning team

      so the gvg team already proves they are better by winning but the team as a whole ends up getting 1.3 mill fame on the opp team if they were to face eachother again yes I know its soft capped and all but I mean giving somone that much fame tomes to power up there char after already showing they are the stronger team is just kinda of lol imo
      I agree why reward with tomes to the winners? They are most likely really high specc already and giving them more fame to stack up over time to adjust to a new meta that someone has been working on feels like a way to cater to the current meta and not give proper chances for people who come up with something new to dominate for a while.
    • letwolf wrote:

      in reality 5000 xp is just 5 solo t7 mobs, you can farm them in 2 minutes max, so impact of journeyman tomes is minimal in any case
      Difference is that you can keep the tomes, and stack em up until you find the new meta. So lets for arguments sake say that the current meta sticks around for 90 days -> You crystal GvG every day and earn 4x10k fame tomes on average per day which makes you a total of 360 tomes -> 3.6m fame that you can instantly spend on something to specc it up. During this time you have also made about lets say 30 energy per crystal gvg because your team is very good. This means 2700 energy worth about 7000s each = 18.9m silver which translates to 164 normal tomes (115k each on average) = another 1,64m fame. We are now at a total of 5.24m fame.There is more! You also get silver and other rewards but I think this explains my point -> It gives the best player an even larger chance to be able to instantly specc up the new meta without respeccing their last one. Especially since meta changes normally only change weapon for your role but the helms/armors/boots stay the same.

      Seems like a bad idea and needs to be looked at again.
    • Akuti wrote:

      letwolf wrote:

      in reality 5000 xp is just 5 solo t7 mobs, you can farm them in 2 minutes max, so impact of journeyman tomes is minimal in any case
      Difference is that you can keep the tomes, and stack em up until you find the new meta. So lets for arguments sake say that the current meta sticks around for 90 days -> You crystal GvG every day and earn 4x10k fame tomes on average per day which makes you a total of 360 tomes -> 3.6m fame that you can instantly spend on something to specc it up. During this time you have also made about lets say 30 energy per crystal gvg because your team is very good. This means 2700 energy worth about 7000s each = 18.9m silver which translates to 164 normal tomes (115k each on average) = another 1,64m fame. We are now at a total of 5.24m fame.There is more! You also get silver and other rewards but I think this explains my point -> It gives the best player an even larger chance to be able to instantly specc up the new meta without respeccing their last one. Especially since meta changes normally only change weapon for your role but the helms/armors/boots stay the same.
      Seems like a bad idea and needs to be looked at again.
      5mil fame isn't that much fame when you can get 200k to 400k an hour fame farming. Sometimes even higher. I like the fame they are giving and I bet most people won't save all of them, Maybe some but not all. also the soft cap helps with the fame thing because it will come down to best builds and play styles and team work.

      Also changing the NA time to 3UTC is a major bad idea as that's the same time as WC's.

      I do see a problem taking all T8 from the black zone terri's because this will hurt guilds in total in getting t8 for the guild because the guild will have a harder time getting members to donate .2 and .3 t8 because people wont want to give it up and the guild will have no way of keep track of the t8 since now they can't watch the t8 in there towers.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by Neef ().

    • It is in essense a anti guild patch, and it turns guild and alliance economy totally around.

      My view at this point is that crystal gvg rewards are to low (even tho it seems high), and that it is essentially a glorified hellgate once pr day.

      One challenge is that losing just one t4 relic artifact will cost more than you gain from winning the majority of fights.

      Season points dont matter, and in order to make this setup work then season - monthly rewards for guilds must simply explode. Then it makes sense to work on these things, but from a guild ecenony perspective this looks insanely bad.

      A gvg in anglia with 5 deaths essily cost 15 million for a guild. 15 million loss compared to 860.000 silver pr day for winning ?.
      Even in the best case scenarios you dont wanna fight for territories after day 10 of a reset as the territory wont rven break even in 16 days before its lost to a reset.

      Im sure we all will fnd ways around these things , but it seems to be made with a complte lackof understanding of guild economy.

      It will be interesting tho, and i look forward to it - but if i wasnt in a guild that happened to be wealthy already i might as well throw in the towel because this is a financial disaster for any guild involved in gvgs.

      Gvg wars will be dumber than ever to engsge in as both sides always loses, and with a monthly reset only idiots or very angry ppl will attsck anywhere.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Sinatra.SUN ().

    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      One challenge is that losing just one t4 relic artifact will cost more than you gain from winning the majority of fights.
      Isn't this the main turn on with Albion?
      Resource warfare?
      Risk vs Reward?
      Starving the enemy?
      Even if you cannot beat your opponent 5v5 if you are losing 6.1 and they are losing t4 relics are you really losing that much compared to them?
      This is what separates Albion from MOBA's...
    • Wadefu wrote:

      Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      One challenge is that losing just one t4 relic artifact will cost more than you gain from winning the majority of fights.
      Isn't this the main turn on with Albion?Resource warfare?
      Risk vs Reward?
      Starving the enemy?
      Even if you cannot beat your opponent 5v5 if you are losing 6.1 and they are losing t4 relics are you really losing that much compared to them?
      This is what separates Albion from MOBA's...
      I guess you completely missed the point
    • Raithe wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      ...
      5mil fame isn't that much fame when you can get 200k to 400k an hour fame farming. Sometimes even higher
      ........
      I think 5 mil fame is a lot to most whom are not in a giant guild/alliance. Seems like this is part of the disparity between big guilds and the peons.
      big guild or not 5mil isn't a lot and if your saying that because im in a big guild it doesn't seem like a lot. You should be happy its that much so you can get some fame. it takes a lot of 5mils to get to level 100 and level 100 spec. and that's just one set this game really makes you need more then one type of weapon and in a lot of cases armor also depending on what your doing and meta changes.
    • Neef wrote:

      big guild or not 5mil isn't a lot and if your saying that because im in a big guild it doesn't seem like a lot. You should be happy its that much so you can get some fame. it takes a lot of 5mils to get to level 100 and level 100 spec. and that's just one set this game really makes you need more then one type of weapon and in a lot of cases armor also depending on what your doing and meta changes.
      200-300k fame per gvg is a lot, especially when you are lvling your alt because pve is dogshit, with LP it doesnt take "lots" at all.
      Now, leveling several weapons on one character is suicide