Enoying the New Content

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Enoying the New Content

Normally I don't provide much in the way of feedback but I have to say that this new patch is great. If the intent of SBI was to create more open world content they succeeded in spades. As a non-GvGer, I really enjoy the fact that I can help out our guild by mage raiding. However, I''m not too sure I like the idea of nerfing the mage points because some guilds are complaining. If a guild or alliance cannot protect its mages then it has too much territories. Making guilds protect their mages creates way more open world content. I believe that mage raiding and the effects on points will help level the playing field so that the very few dominate GvG team (and alts) can no longer control the map. The proposed changes to the current mage system came from the guilds who own to much and cannot protect what the have. I say keep the new content as is for season and at the end see what improvements need to made. Don't let a few big guilds control Albion! Just my views.
    • I feel like a number of the territory changes will hurt smaller guilds. Doubling the range of guards makes it so most won’t be skippable by small groups and reducing the points on mage kill means the attacking guilds have to essentaily attack 10% more territories.. most guilds don’t have the capability to even hold 1 territory so killing mages is the only real way for them to gain points. And from what I can tell if you have people in your alliance in your attacking party only 1 guild gets the points, so low guilds can’t even team up to form a group.

Then You have the fact that 1 guy with a ranged weapon can take on a group of 5 attackers by staying way back with the guards and soaking healer in dps.

Any guild capable of holding a territory generally has enough active players to interfere with the first mage kill because of the long time of the mages ice block.

Then you have the fact that most guilds have gatherers or roomers in the maps with their territories and can respond to the threat in less than a minute, or call guild before you even get to the mage.

A number of these changes seem to be to affect larger guilds that are most likely going to get to crystal even if they didn’t kill any mages.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

If you're not 3-manning mages right now (no ice block, it starts at 4 people) as a small guild you've shot yourself in the foot. Clear time w/ a competent group is no more than 120 seconds.
      I was duo'ing mages the other day with a guildy... I'm 99% sure it was ice-blocking (but only once). I think at 4 people it does it twice, and increases the amount of times with each person after that.

Qrystalline wrote:

can you link me to we’re this info originally came from, most people I talk to seem to know nothing about mage mechanics which makes things difficult
      Here is a video I made a while back:

youtube.com/watch?v=KgzizAGIMlI
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

700 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

I was duo'ing mages the other day with a guildy... I'm 99% sure it was ice-blocking (but only once). I think at 4 people it does it twice, and increases the amount of times with each person after that.
      You're right, let me pull my foot out of my mouth on that topic.

I stand by my original point that doing it with the minimum viable count to stay efficient still does not give enough time to defend. With Fusion's link they dropped the second mage in ~90seconds
    • Qrystalline wrote:

I feel like a number of the territory changes will hurt smaller guilds. Doubling the range of guards makes it so most won’t be skippable by small groups and reducing the points on mage kill means the attacking guilds have to essentaily attack 10% more territories.. most guilds don’t have the capability to even hold 1 territory so killing mages is the only real way for them to gain points. And from what I can tell if you have people in your alliance in your attacking party only 1 guild gets the points, so low guilds can’t even team up to form a group.

Then You have the fact that 1 guy with a ranged weapon can take on a group of 5 attackers by staying way back with the guards and soaking healer in dps.

Any guild capable of holding a territory generally has enough active players to interfere with the first mage kill because of the long time of the mages ice block.

Then you have the fact that most guilds have gatherers or roomers in the maps with their territories and can respond to the threat in less than a minute, or call guild before you even get to the mage.

A number of these changes seem to be to affect larger guilds that are most likely going to get to crystal even if they didn’t kill any mages.

So right now we have an issue that affects a huge portion of the playerbase, and acts favorably for a very small portion of the playerbase. Most people who do raid mages or defend them ARE in bigger guilds than yours.

