Will Bows be EVER viable for 5v5?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• bows were used in GvGs in the past.
      if you know this game you should know that it goes around a loop of nerfs and buffs, making the meta change all the time.
      while this doesnt mean that bows are coming back to 5vs5, it can make you understand that there will be always a possibility of this happening.
      just post the changes you think bows need and hope for someone in the dev team to agree. thats much about it.
      Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.
    • Silks schrieb:

bows were used in GvGs in the past.
      if you know this game you should know that it goes around a loop of nerfs and buffs, making the meta change all the time.
      while this doesnt mean that bows are coming back to 5vs5, it can make you understand that there will be always a possibility of this happening.
      just post the changes you think bows need and hope for someone in the dev team to agree. thats much about it.
      "were used" is one thing, being viable or being "great again" is what we talking about.
      Bows never been viable in 5v5 since launch.
      Feel free to educate me otherwise.
      CocaDoo
    • gmatagmis schrieb:

TenBaRosh schrieb:

Bows never been viable in 5v5 since launch.
      Eh. Once it was. The first and i believe only town plot with 30% defense bonus was taken by legendary lolfander with whispering bow.But, that is more an exception =)

Silks schrieb:

Snowlz also used bows in GvGs after launch and his team was one of the best teams in the game.

But i could agree with the fact that bows are like claws, designed for the open world.

Parzivaal schrieb:

Frogue one (the guild in the above video) still use bow in GvG. Cant look for a video rn, but can assure you its still played. Its not top tier, thats for sure, but its decent and can be used.
      Again, just because someone at some point gave the Bow a try during couple GvGs doesn't make that weapon valid for 5v5 activity.

Each weapon line, Axe, Sword, Fire, Curse, Arcane, Dagger and so on, at some point, since the launch, was a valid choice for 5v5 activity and had it spot light for 1-2 month MINIMUM.
      For example - for those of you who cant handle it well, Arcane - the Rampage + Judi Armor meta was countered by Arcane Relic, its been used almost by every second team.
      For some period of time. That just an example.

Hence, im saying again, BOW WAS NEVER VIABLE for 5v5 Activity.
      We never ever saw 40%, 30%, 20%, 10% not even 5 % of the teams ruining with a Bow at any period of time.
      We saw Spears.
      We saw Axes.
      We saw Swords.
      We saw Fire, Frost, Arcane and so on.

Never ever happen to the Bow line.

And i am asking again, Will the Bow line ever be viable for 5v5 Activity?
      CocaDoo
    • TenBaRosh schrieb:

And i am asking again, Will the Bow line ever be viable for 5v5 Activity?

@TenBaRosh You can ask as much as you want,it would not change anything , and you will not get an answer on such question - we are not psychics, we cant see the future.

Do this -

Silks schrieb:

bows were used in GvGs in the past.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Youtube/Equart

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Nydiadus () aus folgendem Grund: removed insult

• I hate the word "Meta" it shouldn't be a thing in albion , but they break one weapon to fix others, Then people find another combination and here we go again on the same thing "new meta"

Maybe bows are not in the meta for GVG like is the Crossbows(slightly fading now) giving space for other weapons come to the scene, see that as a rotation.

Equartus is an example of make it happen - using plate and daggers , some would say he is crazy but his idea is being used by others that i saw.

So be like him make it happen some crazy build, find the right composition team that favors that build and success, people will love it.

'Spin to win'
    • Carpazzo schrieb:

I hate the word "Meta" it shouldn't be a thing in albion , but they break one weapon to fix others, Then people find another combination and here we go again on the same thing "new meta"

Maybe bows are not in the meta for GVG like is the Crossbows(slightly fading now) giving space for other weapons come to the scene, see that as a rotation.

Equartus is an example of make it happen - using plate and daggers , some would say he is crazy but his idea is being used by others that i saw.

So be like him make it happen some crazy build, find the right composition team that favors that build and success, people will love it.
      It sounds like you trying to cheer me up.
      "find the right composition team that favors that build and success, people will love it."
      You missing the point, as competitive player you would pick "the best" weapon to fit the composition and role you playing.
      Bow doesn't have that spot yet.
      "Not yet" means from launch, almost a year.

I will not comment regarding the other guy who uses strong language, been reported.
      CocaDoo
    • SBI already said somewhere that their meta is to have no meta.
      But to reach the point where you can simply pick the weapon you like and fight anyone competitively, turning pvp into a matter of skill only, isnt as easy as people think thou.

Regarding bows, they are very strong weapons in OW and making them stronger to fit 5vs5 can affect the OW badly.

So its not just about nerfing and buffing random things, theres much more to think about.
    • TenBaRosh schrieb:

as competitive player you would pick "the best" weapon
      That is what i meant :D , but instead you wait for then to fix the weapon you start your crazy build and show that it is possible and it would be unexpected by the other teams, they always run the same now in order with the meta that is predictable and even boring to watch sometimes.
      That is why I hate the meta, it forces people to go with something that sometimes they don't like just to fit a role. Luckily now we can Re-spec but still.

Before when I left Albion ' October last year' didn't exist Badon , or bear pawns , the meta was Wailing bows or War bow for GVG.
      So they can maybe come back but some player that actually do the GVG's need to be open minded and try something different out of the meta to encourage others to try at least.

'Spin to win'
    • Silks schrieb:

SBI already said somewhere that their meta is to have no meta.
      But to reach the point where you can simply pick the weapon you like and fight anyone competitively, turning pvp into a matter of skill only, isnt as easy as people think thou.

Regarding bows, they are very strong weapons in OW and making them stronger to fit 5vs5 can affect the OW badly.

So its not just about nerfing and buffing random things, theres much more to think about.
      You using that word more then i do, not getting your point.
      Please read again what i wrote and why i used that word in what reference.
      "So its not just about nerfing and buffing random things, theres much more to think about."
      You should work for SBI fam.

Carpazzo schrieb:

TenBaRosh schrieb:

as competitive player you would pick "the best" weapon
      That is what i meant :D , but instead you wait for then to fix the weapon you start your crazy build and show that it is possible and it would be unexpected by the other teams, they always run the same now in order with the meta that is predictable and even boring to watch sometimes.That is why I hate the meta, it forces people to go with something that sometimes they don't like just to fit a role. Luckily now we can Re-spec but still.

Before when I left Albion ' October last year' didn't exist Badon , or bear pawns , the meta was Wailing bows or War bow for GVG.
      So they can maybe come back but some player that actually do the GVG's need to be open minded and try something different out of the meta to encourage others to try at least.
      What?
      Could you rephrase please.
      CocaDoo
    • Yepp
      As a bowplayer i have the same problem

Longbow and whispering bow are easy to interrupt, + long cooldowns --> bows are no "metas"

What happend if the devs change cooldowns, or you can't interupt bows? - good for GvG - bad for the open world

I think they can't make a great change - maybe a better "Q" spell, but thats all they can do.

I play bows since 1 year with masteries of 80/80/100/80 and i want to play GvG and red hell gates.(and of course i want a chance to win).

But i don't see any changes for bows in the future.

**Sigh** LordFischi
    • TenBaRosh schrieb:

You using that word more then i do, not getting your point.Please read again what i wrote and why i used that word in what reference.
      "So its not just about nerfing and buffing random things, theres much more to think about."
      You should work for SBI fam.

you are the one who is not getting my point and im the one who needs to read again? right.
      btw im not your fam and i already work for a better company than SBI, but thanks for your 2 cents.