[Survey] What motivates you to keep playing Albion?

• Lemonz wrote:

EnErgEstER wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

EnErgEstER wrote:

If there was more actual open world objectives and reasons to fight over something. Then armies would show. The vast majority of players are open world players.
      I've been advocating for this too as the open world seems pretty stale, but my argument has been for things that small groups can compete over - and not just repetitive stuff like faction warfare.

EnErgEstER wrote:

There is little reason for players to show for anything besides castles.
      I gotta disagree there, but I guess it comes down to perspective. Maybe it's all there is for large scale zvz, but in my opinion that's plenty with six castles. You make your own content in this game for the most part and there's plenty to do outside of zvz.

EnErgEstER wrote:

I do wish there was a cap or even no alliances at all. This way there would be more fighting in this war game.
      Agreed. Alliances have always been a topic of discussion and it's never been more pertinent to the game than it is now.
      Yes it is very stale, its dying. Yes thats fine to have small group stuff but there has to be meaningful rewarding objectives in the open world for all scales. Yes faction warfare is repetitive and died in about 1 week. I had 200 kills in the first few days playing it. There was huge battles outside of the royal cities. Now faction warfare is reduced to a troll trying to disturb a cape/moa farming party after a few hours of ffing the faction bosses. I hope the black zone warfare things that give buffs will be much more popular.Castles have the weekly chests and i guess season points and energy daily if you do one. but hardly anyone tries to contest them. Even though apparently they did today. I would probably buff world boss rewards to go along with the world chest buff. Possibly add a sorta inis mon for blackzone. Yes people in my guild makes its own content and that is the nature of zvz. An entire play style and meta created around it. When there is no need for people to defend or attack war camps thats two huge objective losses and were a staple in this game until a few months ago when it died out. Battles use to happen almost everyday at these. Now nothing. Most of the game is in one alliance or that alliance's vassal. Combining the warcamps also reduced that content. You can only show up, trying to make your own content for so many hours per day before you go back to town to log out. Sure you find some once in awhile but If there was more objectives to contest then you can go for a good chance at a fight. If the other side doesnt want to come out to play then no one gets to play. There isnt plenty to do imo. If you are not trying to find a fight you can what? gank, gather, ff. I guess you could hellgate. Nothing else appeals to me for long. These are things id do once in awhile when its stale or dead. What else is there in a open world full loot pvp game? crafting? HCE? faction warfare? I guess arena and scrim? Doesnt seem like much.

Yes alliances are way to large and make the game stagnant.

Elenol my fix isnt easily quenched unless there is at least one good fight per day. I dont mind if its a whole bunch of kills/assists or skirmishes added up. Thats fine. But I want to fight for many hours per day. Not playing horse simulator for most of it.

Well tomorrow should be fun at least but it will mostly be reduced to terri killing groups, especially NA.Hopefully a few good battles are to be had.
      I think you are covering some very interesting items here. Below are some ideas on how to quench your PvP thirst if you live in the BZ instead of Carebareleon.

Warcamp content occurs when a entity decide to attack and contest the blackzone. A group actively defending sends a zerg to protect it, some send 1-5 people. Once a warcamp has been launched from you have the gear run being factored. Ganking and ZvZ occurs around both stopping the GvG from hauling gear and ganking the winning team for profit.

Assuming you take the territory you can then defend the territory on top of the above content for more fights daily.

Your choice in play-style to do 'big' ZvZ and not own territory is part of the reason you see so few fights. My playstyle has me engaging in PvP ALL night during the NA timezone 22-03:00 Tz in the open world. I choose a night or two do to Skirmish and practice skirmish and take a break from riding around. I never see horse simulator because of the number of enemy always running around trying to engage in content in the BZ.

There are enough ganks, I cant FameFarm some nights.

Alliance system or not, NAPS and agreements will always be a thing. If you want to fight every-night I would suggest getting a tower for the Crystal GvGs, these will be great for all of the above reasons and you will need multiple teams every-night to keep progress going. Each tower is 1 team, that means your needed teams and players grow very fast.
      Its not just pvp thirst, its thirst for loot, so scrims wont really work. its the risk and reward. It gets the adrenaline going at times when you almost die.

No for my alliance the content occurs when someone decides to actually defend the warcamp. You must pay to send the attack and then you need a gvg team that will fight on that time for not just the next day, but the days following. Im talking about mercia btw. You are sending an attack to an A team. Most people couldnt beat cargera so they joined poe so they wouldnt have to fight him. There is very very few teams who can beat poe teams successfully. So there is little reason to send an attack very often. Even less of a reason to send a defense. The gear run is usually pretty easy to do. Sometimes its ganked, gankers have to be on wolves, the gear run is usually not made around the gvg time. There isnt zvz's for stopping gear except for retells and that was usually already planned for by the gvgers, since they moved sets many hours before. Yes ganking the teams works and can be profitable. Last night both teams were killed in goe by us. I looted 6.3 bearpaws and 8.2 stalker helm. donated to my guild. Thats not a zvz either. Thats just ganking on a larger scale. People are running not fighting.