The counter argument is that if you are THAT small of a guild, you shouldn't be raiding mages at all, and persue other content or raise your numbers? You can't realistically expect the same rewards with the effort of organising 5 people, when others organise 15 or more?
    • Hey Meatcup, It is not impossible, dont make me laugh. You must be in a low end guild or something. I successfully defended mages all the time when i was in exertion during the season 1 war. We went hard on mages for like 2 months then i took a break. That season was kind of like this season with more castles and mages. Its like oh the mages got hit in dr. a out. ride over and wipe the mage group, bank then ride back to the dungeon. Or even if you are a few terris away you can get to the mages and defend. If they kill 1 mage and know to run and escape. They only get the one mage. If its the same terris getting hit you can have people camping it or logged out in it. You just have to play around the terris you wish to defend. Why do they need longer to show up? we didnt. Are you riding a t4 horse? Even oops had the rule that they had to defend their terris adjacent to the dungeon zones, That covers most of mercia with just ff groups. They stopped defending so much after getting wiped so many times. But they would be ok with giving away that energy and resources. If you want enchanted t8 resources you have to protect them also. I dont know why i have to tell you how to play when we did it a year ago just fine. I guess if you have a mega alliance with terris in royals and all 3 continents then better organize your thousands of slaves. Instead of having them ignoring the call to defend the mages because they want to ff.

There is a minimum kill time because of the ice blocks. You could have just added one or more ice blocks to increase the time. If you do it this way you might as well increase the fame on guards even more. Mages get zerg buffed but take longer to kill with more people. So now when you buff guards. I just hope you calculate how much extra damage they do. To me these changes will just make some small mage kill groups stop doing it all together. make more fake attacks on guards, lots more guard killing and terri prepping for smaller groups to kill mages. So its less of a money making thing for whoever wants to. Its more of a guild attack thing for season points. You didnt even make that much money raiding them before, like people would just leave the energy on the floor when raiding pretty often. Also a lot of guilds and alliances hide in terris already. Preventing a lot of small scale pvp that can happen. buffed guards makes terris safer. Its already annoying having to assault a terri with a zerg on it. Some people would rather not even fight then fight against someone or a zerg on terri. I dont think it will affect that to much, in terms of zvz. It might slow down the start ups of fights, since you have to clear even more for a chance for it to happen. It will effect small scale in a negative way though. Sure people not leaving ff quick and not actively defending mages cried enough on the round table apparently. But you could have defended your mages just fine. Im not gonna tell you more about how since i want your mages dead. But Yes of course its possible since it has already been done and it is continued to be done by guilds that actually try to defend mages.
    • Poor word choice and you ran with it. Fair enough. I think it is an inefficient use of time to attempt to defend.

I'm sure plenty of guilds have successfully defended mages. I am simply expressing my opinion that in the current state, you have to be within approximately 120 seconds of a mage location, in full kit, to successfully defend it, as evidenced above.

In my humble opinion:
      I don't think that is a reasonable amount of time to expect any effective player counteractions.
      I do think this change gave smaller guilds an advantage in season points not previously held, and I like that. The blade swings both ways.
      I do not think that having alternate characters prepped and ready in any given number of territories should be an element designed around. In other words, I don't feel the argument holds water as an option since it relies on an element that is, in my opinion, outside of the scope of play.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Regarding your petty digs on my guild and my alliance - It's very clear who I am, since I can be found on the killboard.

Who are you? Do you only shoot from cover?

• It boils down to opportunity cost.

Say I am out with my own 3 man team killing mages. We earn more energy/points per hour continuing to do what we're doing versus running across multiple zones to try and catch someone raiding our mages. By the time we get there, it's usually too late. You've already lost your mage, the raiders are gone so you can't get their loot and the time you spent running across the map is time you could have killed 3 or 4 mages yourself worth a significant amount of silver and season points.

As a logical human being, what is the rational action to take? There's no incentive to defend, which is why we just farm our own mages with an alt guild. Ministry of prosperity is a top 10 guild now on pace to hit crystal well before the season ends.

