Siphoning mage system - proposition of new ecosystem

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• glokz schrieb:

1. Small groups can still do mages, but it should take approx. 5-10 minutes to kill the mage, and additional 5-10 minutes to claim the chest(risky time as anyone can steal it from you)
      10-20 minutes in an enemy territory with less than 5 people is almost certain death. Defeats the purpose of raiding when there's that long of a wait.

Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

Granting Season Points in addition to siphoned energy is just too much considering it only takes a 3 man team about 2 minutes to kill a mage
      Agreed, the energy itself isn't the major reason people do it now. It's the only consistent way to gain season points and some nerds really care about imaginary numbers.
    • First of all i'm BA and everyone knows it, so my opinion will be considered subjective but i'm always trying to give the most objective feedback i can.

Here are the 4 points that must be taken in consideration for the mages changes.
      i'd like to add a 5th:
      5. free passive income is bad and should be subject to a possible contestation.

glokz schrieb:

1. Need of defending own terris for 24/7
      2. Being punished for winning GvG
      3. Killing own mages is viable strategy to maximize energy outcome/season points
      4. Lack of open world content that matters
      First is important to consider since its normal that people can't defend 24/7 their mages if they have a work, life etc.

My Idea (maybe its taken from someone elses, not sure) to have the mage system working is to have 30% (or maybe less) of the territory points generated during the 4h of primetime.
      So raiding mages during the primetime is way more efficient for the attackers but it also is easier for the defender to defend and thus will create:
      1. more fights during terri primetime
      2. more income for active guilds
      Mages respawn should also be balanced accordingly (the spawn time should be shorter during the primetime).

Second is a bad argument imo, since territories provide other non-neglectable advantages independant from seasons (i already stated that in others posts)

Third is the hardest to fix:
      Since it's worth to go and raid mages, it's hard to defend your mages (since they are supposed to get raided often) and since the income from killing them is the same as the income for keeping them alive, its easier to go for the kill.
      2 changes might fix this: the 1st proposed:
      "have 30% (or maybe less) of the territory points generated during the 4h of primetime."
      and also "10% less energy and points given for killing the mages" in NDA changes

So it will be less worth to raid your mages, easier to defend them, and it will be riskier to kill with alts since the frame for kills will be contested by more people (so you might encounter more enemies during the primetime)

Fourth point is important to take in consideration:
      Mage raiding creates a lot of encounter of every scale and this should be encouraged. Problem of having primetime giving more points is that it can promote zerging but the changes on guards might avoid that and also the 4h frame is too long to keep a zerg massed up.
      This should just be good for fights (and maybe a bit harder for people to attack) but should reward more activity of defenders and attackers.

Fifth point is still important to keep in mind but the current system already fixes this. The possibility and interest of raiding mages should be kept and having only uncontestable income would lead to an insane snowball (and litteraly be worst for GvGs)

So TL;DR: have 30% (or maybe less) of the territory points generated during the 4h of primetime.
      Should solve all the issues.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

glokz schrieb:

1. Small groups can still do mages, but it should take approx. 5-10 minutes to kill the mage, and additional 5-10 minutes to claim the chest(risky time as anyone can steal it from you)
      10-20 minutes in an enemy territory with less than 5 people is almost certain death. Defeats the purpose of raiding when there's that long of a wait.

Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

Granting Season Points in addition to siphoned energy is just too much considering it only takes a 3 man team about 2 minutes to kill a mage
      Agreed, the energy itself isn't the major reason people do it now. It's the only consistent way to gain season points and some nerds really care about imaginary numbers.
      Its not about numbers. The idea behind good content is that you can adjust it as you please. And it's exactly like that.

Do you feel the owners get not enough energy and mage clearing is #1 content ? Change the energy distribution model
      Do you feel defenders have too much time to defend? Decrease the cooldowns/mage stats
      Is the reward for clearing mages in this model not enough? Boost fame gained on killing mages/guard so you get passive PvE progress and owners are not harmed.

There is shitton of possible adjustment to that but we remain within pvp-oriented model.

With current changes, when you need to kill all guards, it will negatively affect PvP opportunities compared to current state and I was against pushing this patch to live. I said that we can find some better solution, but since nobody cares and syndic still demands nerfing this content to the ground (So hes not satisfied with new patch notes) we are still standing in a point.

PS. And game keeps to be a horse simulator, I hope we will get some new additions to horses, because guild logos are not enough for long term. I think we could have customized horse neighs so we could enjoy travelling across continents.
    • That's why the cooldown would ensure that when you successfully defend mages during your prime time, you get the most points (not 100%) but enough to be #1

This can be easily achieved by :

1. Passive income of having territories (set it to 20%/30%, whatever)
      2. Adjusting spawn time of mage after kill (longer times = more energy stolen, shorter cooldowns = more opportunities to defend, lesser rewards)
      3. Adjusting overall season points/energy income to be balanced with other activities that also provide points

I think mage content should be the least attractive form of activity but still when nothing else is happening - it is driving pvp on the server. Its better than diving dungeon as those are empty in prime time.