Crystal Realm Battles - Share Your Feedback

    • Which PoE members,

      Can you please describe a player profile and try to explain me, what's currently fun in the game for that particular profile ?

      I think the people you are talking about are not active in PvP. I haven't seen a video made by PoE members expressing their happiness in months now, even the small scale pvp groups...

      The only 'seemed-to-be-happy' group was H&S, but after some losses they stopped fighting for the world boss. The only enemy that seems to seek for fun are POWER members.
    • I don't really like to profile people.

      Our guys have a lot of fun raiding mages (even our own), gathering resources, making money, doing FW and PvPing in whatever format they enjoy. We don't really make videos about it because we're too busy having fun - another reason why you don't see many of us posting on the forums.

      Different people enjoy different things. If you enjoy running around looking for ZvZ that's your choice in the sandbox, if you're not finding fights maybe not enough population finds your playstyle entertaining. Maybe instead of trying to force everyone to play your way, you should try out some other ways of gameplay that more people enjoy. :D
    • I guess its time to go analytical about your argument boys.

      Claim #1 More profit from territories -> more people motivated to gvg / more guilds willing to spend money on GvG.

      The thing its simply not true. GvG was never as profitable as people make it seem to be. The profitable part is having territories, which is caused not only by GvG, but also by diplomacy, NAPS and most importantly uniting into 1 big alliance to unite borders. Every territory holder is either at war OR just drew distinct borders to his neighbours and stopped GvGing outside of those. Essentially that means that the value given by territories doesnt matter for people to GvG, since owners of territories dont GvG. If a diplomacy is better than GvG in producing income from territories (yes it 100% is), then increasing profit from territories would just decrease the amount of conflict on the map, cause every GvG would essentially mean risking existing territories, paying money for GvG, hiring GvGers. We are at a point where alot of guilds dont even have solid teams, while holding 8+ territories.

      Also about GvGers:

      We need remember that Guild Leaders dont have the same objective as GvGers. While a GM will generally want to generate as much value as possible, a GvG team will generally just want to play GvG every day, maybe multiple times a day, which created those mercs, who dont care who they play for OR against, since most GMs wont let their gvgers run loose and launch in every direction. So the value of Territories literally wont change anything for someone who just wants to play gvg, it will only make GMs want to hold more, which wont necessarily lead to GvG.

      Claim #2 Getting raided matters for the question of Crystal gvg mechanics

      Most of the season points / energy is placed into the Crystal realm gvg. As long as people participate in those, theres less harm in getting raided as before. Most of the value from territories is generated in the form of energy anyway.
    • Just one stupid question

      If nobody can't afford to overcharge 8.2 gear what would happen?

      IMO if territories will give less income or it will be distributed depending on players activity (regardless if you are owner/raider/you win crystal gvg), it will just lower the entry level. So you wont be able to fight every gvg in 8.2 and that's what Syndic is afraid of.

      Because hes not afraid of losing one gvg or losing one sets of 8.2 But he wont be able to defend his territories to match enemy's equipment. If you have 60 gvg's a day, you can't afford 8.2 OC for every defense action. But if you are a small ally, and you have 5 gvgs a day - maybe you can.

      IMO overcharging is huge issue for biggest allies to maitain control (if we nerf income). But that was intention of the developers. And IMO its a huge difficulty to control the world, maybe its actually more beneficial to stay smaller and maximize income/points output ?

      Guys just open some fking youtube video about alexander's empire and learn about their problems. Having wide borders WAS NEVER EASY and never lasted forever. This is AN ACTUAL FACT.


      Syndic wrote:

      I don't really like to profile people.

      Our guys have a lot of fun raiding mages (even our own), gathering resources, making money, doing FW and PvPing in whatever format they enjoy. We don't really make videos about it because we're too busy having fun - another reason why you don't see many of us posting on the forums.

      Different people enjoy different things. If you enjoy running around looking for ZvZ that's your choice in the sandbox, if you're not finding fights maybe not enough population finds your playstyle entertaining. Maybe instead of trying to force everyone to play your way, you should try out some other ways of gameplay that more people enjoy. :
      I will explain you one thing. Your people hate to mass up and ride the horse just to satisfy your/your shotcaller actions . They want to fight, especially if they have advantage, they want to die and understand why they lost, suggest your shotcaller what should be done. Because you have great players in your Ally (ive been fighting along their side for 3/4 months). Its not far from being an army, you just have really great enemies and without loses you won't learn how to play..