The new changes posted to the NDA playtest are interesting - I think it will make defending easier for sure, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it for us to change our current strategy, it's just going to slow us down a little.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Yeah you need actual people on mage defense duty, not doing something else and then responding to late or not at all. You mean 120 seconds with the solo target small mage kill team? Thats solo mages, most people skip double mages or you can show up after the first mage to defend the rest for awhile. with the changes you wont be able to kill a mage in 120 seconds, at all. You will still have to show up or you will loose mages. Which you wont for 90% of them.

Alts were one of ways i told you how to win, not giving away more secrets. I gave plenty of other arguments.

nah it wasnt clear who you were. But I guess i saw you die a few times. Yep my assumption from my comment was correct. You are in the super alliance POE. infinite, with xorgy as your lead. Push that agenda. Ya I see your 3k kill fame that i can get in 1 day. Nice 0.54 kdr. Maybe if you defended mages more you would get more kills. This is my username on the forum my game name is Groglor. hi scrub.
    • It's easy to talk shit when you're a part of the best OW Zerg in the game. Furthermore, I appreciate you taking the time to assess these points from an individual perspective, instead of assuming everyone in each large alliance is a giant hivemind. /s.

It's clear you cannot establish yourself as an individual with your own ideas, so you've resorted to attacking me based on who I associate with, instead of the merits of the argument.

To seal the deal as a baseless, equally mindless 'agenda pusher' you've fallen, ironically, to stat gatekeeping. Again, must be easy when KM routes our asses consistently.

Notice I've actually acknowledged BA's season victories while still making you look like an idiot? Maybe if I subscribed to BA my stats would be as padded as the room you sleep in.
    • Yeah i joined it when it was new in Feb, like i said before, I came from exertion. Its the best for many reasons, mostly the members. You can catch me on the front line dunking you guys weekly. Id still talk shit to you for your idiotic posts if i was in a shitter guild like yours. Well from your first point is where you said its impossible to defend mages is where i got my perspective on you as a player. Then I assumed you were in poe and i was right. You have very little experience with the game it seems. So why are you even commenting on something you know nothing about? These are my ideas that I have already laid out for you so you can learn. Please take some notes and bring them to your guild so you can learn how to defend mages. You have pithouse which has 1 mage on it right now, its next to grisdale poe's main cumbria dungeon a half map away. You cant a out and deal with that? Its also next to your city plot. Your other terri, hotshadows which has 0 mages on it. its a portal terri so it has historically got hit more often. But you are also a half map away from the portal. You could come from caerleon to do something about your mages. I just tested it, It takes under a minute to zone into hotshadows from town, check the mages and zone back into town. 165 players in your guild plus a super alliance of 2742 people cant do something about that? Not even counting 874 RENT. Nah I didnt resort to anything. That was just an extra jab or two at you. Well even if you are not pushing an agenda, your masters sure are. So open your eyes to the game around you before you try and exaggerate the state of mages. The changes to guards will hardly matter in the leader boards, it only hurts small guilds and mage kill groups that have nothing to do with a season war. Yeah you are right, you are easy loot bags. Of course you route easily, you are conscripts in a slave army. When your alliance generally avoids pvp you get no practice. So that goes along with defending mages. Youd have to actually care about your guild or even alliances terris. Not be scared to fight. but also, not be lazy. Like look at AC terri. How does that not have mages on it or the terris around it. AC is famed all day by poe.

Yeah I played a part in many of the fights that led to those victories, probably over 90% of them. No I dont see where you made me look like an idiot. Nah were full. You would have to actually play the game and not be bad. You couldnt cut it here.
    • we just killed 60 mages this morning with a group of 6, with players that have no more than 1m pvp fame and 5m pve fame each. and the new patch is not going to stop us either. also it is great fun having everyone actually skilled to win a territory dropping every other activity they can do in the game, to defend 4-5 hours per day. yes that's fun. they love it i am sure.