Some Quick Albion Ideas

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Some Quick Albion Ideas

Hi there!

Below this amazing text, you can see some of my "quick looks" at my ideas that were in my head, but I currently dont have a lot of time, or motivation to make them fully - long as they should be - so I will just put them here in short ... for all of you "TooLongTextPhobia" guys - this whole post is in TL;DR version - so you can enjoy these short pieces of text!

Arena Improvement - Is mostly Quality of Life suggestion, and what I mean by that, is merging command-like scrims system, and arena system into one UI Tab, which will be more player-friendly. On top of that this change could also include the following. Basic map for Arenas is forest resources territory. Your able to choose beetwen all possible GvG-like arenas, and get putted into public queue, with possibility to challange another party of 5 members by nickname (just like it is currently). Current Arena map is also here, but as Legacy map, because of low popularity and totaly different gameplay in compare to GvG's.

My apologize, but this short suggestion dont include image showing how tab could looks like. I already did UI tab visualization, and this is a looot of time needed to make it work ... trust me, I already did it.

Solo Faction Warfare - is simple idea of making Faction Warfare also Solo Oriented, while also being Group Oriended.

Idea adds 4 additional areas at corners of current existing Faction Camps. Each of these parts includes 2 guards guarding each enterence, and mini-boss, which after killing makes 1/4 of point capture. After killing all 4 mini-bosses faction camp is beeing captured by your fraction. Mini-bosses are getting 200% buff after more then 2 players attack them. Mini-bosses in summary give you little smaller reward then killing main boss of faction (including point capture reward after killing the boss). These are made to be suitable only for solo players, killing all 4 of them should take little longer time then killing main boss in group party. After killing main boss mini-bosses dissapear, and every killed mini-boss reduced reward of killing main boss. Mini-bosses have their own unique skill-set for every other faction.

Layout Image (low quality): i.imgur.com/7w6W0Uo.png

Mount Abilities - This suggestion was for sure rejected before because of some reasons, but in this case this suggestion is here to make riding moments in game more interesting, and mostly make traveling even faster, as I think that on current state its rather boring, and slow process - which - of course is my point of view, and you dont need to agree with it.

Mount abilities are used by pressing F, could be disabled in GvG's

Abilities Ideas:

- Normal Horse: your horse starts to gallop at faster speed. If you will ride into another player, he will get stuned for X seconds, and you will get fear effect for X seconds. Lasts for X seconds. X Cooldown.

- Armored Horse: your horse starts to gallop slightly faster. If you will ride into another player, he will get stuned for X seconds, and your horse speed will be reduced. Lasts for X seconds. X Cooldown.

- Bonehorse: your horse halfly enters shadow realm, making you invisible for mobs for X seconds. Lasts ...

- Warhorse: leaves a trail of corruption behind you, which reduces enemy CC resistance by X for X seconds. Lasts ...

- Giant Stag: Normal Horse ability should works nice.

- Transport Ox: your ox rushes towards destiny target with slowed speed stunning and knocking sideways all enemies on its path reducing ox speed by X for X seconds. Lasts ...

- Swiftclaw: your tiger(?) jumps for long distance. Cannot jump by obsticales like walls etc. (upgraded frog, haha)

- Arena Horse: Armored Horse ability, slighty faster.

- Arena Saberthooth: Swiftclaw ability, but even faster jump!

- Saddled Moabird: your moabird starts to gallop(?) at slighty faster speed. Using this ability will use X of mana every second. Lasts ...

- Winter Bear: your bear performs heavy smash attack(hammers W ability).

- Saddled Wild Boar: your boar performs winwall-like ability, knocking selected enemy in front of you for X meters.

- Bighorn Ram: [I need to do this!] - your Ram attacks selected castle gate, dealing high damage of X HP to it.

- Saddled Swamp Salamander: your lizard starts to run(?) faster by X%. Ability uses X mana for each second of use.

- Direwolf: after using this ability, if you will be able to stay arround enemy target for X seconds in X meters radious, your wolf will bite enemy target for X seconds. [This could be quite interesting for ganking!]

- Swamp Dragon: same as Salamander, but slightly better.

