Mercia level gvgers spotted in anglia - solutions.

• POE's teams do infinitely more skrims then GVG's. Skrims allow us to develop a methodology for production of quality GVG teams. Up until the skrims got introduced, all GVG teams came into being not as a product of planning but as a product of flinging sh*t at the wall until something stuck together. Naturally as one of the relatively stronger teams in the game, our team is the QA in our process.

From a planning perspective, teams get deployed based on availability of GVG's in their timezone and the probability they will deliver the desired result. We have multiple teams out on loan or working for RENT in Anglia. Our assets in Cumbria and Mercia haven't been attacked for the last month, and I'd rather keep our training teams skrimming then waste their time on noshow troll-attacks.

The effort required to do something is directly tied to the effectiveness of opposition. Lack of opposition such as we've been seeing for the last month, means that outside of one or two teams on standby we have zero need for any defense and can commit every team to offense to expand to our logistical capacity - which is primarily defined by the ability of gatherers to collect resources and by ability of our PvPers to effectively police the territories.

It's worth saying that considering our mains & alts + a meme triple ranged low-spec team, we are extremely bad at generating alts. Some people like Skuz (who is ironically complaining here) and Mojo had 3+ alts fleshed out and gvg-ready 6+ months ago.

Would you say a game in which you can own 4 castles and teleport across all 3 continents of the BZ in 10 minutes to secure those castles is a sandbox game? What's the real problem for the game's health, a zerg projecting it's presence and power with escalation potential across all 3 continents, or a GVG team doing 2-3 GVGs in a game with 100s of territories and attack paths? I personally think the real problem in the GVG's is the passiveness and inability of our opposition to mount a credible counter-attack that our forces commitment of teams to a front-line.

But thats the sandbox. Our enemies devised a strategy of only defending townplots and letting everything else fall. It's their choice in the sandbox, to try and make teams quit the game out of boredom. I personally don't like it or think that it's gonna work but I respect the choice as legitimate.
    • Concept to shake up GvGs would be having the GvG timers use the concepts like world bosses (Old White etc). If there is no GvG there is no timer change.

Monday: GvG starts at 0400, finishes at 0425.
      Tuesday: GvG starts at 0425, finishes at 0450.

And so on...

This over the course of a season significantly impact the way GvG are fought and is likely to actually change the ownership of territories over a season. As the timers are constantly being pushed later, traditional EU zones become US, US zones become EU etc. Also means some of those niche regions like Australasia can have access to acceptable GvG timers.

I note this concept would require a lot of recoding and the core group of GvG will hate the concept as it changes their routine. But it offers a significant change to how GvG are fought and an opportunity to break-up the timezone dominances exhibited over the last year.
    • Syndic schrieb:

Would you say a game in which you can own 4 castles and teleport across all 3 continents of the BZ in 10 minutes to secure those castles is a sandbox game?
      No absolutely not, it does cripple the ability of small Zerg's to ever set foot into a castle.
      Same as GvG Teams with multiple characters can be wherever they're needed without drawbacks.

I consider both issues very difficult to overcome for new / weaker groups of Players.

Syndic schrieb:

I personally think the real problem in the GVG's is the passiveness and inability of our opposition to mount a credible counter-attack that our forces commitment of teams to a front-line.
      Can't this be said for anyone currently idling in Mercia?
      Except for last reset day, absolutely nothing ever happens.

Can't be coincidence that no one from your surrounding neighbours ever sets foot into your region and vice versa
    • Problem is that when you have good teams, they do alts and can cover a lot of territories (especially if you pay attention to the GvG mechanics since they can allow you a lot of gvg's in a day if you do it well).
      A new team that just got made and goes to blackzone will face >50% of the time one of the teams of the 3 big alliances of this game, meaning they have almost 0 chance, will lose money, lose stuff, and motivation since they will have to fight a way better team everytime. I know that GvG is supposed to be hard to achieve but this blocks completely the system.
      @Syndic you complain about the passiveness and inability of your opposition but you dont let any new possible opposition form up.

