Mounts favoring ganking meta only, vary up!

• Mounts favoring ganking meta only, vary up!

We've witnessed on numerous posts the actual ganking metas, especailly 2+ direwolves squads against gatherers wich are hopeless for most.
      Now don't use this as a debate forums, I'm not here to hear your stories about how good you are at escaping direwolves but help to counter the currently abused and riskless meta that is to give both speed and damage to the agressor's party whereas the gatherer as no chance to flee once deep (2+ zones away from Carleon portal) from any direwolves mounted squad.

On numerous games, like in EVE as some referred, some ships are hitting harder, but moves slower to compensate, while faster ones hit's less hard, which leads to a good, healthy, balanced meta. This isn't what is happening in albion now, at all. Peoples are giving the fastest mounts with gatling guns, basically. Allowing them to engage or disengage from combat when numbers doesn't turn out in their favors (0 risks factor here), while wearing the best engaging weapon (bloodletters, claws), which can also be used to escape, and on top of that get 100% full damage dealing once the target is dismounted...

There's a huge gap in the defensive abilities given to gatherers leaving an imminent sense of doom when seeing 2-3 direwolves in a 2-3+ deep zone (near boss clusters) in BZ.
      Now don't get me wrong, I'm all in for the risk of farming in BZ, but I can't remember a team of well organized door/blockers with windwall/harpoons getting me well-circled as much as being jumped on by a bloodletter/poison/claw/warbow in direwolves lately. This as gone terribly cheap and riskless for gankers as of now, and let's face it, gathering is a solo activity in Albion, so we're not being very helped from our community devs as of now if you're a gatherer on countering the number/mobility/damage of our agressor.

One of my suggestion, is to change a single variable based on a mount type.
      1) augment the cooldowns of skills and auto-attacks AFTER dismounting from a werewolf/moa from 3 to 6 seconds, forcing these mounts into scouting/non-combat use.
      Anything going above 125% speed is for scouting/interception purposes, so just augment that combat CD and problem solved.

The devs should largely consider elaborating on that "attack time cooldown" based on mount type to solve many, many issues, and also give variety in the game and reinforce the concept of mounts.

Battlemounts (armored horses, boars, etc.) : Upon dismounting a heavily armored mount = lower attack cooldown
      These are for fighting and getting into the action fast.
      Transport mounts (anything favoring a size capacity, like ox, bears): keep same cooldown.
      Scouting/fast mounts (moa, direwolves): raise attack/skill cooldown upon dismounting.
      These are for helping teammates places themselves on the map, favor ambushes and organize, not to engage in combat first like they're actually used!

In addition to suggestion 1, Another
      2) Direwolves/moas/swiftclaws could have an active mount-skill named"Bite"/"Peck", doing very minimal damage to their target (15-20 ish) with 10-15 sec CD, removing their target's gallop, to truly make of them an interceptor class and force players to stay mounted (and disregard their current build) preventing them to 1v1 easy-pz lie they're doing (some wreck your mount by themselves).

EDIT: I had lot's of people saying this option is "op", well people, you haven't seen a squad of wolves + nightmares ganking yet, or firing 5 secs CD AoEs from battlemounts. This option is to make people more useful on their mount, rather than on the ground, and is more an incitative to stay up and avoid going ham on damage like actual PKs do.
      Note that ANY direwolf pk WILL already make you lose your gallop at least once with a poison thus, making it much more damaging and slowing for longer than consider that peck option and eventually letting their teammates catch up anyway.
      Killing a mount with peck/claws is impossible, let's meet halfway here, I don't see what's OP about it.

So please elaborate on what you find makes it OP!

Cheers!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 23 mal editiert, zuletzt von Skolven ()

• Skolven schrieb:

Another of my suggestion (this one would be amazing)
      2) Direwolves and moas could have an active mount-skill named"Bite"/"Peck", doing very minimal damage to their target with 3-4 sec CD and removing their target's gallop or slow them further/reduce resistance/bleed, etc, to truly make of them an interceptor class and force players to hesitate to dismount from them and use them as battle mount (like they're actually used, again), unlike warhorses and the such.
      My god... you people complain about "leap-frogging" on direwolves, but your "amazing" idea is to have them slow you down without even jumping off the mount, instead???
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Sickle/Axe/Skinning Knife
      T7 Pickaxe
      T6 Stone Hammer

90/45/60/30 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb schrieb:

Skolven schrieb:

Another of my suggestion (this one would be amazing)
      2) Direwolves and moas could have an active mount-skill named"Bite"/"Peck", doing very minimal damage to their target with 3-4 sec CD and removing their target's gallop or slow them further/reduce resistance/bleed, etc, to truly make of them an interceptor class and force players to hesitate to dismount from them and use them as battle mount (like they're actually used, again), unlike warhorses and the such.
      My god... you people complain about "leap-frogging" on direwolves, but your "amazing" idea is to have them slow you down without even jumping off the mount, instead???
      If you'd read me correctly instead of just listening to what you want to hear; "very minimal damage", only to make someone lose it's gallop. 40-50 ish damage with 4-5 secs CD, paired with the 6 seconds cooldown if dismounted from from a direwolf, this is more than reasonable (yes you got to shorten the cooldown of attacks/skills after unmounting too).
      Yes, it won't prevent from ganking if a group follow-up, but that's the point, to help out a group secure a kill, rather than doing the job all by itself like they do right now.
      It will mostly strenghten the role as a scout/intereceptor rather than a full-fledged combat rocket that deploys right next to it's target, ready to burst while leap-frogging and kill the mount by itself or at least bring it to 1/2 of it's HP while others in the gank still do their job.

Besides, battlemounts like basilisks/balistas have range ones already, so I really don't see that as op, considered these lighter/interceptor mounts would be melee.

Direwolves/moas/swiftclaws don't need to be nerfed anymore stats wise, devs needs to work their roles to be better defined considered their current use in the meta and let them be more than than a simple combination of speed, weight limit, CC res, armor and HP because in the end; faster = winner, it's not rocket science.

But I figure you think nerfing even more their HP would be a proper solution right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 15 mal editiert, zuletzt von Skolven ()

• Basically it was all posted here:

Is this open world meta acceptable?

The bite/peck ability sounds like it may need some very careful balancing. Otherwise people would "keep biting" (even if its just 1 pt of dmg) to keep gallop off, and other people on direwolves would dismount and still wreck you even with 6 sec skill cooldowns...

Implementing IP reduction across the board - and forcing a player to remove (or swap out) a mount (wolf/moa) as soon as they dismount off a direwolf - creates some smart tactical gameplay. Swapping a mount creates a cooldown on its own (I think its like 10 sec for swapping skills/gear/mounts?)
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo