Ray of light is overpowered

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Ray of light is overpowered

An instant cast, ranged root, AoE with high damage output, 10 sec CD and ONLY 26 nrg cost IS overpowered!

Ok, so from a kiting weapon perspective, I understand the need to implement at least one CC on the bow, maybe two. Altought I tough frost shot was already covering that part and was happy with it (I mean a defensive dash + slow is already reasonably good in a single skill combination, right?), I also tought the slowing poison passive was. Well it wasn't enough, apparently.

But we had to take this further, a ranged root, optimally with 8.5 seconds CD. That deals as much damage as the E and no casting time. No wonder it's in the solo ganker meta along with direwolves and direwolves squads everywhere.
      I remember players being excellent already at kiting only with frost arrow and requiring a minimum of skill to land a rewarding skill shot with warbows's E.
      But now it's used only in offensive ends, not defensive like intended (or whatever the guy had in mind when desigining a skill purely of the fact it took lvl 40 to unlock it).

The only way players play anymore now is with focused run, displacement immunity, cleric robe and other running/kitting gear on each part of gear slots because all their DPS needs are suited on a single weapon, wich makes these builds terrible OP as they're well balanced everywhere; Damage burst every 10 secs (yes, minimally W+E = 800 damage), DoTs (just enough to prevent cloaking targets), safe distance trough CCs (slow psn, RoL), CC res/immunity. How do you counter that? No bullshit please.

The major problem is that bow players take for granted (and even forget) their mobility is granted from INSTANT CAST SKILLS, yet some call their weapon underpowered, ask for more CCs/escape?! Stop now please. Do you hear the mages whining about their mobility in the back line?
      The time you don't lose casting is the time you gain moving/kiting. Poison arrow/RoL/magic Arrows, ALL instant.

My suggestions
      1. Increase cooldown from 10 to 15 seconds : It's not meant to secure the warbow's E skill shot or pair with it for one of the biggest range burst, it just removed the skill out of the equation and turned bow users lazy.
      2. Remove damage from the ability OR greatly reduce it (half or more): Why would someone play Frost Shot that has same cooldown, same energy cost, shitty melee range which never hits aggressor player unless being in a very risky position and no damage at all over a RoL?
      3. Reduce Frost Shot CD from 10 to 7-8 secs : You want bow users kiting? Fine, but focus on improving displacement skills rather than overpowering W skills that have more functions than their weapon's E. Frost Shot need some love right now.
      4. Give ray of light a casting time of 0.5 - .75 sec : For all of it's effects combination, this skill makes mages jealous. Why would you play a frost mage when you have some 400+ damage dealing AoE roots ability? That's some mage E right there, with instant cast! I mean Deadly shot, a Q skill, as a casting of 1 second...
      5. A longer delay BEFORE the ray falls in after it's initial cast: THE GUYS IS SHOOTING AN ARROW IN THE STARS AND IT COMES DOWN BACK ON EARTH AS A JESUS BEAM! C'MON, LET IT BUILD UP A LITTLE!

To me, this is a skill that seemed to be justified only by the fact players had to "work hard" hitting lvl 40 mastery to unlock, which I do not agree with at all without regards of the actual strenght of the E skill. Given it's been more than a year game is official, lot's of people are much over 40 mastery.
      Not only that, giving how many T8 bows are now flying over the battlefield in open ganking scene, I suggest people consider why there's no as much other weapon we see being t8 unless it's obvious its just cheap and riskless to play with it from how OP it is.

Cheers and keep comments constructive! :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 43 mal editiert, zuletzt von Skolven ()

• Ill tell you one story...Once i lvled up BOWS to lvl 70 with fame credits - to get arrow of light. Was hunting people with random Heavy,robe,leather armor pieces - i tested almost all setups(from strongest(popular) combination to random brain-dead armor pieces)
      And you know what? With 0 spec on warbow - i was killing people like a monster,it was so easy.It doesn't even matter what armor you use or vs who you are fighting.If you know game mechanic and have solo experience in pvp - warbow is insane and unbalance weapon.
      Youtube/Equart

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Equartus ()

• I actually agree 100% here.

