Adventurer's Challenge F.A.Q.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adventurer's Challenge F.A.Q.

Hey folks,

Here is an F.A.Q for the new Adventurers Challenge, we hope this helps to explain how this system works, if you have any additional questions please drop them below and we can build up the list.

1. How do I obtain rewards in the Adventurer's Challenge?

Every player has the opportunity to obtain these monthly rewards, however there will be some things you need to keep in mind when unlocking the rewards.
      • You must have Premium status active on your character to make progress toward weekly and monthly rewards. Free players can unlock daily rewards and earn Learning Points but cannot claim other item rewards.
      • You will have a time limit of one month to obtain the mount and avatar border rewards.
      • Each week you will have the opportunity to unlock a new reward chest.
      • You have the chance to also acquire a daily bonus of challenge points and one Novice Tome of Insight.
      2. What are challenge points?

Challenge points are calculated based on fame earned through certain activities.

3. What activities can I do to gather challenge points?
      • PvE (killing mobs in Expeditions, open world, dungeons, etc.)
      • Fishing
      • Gathering
      • Picking crops and raising animals on your own farm plots
      4. What activity will give me the most challenge points?

Based on time required, you will get roughly the same amount of challenge points for each activity. Keep in mind that while each activity grants Fame at a different ratio, the challenge points earned should correspond with the time you spend fairly equally.

5. At what time do the weekly chests unlock?

On the first of the month at 10 UTC, and every week thereafter at 10 UTC, limited to 4 weekly chests per month.

6. Can I trade these weekly chests?

No, you cannot trade the chests themselves. However, some of the items included in them will be tradeable.

7. What can I obtain in these weekly chests?

There is always a chance to obtain the following:
      • Tomes of Insight
      • Silver Bags
      • Focus Restoration Potions
      • Raw Resources
      Additionally, each month there will be a rotating selection of furniture and costume items based on that month's theme.

8. How does the daily bonus work?

When you make progress and reach a certain point threshold which is displayed in-game, you can get an additional challenge point bonus and a Tome of Insight. Free players also have the chance to earn 10 Learning Points through the daily bonus (Premium characters, as always, earn 20 Learning Points passively each day).

9. Does the weekly chest progress carry over to next week if I don't get it in time?

Yes! You will always have an easier time if you stay on top of the daily bonuses, but you can retroactively claim a weekly chest provided it's past the chest's unlock date.

10. Does PvE Fame earned in Hardcore Expeditions also count?

Yes.

11. Will this be per character or per account?

This is per character, but you must refer back to question 1. for the parameters.
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • baibiscuit wrote:

Only gain vía open world or hces as well?
      Currently, both should count.

noxmortus wrote:

Will this also be per character or per account?
      From what I know, right now it's per character.

distel wrote:

What is the conversion rate of fame to CP?
      What we know so far;

4. What activity will give me the most challenge points?
      It doesn't matter which activity you do, you will still get roughly the same amount of challenge points for each activity.

But I will ask for the exact conversation rates.

Update conversion rates;

1 PvE fame to 0.1 Challenge Point
      1 Fishing fame to 0.5 Challenge Point
      1 Gathering fame to 1.2 Challenge Point

Keep in mind that each activity is also granting different fame, but with this balancing the challenge points should correspond with the activity fairly equally.

Thanks guys, going to add them to the faq :)

- Evoque
    • baibiscuit wrote:

I hope you guys realise that if HCE counts, more.people will jump to it just because it gives the More fame AND will complete the Challenges faster. Its a promote to kill the population of the open world, i thought you were going to buff it, not kill it
      Feedback here is definitely taken on board, there are always possibilities to iterate on this in future.

CaptainPando wrote:

"you will still get roughly the same amount of challenge points for each activity."

How far of a margin is there?
      Good question, I just dropped them here.

- Evoque
    • SHARKY wrote:

Evoque wrote:

Update conversion rates;

So with 200k CP needed for the Mount, along with the 62k CP on offer from Daily Bonuses (2k x 31), that will leave 138k CP to earn through PvE/Fishing/Gathering. The Mount and all 4 Weekly Chests seem very obtainable!
      A note on that, the idea is that this is still obtainable for a player that wants to mainly solo it, of course that means it will be easier for groups, but the devs didn't want to hinder the opportunities for the solo guys.

- Evoque
    • Evoque wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

Evoque wrote:

Update conversion rates;

So with 200k CP needed for the Mount, along with the 62k CP on offer from Daily Bonuses (2k x 31), that will leave 138k CP to earn through PvE/Fishing/Gathering. The Mount and all 4 Weekly Chests seem very obtainable!
      A note on that, the idea is that this is still obtainable for a player that wants to mainly solo it, of course that means it will be easier for groups, but the devs didn't want to hinder the opportunities for the solo guys.
      - Evoque
      I like that...I'm solo!