great nerf to monthly challenge

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• great nerf to monthly challenge

its 600k challenge points from 200k...

3x the nerf...

good job to all the whiners who said its too "easy".

Goodbye my guild as I'll be playing on alts 3x as much trying to unlock this...

GG

EDIT: nvm, looks like farming is now included though... so this might end up being even better, or not as bad...

"Starting this month, Fame earned through farming now gives Challenge Points as well! Now you can earn points through PvE, gathering, fishing, and farming as you work toward weekly and monthly rewards."

EDIT:

The fame actually as been readjusted and is better/faster/easier due to farming. So no, there was no nerf as I initialy thought, should have done some testing before I posted...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Captainrussia ()

• Kinda sucks that they only added farming in to this while increasing the needed points.
      As for someone that does not use farms at all, but does a lot of crafting I get nothing from it.

And my alt has no farms either, so i'll be forced to pve it all out on 2 characters, and with limited time I might not even be able to reach it on my alt, (without sacrificing other enjoyable parts of the game with my main)

Getting credits from farms will only make it easier for all the people with tons of islands and alts that nurture these.

Edit:

Nwm, bonus has been incrased, so shouldnt take that much longer

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fujira ()

• tabooshka schrieb:

they also increased daily bonus points
      Indeed.

It used to be that you needed to collect 200.000 challenge points to complete the challenge. Each day you could gain a bonus of 10.000 CP if you got 2.000 CP on your own. In other words, you needed to complete the daily challenge 17 times.

Now it takes 600.000 CP to finish the challenge. But you only need to get 1.500 CP on your own in order to get the daily bonus, which has been increased to 50.000. So now you only need to get the daily bonus 12 times.

Captainrussia schrieb:

Goodbye my guild as I'll be playing on alts 3x as much trying to unlock this...
      The system now awards regular daily activity, instead of incentivizing you to just grind for a few hours.

• Elsa schrieb:

Indeed.

It used to be that you needed to collect 200.000 challenge points to complete the challenge. Each day you could gain a bonus of 10.000 CP if you got 2.000 CP on your own. In other words, you needed to complete the daily challenge 17 times.

Now it takes 600.000 CP to finish the challenge. But you only need to get 1.500 CP on your own in order to get the daily bonus, which has been increased to 50.000. So now you only need to get the daily bonus 12 times.
      except the formulas got nerfed (as they call it "scaled out") to where a t5 tree used to give 27 per non-bonused chop and it now gives 8.

So I need to spend 3x more time (15 min before, and 45min now) to get 1500 pts to get dailybonus of 50,000

I don't know Im timing it right now, but it feels like now i need to grind more per day to get the rewards?

EDIT: I gotta wait and check farming though...

EDIT2: took 20min on a t5 gatherer to get 1.5k pts for the 50k bonus. I guess its not too bad.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Captainrussia ()

• Elsa schrieb:

Are the devs spying on my daily activity :D Lol, I think I am just an average casual these days. That 2000 points was just a little big for short casual game session (I had to pick up gathering again to reach 2000 daily, I hate gathering!). I think this is a good change.

And addition of farming? I am curious if just harvesting my 3 islands and doing a solo expedition brings me to the 1500 points...

And wooot!, Call that pest lizard what you want, for me it is a freaking dragon. Please add wings :whistling:
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Trial Keys on Request!
    • tabooshka schrieb:

dunno how you can complain, you need to do 3 daily bonuses in a week, literally play the game
      9 daily bonuses in a week, 2 on crappy t5 alts...

but as I stated in a post above, on the alts - the time went from about 10-15 min to 20min for the daily bonus, so its not that bad, and I haven't had the chance to check farming yet.

Its not so much "complaining" as counter-complaining. Remember the changes were made - because people "complained" that the challenge was too easy (on their main)... but the alts are getting affected of course.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

tabooshka schrieb:

dunno how you can complain, you need to do 3 daily bonuses in a week, literally play the game
      9 daily bonuses in a week, 2 on crappy t5 alts...
      but as I stated in a post above, on the alts - the time went from about 10-15 min to 20min for the daily bonus, so its not that bad, and I haven't had the chance to check farming yet.

Its not so much "complaining" as counter-complaining. Remember the changes were made - because people "complained" that the challenge was too easy (on their main)... but the alts are getting affected of course.
      You don't have to do it on all 3. That's your personal choice.

But as you've now noted, it's actually not that bad. I gathered wood for 5 minutes (T5/T4) and made around 400 points. It's still very achievable.
    • Bubbagrim schrieb:

5.2 Node went from 200+ Challenge points to 18 challenge points...why such a HUGE swing to the Nerfing hammer? Some of us have lives we can't play 4-6 hours a day. Just when I was getting excited again.. :(
      Come on man read the thread. The massively boosted the daily bonus, and lowered how many points you need to get it. Assuming you can play for 20-30 minutes most days, you're fine.

This is a great change, strongly encourages rewards regular play. The last one people were gathering on alts to get the full challenge in a few hours total.