- Direboar: same as saddled wild boar, but sligtly better.

- Saddled Direbear: your direbear performs cleave attack in front of you dealing X damage to enemies in radious.

Note: all of above abilities are not created duo to long term thinking, and were made in quite fast time by just finding some (I hope) cool mechanics that could make "mount part" of the game something more interesting.

Green Dungeon -> Labyrinth: similar idea to this was already created by developers, but I would like to bring my point of view at this suggestion.

General thing is that almost noone is doing green dungeons, and because of that we could convert these, into entrances to Labyrinths that would be "Dark Souls" like rooms with fogs, and mobs in each room. There would be of course possibility to find another player, and then you will be closed in smaller, or larger room - in need to fight each other to death. Each continent could have their own set of 4 maps that you can travel and fight through(without mounts of course!). Royal Continent could have item cap, where black zones will not have it(or have higher soft cap). If you enter from one enterence, you can leave from another and be on totaly different part of map. I know that this idea was canceled by developers because of reasons, but maybe I changed here something that could make it work better?

This could be good solo content, interesting travel/escape mechanic and new 1v1 content, that could bring unused items back to game, as they could be good in 1v1 situations.

[Part 1 end]
    • [part 2]

Dragons Peak: is in my opinion - really - EPIC idea! Let me show you what I mean:

Dragons Peak, is new 1 map island on the map that you dont have access to. But - you can get there if you have Drangons Key! But how to get this and what I will see there?!

Lets start with what you need: in order to activate teleport to Dragons Peak Island, you need to craft legendary dragons key, which requires 3 key fragments which you have small chance to get after killing one of 3 world bosses in Albion! But! If you will manage to buy, or collect all 3 rare key fragments - you will also need trully legendary crafter to craft this key! The requirement to forge the key, is to be able to craft all Weapons and Armors in Albion to T8! If you will manage to have both legendary key fragments, and epic crafter that will be able to craft the key without stealing it(you could craft the key in Aftifact Foundry) - you will get reworded with what you need to activate Carleon Realmgate portal to Dragons Peak - new instance where all of the players would be able to join in order to fight Ancient Dragon - the only Dragon that manage to survive in Lore of Albion (seriously, Albion have a lore that I readed!)

After activating the teleport - global message is showed on center of the screen, that Ancient Dragon have been awaken, and every player is able to teleport into Dragons Peek from Realmgate in order to take him down!

But dont worry, this creature will be VERY, VERY HARD - he is able to perform fire attack from above, which will istantly kill everyone on its path, he can shoot fireballs all around him, which will burn you all the way down to HELL, and if thats not enough - he will get his Ancient Warriors ready to help him, so that your life killing him will be even HARDER, and nearly IMPOSSIBLE. BUT - if you will manage to kill this amazing enemy - you will be rewarded - a lot. I have some suggestions what the rewards could be, for both player that activated the portal, and those who helped him take the boss down, but I will let your imagination do the job here for now!

This is only a sketch of how this boss-fight could looks like - everything could change from what im writing here, but I think that having the ultimate boss in game is pretty cool thing, and could result in cool stories and new goals for the game. There are gaps in what I writed for sure, just like - what will happen after killing the boss? Will the reward be enough, and well organised etc. but I hope that you get my point of this big suggestion!

[Also, I dont hide that Albion need new normal dungeon.]

Some very quick ideas that havent manage to find their way to "full format" showcase:

- Big Alliances Penalties: these penalties could be: less resources on territories, siphoned mages give less energy, less IP in GvG's, OW,

- High Amount of Territories Penalties: pretty much same as above, just occure if you have too much of territories on same continent.

- 10v10 Homeplot GvG's: already rejected in the past, but could be very fun idea - mostly if you will combine it with ...

- New Homeplot Layouts: each homeplot could have other layout, according to biome they are at (suitable for 10v10), could be quite bigger, same amount of building areas.

- 10v10/20v20 HG: I will leave it empty because of reasons.

- Nuking Anglia: half of Anglia continent could be destroyed, and only territories could stay - with possibility to teleport into territories if you own them.

- Repairing BM's risk vs reward: could be repaired by re-adding CC immune.

[- Wipe: please, dont hate me!]

• Hey @DuendeBrek,

Firstly I have to say, wow what an awesome presentation for your ideas! Such a pleasure to read!

I am going to change the order a bit, hope you don't mind.

20v20 HG: is an idea being played around with here, in what format is still unclear just yet.

10v10 Homeplot GvG's: has been 'talked' about, ultimately by nature of the plots we do not see fights happening as often as in other territories and that leads us to wonder if it would be the right place to introduce 10v10. There have been suggestions around to make some of the territories surrounding CV, CoB etc. 10v10, so would be great to hear from others how they would feel about that too.

New Homeplot Layouts: If 10v10 GvGs became a thing, perhaps a new map would also be part of it. Although I don't want to raise expectations there.

Big Alliances Penalties: The debate on alliances is a difficult one, from my impression we have a very mixed opinion on whether we should cap alliances, distribute more penalties in correlation with size or even remove them completely.
      One of the reasons that alliances were introduced initially was because guilds were finding ways to form alliances anyway, with the actual system the developers were just adapting with the community and making those networks less tedious to manage. We would expect this coordinated effort to still take place even if they were to removed.
      However, as the game systems have evolved, and there have been calls to incentivize alliances to be more refined and competitive (a bit more of an organic penalty) - there have been ideas to distribute the season points between the alliances so that each of the guilds are treat in a much better way by the 'leading' guild while expectations of performance will go up. At the same time we also do not want to give a whole lot of excuses for guilds to turn away other guilds and potentially newer players hoping to gain access to more competitive content.
      Overall, it would be great to understand this from the perspective of as many players as possible, from the highly competitive to the guys that want to have access to the world for other reasons.. gathering.. solo pvp/pve..etc.

High Amount of Territories Penalties: I would like to understand this better, what kind of penalties do you have in mind that wouldn't demotivated guilds from trying to conquer the map?

Nuking Anglia: Please can you expand on this one, I am not sure what you envision with this?

Repairing BM's risk vs reward: Afaik they have been balanced in cooperation with players from the community, would be good to know if a lot of players are still unhappy with this.

Wipe: I'm gonna be that 'guy', although I understand why certain players would like to have something like this, without making that clear from the start I don't believe a complete wipe of progress is something that would take place in the way you imagine. Are there really no alternatives that would be acceptable that doesn't fracture the community.. hmmm...

Arena improvements: Heard lots of ideas for improvements to existing features in the game, I always share the feedback to the devs that you guys would like to see more iteration on them. That goes for HGs too.

Mount Abilities: Thank you for sharing so many great ability ideas here, there might be a reward upcoming.. that is connected to those that monthly reward system.. that includes something like that.. maybe all these ideas can be looked at by the guys taking care of those rewards.. ;)

Solo Faction Warfare: Really interesting idea to create some soloable (maybe that's not a word but it should be) mini bosses in the royal OW, if I understand correctly the 200% buff would mean that players attacking them alone would have an easier time?. Just as a sidenote, creating new bosses, with new abilities does take quite some dev time, conception, rigging, graphical effects, balancing and sound etc. so this always has to be taken into considering when developing a new mob or boss.

Green Dungeon Labyrinth: Again it's nice to hear a suggestion geared towards solo players interested in 1v1 combat. I was checking up on that thread you're mentioning recently, it was a bit before my time here but I am interested to understand if this is still something many players would want - generally we have to be very considerate when splitting players up in new levels, it's difficult to know how often you would encounter an enemy, thus getting that feeling from the players is important since they are the ones that would create the content here :)

Dragons Peak: I have to say, that idea is very intriguing indeed! Some of the points I think are really exciting, the fact it would include something really epic specially for our crafters, that this would be very difficult to obtain and would take a lot of effort and coordination, that the ultimate boss would be so strong and would be very difficult to take down, which as you said would make for some potentially unforgettable experiences.
      Only thing, do you think splitting and fragmenting the player base would be a good idea with the instance, could you give me a good reason to do that? Why couldn't this be included somewhere in the existing map?