      They dont have much option to chose any other ally to be able to gather resources/travel across the continents in a safe way, so that's why they stay with you. I won't name players personally, but that's it.

      So they are unhappy with everything in regards of PvP, but they are happy that they can earn some silver and wait for better times (content updates). If that makes them happy... I have a different vision of being happy... I feel really pity for them, because in the end its not horse simulator or gathering simulator, its hardcore MMO with full loot pvp.. and everyone who haven't left yet is here for that particular reason..

      The post was edited 2 times, last by glokz ().

    • glokz wrote:

      Syndic wrote:

      I don't really like to profile people.

      Our guys have a lot of fun raiding mages (even our own), gathering resources, making money, doing FW and PvPing in whatever format they enjoy. We don't really make videos about it because we're too busy having fun - another reason why you don't see many of us posting on the forums.

      Different people enjoy different things. If you enjoy running around looking for ZvZ that's your choice in the sandbox, if you're not finding fights maybe not enough population finds your playstyle entertaining. Maybe instead of trying to force everyone to play your way, you should try out some other ways of gameplay that more people enjoy. :
      I will explain you one thing. Your people hate to mass up and ride the horse just to satisfy your/your shotcaller actions . They want to fight, especially if they have advantage, they want to die and understand why they lost, suggest your shotcaller what should be done. Because you have great players in your Ally (ive been fighting along their side for 3/4 months). Its not far from being an army, you just have really great enemies and without loses you won't learn how to play..
      They dont have much option to chose any other ally to be able to gather resources/travel across the continents in a safe way, so that's why they stay with you. I won't name players personally, but that's it.

      So they are unhappy with everything in regards of PvP, but they are happy that they can earn some silver and wait for better times (content updates). If that makes them happy... I have a different vision of being happy... I feel really pity for them, because in the end its not horse simulator or gathering simulator, its hardcore MMO with full loot pvp.. and everyone who haven't left yet is here for that particular reason..
      I'm sure there's a few players in POE who feel they way you describe, but I can say as a line member that the majority of us are happy with all of the salty tears we generate while making fortunes not only at the alliance/guild level, but also as individuals.

      Fact of the matter is, pound for pound, SQUAD has the most effective zerg in the game currently. POE can mass similar numbers, but on average we have players with less experience, less specs and lower tier gear. I'm not a shotcaller but if I were, I wouldn't go throwing gear away against a stronger zerg unless I had some overwhelming positional or numerical advantage which is usually not the case. Why incur losses and hits to morale to learn against SQUAD when we can get better at ZvZ fighting against easier opponents or at smaller scales? Just because SQUAD is having trouble finding content for their zerg, doesn't mean everyone else is.

      Those of us who have been playing hardcore, full loot, territorial control type MMOs know that in the grand scheme of things a single battle is insignificant. No one will remember what happened on Saturday October 20th, 2018 (edit: maybe Glokz will remember he wasted his sunday evening) but people will always remember that Cargera is the meta.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Grimhawke-EB ().

    • Syndic wrote:

      The game is very fun for POE members, we have a lot of fun together. We also strive to make sure our enemies have no fun, so it's good to hear that we're meeting our goals.
      Blue Army has never been more active than it is since the beginning of the season... I'm pretty sure you can understand that it's related to the fun people can get ;)

      Syndic wrote:

      We don't really make videos about it because we're too busy having fun - another reason why you don't see many of us posting on the forums.
      Oh some of you do some regular videos (not really flattering for POE btw). And for posts on the forum, since the last patch we are invaded with the same kind of posts with low reasoning (coming from POE members ofc), and of course all of your personnal complaints always pushing towards your interest only.


      Syndic wrote:

      If you enjoy running around looking for ZvZ that's your choice in the sandbox, if you're not finding fights maybe not enough population finds your playstyle entertaining. Maybe instead of trying to force everyone to play your way, you should try out some other ways of gameplay that more people enjoy.
      How can a player force another to play its way?
      You always have the choice, its a sandbox game after all.

      Oh I forgot to say: If we don't find any opponent while taking castles: we don't care, we just have fun in vocal and gain points since nobody is contesting them.
      I'd like to know how do POE members feel when they mass up just to run when another blob comes (or get naked undertower), gain no reward for it and just waste their time?

