Galatines are broken and will be harmful in their current state

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Galatines are broken and will be harmful in their current state

Galatines E has not been nerfed but was easy to counter due to the stacking difficulty, now the stacking is way easier and the E is way harder to counter (basically 0.5s to see it) . Current on a cloth player a galatines with the same overall IP will deal 1300 dmg + 10% reduction of health without AoE escalation. So basically on a 15men clump it will be a OS.

clip of the current galatines power:

Plz nerf them before they come to live or the GvG and ZvZ metas will be harmed really hard.
      @Retroman

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Gugusteh () aus folgendem Grund: add clip

• wait... but couldn't you do something like this whit a much cheaper (non artifact) build of Halberd? The "clap" halberd with soldier armor + halberd + stalker hood = mass AOE DMG (it is getting nerfed a bit).

Then you can some something similar with a sickle (2h axe)...

So having a super expensive (highest tier artifact) sword do that... I mean... at least logically it seems ok to me. High risk (high cost) for high reward, no?

1300 DMG on clothies.... ok - so its good vs backline... if Im wearing plate or leather - I won're care as much? Does that mean u have to get to the backline to land that 1300 DMG? Getting to the backline is a challenge in and of itself...
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

wait... but couldn't you do something like this whit a much cheaper (non artifact) build of Halberd? The "clap" halberd with soldier armor + halberd + stalker hood = mass AOE DMG (it is getting nerfed a bit).

So having a super expensive (highest tier artifact) sword do that... I mean... at least logically it seems ok to me. High risk (high cost) for high reward, no?

1300 DMG on clothies.... ok - so its good vs backline... if Im wearing plate or leather - I won're care as much? Does that mean u have to get to the backline to land that 1300 DMG? Getting to the backline is a challenge in and of itself...
      basically watch the clip... i was playing locus (which is a counter) and i basically had to aim at the right spot where they blink to be able to purge and make them waste it.

Needing a soldier armor + stalker hood + aoe escalation (halberd example) is basically way harder to use than galatines
      its not high risk: a galatines clap is GG if your team isnt bad.
      i think you need to see it in action to know that and i saw it already a lot of times .
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

wait... but couldn't you do something like this whit a much cheaper (non artifact) build of Halberd? The "clap" halberd with soldier armor + halberd + stalker hood = mass AOE DMG (it is getting nerfed a bit).

So basically you're saying since halberd was like this it's fine for gallantines to be like this now even though they are getting nerfed for this very reason? What's your thought process on this one?
    • Gugusteh schrieb:

basically watch the clip... i was playing locus (which is a counter) and i basically had to aim at the right spot where they blink to be able to purge and make them waste it.
      yep, I replied before you uploaded the clip (you edited to upload the clip), all good tho - let me watch and rethink.

Okita schrieb:

So basically you're saying since halberd was like this it's fine for gallantines to be like this now even though they are getting nerfed for this very reason? What's your thought process on this one?
      Thought process is clear - halberd is a cheap 20k-100k item, while Galatine costs almost 10x as much at equivalent tiers... but again as stated above I did not get to watch the clip, as I replied to the thread before the clip was uploaded...

EDIT: video is so clumped... I had to watch at 0.25 speed... and still cant figure out who the guy with the Galatine is... was that Gbunny?

Also didn't a Curse Pierce beam go right before the galatine hit reducing everyone's resistances - and hence the effect?
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Captainrussia ()

• Captainrussia schrieb:

Gugusteh schrieb:

yep, I replied before you uploaded the clip (you edited to upload the clip), all good tho - let me watch and rethink.

Okita schrieb:

Thought process is clear - halberd is a cheap 20k-100k item, while Galatine costs almost 10x as much at equivalent tiers... but again as stated above I did not get to watch the clip, as I replied to the thread before the clip was uploaded...
      EDIT: video is so clumped... I had to watch at 0.25 speed... and still cant figure out who the guy with the Galatine is... was that Gbunny?

Also didn't a Curse Pierce beam go right before the galatine hit reducing everyone's resistances - and hence the effect?
      here is a galatine on a clothy under pierce
      gyazo.com/d09768dbbdf1df32b79131cd49ab1f93

Syndic schrieb:

Put on a Fiend Cowl and don't suck?
      gyazo.com/6e43f6b95f1d5ffa3ba751318e5b7c24 (time x0.75)
      i don't think that i suck at this tbh, but maybe if you thinked a second you could know that a it takes less than a second for the galatine to clap (0.9s to be precise) and that fiend cowl has a travel time so the frames to purge a galatines are really short (and not usable by most players cause of ping).
      Also this post isn't in my personnal interest but in yours if you care a bit about your alliance in ZvZ (cause i'm 100% sure that blue army will use them way better than POE in openworld)
    • moneymike2g schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

I agree with Syndic. You guys got clapped by two Galatines and can easily purge that with an arcane relic. Its just a matter of good players calling out the invisible sword player to purge it. So in other words, time for you guys to get good at the game Gugusteh.
      pretty hard to counter 2 swords than can clap less than 10s after a purge (which has 40s cd). Only solution to counter it well in this situation is to use the purge when the E is casted (giving you 30s before next clap). So you can only counter 2 galats with 1 locus E if... they are retards.
    • Gugusteh schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

gyazo.com/6e43f6b95f1d5ffa3ba751318e5b7c24 (time x0.75)

i don't think that i suck at this tbh, but maybe if you thinked a second you could know that a it takes less than a second for the galatine to clap (0.9s to be precise) and that fiend cowl has a travel time so the frames to purge a galatines are really short (and not usable by most players cause of ping).
      Also this post isn't in my personnal interest but in yours if you care a bit about your alliance in ZvZ (cause i'm 100% sure that blue army will use them way better than POE in openworld)

