Swords crossed on faction bosses for way to long.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• So.
      How it's supposed to work and how it also did work when I tested it a few minutes ago:
      The crossed swords appear every time a player has aggro (can be guards or the boss itself). They disappear if there's nobody on the guards or bosses aggro list.
      BUT: The crossed swords are also there if the boss was killed but the outpost wasn't captured by another faction yet. This was done because you can basically still deny someones capture similar to the Arena.
      So if someone killed the boss without standing in the circle for a few seconds, the swords will stay there until the boss resets. And that can take some time. I'd have to check the actual values but I believe they are around 30 minutes or so.
      Therefore it's actually not a bug, working as intended and therefore correctly flagged.
      We could see if we could implement a check after a certain time frame that would disable the crossed swords again but that creates another communication problem: if the swords are there, everybody would assume that there's a boss waiting but there won't be.
      So either way we're creating a misleading communication.
      The only good way I see to solve this is by creating another icon indicating a capturable outpost and another trigger after someone has killed the boss to display it.

Would that be something you'd like to see after having this information?

By the way: If it's not behaving like I described, then obviously it is actually bugged but I don't believe so after having it tested myself.

- Lino
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

No. I think the method that you have currently implemented is solid. TL;DR - Crossed swords are either aggro'd mobs or available for claiming. Right?

I'm going to test some scenarios tonight regarding aggro and crossed swords. I believe your testing, but I think there's some loose ends somewhere. Hopefully I'll be incorrect. Thanks for the response.
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

So.
      How it's supposed to work and how it also did work when I tested it a few minutes ago:
      The crossed swords appear every time a player has aggro (can be guards or the boss itself). They disappear if there's nobody on the guards or bosses aggro list.
      BUT: The crossed swords are also there if the boss was killed but the outpost wasn't captured by another faction yet. This was done because you can basically still deny someones capture similar to the Arena.
      So if someone killed the boss without standing in the circle for a few seconds, the swords will stay there until the boss resets. And that can take some time. I'd have to check the actual values but I believe they are around 30 minutes or so.
      Therefore it's actually not a bug, working as intended and therefore correctly flagged.
      We could see if we could implement a check after a certain time frame that would disable the crossed swords again but that creates another communication problem: if the swords are there, everybody would assume that there's a boss waiting but there won't be.
      So either way we're creating a misleading communication.
      The only good way I see to solve this is by creating another icon indicating a capturable outpost and another trigger after someone has killed the boss to display it.

By the way: If it's not behaving like I described, then obviously it is actually bugged but I don't believe so after having it tested myself.

- Lino
      It is not happening like you described. I don't know what exactly causes it, but it is very, very common for faction outposts that appear they are under attack to have full guards up and the faction boss standing. I am almost certain you could log into the live serve right now and find multiple outposts with swords on them, not currently under attack, with the guards just standing there.

This is well known by those of us that run faction warfare, we can usually identify which outposts are "fake news" (as we call it) if there is not a trail of other captured outposts leading up to it.
    • MEATCUP schrieb:

H4n1baL schrieb:

No. I think the method that you have currently implemented is solid. TL;DR - Crossed swords are either aggro'd mobs or available for claiming. Right?

I'm going to test some scenarios tonight regarding aggro and crossed swords. I believe your testing, but I think there's some loose ends somewhere. Hopefully I'll be incorrect. Thanks for the response.
      Not what was stated. Crossed swords mean either what you say or a dead boss at an unclaimed post. So no not just agrroed or available, also dead.
    • I would have the swords trigger only if the boss is being attacked. But people could still trigger it. Except less gatherers running by a guard will have the swords appear. Also the swords to disappear after max 15 minutes. Now it looks like they stay for hours all over the place. Looking at the map i wanted to see swords and players say. oh someones fighting there lets go. Right now you have to look for cooldown timers and then predict where they are going to next. There is half the map in fake swords most of the time.
    • The swords thing has been and still is broken. It need to have a better trigger, or multiple indicators depending on the state of the outpost (guards attacked, boss attacked, boss killed).

Currently, I think it's broken like @MEATCUP said.

I really enjoy going out to a random group and running factions with them.

I really hate running out to an outpost and all the guards are up, the boss is up, and it has been showing swords for the last 10 minutes.

I don't do factions anymore.