Let's compare to lvl 70 skill on the dagger line to the bow 'ray of light':

• Dagger Pair - Directional skillshot stun/mobility (slower travel time) on a 15 second cooldown providing no damage but short invun period during the travel (if you hit). It also costs about 45 energy and is on a 15 second cooldown.
      • Warbow - Area cast skill shot, short animation tell but otherwise instant cast, on a 10 second cd providing an AOE root and insane damge (if you hit). It only costs about 26 energy and is on a 10 second cooldown.
      What this gives is the ability to pull off a combo with only around 300 damage less (base) than a dagger pair, at range, all whilst rooting the target. All at range, whilst kiting away and keeping stacks of poison on the target. All of this on a 8-10 second cooldown. In comparison the the dagger pair combo of shadow edge and slit throat on a 15 second cooldown.

I do believe the W is on far too low of a cd. Does way too much damage for it being an AOE root skill, and at far to little of an energy cost for the skill. Look at the skills closest counterpart; the royal helmet. Long call down time with an indicator on the ground and a long cooldown. For a W skill this is pretty insane right now.

Check any of the youtube content for warbows seeing them easily kill lower mobility weapons melee or caster... even 1vX. Something has to change.
      Join my stream discord! discord.gg/JFME7xd
    • Why would you choose Royal Helmet for its closet counterpart and not something like Splitting Slash? Similar damage, also a skill shot, is also an AE root.

At most, you could push for a 15 second cooldown on the skill. Any changes beyond that and you'll have to compensate the skill/kit in some other fashion. Larger radius, longer root, etc.
    • Nvs1980 schrieb:

Why would you choose Royal Helmet for its closet counterpart and not something like Splitting Slash? Similar damage, also a skill shot, is also an AE root.

At most, you could push for a 15 second cooldown on the skill. Any changes beyond that and you'll have to compensate the skill/kit in some other fashion. Larger radius, longer root, etc.
      Actually i would make this spell with 20 sec cd - according to its huge AOE damage,instant cast,low standtime animation,and insane range.

Its hard to compare "spliting slash" with "ray of light" it is loosing to all advantages i mentioned above.
      Youtube/Equart

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Equartus ()

• Equartus schrieb:

Nvs1980 schrieb:

Why would you choose Royal Helmet for its closet counterpart and not something like Splitting Slash? Similar damage, also a skill shot, is also an AE root.

Actually i would make this spell with 20 sec cd - according to its huge AOE damage,instant cast,low standtime animation,and insane range.
      But it has a very small radius and a delayed activation time too. I really don't see it needing a change but a 15 second cooldown wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm not sure bows are doing well enough overall to warrant any changes atm though.
    • Nvs1980 schrieb:

Equartus schrieb:

Nvs1980 schrieb:

But it has a very small radius and a delayed activation time too. I really don't see it needing a change but a 15 second cooldown wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm not sure bows are doing well enough overall to warrant any changes atm though.
      I dont know how actually it should be changed - but it is totally need some kind of nerf or a bit rework. When i was playing warbow - i can admit it is much easier to hit people with it and kite. It have better animation,stand-time and landing AOE area ,if you want to compare it with splitting slash @Nvs1980.Even if it is different spells with similar mechanic - splitting slash suck ,if you compare its profitability with "ray of light". Just forget about comparing,we got a fact - Ray of light is too damn strong.
      Ill remind you -

Equartus schrieb:

Ill tell you one story...Once i lvled up BOWS to lvl 70 with fame credits - to get arrow of light. Was hunting people with random Heavy,robe,leather armor pieces - i tested almost all setups(from strongest(popular) combination to random brain-dead armor pieces)
      And you know what? With 0 spec on warbow - i was killing people like a monster,it was so easy.It doesn't even matter what armor you use or vs who you are fighting.If you know game mechanic and have solo experience in pvp - warbow is insane and unbalance weapon.
      You dont believe me? Its not a problem , i think people who play warbows(and do not afraid of game balance) or other solo , or small group players(with high PvP experience) - can admit it is unbalanced. When you can kite melee player it is ok, but when you can kite 2 range heroes - it is not normal.

Time to stop it. Warbows were kings of OW pvp for too long.

P.S ill add one more thing. If someday we will see nerf on Warbows - it will open gates for new ,uncommon builds in open world.
      Youtube/Equart

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Equartus ()

• Well the issue is that, both warbow E and W can be dodged. So, if they miss a couple of shots they die. Also, with the speed shot being nerfed, u can no longer chase players with it. So, its more of a defensive W now. If melee dps don't try to rush in for a kill, they won't get hit by E and W easily. On the other hand, a warbow player needs to be sufficiently skilled and be able to kite properly. Damage on daggers is more than sufficient for a kill if warbow player can't kite.

As per my experience, 80% of dagger and quarter staff players tend to run in straight line + clump together, right into warbow E and W. That's more of unskilled and impatient game-play by melee gankers. Have seen good dagger players dodge the W with dagger dash, and warbow E by kiting around.

P.S. - Bow are already nerfed enough that no one really uses them in GvGs. Only some skilled players confident of kiting around use warbow in open world solo PvP. With earlier nerfs on speed shot, warbow needs support of melee dps for ganking. In comparison every other player is running daggers, at least as the secondary weapon.

I think with the current build, warbow has a important place in ganking groups, but u can never have an all warbow group. U always need melee dps to chase and catch ur target. Nerfing it more, would just make players drop it completely in favor of daggers.
    • EaosAmur schrieb:

if you are running curse there is nothing you can do against warbow, they can ALWAYS stay outside of any meaningful range and always chase you to the end of the earth.
      Well I have never used curse. But I know one solo/ 2-3 men group PvPer who only uses curse, his in-game name is "Deviljim". He has 44 million kill fame/ 8 million death fame. So, I think u may want to check out his play style. U can verify his stats on albiondb.
    • L3golas schrieb:

EaosAmur schrieb:

if you are running curse there is nothing you can do against warbow, they can ALWAYS stay outside of any meaningful range and always chase you to the end of the earth.
      Well I have never used curse. But I know one solo/ 2-3 men group PvPer who only uses curse, his in-game name is "Deviljim". He has 44 million kill fame/ 8 million death fame. So, I think u may want to check out his play style. U can verify his stats on albiondb.
      According what did you type above -

L3golas schrieb:

Well the issue is that, both warbow E and W can be dodged. So, if they miss a couple of shots they die. Also, with the speed shot being nerfed, u can no longer chase players with it. So, its more of a defensive W now. If melee dps don't try to rush in for a kill, they won't get hit by E and W easily. On the other hand, a warbow player needs to be sufficiently skilled and be able to kite properly. Damage on daggers is more than sufficient for a kill if warbow player can't kite.

As per my experience, 80% of dagger and quarter staff players tend to run in straight line + clump together, right into warbow E and W. That's more of unskilled and impatient game-play by melee gankers. Have seen good dagger players dodge the W with dagger dash, and warbow E by kiting around.

P.S. - Bow are already nerfed enough that no one really uses them in GvGs. Only some skilled players confident of kiting around use warbow in open world solo PvP. With earlier nerfs on speed shot, warbow needs support of melee dps for ganking. In comparison every other player is running daggers, at least as the secondary weapon.

I think with the current build, warbow has a important place in ganking groups, but u can never have an all warbow group. U always need melee dps to chase and catch ur target. Nerfing it more, would just make players drop it completely in favor of daggers.
      Giving advises are outside your area of expertise. No offence @L3golas
      Youtube/Equart
    • Khladraven schrieb:

Dagger Pair - Directional skillshot stun/mobility (slower travel time) on a 15 second cooldown providing no damage but short invun period during the travel (if you hit). It also costs about 45 energy and is on a 15 second cooldown.

Warbow - Area cast skill shot, short animation tell but otherwise instant cast, on a 10 second cd providing an AOE root and insane damge (if you hit). It only costs about 26 energy and is on a 10 second cooldown.
      also ray of light is much ,,smoother" then shadow edge. that standtime after miss is horrible.
    • skillazor schrieb:

Khladraven schrieb:

Dagger Pair - Directional skillshot stun/mobility (slower travel time) on a 15 second cooldown providing no damage but short invun period during the travel (if you hit). It also costs about 45 energy and is on a 15 second cooldown.

Warbow - Area cast skill shot, short animation tell but otherwise instant cast, on a 10 second cd providing an AOE root and insane damge (if you hit). It only costs about 26 energy and is on a 10 second cooldown.
      also ray of light is much ,,smoother" then shadow edge. that standtime after miss is horrible.
      And how about stand time in 1.5 sec duration after you use E on daggers?(and im not even counting cast time) ^_^When you cant move, or cast any spell...

Anyway, this thread about "Ray of Light" @Retroman we need some changes
      Youtube/Equart