[Survey] What motivates you to keep playing Albion?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BriarMoss wrote:

Grimhawke-EB wrote:

This is false and misleading - people may not have defended castles previously, but if they didn't it was because they didn't care enough to defend them. There is plenty of time to react to a castle ping, from the time the first door is knocked down it's a minimum of 30 minutes before the castle lord is spawned.
      False, it takes 2 people less than 5 minutes to break down a door, kill the guards, and vanish into the night. This was a common tactic which lead to it not being viable to mass up for every castle ping. By the time most guilds get a scout out to a castle and verify that its under attack by a group you're looking at 15~25 minutes to mass for castle defense which is very short notice to bring up any sizable zerg. This means that either small groups take your castle guerrilla warfare style and there aren't fights or a big zerg rolls up on your castle and you will not have adequate time to mass to fight them so there will also be no fight.
      If you want to control a castle you should be active in the zone. Just paraphrasing what people have said to territory owners when discussing the whole mage raiding issue.

If two noobs with demo hammers want to troll, that's their perogative and it's not different for territory owners who get pings at all hours except that two people can actually kill mages and take 12 hours worth of siphoned energy generation from you in less than 5 minutes. What you're asking for already exists in the fact that if a group actually wants to take a castle, they have to commit for at least 30 minutes.

Even if a group brings 10-20 with the intent to actually capture a castle - there's no reason they can't bail on the objective. Running away from a disadvantageous fight to live and fight another battle is a valid tactic.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• BriarMoss wrote:

False, it takes 2 people less than 5 minutes to break down a door, kill the guards, and vanish into the night
      This was an argument over towers the past few months. I argue that it is good to make towers a source of content and I argue it is good to make castles a source of content. Castles have mechanics that allow defenders plenty of time to defend and it is similar for towers now. Both can provide content. We just lose the opportunity for small groups to contest castles now.

Anyway I do not see us losing timers for tower gvg nor do I see us losing timers for castles at this point, so its a moot point. But it would be interesting to see a system more like faction outposts on the test server for castles and towers both. It would give smaller guilds a chance to compete briefly at these objectives and it would limit the power creep of the major alliances in their respective fields.
    • 3 reasons:

1. There really is no alternative to this game that is anywhere close to something I can play for more than 5 mins without getting supremely bored. The over head view, persistent open world, and persistent character progression that is not limited in focus (so my char can evolve over time - one char with multiple play-styles possible). Stuff like that is what makes it stand out to me amongst others.

2. Player driven content. This is just amazing to me. Currently I only see this as being a half-true statement about AO however. PvP and economically speaking (gather/craft/money trade) sure its player driven. Nothing happens without ppl. Such an interesting premise.

3. Hope for a revival of progression that matters. Currently you could play this game for months, years, weeks....it doesn't really matter. Progression is crap. You can gank t7 sets off ppl with t4 flat claws/bloodletter. Massive amounts of fame are available by running HCE repeatedly or working with large groups that alleviate risk allowing for huge fame farms if part of a group that has access. At the same time groups/individuals that have access to the lower end of the spectrum would have to work for a VERY long time to hope to compete with this using the current avenues of fame/silver (ow mobs/dungeons). Access to pvp areas is unreliable fame/silver in small groups/solo as it is easily interrupted making it a chunky progression. With numbers you can smooth it out, accelerate the pace, and augment the fame gain to amazing speeds. You of course could just spend real money too and tome it up if you can afford such. No longer does actually playing the game and farming up yer gear on appropriate tiers of mobs, working towards a more powerful char, etc....matter in the slightest. Which is just not as fun long term. Hoping it comes back.
    • Do you noe wut is the worst part of Albion?
      Worst-worst of all? Really disgusting?
      It is HORSE-RIDING process!!!
      Soooo long !! Soo boring!! Not even here function of auto-follow the leader's horse, to use this time for making a cup of tea, for example. No! Only manual RIDING ! With mouse! Many hours of just RIDING on horse!
      You can fight for 5 minutes or 5 seconds, but you must RIDE half an hour before it happens!

Where the portals? Teleportation? That's the way the medieval technology works !
    • letwolf wrote:

Do you noe wut is the worst part of Albion?
      Soooo long !! Soo boring!! Not even here function of auto-follow the leader's horse, to use this time for making a cup of tea, for example. No! Only manual RIDING ! With mouse! Many hours of just RIDING on horse!
      You can fight for 5 minutes or 5 seconds, but you must RIDE half an hour before it happens!

Where the portals? Teleportation? That's the way the medieval technology works !
      I have to disagree here.

Actually spending time to travel to locations is a positive factor in MMORPGs. It's semi-realistic. If anything, they should REMOVE instant fast-travels between royal cities and ESPECIALLY caerleon.
    • Theat wrote:

If anything, they should REMOVE instant fast-travels between royal cities and ESPECIALLY caerleon.
      Remove, or change from instant fast-travel to have a delay that is roughly same as the time that it would take to travel there by a horse though safe zones (in outer cities). A carriage system? Possibly a small fee so manual transportation would always be more economical. It would be ok to log out and after 10-20 minutes you would be in Thetford instead of Bridgewatch.

In BZ this is slightly different, of course. I am not talking about that.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ravenar ().

• Theat wrote:

letwolf wrote:

Do you noe wut is the worst part of Albion?

I have to disagree here.
      Actually spending time to travel to locations is a positive factor in MMORPGs. It's semi-realistic. If anything, they should REMOVE instant fast-travels between royal cities and ESPECIALLY caerleon.
      Right on there. I really miss when fast travel was naked only. It was the only time in AOs history when we actually had local economies and real merchant playstyles.

Everywhere had it's own set of prices. You could scout them easy naked travelling. You actually had to keep sets and supplies locally boosting economies in popular towns.

AND

Since we had lots of towns the more anti social types had not so busy places to live. Those willing to actually ride could make good money transporting.

But AO was not a MOBA then. Actually MOBA was a negative word on the forum ATM. Now it's usually positive and every the game is for the attention deficit.

Fast travel breaks the OW and turns it into an arena. Bah.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raithe ().

• I used to play a game called DragonRaja from 2003 till around 2010 but that game didn't age so well.
      So once i quit DR I start to look for something similar and Albion its more simple but its polished and is getting better every patch.
      I tried to invite my friends to play but many had no interest so I start to make new friends and have fun around.
      Nowdays Albion fulfill the gap left from DragonRaja.

I like the concepts of player craft items , the variety of weapons and skills sets, the"you are what you wear concept".

What i miss here is multi layers dungeon (solo or group) where you have right time to get in ,and elaborated quest to even have the key for that dungeon.

Albion is like a love and hate situation game that can bring you a lot of joy if you are on the right side of the fence.

'Spin to win'