Alrighty, I hope that this gives you some food for thought, there are some neat ideas here I will be sure to forward it and following discussion to our devs

Again, would love to hear what opinions and constructive feedback other guys have here.

- Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • Evoque schrieb:

High Amount of Territories Penalties: I would like to understand this better, what kind of penalties do you have in mind that wouldn't demotivated guilds from trying to conquer the map?
      I was thinking about it for good half an hour, and I need to say one thing - I dont see any perfect way to "ballance" guilds that holds big amount of territoris. You could reduce the snowball effect by reducing resources amount, or siphoned mages energy from territories - but this will only lead to guilds making sub guilds that will be fighting as being one guild. For now - I dont see a good way out of this situation, maybe with time I will find something.

Evoque schrieb:

Nuking Anglia: Please can you expand on this one, I am not sure what you envision with this?
      This idea was in my head for some time now, and I indeed need to say that this is something that many would not like to see, but this could be as follow: Albion Cataclysm occured, and half of Anglia got destroyed (west part). Thanks to powerfull mage, territories are almost untouched, and you are able to teleport to territories that you own. Your still able to fight over territories, but your not able to travel through destroyed lands.

This idea was directly connect to labirynth suggestions, and that fallen part of Anglia went under the ground, showing forgetten labirynths that your able to explore (just green dungeon "rework", but in other form). Duo to this event, Ancient Dragon awaken from sleep, which is direct connection to Dragons Peek idea, but in other part of map.

Im this type of player that can feel less players are playing the game in open world, and this could in somekind force Anglia players to play on maps they wasnt in the past, and also the "alive" part of Anglia could be way more active thanks to that Cataclysm.

Evoque schrieb:

Repairing BM's risk vs reward: Afaik they have been balanced in cooperation with players from the community, would be good to know if a lot of players are still unhappy with this.
      I know that this ballance was done with help of other players, but I need to say that currently BM's are just ... useless. Im the person that bought Venom Basilisk, and still have it - but I havent used it for good 2 months now, because Risk vs Reward is for sure not done right. You dont need to make BM's better in sense that they will have bigger impact on ZvZ, but rather how big chances you have to survive the fight, because I think that "risk" part is where biggest problem is. I writed that adding CC immune could be a good option, as that your ZvZ impact could a little bit better, and your survivability could go way higher when it comes to moment you need to run for your life.

Evoque schrieb:

Wipe: I'm gonna be that 'guy', although I understand why certain players would like to have something like this, without making that clear from the start I don't believe a complete wipe of progress is something that would take place in the way you imagine. Are there really no alternatives that would be acceptable that doesn't fracture the community.. hmmm...
      I remember first days of realese - there were so many emotions when it comes to first GvG's, Home Building, HG's and more. Up there in Blue Army, we have a lot of players thinking that wipe is good option for the game, with me including - but of course thats our PoV as players that are mostly true veterans of the game. This is sandbox game, and community trully is in big numbers on both sides - one saying wipe could be good, and other telling oposite - I think that everything here depends mostly on what you are doing in game, and how long you been there. Are there any good alternatives? I guess not. Atlaa... nah.. : (

Evoque schrieb:

Green Dungeon Labyrinth: Again it's nice to hear a suggestion geared towards solo players interested in 1v1 combat. I was checking up on that thread you're mentioning recently, it was a bit before my time here but I am interested to understand if this is still something many players would want - generally we have to be very considerate when splitting players up in new levels, it's difficult to know how often you would encounter an enemy, thus getting that feeling from the players is important since they are the ones that would create the content here
      I need to say that past idea of it was pretty nice, as it creates very good 1v1 content, which also includes PvE, which pretty much resulted in very well ended poll that said players would pretty much love to see this coming. When it comes to splitting the playerbase here - I would rather said that this is "safe" option, as that in my opinion it will be first true 1v1 content in game, and in my opinion it could be mostly the place that players come to if they want some fight, and also some fame. Im ZvZ player, and im currently playing only few times a week because after playing this game for so long, it feels mostly boring (PvE part of game) - but PvP is something that is unique every time you find another oponent, so I would love to use labirynths as feature to kill some time if I would like to, and a lot of players could use it because of similar reasons.

