Will we ever see Bow being used in 5v5 as often as Xbow / Frost ?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• i really dont understand why nobody is running regular bow in 5 v 5s, its just recieved a massive buff.

q poison, w explosive arrows, with mage cowl, cleric robe, cleric shoes with blink(or royal shoes), cleanse cape, and a gig pot.

playstyle e, attack 5 times, hit w and d and melt people (always save them until 5 stacks). it puts out more dps than a fire staff and with the e cooldown buff it has a high up time.

shreds frontline with the sunder too.

never runs out of energy either..

i think you dont really see much variety in 5s because of the lack of players actually doing that content. there are so many weapons that could be utilized that arnt imo.
    • heyw0od schrieb:

i really dont understand why nobody is running regular bow in 5 v 5s, its just recieved a massive buff.

q poison, w explosive arrows, with mage cowl, cleric robe, cleric shoes with blink(or royal shoes), cleanse cape, and a gig pot.

playstyle e, attack 5 times, hit w and d and melt people (always save them until 5 stacks). it puts out more dps than a fire staff and with the e cooldown buff it has a high up time.

shreds frontline with the sunder too.

never runs out of energy either..

i think you dont really see much variety in 5s because of the lack of players actually doing that content. there are so many weapons that could be utilized that arnt imo.
      Give it a try, try scrims with it, run 15-20 scrims, you will see why it doesn't work.
      You under estimating the community, if you think "people just don't try".
      Once you start scriming 5+ a day, you will see ton of clever and weird combos which players testing during scrims.
      Unfortunately, almost a year since launch, We still dont see Bows, there is a reason for that.
      How it can be fixed was discussed in Ideas section of the Forum.
      CocaDoo
    • @TenBaRosh look. im not going to pretend im a 5 v 5 expert, cause i really dont have the time to commit to that content, but i do know this, ive played a hell of a lot of arena (including premade matches) and i conistently do well with it.

nearly every game im top of leaderboard on kills with this build. (including premades) (and yeah i realise im going to get a lot of hate for using arena as an example but whatever)

the only thing it struggles against is heavy mace, when they purge your stacks, but if you position well, and focus less on diving backline and more on hitting high priority but low risk targets, it puts out a hell of a lot of pressure.

(think ad carry style gameplay in league of legends, cause this build is probably the closest thing we have to that in albion)

it was good when it was a 30 sec cd, now its a 20 sec cd on that e, so even if you get purged its not the end of the world.

i think it has a pretty high skillcap compared to casters with more defensive options, but with practice on positioning well i think it can even outshine its counterparts. higher risk, higher reward.

in the 15-20 scrims you are urging me to do, what problems do you think id face exactly? no bm, just genuinely curious.
    • @Wadefu like i say, ive used it a lot in premade 5 matches, and its worked for me. im pretty sure it would work well in a comp that can peel well for it. as for telegraphed, maybe.. but it has a very low downtime, and can provide a lot of pressure.

at the end of the day my point is its not useless, it has strong points, and if youre willing to build a team around it you could probably find a lot of success.
    • pedrikoso schrieb:

`this is not 100% accurate, shortly after launch, Black Mamba (my old guild) had a really good top-tier team, used the regular bow and they used to beat the shit out of most teams
      So if this is not 100% accurate, Why don't you go to YouTube and verify it?
      You will find out one of their members channel with GvG videos, you can count how many times out of all GvGs they actually used a Bow.
      And if they used it for some sort of a time, what does it has to do with "Will we ever see Bow being used in 5v5 as often as Xbow / Frost ?" ?
      CocaDoo
    • TenBaRosh schrieb:

pedrikoso schrieb:

`this is not 100% accurate, shortly after launch, Black Mamba (my old guild) had a really good top-tier team, used the regular bow and they used to beat the shit out of most teams
      So if this is not 100% accurate, Why don't you go to YouTube and verify it?You will find out one of their members channel with GvG videos, you can count how many times out of all GvGs they actually used a Bow.
      And if they used it for some sort of a time, what does it has to do with "Will we ever see Bow being used in 5v5 as often as Xbow / Frost ?" ?
      Theres no "going in youtube and verify"
      I was there, I played with them for about 2 months and almost all of it they used the bow every day in every gvg.
      You said since launch, and you also said HEAVY used.
      So yea, it may not be used nowadays as OFTEN, but they once were.
    • pedrikoso schrieb:

TenBaRosh schrieb:

pedrikoso schrieb:

So if this is not 100% accurate, Why don't you go to YouTube and verify it?You will find out one of their members channel with GvG videos, you can count how many times out of all GvGs they actually used a Bow.And if they used it for some sort of a time, what does it has to do with "Will we ever see Bow being used in 5v5 as often as Xbow / Frost ?" ?
      Theres no "going in youtube and verify"I was there, I played with them for about 2 months and almost all of it they used the bow every day in every gvg.
      You said since launch, and you also said HEAVY used.
      Your info in incorrect.
      I went to Snowlz YouTube channel and watched hes last 5 videos.
      He used:
      1 Fight with Bow
      2 Fights with Clarent
      2 Fights with Heavy xbow.

So your biggest argument of "Bows been used since launch HEAVILY" is 1 team reference, which used the Bow only once in recent 5 videos.
      So in those 5 videos, the Xbow for example were used 5 times.

Get your facts straight.

I really don't understand why would you bring such argument, if you not even willing to verify it.

P.S - Look at the Date on this screenshot prntscr.com/l5lghc
      CocaDoo

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von TenBaRosh ()

• TenBaRosh schrieb:

pedrikoso schrieb:

TenBaRosh schrieb:

pedrikoso schrieb:

So if this is not 100% accurate, Why don't you go to YouTube and verify it?You will find out one of their members channel with GvG videos, you can count how many times out of all GvGs they actually used a Bow.And if they used it for some sort of a time, what does it has to do with "Will we ever see Bow being used in 5v5 as often as Xbow / Frost ?" ?
      Theres no "going in youtube and verify"I was there, I played with them for about 2 months and almost all of it they used the bow every day in every gvg.You said since launch, and you also said HEAVY used.
      Your info in incorrect.I went to Snowlz YouTube channel and watched hes last 5 videos.
      He used:
      1 Fight with Bow
      2 Fights with Clarent
      2 Fights with Heavy xbow.

So your biggest argument of "Bows been used since launch HEAVILY" is 1 team reference, which used the Bow only once in recent 5 videos.
      So in those 5 videos, the Xbow for example were used 5 times.

Get your facts straight.

I really don't understand why would you bring such argument, if you not even willing to verify it.

P.S - Look at the Date on this screenshot prntscr.com/l5lghc
      Again, he didn't make videos of all the gvgs, are you stupid? I played in the guild, I can verify.

He did change weapons later, after playing bow in a lot of gvgs