      PS: You still didn't really answer my question about your territory income. It would be great since it could help to know if territories actually deserve a nerf or not
    • Hi there,
      thanks so much for all of your feedback, it’s as always very appreciated!

      Time frame
      And as already mentioned, will change the time frame in the next version (right now we consider 19 and 4 UTC) but we’re quite flexible here.

      Yes, a territory with a regular fight in these time frames has to manage to have both teams ready at that point in time. But as already described, the crystal team will be able to join their match from everywhere in the cluster.

      Season Points
      Regarding the total balance of season points: We increased the potential maximum points by 12,5% but this is for the case of all crystal fights actually taking place. This is also why we were eager to get your feedback on this and why we will potentially make changes to the system in the future if we see the numbers don’t add up.

      Access
      This upcoming version is of course only the first step for Crystal Realm Battles and we hope to expand the scope of it also to more players. But at the same time we also don’t want to make GvG style fights mandatory for every player in the game.
      Including war camps as access points for Crystal Realm Battles is something we like as an idea but will not include in this first version.

      Nimue
      To clarify, these changes will come with the Nimue update.
    • glokz wrote:

      I will explain you one thing. Your people hate to mass up and ride the horse just to satisfy your/your shotcaller actions . They want to fight, especially if they have advantage, they want to die and understand why they lost, suggest your shotcaller what should be done. Because you have great players in your Ally (ive been fighting along their side for 3/4 months). Its not far from being an army, you just have really great enemies and without loses you won't learn how to play..


      They dont have much option to chose any other ally to be able to gather resources/travel across the continents in a safe way, so that's why they stay with you. I won't name players personally, but that's it.

      So they are unhappy with everything in regards of PvP, but they are happy that they can earn some silver and wait for better times (content updates). If that makes them happy... I have a different vision of being happy... I feel really pity for them, because in the end its not horse simulator or gathering simulator, its hardcore MMO with full loot pvp.. and everyone who haven't left yet is here for that particular reason..
      You're wrong. POE loves massing up. We just choose battles carefully. Last week, BA brought 3 battle-mounts and larger numbers to castles because they were taking losses in previous battles. We declined to fight at such a disadvantage. If you want to be sad about that then it's your prerogative. We do have an army, and our shot-callers often make the best decisions.

      It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
    • Desriel wrote:

      Arena has no rewards though and isn't competitive at all so pretty much nobody does it. This would have not only pretty good rewards but also start at specific times since people would queue on the hour and in a full group. Comparing it to arena is apples to oranges.
      Arena's allows the whole of Albion players to que crystal gvg cuts that maybe into a tenth of the population? Not to mention limited number of gvgs to go around... Opening this up to two times per region would be a disaster.
    • Theat wrote:

      glokz wrote:

      I will explain you one thing. Your people hate to mass up and ride the horse just to satisfy your/your shotcaller actions . They want to fight, especially if they have advantage, they want to die and understand why they lost, suggest your shotcaller what should be done. Because you have great players in your Ally (ive been fighting along their side for 3/4 months). Its not far from being an army, you just have really great enemies and without loses you won't learn how to play..


      They dont have much option to chose any other ally to be able to gather resources/travel across the continents in a safe way, so that's why they stay with you. I won't name players personally, but that's it.

      So they are unhappy with everything in regards of PvP, but they are happy that they can earn some silver and wait for better times (content updates). If that makes them happy... I have a different vision of being happy... I feel really pity for them, because in the end its not horse simulator or gathering simulator, its hardcore MMO with full loot pvp.. and everyone who haven't left yet is here for that particular reason..
      You're wrong. POE loves massing up. We just choose battles carefully. Last week, BA brought 3 battle-mounts and larger numbers to castles because they were taking losses in previous battles. We declined to fight at such a disadvantage. If you want to be sad about that then it's your prerogative. We do have an army, and our shot-callers often make the best decisions.
      It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
      You do huh. yeah im sure lol. You love massing to ride to castles only to go and suicide in your terri. Ya im sure you love riding away to town, leaving behind everyone on t5 horses to die. What careful battles? You have been hardly fighting. Thats fine that you declined, thanks for the castle loot, energy and season points when you do. Only newer members would be "sad" we are use to having to go out and find our fights. Taking less people or no alliance to get certain ones. By the look of our weekly kill value.(every week numba wan by far) Your army is mostly conscripts that dont want to be wasting their time. The rest dont want to be running. Your shot callers are pretty trash that get everyone killed all the time. So ya have fun right now cause you will be massing for nothing again. Thanks for the castles this morning and thanks for the NA castles that we are about to get.