PS: you can say what you want about scrims but it doesnt learn one of the most important thing of this game: the fear of death

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Gugusteh ()

• Totally agree with Gugusteh. New teams of smaller, newer guilds cant afford 8.2 overcharged sets like Syndic and his guild do. I appreciate the effort u've put into training and stuff and I do appreciate ur high skills, but poorer guilds are totally blocked from gvging anywhere in black zones, cause there are few experienced and wealth teams that are holding it. It causes snowballing, it has been a while already, probably u just cant stop it anyway.
    • Gruselmonster schrieb:

Syndic schrieb:

Would you say a game in which you can own 4 castles and teleport across all 3 continents of the BZ in 10 minutes to secure those castles is a sandbox game?
      No absolutely not, it does cripple the ability of small Zerg's to ever set foot into a castle.Same as GvG Teams with multiple characters can be wherever they're needed without drawbacks.

I consider both issues very difficult to overcome for new / weaker groups of Players.

Syndic schrieb:

I personally think the real problem in the GVG's is the passiveness and inability of our opposition to mount a credible counter-attack that our forces commitment of teams to a front-line.
      Can't this be said for anyone currently idling in Mercia?Except for last reset day, absolutely nothing ever happens.

Can't be coincidence that no one from your surrounding neighbours ever sets foot into your region and vice versa

There are drawbacks when you're under attack. When you're not under attack and when the enemy noshows you everywhere, then you get a lot of free territories.

We invaded Mercia in May, in 10 days we went from nothing to 6 townplots on Coalition-level. While this was going on, there were very little GVG's happening in the rest of the world. Nobody was attacking POE assets in Cumbria or Anglia, nobody was attacking anything anywhere except us. We could completely stop doing offensive GVG's tomorrow, and focus solely on defense and it wouldn't make a single difference. Guilds in the NA TZ don't have the capacity or desire to push anything because for the most part they're NAP'd up between themselves and they don't want to fight us.

Gugusteh schrieb:

Problem is that when you have good teams, they do alts and can cover a lot of territories (especially if you pay attention to the GvG mechanics since they can allow you a lot of gvg's in a day if you do it well).
      A new team that just got made and goes to blackzone will face >50% of the time one of the teams of the 3 big alliances of this game, meaning they have almost 0 chance, will lose money, lose stuff, and motivation since they will have to fight a way better team everytime. I know that GvG is supposed to be hard to achieve but this blocks completely the system.
      @Syndic you complain about the passiveness and inability of your opposition but you dont let any new possible opposition form up.

PS: you can say what you want about scrims but it doesnt learn one of the most important thing of this game: the fear of death

That's why we spend most of our time hyperproducing teams and grinding them into pulps that we mesh together with other pulps and grind the resulting product into another pulp and so on. Some of our teams do upwards of 20 skrims a day - do the math on the time investment required for that, nevermind the famefarm required for adjustments to comp evolution.

KickinMACHINE schrieb:

Totally agree with Gugusteh. New teams of smaller, newer guilds cant afford 8.2 overcharged sets like Syndic and his guild do. I appreciate the effort u've put into training and stuff and I do appreciate ur high skills, but poorer guilds are totally blocked from gvging anywhere in black zones, cause there are few experienced and wealth teams that are holding it. It causes snowballing, it has been a while already, probably u just cant stop it anyway.

I was arguing against overcharge because I knew that our wallet and stockpile of assets combined with our statistical probability to lose pretty much guaranteed we would be producing more 8.2 gear then we're losing. This fact holds to this day, on the average weekly level we're producing and aquiring enough gear that we can confidently overcharge 8.2 and not care about it. Given enough time, our stockpile of 8.3 will be sufficiently large to afford the same although the production mechanics and average weekly yields don't allow for an indefinite situation of over-supply.