Is this open world meta acceptable?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• solventh schrieb:

Eternalhaze schrieb:

solventh schrieb:

1. veteran gank packs might fight if they see the numbers are even or the enemies are not too powerful. and the probability of that fight is not so low.
      No. They don't. Only the suicidal or noob gankers will. If numbers aren't 2:1 in their favor they will not even attempt because it's not worth for them when they can just move along and find easy money elsewhere.
      bud, i have been in this condition with my packs, a lotta times. not everyone's first priority is silver in this game. it happens. period. i can prove it so i advice you to not even argue about it.
      Suicidal or noob. I'll let you pick.

Eternalhaze schrieb:

Smart gank groups won't take fights vs a group trying to fight them.
      Just because you don't play smartly, doesn't mean other people won't.
    • An increase to direwolf/moabird aggro range to mobs would be neat, to encourage running near mobs to dismount your attackers, id like to suggest a nerf to speed but thats not the right way, maybe decrease direwolf drop rate/ Make moabirds cost more hearts. for arguably the most sought after mounts in game besides battle mounts, i think you should need t8 breeder to raise the pups, t6 is too easy everyone can raise them currently, or increase amount of time of raising.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Asaroth ()

• Yeah i dont know what a good solution to the problem would be, it just seems moabirds and direwolfs are far too cheap atm with 0 risk, it is impossible to gather/fame in bz with solo or small groups with the direwolf/moabird ganking squads, i wouldnt mind if you could have a 10% chance of escape if you outplay them but currently its more like 1% if you run into the experienced dire gangs, but yeh i dont believe a nerf to speed is necessary just make them require t8 breeder, 3-400k isnt alot to risk when you are virtually untouchable and way too effective at cleaning zones out, id like to see them up around 6-700k for what they do, and yes i can run a direwolf/moa but the low hp / an experienced ganking squad who spread would mean id have to play damn well to escape with no terri.
    • Effecting the price of mounts to make certain mounts more expensive than others is a very bad lvl of control. It leaves the content that you are acknowledging is a problem (since you are trying to fix it that's acknowledging it as a prob) in game and only accessible to the wealthy. Its not a fair system. If its a problem fix it, don't hide it behind money.
    • Theat schrieb:

Asaroth schrieb:

with 0 risk
      You whiners need to get it through your heads that GOOD players kill Dire Wolf mounted players, everyday, sometimes without even using a dire wolf themselves.
      But you can't seem to accept reality, can you?
      I think some people misuse the term "zero risk". While there is risk involved, it's pretty negligible comparative to the amount of money made before dying once.

I don't think it would be much of a problem if there were more reasons to form small groups for activities in the open world, as there would be more people to fight off gank squads. As it stands now gathering is almost entirely a solo activity - whereas in the past when there was no gathering gear, you had to actually fight for the right to gather a node and that encouraged small gather parties.

Also in the recent past you had more people running around zones looking for hellgates, but as things change over time those hellgate groups don't need to look long or far anymore and now there's less of them traveling through zones (not saying it's a good or bad change, just that it is a change).

Give players more things to do in the open world with small parties and there will be more threats to direwolf gankers.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

solventh schrieb:

bud, i have been in this condition with my packs, a lotta times. not everyone's first priority is silver in this game. it happens. period. i can prove it so i advice you to not even argue about it.
      Suicidal or noob. I'll let you pick.

alright, calling awful company gank squads noob/suicidal. you declared yourself with low knowledge in ganking atm.

@GluttonySDS i wanted this to be seen by you. :]
    • Raithe schrieb:

Effecting the price of mounts to make certain mounts more expensive than others is a very bad lvl of control. It leaves the content that you are acknowledging is a problem (since you are trying to fix it that's acknowledging it as a prob) in game and only accessible to the wealthy. Its not a fair system. If its a problem fix it, don't hide it behind money.
      i dont agree.

you can translate it as: "risk more if you wanna kill easier."

then you ll see that not everyone will be tending to risk more.

decrease drop rates on speed mounts and make necessery changes accordingly on the new speed mounts. it s the simplest fix.
    • solventh schrieb:

alright, calling awful company gank squads noob/suicidal. you declared yourself with low knowledge in ganking atm.
      What? Are you okay?

