remove purge or make sword stacks immune to purge @sbi

• remove purge or make sword stacks immune to purge @sbi

purge is just a ridiculous spell are gvgs supposed to be seen in the competitive light? If so there is no competitive game that I know of that has purge such a simple and easy counter to swords. There is so many counters to sword stacking in this game going invis,stuns, running and silence. Purging shouldn't be added to the list. Makes claymores E useless af. I've literally only seen one other person use claymores since I started playing and I shouldn't have to switch off the weapon I've always loved in every game just to compete with the meta because at the end of the day I pay to play and have bought at least 3500 gold this month plus a membership probably bought more than that but I'm just saying fix it. Played arena got purged the whole entire time 4vs5. Maybe I'm being selfish still new at the game I'll quit before I stop using what I love to use before I join the meta.
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • Xceed wrote:

I've literally only seen one other person use claymores since I started playing and I shouldn't have to switch off the weapon I've always loved in every game just to compete with the meta because at the end of the day I pay to play and have bought at least 3500 gold this month plus a membership probably bought more than that but I'm just saying fix it. Played arena got purged the whole entire time 4vs5. Maybe I'm being selfish still new at the game I'll quit before I stop using what I love to use before I join the meta.
    “I only play swords in every game and I refuse to adapt. Devs should change the game for me”
  • owensssss wrote:

Xceed wrote:

I've literally only seen one other person use claymores since I started playing and I shouldn't have to switch off the weapon I've always loved in every game just to compete with the meta because at the end of the day I pay to play and have bought at least 3500 gold this month plus a membership probably bought more than that but I'm just saying fix it. Played arena got purged the whole entire time 4vs5. Maybe I'm being selfish still new at the game I'll quit before I stop using what I love to use before I join the meta.
    “I only play swords in every game and I refuse to adapt. Devs should change the game for me”
    it definitely sounds like that but alot of people are complaining as well and it's obviously a problem. And the change just isn't for me it's for everyone rather complain on the small chance someone actually important seeing this and maybe rethinking how something's work rather than staying quite and just quitting like many probably have before I started playing
    XCEED THE BERSERKER

• owensssss wrote:

Yes as you’d see they’re fixing it. Not removing purges

Not listening to someone who used their dumped money as a justification
    seen what they were planning on changing days before I made this thread and the change isn't going to fix anything adding range to E isn't going to change the problem with E adding a stack by using W isn't going to change the problem with swords because it's still easily countered with one spell purge which will make still make swords useless. And I didn't use the money I invested into this game for justification I used the point that no one using the weapon as justification. And if you are not listening why are you reading quoting and replying kinda sounds like you are. But it's all good
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • Xceed wrote:

I didn't use the money I invested into this game for justification

Xceed wrote:

I shouldn't have to switch off the weapon I've always loved in every game just to compete with the meta because at the end of the day I pay to play and have bought at least 3500 gold this month plus a membership probably bought more than that but I'm just saying fix it.
    Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
    T7 Fishing

700 Holy Spec
  • And to add to this thread let's look at other weapons like I said I am new to this game I get my experience from dueling and arenas which I do alot.

Bows high mobility really good burst and a root on top of that. Now what one skill in the game is going to stop that weapons usefulness in any situation? Stun yeah for a second if you catch them but when stun duration is up but if they are still alive they can continue like nothing happened. Same with silence and everything else. I can keep going on and break down every weapon in this game compared to claymores but what I'm trying to get at purge shouldn't be in the game or sword stacks shouldn't be able to be purged because it's simple and nulifies a whole entire weapon well idk nothing about other swords but claymores are useless at the push of a button.
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • Fusionbomb wrote:

Xceed wrote:

I didn't use the money I invested into this game for justification

Xceed wrote:

I shouldn't have to switch off the weapon I've always loved in every game just to compete with the meta because at the end of the day I pay to play and have bought at least 3500 gold this month plus a membership probably bought more than that but I'm just saying fix it.

ok you got me foot in my mouth didn't mean to come off like that but I did lol. So I apologise for feeling entitled I just love claymores wasn't really thinking just letting my emotions take the wheel. Ops?
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • That’s why you’re getting flak and not a discussion. You can’t open up like that.

But you are right purges on swords has been the plight of them forever. Their incredibly fragile stacking mechanic is the heart of the issue. Not purges.

SBIs response is not in the claymore range buff however but in the addition of heroic charges being granted from new sources. With spells like ironwill and base autoattacks granting heroic charges, maintaining and building stacks is greatly improved. so even if you get purged you can rebuild in under 10s

I think it’ll put swords in a much better spot. tho further buffs to swords are prolly warranted, just not worthwhile until we see how this buff plays out first. If SBI buff too much to fast you they can’t accurately see the effect of each change, so they can’t learn.

Maybe in a month we’ll see changes to the duration of heroic charges or similar buffs that allow them to maintain their stacks in other scenarios.

The post was edited 1 time, last by owensssss ().

• owensssss wrote:

That’s why you’re getting flak and not a discussion. You can’t open up like that.

But you are right purges on swords has been the plight of them forever. Their incredibly fragile stacking mechanic is the heart of the issue. Not purges.

SBIs response is not in the claymore range buff however but in the addition of heroic charges being granted from new sources. With spells like ironwill and base autoattacks granting heroic charges, maintaining and building stacks is greatly improved. so even if you get purged you can rebuild in under 10s

I think it’ll put swords in a much better spot. tho further buffs to swords are prolly warranted, just not worthwhile until we see how this buff plays out first. If SBI buff too much to fast you they can’t accurately see the effect of each change, so they can’t learn.

Maybe in a month we’ll see changes to the duration of heroic charges or similar buffs that allow them to maintain their stacks in other scenarios.
    yea lesson learned coming from consoles to PC kinda learning forum mannerisms and what not definitely ignorant but noted! And yeah guess it's just a wait and see thing appreciate it. If you see me out there dueling come get you some lol.
    XCEED THE BERSERKER
  • All they need to do for swords is just to increase stack duration. Purge is absolutely needed in the game, because without it builds like Mercenary Jacket + Hunter Hood will become even more toxic than they are now. In my opinion Iron WIll should also remove slow effects (but only slows, not any other form of CC) and swords would be in much better place.
  • Hinotama wrote:

All they need to do for swords is just to increase stack duration. Purge is absolutely needed in the game, because without it builds like Mercenary Jacket + Hunter Hood will become even more toxic than they are now. In my opinion Iron WIll should also remove slow effects (but only slows, not any other form of CC) and swords would be in much better place.
    yeah wasn't thinking about the other builds I don't really have an issueswith Hunter hood since it can't reflect charge and I usually go gig when ppl pop Merc Jack and still end up winning duels but idk I see where u coming from.
    XCEED THE BERSERKER