State of the game - Game Analysis Video Discussion

• Ah yea. The OG of this thread happened on reddit a few weeks ago,

imo he only hits it from the small guild perspective and has next to zero experience in anything but a small guild. so the entire video comes from that lense, and all his perspectives and topics get warped by it. That’s why so much of the vid is him complaining about the Reputation system.

So yea it’s valid, if you want to try to play the game in a “by the boot straps” sort of style where you and 10 pple pretend you can compete evenly with seasoned 300 man guilds in openworld events.
  • There's a fame barrier in this game. If you are below 10 or 20 million mob fame, then I just feel bad for you. If you are above 10 million mob fame, preferably 20, then you can simply join a strong guild or alliance.

The main contention that a noob should have against Albion Online, is the mob fame gap. It would be very tough for new players to fame-farm and reach 10 million mob fame. Since most of the powerful guilds and alliance control and lock-down BZ fame-farm dungeons very strongly.

Players under 10 million mob fame should have a 100% fame boost while farming in Royal Zones. That's my opinion on this matter.
  • I've seen the same video a couple of weeks before in Reddit and here in the forum, New Video Review of Albion Online.

He pretty much mentions that it's his opinion when he last played the game, which explains the limited view on a lot of things.

Xceed wrote:

After watching this it sounds like alliances and trying to make it cross platform is killing the game
    I'm on the fence with the Alliances part, however the developers have already shifted focus of Albion Online's development to PC.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: added a link ().

• Evas_Flarelight wrote:

I've seen the same video a couple of weeks before in Reddit and here in the forum, New Video Review of Albion Online.

He pretty much mentions that it's his opinion when he last played the game, which explains the limited view on a lot of things.

Xceed wrote:

After watching this it sounds like alliances and trying to make it cross platform is killing the game
    I'm on the fence with the Alliances part, however the developers have already shifted focus of Albion Online's development to PC.
    do you think they should change combat a little bit to reflect that or keep it the same?
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • Xceed wrote:

Evas_Flarelight wrote:

I've seen the same video a couple of weeks before in Reddit and here in the forum, New Video Review of Albion Online.

Xceed wrote:

do you think they should change combat a little bit to reflect that or keep it the same?
    I think we're seeing more PC related updates as compared to the Android and IOS versions. Standtime for weapons are getting balanced and swords are also getting some much needed attention. The Devs did mention that there will be a major patch for weapon balance coming soon(tm). I'm speculating that it might come out with the last major update for this year.