Its not that easy to take a territory and they often last a day or two before being retaken. My guilds territory would hardly be fucked with or whoever did they would be dead tbh. There wouldnt be fights daily. Its very unrealistic goal for most guilds to take and hold a terri. I want more then a gvg for a reason to zvz.

I often do small scale 10v10 and 20v20 are small scale imo. Finding anything below 10 people they will often instantly run. I get lots of kills/assists and my 110 mill kill fame from the open world shows that. But there is not enough reasons for people to fight instead of run or no show open world.

Where do you pvp all night? Anglia? Like if a group of my guild rolled up to this promise land you talk about there would be people running, not engaging. Corpses and crickets in no time. Scrims are ok when you are really really bored i guess, cant loot. Or if you want to gvg someday. People play unrealistically to how they would play in a gvg. Also they wear better gear then they normally would. Bringing several sets to change when needed. Its about as fun as a league match i guess. Not being able to loot is a turn off. Id think when most people look at this game they dont want to play because there is a 5v5 moba type mode where you can loot. They see the wars and battles with many players on the screen at once. The ganking in open world and want to try that.

Yes they would but at least you would face more people in gvg's and crystal gvg's. More open world fights where red is dead, more drama to occur, collateral damage in zvz, since they would be red. I really hope alliance face each other in crystal gvg. One alliance owns most of the world so ya. If its an established alliance with many many terris sure you could get into some crystal gvg's. If you get a show you can get your fight. It would be fun for a small playerbase of people who like scrims, hellgates and gvg's Thats not for everyone and the average player who wants pvp in the open world. If you are in a guild with only a few terris then the best gvgers would likely be sent from them, only so many slots, so many roles, Youd have to fit in certain metas. Already have famed a certain build. Ill try some someday, perhaps. If there is room. For 300 man guilds that are in alliances of potentially thousands not everyone gets to play. So thats why there is the other half of the game, zvz. Where the majority has to play. Where the rest of the plebs get pvp, the open world.

So Crystal gvg is cool and everything for that group of the player base which ik is much smaller. but waiting for the open world focused content that hopefully soon will be released and updated.
    • Barathorn wrote:

Piddle wrote:

The people that the developers are listening to love 5v5 instanced PvP and thats what you are going to get.
      I think we must be seeing very different things. Which in itself is interesting.
      You'd have to explain what you mean. Because you quoted something that I wrote, about what someone else wrote. Then made a vague obtuse statement with no context. Which I can respect. But, doesn't actually convey any meaning to me.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • EnErgEstER wrote:

If there was more actual open world objectives and reasons to fight over something.
      Yeah I definitely want this too, but you want more 20+v20+ whereas I would enjoy 10v10 max.

EnErgEstER wrote:

Castles have the weekly chests and i guess season points and energy daily if you do one. but hardly anyone tries to contest them.
      No one contests them because SQUAD has a dominant force and responds to every castle every day. I'm not in a large guild or alliance, and the only others who can contest don't enjoy fighting you for them. That's their choice not to fight and it seems to have worked out in your favor as BA is leading the season at number 1 by a large margin.

EnErgEstER wrote:

I would probably buff world boss rewards to go along with the world chest buff.
      Yes, a buff would be great - but on top of that I'd love to see an overhaul of the inside mobs in places like CV/BB/COB/NR. The inside of these areas aren't done often enough because of how dangerous it is, and less rewarding than it's outside counterparts. For instance an inside corner boss in CV is worth the same fame and loot as one outside boss, what is that? Put more open world resources on the inside like BB, put more chests and rare spawn bosses in CV and it's counterparts. There's plenty of things that could be done to entice more fights in the supposedly hardest pve zones.

EnErgEstER wrote:

If the other side doesnt want to come out to play then no one gets to play.
      I think that's by design. People don't want to zvz you just like you don't want to gvg Cargera. It's not forced and you're both rewarded for your choice in play-style.

EnErgEstER wrote:

Finding anything below 10 people they will often instantly run.
      I can often find fights as 10v10, but I can see how your tags might scare people away from fighting. Maybe the enemies you find have tried to fight you before and and got flanked by another of your groups and don't want to repeat that mistake. Maybe they know BA almost always rolls deep with big dick gear for open world who will re-gear within 5 minutes if they die and they don't think they will win so they pack up and try to leave with what they can. Maybe they know your inside and outside of CV, but there's 20+ Savage gankers surrounding the area so they can't even get to you to contest you. I don't know the reasoning, but I know the fact is that you've made a name for yourselves as "kings of open world pvp" from all the reddit and forum propaganda and it seems like you're asking for more large scale battles to win, but yet your leading in season points and most kill fame. I don't see top gvg teams complaining that there's no one to fight them, so I just don't feel remorse for you.
    • Piddle wrote:

Barathorn wrote:

Piddle wrote:

The people that the developers are listening to love 5v5 instanced PvP and thats what you are going to get.
      I think we must be seeing very different things. Which in itself is interesting.
      You'd have to explain what you mean. Because you quoted something that I wrote, about what someone else wrote. Then made a vague obtuse statement with no context. Which I can respect. But, doesn't actually convey any meaning to me.
      Sorry let me make myself clear. You think the developers are listening to people who love instanced 5v5 PvP. I think they are listening to everyone and if anything the changes of the last month or so heavily favour open world content. So what you are going to get and are getting from my perspective, is not what you are saying.

