NERF Guardian Boots / Scholar Cowl

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• NERF Guardian Boots / Scholar Cowl

In view of the upcoming balance changes to Gigantify potions , which i deem reasonable i would suggest that Guardian Boots should also have their duration reduced to 6s down from 8s

I have been encountering more and more guardian boots in small scale pvp and seems like every man and his dog are now playing Guardian Boots with Gigantify Potion and Scholar Cowl

Which brings us to the other problematic item in my opinion

If you Look at the Scholar Cowl and compare it with the Defensive helm of the Plate Line ( Guardian Helmet ) there is a big injustice
      a) Scholar Cowl has 30 secs CD vs Guardian Helm which has 60 secs CD and Hunter Helm which has 45 secs CD
      b) Duration of 8 secs for a 30 CD Spell vs Duration of 7 Secs for a 60 CD spell!
      c) Scholar Cowl only gives Buffs ( Energy Regain / Extra Resists ) where Guardian Helm gives a good Defensive Buff but also Lowers Damage and Heals of someone who does not do good DPS ( since he is wearing Plate )

Pleased to hear your thoughts/feedback
    • Scholar cowl is insanely strong. I wouldn't mind seeing it toned down slightly, but having said that I think a buff to plate helms would add more diversity seeing as how shitty guardian helm is.

In regards to guardian boots I don't really think they are an issue, the movement speed is so slow that you can just kite it out and then they have nothing for 52 seconds.
    • GamepadXY schrieb:

its good at it is bc it only gives a huge amount of armor and not magic resistance so its only strong against physical dmg dealer against mages it nearly doesnt matter if someone activates scholar cowl
      It gives armor and magic resistance as well as an almost guaranteed full energy bar. Yes, it does give more armor than magic resistance but it does give both. It's a little too strong at the moment for a 30 second cd.
    • comparing to Stone Skin is a terrible choice, thats one of the worst and least use spells in the game atm. for a reason, its CD is way to long for its worth

both Guardian boot and helm have a potion that does basically the same thing. so those two will forever be balanced in relation to the potion counterpart. which imo was a terrible consequence of the dev decision.

but yea the effects are a bit too strong for Scholar Cowls CD. you get 3 direct benefits from it.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

GamepadXY schrieb:

its good at it is bc it only gives a huge amount of armor and not magic resistance so its only strong against physical dmg dealer against mages it nearly doesnt matter if someone activates scholar cowl
      It gives armor and magic resistance as well as an almost guaranteed full energy bar. Yes, it does give more armor than magic resistance but it does give both. It's a little too strong at the moment for a 30 second cd.
      i know it gives magic resist too but the amount is rlly like how do i put it its low
    • owensssss schrieb:

comparing to Stone Skin is a terrible choice, thats one of the worst and least use spells in the game atm. for a reason, its CD is way to long for its worth

both Guardian boot and helm have a potion that does basically the same thing. so those two will forever be balanced in relation to the potion counterpart. which imo was a terrible consequence of the dev decision.

but yea the effects are a bit too strong for Scholar Cowls CD. you get 3 direct benefits from it.
      I was trying to hit two birds with one stone... Balance Scholar Cowl and give some Love to Guardian Helm ;)
    • Valkyrior schrieb:

owensssss schrieb:

comparing to Stone Skin is a terrible choice, thats one of the worst and least use spells in the game atm. for a reason, its CD is way to long for its worth

I was trying to hit two birds with one stone... Balance Scholar Cowl and give some Love to Guardian Helm ;)
      Guardian Helm should really get some love ^^
    • Fusionbomb schrieb:

What if Guardian Helm was an aoe buff, affecting up to 5 allies nearby?
      Good idea however Guardian Helm also reduces damage by 30% which im sure the rest of the party would not appreciate :) Kudos for creativity though

Either reducing the CD to 30 secs or amping the duration to 10 secs would be the easier approach while toning down the damage reduction the user does from 30% to 20% or so would be more in line with the design mechanic behind it
    • Valkyrior schrieb:

In view of the upcoming balance changes to Gigantify potions , which i deem reasonable i would suggest that Guardian Boots should also have their duration reduced to 6s down from 8s

I have been encountering more and more guardian boots in small scale pvp and seems like every man and his dog are now playing Guardian Boots with Gigantify Potion and Scholar Cowl

Which brings us to the other problematic item in my opinion

If you Look at the Scholar Cowl and compare it with the Defensive helm of the Plate Line ( Guardian Helmet ) there is a big injustice
      a) Scholar Cowl has 30 secs CD vs Guardian Helm which has 60 secs CD and Hunter Helm which has 45 secs CD
      b) Duration of 8 secs for a 30 CD Spell vs Duration of 7 Secs for a 60 CD spell!
      c) Scholar Cowl only gives Buffs ( Energy Regain / Extra Resists ) where Guardian Helm gives a good Defensive Buff but also Lowers Damage and Heals of someone who does not do good DPS ( since he is wearing Plate )

Pleased to hear your thoughts/feedback
      I do not think either the scholar's cloak or the guard's boot are too strong. They appear in game and already want to nerf, in fact they only appear because other helms need buff.
      1 - If the scholar's cloak does not give this armor, it does not make sense to use, because it is better Energy Regain of all the cloak, or the Druid that is in the area. In fact, those who need change are the soldier's helmet and the guardian's helmet. I remember that the soldier's helmet already had its duration reduced, but in order to be able to return to being balanced its cooldown has to decrease from 30 to 25 sec, or its duration increases to 3s and its cooldown to 40 sec.
      The guardian's helmet needs its cooldown to reduce from 45-35 sec, or increase its damage reduction to 45%
      2- I do not see any problem in the guard's boot, it gives you a good bonus, but it has 60s of cooldown, so it's a huge opening until you can use it again.

Be careful, people ask nerf every time common item appears, let the goal adjust, and there are varieties, if not soon the only items that will work will be the artifact, and the game needs new players and this lack variety will discourage them.
    • I think soldier helm is balanced ( and i use Soldier Helmet ) , Guardian boots and scholar cowl on the other hand need some adjustments... As you said game needs more variety and options and if you see every man and his dog being a mage/healer/dps/tank sporting the same boots that is what kills variety.

They should either reduce the Health Benefit or tone down the duration in line with Gigantify pots... People using both basically have 14 secs where it is pointless to attack them.....