are alliances & trying to go mobile killing this game?

• are alliances & trying to go mobile killing this game?

Just watched a video why I don't play Albion online thought he was going to bring up claymores jp. But what he says makes sense and my question is how many mobile users actually play Albion would it be better to drop mobile and focus on PC? And imagine how competitive the game would be for you top guys if alliances were dropped. Less zerg maybe. Really think Albion should do polls it seemed to work better than intended on osr.
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • Xceed wrote:

Just watched a video why I don't play Albion online thought he was going to bring up claymores jp. But what he says makes sense and my question is how many mobile users actually play Albion would it be better to drop mobile and focus on PC? And imagine how competitive the game would be for you top guys if alliances were dropped. Less zerg maybe. Really think Albion should do polls it seemed to work better than intended on osr.
    Mobile is where the money's at.
  • postlarval wrote:

Xceed wrote:

I disagree.

Albion Online's development focus from Cross Plattform to PC

"It quickly became clear that our main audience was on PC, because it is a hardcore game. Looking at the market today, I cannot imagine Albion Online competing. It's just not that kind of game, and it's not what we're aiming for. A major thing for us now is mobile as a secondary device for people that are playing on PC.
  • Haha.Gamer.Guy wrote:

no clue what your point is but i like how they integrated the cross platform thing to mobile. i love having the game on the go, just cant ZvZ or do anything combat related with more than 30 or 40 people in a small area.
    The combat in this game as in how the skills are used are extremely mobile friendly and not skilled based
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • Captainrussia wrote:

Xceed wrote:

The combat in this game as in how the skills are used are extremely mobile friendly and not skilled based
    mobile platform friendly?
    What?

Everyone says that its impossible to PVP on mobile devices
    yeah I know it is but that is why combat is designed the way it is now is because it's trying to be mobile friendly. I think if it was just a PC based MMO combat could've been way better and requiremore skill instead of playing rock paper scissors all day
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • Xceed wrote:

yeah I know it is but that is why combat is designed the way it is now is because it's trying to be mobile friendly. I think if it was just a PC based MMO combat could've been way better and requiremore skill instead of playing rock paper scissors all day
    combat is designed for PC. Thats why it doesn't work on mobile. Not the other way around,

Combat is similar (key word "similar", not "exact") to other MOBA games like DOTA/LOL or even Diablo

with over 1000+ gear and skill combinations, there is plenty of skill to go around. Its not like we have 4 classes: a healer a tank and 2 DPS...
  • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

postlarval wrote:

Xceed wrote:

I disagree.
    Albion Online's development focus from Cross Plattform to PC

"It quickly became clear that our main audience was on PC, because it is a hardcore game. Looking at the market today, I cannot imagine Albion Online competing. It's just not that kind of game, and it's not what we're aiming for. A major thing for us now is mobile as a secondary device for people that are playing on PC.
    A PC-only market won't sustain this type of game. It will be dead by 2020 if they drop mobile.
  • tabooshka wrote:

Evas_Flarelight wrote:

A major thing for us now is mobile as a secondary device for people that are playing on PC.
    Which also hinders pc development as game is limited because its features have to support mobile
    To be fair, the game's original development direction was cross-platform. It was a conscious decision from the start. Then they had to adjust to market conditions later on and focus on PC development instead with mobile as secondary device. In that sense, it's PC first then mobile and tablets next. They also mentioned that the Unity Engine alleviates most of the design problems associated with cross-platform development. Source: On Cross-Platform Development

I can see a totally different game if it was originally developed exclusively for the PC, but this is not the case.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

Everyone says that its impossible to PVP on mobile devices.
    I've done some light PvP on my Note 8 with AO and it isn't THAT bad. Might take some practice but as long as your touch screen is responsive you should be ok. Now Pvping on my tablet, that's rough. The awful touchscreen my Asus Zenpad has is part of it, but the size also makes it difficult even though they recommend a 7 inch screen. It wouldn't be bad if the Mobile UI was different, they should probably factor in how there are less input options and work around that. The bar on the right hand side doesn't really help much either lol. if your tablet isn't a galaxy tablet or something high end you might be better off using your phone.
    signature
  • The mobile is pretty awful for combat. Even pve is pretty bad. It was cool for gathering in non pvp zones but those are so neglected there is not much point in them even existing anymore (mainly yellow zones).

