Offhand Cooldown Modifier isn't reducing correctly

• Offhand Cooldown Modifier isn't reducing correctly

I dont believe the offhand cooldown modifier is actually reducing the cooldown based on item power.

imgur.com/a/sLXJUpL

In this picture the top portion shows no offhand and the cooldown time is 2 seconds.

In the lower picture the t8 torch is equipped where it shows it should have an 8.2% cooldown reduction but the inventory detail stats screen only shows 7.6%.

The tooltip shows the actual cooldown is 1.85 seconds which is also 7.6%: (2 * (1-0.076)) = 1.848 = 1.85 instead of the 8.2% cooldown of 1.84: (2 * (1-0.082) = 1.836 = 1.84

Thats trivial in this example but for larger cooldowns this could be more meaningful. At the very least the item stats and detailed stats don't make any sense.
    • here is a clearer example using a 7.1 mistcaller and the cooldown on a merc jacket bloodlust

imgur.com/a/2j2fsv1

Source Code

1. Base Cooldown Time = 60 seconds
      2. What cooldown should be based on detailed info with a 14% reduction
      3. (1-0.14) * 60 = 51.6 seconds
      4. What cooldown should be based on item info with a 16% reduction
      5. (1-0.16) * 60 = 50.4 seconds
      6. Actual Tooltip value shows 51.76 seconds

Something is definitely not correct here. 1.2 seconds could be a big deal in a close battle.
    • I believe the calculation is wrong in that cooldown modifier makes cooldowns go faster. not reduce the cooldown.
      as example, lets say a cooldown is 60 seconds like you calculated with. it regens at a speed of 1/60th cd per second.
      Now what the difference is here is that the 60 is not reduced but rather the 1 is increased.
      This gives us a regen of 1.16/60th cd per second. making the total cd time 60/1.16 = 51.72s which is very close to the value you experienced and can be explained by the actual item having more decimals that aren't shown on the tooltip.

I can't confirm this is how it works but it seems very likely.
    • Lars024 wrote:

I believe the calculation is wrong in that cooldown modifier makes cooldowns go faster. not reduce the cooldown.
      as example, lets say a cooldown is 60 seconds like you calculated with. it regens at a speed of 1/60th cd per second.
      Now what the difference is here is that the 60 is not reduced but rather the 1 is increased.
      This gives us a regen of 1.16/60th cd per second. making the total cd time 60/1.16 = 51.72s which is very close to the value you experienced and can be explained by the actual item having more decimals that aren't shown on the tooltip.

I can't confirm this is how it works but it seems very likely.
      Interesting that math makes sense then, in which case the detailed stats display is just showing an incorrect value which is just cosmetic.