I've played with AC and ganked with them plenty. Quote me on where exactly I called them noobs.

Most of the time they won't take a fight they know they have a possibility of losing (because they are smart). That's not always the case when lint or seek would play and stream, they'd go suicidal more often than not and that's probably because of the streaming aspect of the game (at least for seek - lint's just crazy).

It boils down to the fact that gankers get to choose whether to fight or not, because it is entirely up to them. The solo player doesn't get to decide if he wants to fight and neither does the fight group that's attempting to hunt them down.
    • i m very very okay and have been ganking there for the last 90 days. i dont know how they were before me but there have been enough times that we went for the fight even without "lint."

labelling people noob\suicidal is not a right way, i recommend you to change your scope and i repeat:

some (expert) people sometimes wanna have the action (/fun) instead of saving their asses. you cannot summarize the event like that.

"Suicidal or noob. I'll let you pick."
    • solventh schrieb:

some (expert) people sometimes wanna have the action (/fun) instead of saving their asses.
      I'm not denying that there's a fun aspect to ganking and getting a fight out of it.

What I am saying is that from a cost/benefit analysis it's not worth risking a fight of even numbers when your squad is in less than ideal gear for fighting as well as each person wearing about a mil in gear. Worth meaning you stand to lose more than you stand to gain. Simple economics.

Whether you or your guild can afford to lose sets and wolfs like gumballs depends on how successfully you made your money in the past. Now for AC it's most likely not from territories so we can ascertain ganks have been pretty good. Where you throw your money is outside of my concern but just because you do it, doesn't mean it's what happens in the majority of cases like it. This is what I mean by suicidal, you just have enough money to not give a shit.

Also your whole attempt at "trapping" me and putting words into my mouth by claiming I called AC noobs is extremely off putting and befit of a child.

Praise be.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Eternalhaze ()

• solventh schrieb:

Raithe schrieb:

Effecting the price of mounts to make certain mounts more expensive than others is a very bad lvl of control. It leaves the content that you are acknowledging is a problem (since you are trying to fix it that's acknowledging it as a prob) in game and only accessible to the wealthy. Its not a fair system. If its a problem fix it, don't hide it behind money.
      i dont agree.
      you can translate it as: "risk more if you wanna kill easier."

then you ll see that not everyone will be tending to risk more.

decrease drop rates on speed mounts and make necessery changes accordingly on the new speed mounts. it s the simplest fix.
      simple bit all you need to work around this is money to buy gold to buy silver. Or just lots of gold so you dun care. I would rather not see controlls revolve around what I see as p2w tactics.

I would much rather see it harder for wolves to navigate (increase mob agro for wolves... this as 1 idea). That seems simple enough as a starting balance. Even decreases in mob aggro for non speed mounts. Seems like a level of control that would mean wolf riders need more skill instead of money. Though the two would be going hand in hand of course.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

Also your whole attempt at "trapping" me and putting words into my mouth by claiming I called AC noobs is extremely off putting and befit of a child.

Praise be.
      i m not the one who used those words. fix it on your own entity instead of calling other people's entities "childish."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von solventh ()

• Raithe schrieb:

simple bit all you need to work around this is money to buy gold to buy silver. Or just lots of gold so you dun care. I would rather not see controlls revolve around what I see as p2w tactics.
      I would much rather see it harder for wolves to navigate (increase mob agro for wolves... this as 1 idea). That seems simple enough as a starting balance. Even decreases in mob aggro for non speed mounts. Seems like a level of control that would mean wolf riders need more skill instead of money. Though the two would be going hand in hand of course.
      this is not a multi char gvg like thing to be taken very important by gankers. so i dont think it d happen.
    • Theat schrieb:

Asaroth schrieb:

with 0 risk
      You whiners need to get it through your heads that GOOD players kill Dire Wolf mounted players, everyday, sometimes without even using a dire wolf themselves.
      But you can't seem to accept reality, can you?
      I've killed my fair share of direwolf gankers, but it only works if they decide to take an additional risk and dive into a territory after me. Occasionally out in the open world if you use mobs to your advantage you can take one down with you, but the rest of his squad will still kill you. As someone who also does direwolf squad ganking occassionally, I can't remember the last time I died doing it because I have 100% control over deciding whether or not to take a fight. It's easy to spot baits, and avoid groups with proper ZvZ setups. All the solo players and small groups (2-3) are just free loot for the direwolf squads with no risk.

What I've been arguing is that outside of being near a realmgate or friendly territory you're 100% dead if you're spotted by a direwolf squad and aren't on a fast mount, assuming neither side makes any mistakes. Situations where there's no room for counterplay other than running the same build as the gankers (bloodletter+wolf) are bad for the long term health of the game. People who like solo pvp like the OP and myself, aren't carebears; we just want to be able to roam around the black zones looking for 1v1 and 1v2 fights without having to run bloodletter+wolf just to avoid direwolf squads.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Grimhawke-EB ()

• Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

I've killed my fair share of direwolf gankers, but it only works if they decide to take an additional risk and dive into a territory after me. Occasionally out in the open world if you use mobs to your advantage you can take one down with you, but the rest of his squad will still kill you. As someone who also does direwolf squad ganking occassionally, I can't remember the last time I died doing it because I have 100% control over deciding whether or not to take a fight. It's easy to spot baits, and avoid groups with proper ZvZ setups. All the solo players and small groups (2-3) are just free loot for the direwolf squads with no risk.
      What I've been arguing is that outside of being near a realmgate or friendly territory you're 100% dead if you're spotted by a direwolf squad and aren't on a fast mount, assuming neither side makes any mistakes. Situations where there's no room for counterplay other than running the same build as the gankers (bloodletter+wolf) are bad for the long term health of the game. People who like solo pvp like the OP and myself, aren't carebears; we just want to be able to roam around the black zones looking for 1v1 and 1v2 fights without having to run bloodletter+wolf just to avoid direwolf squads.
      Agreed, i don't mind dying because i got baited. I don't mind dying because someone setup a well planned trap. I do mind dying to something with the only counterplay being to run a bloodletter direwolf myself. Pretty much the main reason i quit pvp'ing in black zones, i could run around get a couple decent fights and then the direwolf squad spots me. I'm now 3 zones from any realmgate and i'm pretty much dead regardless of mount. This isn't skillful or even balanced gameplay and i really hate to see the game go down the direction of 1 or 2 viable open world builds. Luckily royals you can see the amount of reds in a zone and if it's 4+ it's probably a direwolf squad so i simply go pvp elsewhere and atleast get some content i enjoy, however i'm bored of royals and wanna pvp in black zones but i am barred behind my choice of weapon and mount.
    • Grimhawke-EB schrieb:

Theat schrieb:

Asaroth schrieb:

with 0 risk
      You whiners need to get it through your heads that GOOD players kill Dire Wolf mounted players, everyday, sometimes without even using a dire wolf themselves.But you can't seem to accept reality, can you?
      Exactly my point from earlier, you, and a lot of NOOBS / CAREBEARS / WHINERS, want to run around the deep parts of BZ unimpeded, on shitty t4 and t5 mounts.

TOO FLIPPIN BAD!

You, and they, don't deserve to run around in BZ on slow ass mounts and think you're going to get away alive. BZ isn't supposed to be "run around anywhere you want without worry".

You're SUPPOSED TO expect to get your ass kicked and dry-looted, corpse desecrated, the deeper you go into BZ, without an army behind you.