Starting a guild with friends - How do we get started?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Starting a guild with friends - How do we get started?

Hlo, we are a bunch of new players that have been playing for about a week or so. We are a small group of friends who play different games together and we decided to give Albion a go.

We've mostly just been derping around in the game exploring, getting horribly ganked and re-gearing.

I was just wondering if you wonderful people had any tips for us that would enhance our experience? :)

Is it mostly about gaining fame early on and advancing through the destiny board? We've run into a few PvP encounters but it seems we can hardly damage our opponents at all in our T4 / T5 gear.
      I'm unable to tell if that's due to our lack of skill, lack of levels in the destiny board or gear level?

Any good tips on what we can do as a guild / smaller group together to gain some fame? We tried a few dungeons out in the Black Lands with elite mobs in them but it's so painfully slow for us since we die on every other pull etc hehe :)

Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated! We are having a good time and i'm just looking for tips that would help everyone in my group have as much fun as possible!
    • If you're dying to mobs, you probably are unaware of the reaver skill in the destiny board. You want to be fighting mobs that match your reaver level.

Once you hit t4 raver, you want to farm in blue zone dungeons. At t5 raver you want a t5 dungeon like snapshaft trough, t6 highbole Glenn, t7 shiftshadow.... Black zone equivellants of these dungeons will give better fame but also pose more risk. You can see the tier of a zone on your world map as a Roman numeral next to the zone name.
    • Hey bud! Welcome to Albion!~

Rather than starting out your own guild initially, you may be better off joining a newby friendly guild with some experience vets who can show you the ropes and help you get started quicker.

I was going to recommend ADHARA but can't find their recruitment thread... have a look through, talk to a few recruiters and try to get into a guild in your time zone, that doesn't have stupid restrictions or requirements (e.g. mandatory war camps each day, > 10% tax, etc.) on new players and are happy to help new starters but most importantly is managed and led by experienced vets.

You will have a bad time if you end up in a newby guild run by newby players - trust me on that!

And if you are in the AU TZ - check out Gank & Bank. We are primarily PVP focused, but have several veteran members with experience from all aspects of the game.
      Albion Online Referral - albiononline.com/?ref=EFGXG2KZQP
      (be sure to register an account when using this link for rewards)
    • Would really like to get in contact with you in-game DBHERazor! I started Albion on steam release and started a new guild from scratch with a few friend in-game. We made a lot of good and bad choices and I think it'd be really cool to talk to you and give you some tips and tricks on starting a guild from scratch in these times of Mega-Alliances and so fourth. :)

IGN: TheBeastZ
      Guild: Deorum Mortis
      Territories in Blackzone: 4
    • -pvp is broken their is a build tool in the albion website

-pve is all about your reaver and picking the right mob to hit first

-gathering is using horses and being careful

-gvg is wayyy too far away, so practice in arenas

-HG are about getting lucky and timing your entry

numbers is king in this game so make friends but protect whatever fun your having at any cost.

CLS Discord

discord.gg/KBRtYpD

CL FREEDOM!!!

tinyurl.com/yam796xd
    • Hey everyone,

Thanks very much for the information provided so far, much appreciated! :)

Zaffington schrieb:

Hey bud! Welcome to Albion!~

Rather than starting out your own guild initially, you may be better off joining a newby friendly guild with some experience vets who can show you the ropes and help you get started quicker.

I was going to recommend ADHARA but can't find their recruitment thread... have a look through, talk to a few recruiters and try to get into a guild in your time zone, that doesn't have stupid restrictions or requirements (e.g. mandatory war camps each day, > 10% tax, etc.) on new players and are happy to help new starters but most importantly is managed and led by experienced vets.

You will have a bad time if you end up in a newby guild run by newby players - trust me on that!

And if you are in the AU TZ - check out Gank & Bank. We are primarily PVP focused, but have several veteran members with experience from all aspects of the game.

I understand that the easiest option here would be for us to join well established guilds but that's not really our style. We like sticking together and doing our best, I have nothing against working together with other guilds or joining an alliance with other guilds but we'd prefer to stay sovereign if at all possible.

Speaking of alliance, what are the benefits to joining an alliance? Are there usually requirements involved etc?

TheBeastZ schrieb:

Would really like to get in contact with you in-game DBHERazor! I started Albion on steam release and started a new guild from scratch with a few friend in-game. We made a lot of good and bad choices and I think it'd be really cool to talk to you and give you some tips and tricks on starting a guild from scratch in these times of Mega-Alliances and so fourth. :)

IGN: TheBeastZ
      Guild: Deorum Mortis
      Territories in Blackzone: 4

Sure thing, i'd be happy to have a chat! Do you have Discord by chance ? Easier to talk that way if we are not online ingame at the same time :)

Any and all other tips / tricks or just general information is greatly appreciated! I've been looking around but lots of the information out there seems to be from about a year ago or so when the game first launched, i'm not sure how up to date some of it is?
    • DBHErazor schrieb:

Hlo, we are a bunch of new players that have been playing for about a week or so. We are a small group of friends who play different games together and we decided to give Albion a go.

