Whispering Bow Rework? thoughts regarding Bow line

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Whispering Bow Rework? thoughts regarding Bow line

Regarding the recent changes on the normal Bow that been posted on NDA, I guess the direction is clear.
      It will stay purge-able E.
      So if we try to combine Explosive Arrows with Enchanted Quiver, both of them purge-able.

I checked many different weapons, couldn't find many wepaons which is being used by the majority of the population that has purge-able E spell.

Whispering Bow has same issue, its E is also purge-able.
      I think we should rework the Whispering Bow to bring something better to the table.

Couple thoughts regarding the other skills the Bow has to Offer.

Deadly Shot - This spell been tweaked so many times, the previous change removed the casting time from it and the Aggressive Caster from the Bow passive.
      Now this skill is casting, but without the Aggressive Caster - that doesn't make any sense, if the plan to keep this skill as-is, bring back Aggressive Caster to the Bows.

Frost Shot - The idea behind this skill is awesome, however due to the fact that the animation is so slow, its not usable at all.
      If the speed was similar to Frost Nova - we actually could use that skill.

Speed Shot - total garbage skill, useless at the moment.
      I couldn't find any proper binding for this skill with any Bow.
      I dont have any proper solution for that one,
      Maybe rework it and give us "Wall of Trees" - similar to fire wall effect?

Passive Piercing Arrows - Not sure when you suppose to pick that passive?
      If i play with Deadly Shot - Its useless.
      If i play with Enchanted Quiver - id rather use Attack Speed.
      I think either the pierce should be increased, or somehow changed.

@Retroman
      CocaDoo
    • the speed shot buff just needs to last longer, or be divided into two buffs in my opinion, because of the following reasons, you initially have to use it to reposition so you have no opportunity to enjoy its benefit of attack speed and even then it really does not have a lot of synergy with deadly shot because the deadly shot debuff duration is so short.
    • I want to have a new W like this:

Decoy; put a clone of the player character which auto-attacks & generates threat, and the player become invisible for 0.5sec.
      the clone may take over the buffs(enchanted quiver/undead arrows)

Tyrannosaurus-rex / Rest in Pieces
      Chill out, Dickwad

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tojuji ()

• If the regular bow gets purged, it becomes useless. One arcane in plate can basically nullify a regular bow and provide way more support and contribution to their team. Regular bow has about the same range as frost/fire for example - both of which can provide consistent damage after being purged.

Devs back at it again with a shitty balance update.
    • Gotcereal schrieb:

If the regular bow gets purged, it becomes useless. One arcane in plate can basically nullify a regular bow and provide way more support and contribution to their team.
      Did you just try to compare the utility of an arcane player, to a bow? Lmfao :rolleyes:

If my brimstone gets stunned it’s useless. if a sword gets purged it becomes useless. if a healer is silenced it’s useless.
      If a hammer stun gets cleansed it’s useless.
      if they use Knight helm my camlanns useless!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von owensssss ()

• owensssss schrieb:

Gotcereal schrieb:

If the regular bow gets purged, it becomes useless. One arcane in plate can basically nullify a regular bow and provide way more support and contribution to their team.
      Did you just try to compare the utility of an arcane player, to a bow? Lmfao :rolleyes:
      If my brimstone gets stunned it’s useless. if a sword gets purged it becomes useless. if a healer is silenced it’s useless.
      If a hammer stun gets cleansed it’s useless.
      if they use Knight helm my camlanns useless!
      another non-bow player speaking out of his ass.

that's a very one-dimensional way of thinking btw. Let me educate you,

if a brimestone gets stunned, he can throw his firewall down, blink away, and spam his Q.
      if a hammer stun gets clensed, well he still managed to get a stun in for .5 sec or whatever the reaction time was not to mention the team has to constantly watch for the stun.

if a bow gets purged of its explosive arrows (W) and enchanted quiver (E), all it has is multishot, deadly shot, poison arrow, and auto attack.. all of which have low damage compared to the competition and about the same range. There are counter plays and there's complete nullification. The damage output the regular bow has without its W and E skills is negligible. This can all be fixed by making the E non-purge-able (among other ways to re-work bow damage output). It's not even a huge buff for the bow.

