A Brief Guide to Crystal Realm Battles

• I'd like to request a change to the NA timeslot. 04 UTC is 11pm EST, which is already outside east coast NA primetime. Worse than that, and unless I'm mistaken, on EDT it'll be midnight.

On top of that, I think it is important to consider that some countries with relevant population in the game (e.g. Brazil) will be completely excluded. Although not the priority, and I understand that, it is still possible to set a time inside the NA primetime that would also include other countries. For that matter I suggest 02 UTC (good for east and west coast NA, good for other countries).

@Korn @PrintsKaspian @Jolder
      Youtube channel (GvGs, OW-PvP etc): youtube.com/c/Nietz
    • There are always going to be some people that a specific time slot doesn't work for. However, considering the dearth of GvG content after 4 UTC, this slot is perfect for West Coast North America and some of the Asia Pacific region. The people who are complaining are in time zones that already have a lot more options for 5s content.

If SBI continues to neglect these time zones, the playerbase in these regions will continue to lag behind other regions because end-game content is simply not available.

The post was edited 4 times, last by emutheblue ().

• Yikes. Now the zerg snowballing will bleed over to Royals as well. It is already ridiculous with these alliances bringing 80 people just for a RED zone war camp..you are forcing guilds to absorb or create their own zergs just to simply play the game. How about guild owning territory in black cannot own territory in red? Do you not want reasonable opportunity for new / small guilds to play this content?
    • Nietz wrote:

For that matter I suggest 02 UTC (good for east and west coast NA, good for other countries).
      2 utc really isnt that great for west coast. If you have a job you can't do them. As emu points out there's very very little content for west coast NA and the asia-pacific region. Again though this is an issue you will have regardless of what time you pick which is why so many people were saying to have 4 times instead of just 2.
    • Termination wrote:

What a joke, like really at this rate there is no point getting anything higher than t6 on a character. IP capping everything to the point that there is no point in even playing outside of the 2 times a day that these crystal realm gvgs are.

Really disgusts me that after having spent thousands upon thousands in this game it really is just going down hill with these decisions.
      There's still a point to have high specs, you can run 6.0 instead of 8.0 to hit the IP soft cap. And even if you go above it, you still get a noticeable benefit from the extra IP. Every 50IP translates to about 4.5% extra damage, if your whole team is doing 4.5% more damage than the team you're facing, it's a significant advantage.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Desriel wrote:

Nietz wrote:

For that matter I suggest 02 UTC (good for east and west coast NA, good for other countries).
      2 utc really isnt that great for west coast. If you have a job you can't do them. As emu points out there's very very little content for west coast NA and the asia-pacific region. Again though this is an issue you will have regardless of what time you pick which is why so many people were saying to have 4 times instead of just 2.
      2 utc is still 6pm for the west coast that would be a fine time in the evening
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Termination wrote:

What a joke, like really at this rate there is no point getting anything higher than t6 on a character. IP capping everything to the point that there is no point in even playing outside of the 2 times a day that these crystal realm gvgs are.

Really disgusts me that after having spent thousands upon thousands in this game it really is just going down hill with these decisions.
      There's still a point to have high specs, you can run 6.0 instead of 8.0 to hit the IP soft cap. And even if you go above it, you still get a noticeable benefit from the extra IP. Every 50IP translates to about 4.5% extra damage, if your whole team is doing 4.5% more damage than the team you're facing, it's a significant advantage.
      Sure there may be a point. But there is so many caps of most activities. Hellgates are capped, Royal Zone GvG's are capped, Arena's are capped. I am more frustrated with the considering push to keep capping things. Whats the point of getting high tier gear when there is such a steep curve that makes it not profitable.
    • Most people working west coast won't be able to do 6 pm funstealer. They should really just have more times though as no matter what time is picked it will cause issues. 3 UTC would have been a good compromise but I can understand not wanting to be at the same time as warcamps.

It is a bit odd though that there's really very very little content existing during west coast prime time, and zero content for asia-pacific prime time. As a global server that really should be addressed somehow.
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Black zone open world and GvGs are uncapped. These are end game pvp for end game players. Putting IP caps on things like crystal GvGs and hellgates make those parts of the game more accessible to newer players, which IMO, is good for the long term health of the game.
      True grim, although I would argue that 1000 is a bit low, 1200 would be a better place to start the cap if you're looking for emulating the actual feel of GvGs to give players an introduction to them as at hellgate IP levels the style of combat is drastically different and you get a lot of the cheesy one shot builds.
    • Wadefu wrote:

DuendeBrek wrote:

Please. Include. 2 times. For. Each EU and NA.

~most problems solved
      Don't do this shit please.
      Put it on a rotating schedule.

1 UTC - Monday
      2 UTC - Tuesday
      3 UTC - Wednesday
      4 UTC - Thursday
      5 UTC - Friday
      1 UTC - Saturday
      2 UTC - Sunday
      3 UTC - Monday

etc etc - You satisfy everyone and then people are not obligated to come every single day.

with tower lvls this is a terrible idea
    • Wadefu wrote:

DuendeBrek wrote:

Please. Include. 2 times. For. Each EU and NA.

~most problems solved
      Don't do this shit please.
      Put it on a rotating schedule.

1 UTC - Monday
      2 UTC - Tuesday
      3 UTC - Wednesday
      4 UTC - Thursday
      5 UTC - Friday
      1 UTC - Saturday
      2 UTC - Sunday
      3 UTC - Monday

etc etc - You satisfy everyone and then people are not obligated to come every single day.
      Actually I think 4 timers per day makes the most sense. We're already obligated to do them every single day if you want to get the full value out of owning a territory. As it stands now, many territories will not be entered into the crystal realm GvGs because of the timers occurring only at two times, and 0400 UTC is especially bad for most NA players and all of Brazil.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254