      Edit: Oh and no we didnt bring battle mounts because of you, we took them out for a ride but you just ran. Next day there wasnt any. You do know you can bring your own battle mounts so we can loot them right? That fight was about as good as you have done in a very long time. Of course we sometimes take losses.(people died instead of like 2 kills for you) But we won those fights. Wasnt a loss. All of those deaths were regeared in like 15 mins. You should just keep doing those fights as that would be fun for everyone. For some reason you guys are afraid to loose pixels.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by EnErgEstER ().

    • EnErgEstER wrote:

      You do huh. yeah im sure lol. You love massing to ride to castles only to go and suicide in your terri. Ya im sure you love riding away to town, leaving behind everyone on t5 horses to die. What careful battles? You have been hardly fighting. Thats fine that you declined, thanks for the castle loot, energy and season points when you do. Only newer members would be "sad" we are use to having to go out and find our fights. Taking less people or no alliance to get certain ones. By the look of our weekly kill value.(every week numba wan by far) Your army is mostly conscripts that dont want to be wasting their time. The rest dont want to be running. Your shot callers are pretty trash that get everyone killed all the time. So ya have fun right now cause you will be massing for nothing again. Thanks for the castles this morning and thanks for the NA castles that we are about to get.
      Edit: Oh and no we didnt bring battle mounts because of you, we took them out for a ride but you just ran. Next day there wasnt any. You do know you can bring your own battle mounts so we can loot them right? That fight was about as good as you have done in a very long time. Of course we sometimes take losses.(people died instead of like 2 kills for you) But we won those fights. Wasnt a loss. All of those deaths were regeared in like 15 mins. You should just keep doing those fights as that would be fun for everyone. For some reason you guys are afraid to loose pixels.
      Yes and I'll break it down for you.

      BA / SQUAD is full of traitors, deceivers, backstabbers, and kids. Blue Army has, countless times, deceived guilds and sides over the past year. They break promises. And so, over time, a lot of guilds got fed up and decided to work together against them. Blue Army has lost all credibility and run out of guilds and alliances to lie to. So now, nobody likes them except for 13-19 year old teenagers who shitpost on reddit. I'm more than willing to do whatever it takes to breakup the cancer known as SQUAD and Blue Army. So it is really no cost, to do whatever it takes.

      Here's a point. Offense has all the advantage. Since POE has so many territories, POE is always playing defensively, which is a disadvantage. It's like white versus black in chess. White always has advantage. If BA/Squad had territories (LOL) then it would be easy to put lots of pressure on you. But instead, Blue Army is based in Caerleon. So who are the real carebears?

      BA / SQUAD can only do a couple of things well -- castles and (Savage) gank squads. Outside of that, BA has few achievements, if any, other than backstabbing everybody in the game.


      POE is working on castles, after the merge and shuffling of shot-callers. We will get it in due time. We've broken and beaten BA / Squad several times over the past few months. You may not be aware of it. I was in many of the winning battles. BA can, and will, be beaten. But the large SQUAD zerg, I admit, is the current challenge.

      We started getting kills against the main BA zerg. What happened? They brought 3 battlemounts and larger numbers. So yes, there's no sweat on POE's side. We're not worried.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Theat ().

    • Wadefu wrote:

      Desriel wrote:

      Arena has no rewards though and isn't competitive at all so pretty much nobody does it. This would have not only pretty good rewards but also start at specific times since people would queue on the hour and in a full group. Comparing it to arena is apples to oranges.
      Arena's allows the whole of Albion players to que crystal gvg cuts that maybe into a tenth of the population? Not to mention limited number of gvgs to go around... Opening this up to two times per region would be a disaster.
      nobody does Arena though because it's a waste of time due to the rewards lol
    • Theat wrote:

      EnErgEstER wrote:

      You do huh. yeah im sure lol. You love massing to ride to castles only to go and suicide in your terri. Ya im sure you love riding away to town, leaving behind everyone on t5 horses to die. What careful battles? You have been hardly fighting. Thats fine that you declined, thanks for the castle loot, energy and season points when you do. Only newer members would be "sad" we are use to having to go out and find our fights. Taking less people or no alliance to get certain ones. By the look of our weekly kill value.(every week numba wan by far) Your army is mostly conscripts that dont want to be wasting their time. The rest dont want to be running. Your shot callers are pretty trash that get everyone killed all the time. So ya have fun right now cause you will be massing for nothing again. Thanks for the castles this morning and thanks for the NA castles that we are about to get.Edit: Oh and no we didnt bring battle mounts because of you, we took them out for a ride but you just ran. Next day there wasnt any. You do know you can bring your own battle mounts so we can loot them right? That fight was about as good as you have done in a very long time. Of course we sometimes take losses.(people died instead of like 2 kills for you) But we won those fights. Wasnt a loss. All of those deaths were regeared in like 15 mins. You should just keep doing those fights as that would be fun for everyone. For some reason you guys are afraid to loose pixels.
      Yes and I'll break it down for you.
      BA / SQUAD is full of traitors, deceivers, backstabbers, and kids. Blue Army has, countless times, deceived guilds and sides over the past year. They break promises. And so, over time, a lot of guilds got fed up and decided to work together against them. Blue Army has lost all credibility and run out of guilds and alliances to lie to. So now, nobody likes them except for 13-19 year old teenagers who shitpost on reddit. I'm more than willing to do whatever it takes to breakup the cancer known as SQUAD and Blue Army. So it is really no cost, to do whatever it takes.

      Here's a point. Offense has all the advantage. Since POE has so many territories, POE is always playing defensively, which is a disadvantage. It's like white versus black in chess. White always has advantage. If BA/Squad had territories (LOL) then it would be easy to put lots of pressure on you. But instead, Blue Army is based in Caerleon. So who are the real carebears?

      BA / SQUAD can only do a couple of things well -- castles and (Savage) gank squads. Outside of that, BA has few achievements, if any, other than backstabbing everybody in the game.


      POE is working on castles, after the merge and shuffling of shot-callers. We will get it in due time. We've broken and beaten BA / Squad several times over the past few months. You may not be aware of it. I was in many of the winning battles. BA can, and will, be beaten. But the large SQUAD zerg, I admit, is the current challenge.

      We started getting kills against the main BA zerg. What happened? They brought 3 battlemounts and larger numbers. So yes, there's no sweat on POE's side. We're not worried.
      Lol I never thought id read so much bullshit from a delusional sheep. Is this what they tell you when you join poe? ministry of misinformation for sure. Ill spare you a paragraph on why what you're saying is almost all lies. Maybe someday your eyes can be opened and you can be freed, slave.
    • Theat wrote:

      Yes and I'll break it down for you.
      BA / SQUAD is full of traitors, deceivers, backstabbers, and kids. Blue Army has, countless times, deceived guilds and sides over the past year. They break promises. And so, over time, a lot of guilds got fed up and decided to work together against them. Blue Army has lost all credibility and run out of guilds and alliances to lie to. So now, nobody likes them except for 13-19 year old teenagers who shitpost on reddit. I'm more than willing to do whatever it takes to breakup the cancer known as SQUAD and Blue Army. So it is really no cost, to do whatever it takes.

      Here's a point. Offense has all the advantage. Since POE has so many territories, POE is always playing defensively, which is a disadvantage. It's like white versus black in chess. White always has advantage. If BA/Squad had territories (LOL) then it would be easy to put lots of pressure on you. But instead, Blue Army is based in Caerleon. So who are the real carebears?

      BA / SQUAD can only do a couple of things well -- castles and (Savage) gank squads. Outside of that, BA has few achievements, if any, other than backstabbing everybody in the game.


      POE is working on castles, after the merge and shuffling of shot-callers. We will get it in due time. We've broken and beaten BA / Squad several times over the past few months. You may not be aware of it. I was in many of the winning battles. BA can, and will, be beaten. But the large SQUAD zerg, I admit, is the current challenge.

      We started getting kills against the main BA zerg. What happened? They brought 3 battlemounts and larger numbers. So yes, there's no sweat on POE's side. We're not worried.