You're talking about a weapon that requires conditional 3-stacks to apply damage. It needs to be in melee range to get 3-stacks or sacrifice W. It needs to sacrifice F to apply damage. It's completely countered by positioning and a Fiend Cowl or two. Then you're talking about putting it on a Cloth. You know what happens to that Galatine if you don't miraculously kill 4/5ths of the enemy team right? Swords (Clarents, Galatines) were always great weapons to club baby seals with, and ran into problems around the time you started running into better teams that knew how to counterplay it. I get it, I played GVG's for 6 months with a Cloth Clarent on my team.

You're also using a bogus scenario - narrow choke, pierce, people who don't know what they're doing. Pierce those guys and drop a beamed Longbow on them you'll get the same result. Pierce those guys and drop a Brimstone you'll get the same result. Hell, roll a beamed Wildfire through them while they're full pierced you'll get the same result. This game isn't built around ZvZ and it sucks balance-wise at ZvZ, that should be evident to everyone. If you want a good ZvZ experience you picked the wrong game to play.
    • Syndic schrieb:

You're also using a bogus scenario - narrow choke, pierce, people who don't know what they're doing.
      narrow choke: yes
      pierce: happens
      people who don't know what they are doing: nope sry. We just had an incomplete comp...
      But yeh its rare to have a choke and a pierce 8o

Now you want to add a comparison with different weapons? at least do it right.

Syndic schrieb:

This game isn't built around ZvZ and it sucks balance-wise at ZvZ, that should be evident to everyone. If you want a good ZvZ experience you picked the wrong game to play.
      That's actually where you are completely wrong and think for yourself as one of the 50ish players that plays GvG (almost only). If you didnt notice, this game has a whole world outside of instancied content where wildfire is shit.
      And if you didnt notice, a lot of changes are concerning weapons designed for zerg (yes it exists !).

I personnaly have had a good ZvZ experience, thing that your whole alliance cant say (except if running simulator is your favourite game). But maybe i got good at ZvZ? :huh:

Now that i told you that the game doesnt only rely on GvG maybe we can talk about balancing ?

So lets see some actual numbers:
      a 1120 IP galatines will deal 1115 mdmg + 10% enemy health true dmg (around 220dmg) on a 9m radius
      (an icicle has 8m radius if you want a comparison)
      a 1120 IP brimstone will deal 1393 mdmg (so 278 more damages reduced by resistances) on a 5m radius

basically more damages in a bigger area (yes the 278 are reduced by around 36% if you pierce the target to the maximum possible which is hard)
      So we have:
      1. a weapon with 15m range + a cast time (cancellable) of 2s with less damages and a smaller area (so reduce the number of enemies by 2+ and increase the AoE escalation)
      2. a weapon with melee range + a cast time (uncancellable) of 0.9s + requiring 3 stacks with slightly more damages and an area bigger than an icicle + reducing the max HP of enemies by 10% for 7s
      (if you didnt know, AoE escalation has an enormous impact in ZvZ fights)

A lot of people complained about longbow and halberd (yes there is a lot of people playing ZvZ) because they are OP.
      One is nerfed, the other is still broken, so lets bring another broken OP to the table.

Now @Syndic if you want to talk about balance, please do it with actual / comparable examples and keep your ridiculous statements for yourself. (and if you don't want to talk about balance then gtfo of this thread)
    • Gugusteh schrieb:

Now that i told you that the game doesnt only rely on GvG maybe we can talk about balancing ?

So lets see some actual numbers:
      a 1120 IP galatines will deal 1115 mdmg + 10% enemy health true dmg (around 220dmg) on a 9m radius
      (an icicle has 8m radius if you want a comparison)
      a 1120 IP brimstone will deal 1393 mdmg (so 278 more damages reduced by resistances) on a 5m radius

basically more damages in a bigger area (yes the 278 are reduced by around 36% if you pierce the target to the maximum possible which is hard)
      So we have:
      1. a weapon with 15m range + a cast time (cancellable) of 2s with less damages and a smaller area (so reduce the number of enemies by 2+ and increase the AoE escalation)
      2. a weapon with melee range + a cast time (uncancellable) of 0.9s + requiring 3 stacks with slightly more damages and an area bigger than an icicle + reducing the max HP of enemies by 10% for 7s
      (if you didnt know, AoE escalation has an enormous impact in ZvZ fights)

A lot of people complained about longbow and halberd (yes there is a lot of people playing ZvZ) because they are OP.
      One is nerfed, the other is still broken, so lets bring another broken OP to the table.

Now @Syndic if you want to talk about balance, please do it with actual / comparable examples and keep your ridiculous statements for yourself. (and if you don't want to talk about balance then gtfo of this thread)
      Hey you forgot in your infinite balance wisdom that swords are build up requiring stacks. You gunna go poke a ZvZ front-line in cloth or wack the rabbits for stacks to go in?

Balance should be tested, not a theory in your head.