Evoque schrieb:

Dragons Peak: I have to say, that idea is very intriguing indeed! Some of the points I think are really exciting, the fact it would include something really epic specially for our crafters, that this would be very difficult to obtain and would take a lot of effort and coordination, that the ultimate boss would be so strong and would be very difficult to take down, which as you said would make for some potentially unforgettable experiences.
      Only thing, do you think splitting and fragmenting the player base would be a good idea, could you give me a good reason to do that? Why couldn't this be included somewhere in the existing map?
      Im not sure what you mean by part about splitting the player base. The part about forging key by crafter, and need to find key fragments thanks to killing world bosses by fame farm groups is something that bring a lot of interaction, and it could result in dramas, but whatever will happen to key fragments and key itself - there is only one destiny path it can end up on - opening gate to Dragons Peak for X hours. This location cannot be located on current map, and it cannot be entered by everyone as they wish, as it removes a part for Fame Farm groups that like PvE, and part for Crafters, that need to hold their emotion and dont betray other players that asked for the key craft. Even if someone will sell fragments or the key, someone will end up with opening the gate. If battle arena will be separete location, it will make players more excited about willing to be there, and see how this unique location looks like!

I dont hide that drama is big part of Albion in hardcore part of game, and seeing drama about key or key fragments could also result in memorable experience!

I think that this is best idea I created so far, and I have one thing here that I missed in normal post - you know - im not playing World of Warcraft, but I often hear on Youtube about very good players killing bosses that are nearly impossible to kill, and I need to say that I love to see videos of it, and it makes me interested about this game. Same could goes for Albion, but remember that we are upgrading the amount of players that you need in order to kill the boss - thanks to amazing optimalization of game, we can allow most of players that are willing to fight, to actually be a part of boss killing, and this could be great event on not only the scale of game, but also other game players, because if they will hear that, lets say 200 players that united together killed crazy hard boss after x time of trying, this could be something that will even result in more players beeing interested in game, and even more players actually playing it - but remember, developers will need to bring this level of hardness all the way to top, and wish luck to players that one day they will result in killing this boss. I like this idea a lot.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von DuendeBrek ()

• I'll just chime in on the Big Alliance Penalties discussion. I believe Alliances in general are good (like you said, players will create make shift alliances or NAPs anyway), but there needs to be a cap, for certain. 3 Guilds per Alliance makes the most sense. This change alone would reinvigorate the black zone and open world pvp in general.

Having 3 Guilds per Alliance, and other necessary improvements such as the Loyalty system about to be implemented, and some form of timer/penalty for leaving the Alliance. I say leaving the Alliance, because people should be allowed to hop within the 3 guilds should they find a better fit in another guild within the Alliance, but if they wish to leave the Alliance all together there needs to be at least a 48-hour timer before they can join another Alliance. This would stop guild hoping and we need a way to create more loyalty, trust and friendships within our guilds/alliances and their progress for the loyalty system should be reset to 0%, if leaving the Alliance.

What about Merc Teams?! There needs to be a system that would allow a Merc Team to be paid through in-game UI for their services, but cannot fight against a previously paid Alliance, for a time determined by the UI, that the Alliance and Merc Team agree to. For example: Alliance X, pays Merc Team Y to fight for Territory Z, the sum of 20 million silver with a 5 day restriction from being able to attack said Alliance.

I'd personally like to see a longer duration forced, but allowing the Alliance and the Merc Team to decide the duration makes the most sense.
    • Undert0w schrieb:

What about Merc Teams?! There needs to be a system that would allow a Merc Team to be paid through in-game UI for their services, but cannot fight against a previously paid Alliance, for a time determined by the UI, that the Alliance and Merc Team agree to. For example: Alliance X, pays Merc Team Y to fight for Territory Z, the sum of 20 million silver with a 5 day restriction from being able to attack said Alliance.

As I remember correctly, right now there is a system that if you invite someone to GvG, and you have specific guild rank - you are able to give this person silver for either participation, or winned GvG. Noone is just really using it .