Got Kicked! Should we say goodbye to Season Rewards?!

• The threshold is obviously totally arbitrary (not openworld sandbox), it generates some issues so if for some reason you change guild during the season youy can't earn the rewards even if you are very active globablly during the period and both your guilds make a great score. Basically you are excluded during 3 months if you change guilds.

The main rewards should be based on cummulated time in guilds that earned.

So if you spend 40 days in a crystal guild then 40 days in another crystal guild you would get the crystal rhino. If you spend 40 days in a crystal guild and 40 days in a gold guild you'd get the gold rhino.

It could also be possible to lower the threshold for smaller tier.

On top of that, you could reward fidelity with some small bonus rewards.

@Asasin_201 Actuallly you can get the rhino if you save some money and buy it when it will be out. Or you could already negociate it with someone that will get it (in your new guild for exemple).
    • @Barloch

The tracking works per Guild, not globally. That means for example if you're in Guild A for 30 days, leave A to join B for 15 days, then leave B to join A again your tracked days for Guild A will be going up from 30. So there's no "reset to zero" at any point, it's just that for every other Guild in the game, your tracked days were 0 when you joined them.
      I hope that helped you understand the system?

- Lino
    • Just curious....

It seems like it might be more "fair" if the amount of influence you had on the guild points was saved with the character. If you are kicked or leave then half the points fol the char half stay with the guild. Give some benefit to retaining members and give the player some security for the effort spent.if you stay you stay....

I cannot see it being any more abusable than the current concept. It would be good if the guilds needed to consider retention as well.
    • I like @Raithe idea of adding some kind of system where there is a cost to guilds for booting members. One thing that would have to be considered when designing such a system though, is how some guilds shuffle out inactive players (1-2 weeks +) to move in currently active players. I know the community has been pro limiting guild/alliance sizes, but when limiting alliance/guild sizes, you are also limiting the ability of those guilds/alliances to be inclusive both to players with smaller playtime and new players. Currently one of the biggest struggles that I believe is hampering this games growth is the difficulty new players face trying to build themselves up and connect with a group of players to play with.
    • BriarMoss wrote:

I like @Raithe idea of adding some kind of system where there is a cost to guilds for booting members. One thing that would have to be considered when designing such a system though, is how some guilds shuffle out inactive players (1-2 weeks +) to move in currently active players. I know the community has been pro limiting guild/alliance sizes, but when limiting alliance/guild sizes, you are also limiting the ability of those guilds/alliances to be inclusive both to players with smaller playtime and new players. Currently one of the biggest struggles that I believe is hampering this games growth is the difficulty new players face trying to build themselves up and connect with a group of players to play with.
      Lloyd himself (sorry if we use our real names, rather than chat handles) being autistic has major difficulty connecting with players. More so than other players. So I understand the plight of the original poster, and the plight of new players.

I myself won't join a guild, simply because of this play time issue. I'd be kicked quickly because of real life, though it would be nice to play in these season's. I have no doubt it won't be possible for myself, for work reasons. And for Lloyd for his disability reasons.

I joined one guild explained It was late, and that when I got home from work the next day I'd work towards guild goals . Logged on the next day after work to be kicked.

We both agree guilds need to also be encouraged to keep players, as well as player incentives for following guild rules. It should be a two way street. Currently if you get kicked from original posters message , kicked players regardless of breaking the guild rules is punished quite severely. But this system can be abused as well.

Say Lloyd actually joined a guild , remained part of the Guild and participated and he also followed every rule. But because people dislike him due to his disability, a day before season ends or close to the end. They boot him so he can't get the reward, just because they felt like it. When in essence he followed all the rules!

The post was edited 1 time, last by syneti1 ().

• StarPower wrote:

Raithe wrote:

I almost choked to death laughing at "Finding out that you recruited someone you need to kick is punishment enough."..........seriously.

I mean what will you do when someone calls you a name? Or insults your mommy?
      You best not insult my mommy
      More of a commentary on the turnover I have seen in guilds.Its not abnormal or anything. It is simply zerg recruiting tactics in which there is very little risk when inflating numbers since you can just try it and not buy it with no consequence when it comes to your recruits. A little balance built into this seems like it would be a good idea. Not sure. I prefer small more tight knit guilds and its less of a problem. Inactivity is our biggest issue. Perhaps a system like I mentioned could account for some forms of inactivity such as those who stop logging in....after X time we could kick with no penalty and keep their points. Something to encourage guild responsibility to the members and not just the other way around.

Besides yer mom payed me extra to call her names.
    • You should choose carefully which guild you join. Then be useful in your guild. Yes right now there is little reason to not just recruit whoever. That way in a lot of guilds the members are expendable. Sure some guilds have high standards but most dont. If and when the entire alliances season points matter then alliances would cut some dead weight. So if you get into a fight with someone you are risking your season rewards. Get into a fight after 64 days i think it is. Maybe if your old guild is nice enough and you change your ways, they will let you join so you can get your rhino.

Those who say they dont have time for a guild, well thats why a more casual guild thats in iron or bronze season rank right now wouldnt have that strict of rules and you could explain your schedule. Id be trying to join a guild before the season end, or the very beginning of it at least. So if you get kicked you still have time to earn it in another guild. You get a rhino for iron right? Thats 1 season point. If its a rhino for bronze and above Thats only 200 season points. On a few hour mage raiding session you can get 1k season points. Its not hard to get a lower tier rhino. You just need to stick with your guild. Even if you work id make the effort to log in once a day or so, so you dont look as inactive as you really are. Guilds can track what you do so they can see whos pulling their weight. But if you hardly play at all you dont really deserve a good rhino imo. Its not free, its earned.

You pretty much join a royal guild first, get some fame. Or you can even skip that step. Then id go for a black zone guild thats in an established alliance. After you have done that awhile you are ready to move to the main guild of that alliance or somewhere better. In a good guild you matter, they dont want leaches. Leaches dont get free rhinos. But yet their is still terri and now rhino leaches

No I dont think you need to add anything to reward people for inactivity. You either play and be active and you get rewarded with bat this month or you dont. This season if you play and be active enough to not be booted by the guild you decided to join. Then you are rewarded with a rhino and more.

This system is also in place to prevent to much mercing that was going on with gvg's daily. you can still merc for many days a season but not everyday.
    • Also some guilds may actually be ok having busy ppl in the guild if they know that going in or it's just communicated (discord). Not all but if you were fun to play with and we know yer out for a bit we would not kick you for it.......if we didn't hear from you for a month we would....etc. Though bad guild experiences can be disheartening.

We would need to know and 1 day would not do it.