It is still good for gathering low tier mats if that's what one calls fun. Optimization is really needed though. It's slow and chunky with all touch screens I have tried.
  • I can tell ya Xceed. You just started. Like literallly a week ago

And you’ve bombarded this forum with massive game altering “changes” when you have exactly 0 experience.

Plz, you don’t have much of anything, from experience to clout, to even justify your assertions.

As far as I can tell you’d rather have the game change for you than even attempt to learn or adapt. which kinda goes back the OG thread where you complained that swords should change cause “I spent 3k gold this week and I play swords in every game” which seems more and more tru as I read your posts

The post was edited 1 time, last by owensssss ().

• owensssss wrote:

I can tell ya Xceed. You just started. Like literallly a week ago

And you’ve bombarded this forum with massive game altering “changes” when you have exactly 0 experience.

Plz, you don’t have much of anything, from experience to clout, to even justify your assertions.

As far as I can tell you’d rather have the game change for you than even attempt to learn or adapt. which kinda goes back the OG thread where you complained that swords should change cause “I spent 3k gold this week and I play swords in every game” which seems more and more tru as I read your posts
    this ^
  • Alliances are not killing the game.

The game is being killed becouse this game is mostly attractive to gankers, small 1-3 people that want to roam and kill solo players with no risk. As soon as bigger group show up they run away. Giving them almost no risk with high reward.

But then the counter to that is to join guild and big alliance that can organise very fast in the areas controlled by this alliance,

Making the life of the solo gankers very hard and misserable so they go and complain non stop that this game is zerg whatever...

But you know what the ZvZ fights is the fun in this game, you can have your structured 2v2 and 5v5 HGs if you want to but the majority of the playerbase don't want risk and fair fights they just want to go and kill solo players.

Also the PvE is quite boring and repetitive, GvGs are hard to get into becouse it is mostly 1-2 teams per alliance doing all the GvGs, If you look at PoE one of the largest alliances in this game they basicly have 1 team that does 90% of their GvGs the other 10% are their second team and OOF alliance teams.

Same goes for OOF they have 1-2 teams and PoE main team do some GvGs for them.

This mean if you want to get into GvGs you gonna face teams that are being GvGing 5-10 GvGs per day for months,

And the gatherer/crafter life of albion is boring as hell, And latest patch made things even worse as mid tier resource got so rare that you can't even refine the resources you gathered...
  • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

postlarval wrote:

A PC-only market won't sustain this type of game. It will be dead by 2020 if they drop mobile.
    Do you have any data or information to support this claim? Like sales, subscription and financial figures for starters?
    Albion Online's Playstore and IOS versions aren't even officially supported yet and the game is doing fine now.
    What makes this game far better than any other PC-only game? Nothing. It's just another run-of-the-mill PvP gankfest. The only thing AO has going for it is being cross-platform and the ability play everywhere. Take that away and what makes AO stand out from all the other PC-only games? Again, nothing. There are far better games to waste time in. Why would SI take away the one edge they have over other games?
  • postlarval wrote:

What makes this game far better than any other PC-only game? Nothing. It's just another run-of-the-mill PvP gankfest.
    Lol nothing? Its one of the better full loot PVP MMOs out there... and full loot tend to be a rare sight anyway...

postlarval wrote:

Take that away and what makes AO stand out from all the other PC-only games? Again, nothing.
    its a one of a kind game with very deep economy, deep PVP (not just the token 4 classes), lots of gear skill and things to do...

postlarval wrote:

There are far better games to waste time in.
    Oh please do tell. And they have to be full loot PVP remember! With good economy!