I am not really interested in which side is more important as I don't think that is a solid base point to build from. I would just like a balanced game where people can play how they want, do what they want, and be rewarded generally speaking, in equal terms.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • Theat wrote:

I'm max spec on my main build. I don't have to fame anymore. So I can just enjoy to log-on, pvp or zvz at will, hang out with a friend, dick around, do an arena, log out.

The game shines brightest when you are finished with the fame farm.

400/400 FTW
      I'm not 400/400 but I still play the same way. I spent the first few months of the game FF a build I don't even play anymore. Nowadays I get a few hundred thousand fame a week just killing roaming mobs in between PvP activities. Sure, I'm not 400/400 but I'm having more fun than before when I was hyper focused on FF.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Most of my friendslist of people I played with nearer to launch have since quit Albion. Seems like a chunk of squad is down to only logging into the game to ZvZ when CTAs are called. A large chunk of discord messages are players discussing potential alternatives to Albion and waiting to see if SBI can get their shit together before something new drags them away.
    • Albion is the only game with such great ZvZ battles and open world experience. However it is fully sandbox, so if there are no people playing it all day, its dead. I wish we had something to fight for everywhere on the map in the same time, so one army couldn't take it all, and the higher territory level the better rewards / more demanding enemy. This way nubz could fight on eastern anglia (but the reward would have to pay for their gear 2x/3x), so we actually have fights everywhere.

If there is no reward that will benefit group of players for showing up, and if this won't be happening everywhere in the same time, we will keep playing sandbox, which is with current population too - much - horse riding and tryharding. Game is fun for few types of players, but not enough to grow population again and get back those who were here because of open world.
    • I log in to play with friends, and have a laugh ganking OW, ZvZ and some fame farming. Currently in a competition with some friends to see who can master all 400/400 on all weapons and gear, Once we reach that point, I guess we will quit as there wont be much more to do than GvG, ZvZ and some gank. But plenty time till then, or a new release game takes the place
    • glokz wrote:

Albion is the only game with such great ZvZ battles and open world experience. However it is fully sandbox, so if there are no people playing it all day, its dead. I wish we had something to fight for everywhere on the map in the same time, so one army couldn't take it all, and the higher territory level the better rewards / more demanding enemy. This way nubz could fight on eastern anglia (but the reward would have to pay for their gear 2x/3x), so we actually have fights everywhere.
      If you made it so castles and towers could be contested all day and were frequently exchanging hands, this would limit the reach of many alliances. I do not see this happening. If you're suggesting pushing the daily timers to be even more restrictive, I do not like that for a lot of reasons. I think timers are largely how alliances have such power reach as it is. And there are enough players that are denied content in this game because of timers already.
    • Elenol wrote:

If you made it so castles and towers could be contested all day and were frequently exchanging hands, this would limit the reach of many alliances. I do not see this happening. If you're suggesting pushing the daily timers to be even more restrictive, I do not like that for a lot of reasons. I think timers are largely how alliances have such power reach as it is. And there are enough players that are denied content in this game because of timers already.
      There was a time when Castles were able to be contested all day. During this time there were much fewer fights over castles because by the time you realized that a group was committing to trying to take your castle and not just trolling the timer, it would be too late to mass up to defend your castle. They have to find a way to make it so once you start attacking a castle you have to commit somehow for a period of time long enough for the defender to mass up or it will just be a return to a small possibility of a weekly fight over castles for the loot with small groups ninja'ing the castles from each other with few to no fights in between.
    • BriarMoss wrote:

Elenol wrote:

There was a time when Castles were able to be contested all day. During this time there were much fewer fights over castles because by the time you realized that a group was committing to trying to take your castle and not just trolling the timer, it would be too late to mass up to defend your castle. They have to find a way to make it so once you start attacking a castle you have to commit somehow for a period of time long enough for the defender to mass up or it will just be a return to a small possibility of a weekly fight over castles for the loot with small groups ninja'ing the castles from each other with few to no fights in between.
      This is false and misleading - people may not have defended castles previously, but if they didn't it was because they didn't care enough to defend them. There is plenty of time to react to a castle ping, from the time the first door is knocked down it's a minimum of 30 minutes before the castle lord is spawned.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Grimhawke-EB wrote:

This is false and misleading - people may not have defended castles previously, but if they didn't it was because they didn't care enough to defend them. There is plenty of time to react to a castle ping, from the time the first door is knocked down it's a minimum of 30 minutes before the castle lord is spawned.
      False, it takes 2 people less than 5 minutes to break down a door, kill the guards, and vanish into the night. This was a common tactic which lead to it not being viable to mass up for every castle ping. By the time most guilds get a scout out to a castle and verify that its under attack by a group you're looking at 15~25 minutes to mass for castle defense which is very short notice to bring up any sizable zerg. This means that either small groups take your castle guerrilla warfare style and there aren't fights or a big zerg rolls up on your castle and you will not have adequate time to mass to fight them so there will also be no fight.