We've mostly just been derping around in the game exploring, getting horribly ganked and re-gearing.

I was just wondering if you wonderful people had any tips for us that would enhance our experience? :)

Is it mostly about gaining fame early on and advancing through the destiny board? We've run into a few PvP encounters but it seems we can hardly damage our opponents at all in our T4 / T5 gear.
      I'm unable to tell if that's due to our lack of skill, lack of levels in the destiny board or gear level?

Any good tips on what we can do as a guild / smaller group together to gain some fame? We tried a few dungeons out in the Black Lands with elite mobs in them but it's so painfully slow for us since we die on every other pull etc hehe :)

Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated! We are having a good time and i'm just looking for tips that would help everyone in my group have as much fun as possible!
      First of all good luck in your adventures in game

Regarding Pvp and PVE if you are a group of players it would be wise if at least one of you would be willing to play the role of a TANK ( Plate armor ,Mace or Hammer ( mace is pref for pve ) ) and at least one Healer ( Holy or Nature , Holy better for PVE Nature more mobile for PVP but holy will get some love next patch )

A usual team composition for pve and fame farming is something like below so i suggest you split roles
      1.TANK
      2.HEALER
      3. AOE DPS 1 ( bow/xbow)
      4. AOE DPS 2 fire
      5. AOE DPS 3 frost

for pvp its a bit more complicated as you need more bruisers and not 3 squishy dps ie 1 halberd 1 frost 1 bloodletter etc

if you like ganking in open world daggers and doublebladed staffs are quite nice

The team composition is VERY important in this game and ideally you should all have separate gathering and crafting proffs on alts if you like that side of the game as well

If you have difficulty faming early on do some Expeditions to get enough fame and then move to t5/t6 dungeons or do roaming mobs
    • Valkyrior schrieb:

First of all good luck in your adventures in game
      Regarding Pvp and PVE if you are a group of players it would be wise if at least one of you would be willing to play the role of a TANK ( Plate armor ,Mace or Hammer ( mace is pref for pve ) ) and at least one Healer ( Holy or Nature , Holy better for PVE Nature more mobile for PVP but holy will get some love next patch )

A usual team composition for pve and fame farming is something like below so i suggest you split roles
      1.TANK
      2.HEALER
      3. AOE DPS 1 ( bow/xbow)
      4. AOE DPS 2 fire
      5. AOE DPS 3 frost

for pvp its a bit more complicated as you need more bruisers and not 3 squishy dps ie 1 halberd 1 frost 1 bloodletter etc

if you like ganking in open world daggers and doublebladed staffs are quite nice

The team composition is VERY important in this game and ideally you should all have separate gathering and crafting proffs on alts if you like that side of the game as well

If you have difficulty faming early on do some Expeditions to get enough fame and then move to t5/t6 dungeons or do roaming mobs

Thanks for the great tips! We have been doing quite well just farming some redzone dungeons, we want to get into some HCEs eventually but they seem a bit too hard at the moment, we tried one but failed the time hehe.
      We also tried some Arenas but got horrible stomped, couldn't even kill a single person when we queued as a 5-man team haha. It was like bashing our heads against a brick wall, though granted we did not have a specific PvP setup / comp or anything, we just wanted to get some PvP experience outside of getting ganked in the dungeons or open world :P

Thanks so much for all the responses so far!
    • Sticking to yourselves until t6 or so is probably fine. I highly recommend looking for a beginner friendly guild after that to open up additional content.

There's going to be massive PvP in the upcoming territory reset that highly recommend trying to be a part of. Best way to do that is to get into a beginner friendly guild that is part of one of the major alliances. You can leave an alt as leader of your guild and all go back afterwards if it's not working out.

Some bonus new player/ tips ...

Don't go heavy into crafting right away. Build some initial wealth with gathering and refining first. Crafting can be lucrative at the higher levels, but there is a sizable grinding hurtle at the beginning. You can delve into crafting once you feel like you're not struggling to stay geared. Once you do start crafting, you really need to specialize.

Don't build crafting stations on your personal or guild island. Despite the station tax in cities, you still come out net ahead because of the return rates. No need to sink silver into buildings that only he you back. Houses and guild halls are good to build so that you can get laborers up and running. The various farming plots are also good.