If the enemy team had a bow, i'd pick arcane with a fiend cowl for double purge + royal plate armor just to fuck with him and his team. Now if i were to do that, a great way to counter would be to simply not play the regular bow lol..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Gotcereal ()

• the E is a 30s uptime skill on a 20s cooldown timer. If you aren’t purged you can have your E up forever. Fiend cowls a 38s cooldown. So you can stfu with about uptime. Hell if a tank is running a build entirely made to counter just you, full of artifact and high IP gear, that’s the point... he chose it to counter you.

You have huge uptime compared to all the things youre comparing yourself to which are nukes. You’re essentially an auto attack machine forever available to put pressure. making it unpurgeable means there’s no counter

Y’all sit in this echo chamber whining while bows dominate openworld, fame groups, solo. it’s the GvG meta that’s keeping bows out, as well as other auto attack weapons.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von owensssss ()

• owensssss schrieb:

the E is a 30s uptime skill on a 20s cooldown timer. If you aren’t purged you can have your E up forever. Fiend cowls a 38s cooldown. So you can stfu with about uptime. Hell if a tank is running a build entirely made to counter just you, full of artifact and high IP gear, that’s the point... he chose it to counter you.

You have huge uptime compared to all the things youre comparing yourself to which are nukes. You’re essentially an auto attack machine forever available to put pressure. making it unpurgeable means there’s no counter

Y’all sit in this echo chamber whining while bows dominate openworld, fame groups, solo. it’s the GvG meta that’s keeping bows out, as well as other auto attack weapons.
      my entire argument was based on the fact that it's purge-able and your counter argument is "if you aren't purged..."

fiend cowl has a long cool down but i said arcane because the W purge has about a 12-15 second cool down..

seriously questioning your intelligence right now.. it's like you're not even trying and you're indeed talking out of your ass

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Gotcereal ()

• No shit Sherlock.

owensssss schrieb:

making it unpurgeable means there’s no counter
      I know you think you’re peak intellect here with your whole inability to read. But if you can’t read we can’t discuss things like how youre unable to grasp what an arcanes role is.

So stay in your Echo Chamber. Might drop in later to trigger your 4iq self.

cya

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von owensssss ()

• "making it unpurgeable means there's no counter"

You counter it like any other decent weapon in the game. Counter the non-purge-able bow by killing him, CC'ing or displacing him when the stacks are high enough. The real damage from the E doesn't come until a few seconds in. The bow will still be able to do its work and the enemy can make efforts to minimize the damage output. This is a huge difference between locking the bow down with purges. The bow itself relies on two purge-able buffs for damage output and doesn't offer enough damage once purged nor does it have the utility like its competition. In other words, purge affects the regular bow way more than any other weapon in the game.

You've failed to properly acknowledge the reasoning that many of us have put forth in this thread. You offered a couple of counter arguments, all of which i've responded to and pointed out its faults.

it's not that i'm triggered, it's that i'm very surprised that some people have trouble following a simple concept and continue to do so when logic and facts are laid out for them. Though i do have to remind myself that this is the internet and that the person behind the other screen could be a 15yr old that's still developing comprehension skills (if that's the case, may i recommend including AP courses in your curriculum? If that's not the case i recommend taking a critical thinking course at a local community college). This will be my last lesson for you.. best of luck to you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Gotcereal ()

• No you haven’t. You never said a word in here before you opened up and cried about how arcane has utility. Don’t act like you were championing anything here before you made a retarded claim about purges then got butt hurt I called out your shit idea. Which I get, I did make you look like an idiot.

Your first words into that discussion was

Gotcereal schrieb:

another non-bow player speaking out of his ass.
      fantastic, then you go on to dismiss everything and claim everything you said is fact. On zero evidence. Another mark of a Echo Chamber moron.

You’ve written more words feverishly scrambling to call me dumb than anything. :D