Poison effect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Poison effect

@Retroman

Can you please explain this - All Poison Potions
      • Does not trigger effects that are activated by damage dealt. (doesn't trigger Bloodlust healing for instance)

If i understood correctly,
      1.-poison potion would not cancel invisibility on assassin jacket and on mercenary shoes
      2.-poison potion would not trigger cleric robe immunity (everlasting spirit)
      3.-poison potion would not trigger soldier armor (fury buff)
      4.-poison potion would not trigger Royal hood (growing rage)
      5.-poison potion would not trigger new Mage robe spell (purge)
      6.-poison potion would not trigger Cartwheel buff on all Quarterstaffs
      7.-poison potion would not trigger Mana regen from Schoolar cowl - Energy shield
      8.-poison potion would not trigger Healing from Great nature staff - Living armor
      9.-poison potion would not cancel invisibility from Ghost Strike - Death givers

I hope i did not forget anything. Please give us detailed explanation. :|
      Youtube/Equart
    • owensssss wrote:

Damage dealt is not damage received.
      And if enemy use any reflect spell, will poison damage activate spells above or not. I mean ,will it be separate type of dmg(as we all know reflected damage is always magic type) Or not. Got too much questions=( Better to test it sooner as it possible.

@owensssss And what if you are right , but it will work as i type higher. Should i report about it as a bug on forum , or not. I think would be nice if we would have detailed explanation for such new mechanic.
      Youtube/Equart

The post was edited 2 times, last by Equartus ().

• Raithe wrote:

wont this just force the use of mage cowls in the world? Seems like it just changes the cheese meta.
      Yes it will, and this is good change as i said before. But my main question in this thread and fear, is about other spells and its interaction with poison potion. Will this new rule work for both sides(enemy and you), and is there any exceptions in this new mechanic. I think we need more details :(
      Youtube/Equart
    • Hey, we are still testing the exact implementation and might adjust details of this change.

But currently Poison Potions are not triggering any of the effects on your list.

Equartus wrote:

1.-poison potion would not cancel invisibility on assassin jacket and on mercenary shoes
      7.-poison potion would not trigger Mana regen from Schoolar cowl - Energy shield
      8.-poison potion would not trigger Healing from Great nature staff - Living armor

• Retroman wrote:

Hey, we are still testing the exact implementation and might adjust details of this change.

But currently Poison Potions are not triggering any of the effects on your list.

Equartus wrote:

if we can finally throw a poison pot and go invis without breaking the invis - this would be a huge fix IMHO... most invis items were very limited in PVP, unless you gave up all DOT abilities including any use of poison pots, which I found to be discouraging...

It would be an interesting change...
    • Tabor wrote:

I am fine if people swap to mage cowl for merc combo that is a legitimate armor/spell combo. They would also be giving up some defensive or other option in doing so making them easier to kill.
      I've been running mage cowl since the early days actually... it used to be #1 helmet back when the game came out, and then meta started to change and people started using other items (Hunter hood, etc...)

Im old school :P
    • I don’t understand why poison tics won’t proc fury... that doesn’t rly make sense

Retroman wrote:

Hey, we are still testing the exact implementation and might adjust details of this change.

Equartus wrote:

If someone throws a poison on me, I should be able to use those damaging tics to build up fury stacks.

If I’m the target of a poison potion, it’s ridiculous that We won’t have the ability to turn the poison in our favor. It makes poisons even less situational

The post was edited 1 time, last by owensssss ().

• Ofc. That’s not up yet. im using what he said and bringing up the issues ahead of time

Ya know? Feedback? So that SBI doesn’t do their classic, “massive glaring issue we never even considered” ala Battlemounts, Ala halberds, ala season point mage buff, ala chokepoints, ala every update
    • @RetromanThis is wack. interesting.
      @Equartus, respectfully, right out of the gate we have two conflicting scenarios.

Equartus wrote:

1.-poison potion would not cancel invisibility on assassin jacket and on mercenary shoes (DAMAGE GIVEN)
      3.-poison potion would not trigger soldier armor (fury buff) (DAMAGE TAKEN)

If the intent is to not proc damage given abilities, then merc's bloodlust would not heal on poison ticks, and you would get pulled from assassin invis - I don't know how to feel about merc jacket, but I do think that an assassin should be able to poison and invis without being immediately revealed on next tick.

Soldier relies on damage taken, and removing the ability to proc stacks on a poison is not consistent with the mechanic itself.

I'd recommend we change the tool tip for Soldier if it gets implemented.

"Stack 7% damage and CC whenever you take damage, except for poison pots, which you will get beaned with non-stop since there is no consequence for rotting a PLATE SOLDIER w/ TRUE DAMAGE

Also for you scholar/soldier/x axe users go ahead and KYS since a warbow w/ a T6 poison can turn you into a frustrated pile of salty goo easier than before.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MEATCUP ().

• I think DMG should be split into "given" and "received".

So like abilities that trigger on DMG given (invis canceling) would not trigger, same for bloodlust - it will not trigger.

But on DMG received (retaliate or reflect) and soldier armor and other things like Cleric Robe Invuln - should still trigger... or is that too crazy to code?

@Retroman
    • If poison potions don't tick the defensive ability buffs then this is a huge, OP buff for poison potions. And it doesn't make sense. It should not be this way. Defensive buffs should be boosted with each poison tick.

Why in the hell would you make poison potions, the most thrown objects, an exception to the physics of the game for most armored abilities???
    • @MEATCUP

Does not trigger effects that are activated by damage dealt.

You are partially true. But with one remark, there is no information , should this new rule work for both sides , only for attacker , or only for yourself. In that case , it doesn't matter taken or given.Just a look through the prism. ;) That's why i panicked and was confused , because description was limited. But as we all know, Retro gave an answer. So let's just wait final outcome of this new mechanic.
      Youtube/Equart