HCE Suggestion

• HCE Suggestion

There is a lot of crying on both sides. Some say there should be more, others say there shouldn’t be any. Many say everything should be open world. Many complaints regarding not enough solo content.

SBI already has many of the subsystems and mechanics to implement my idea below.

First make the maps expire 30 min, 1 hour whatever, but not forever and not sellable on the market.

Make the maps drop in the area appropriate for the Expedition and map level correct for the zone level.

Give bonus fame if you complete in a given timer maybe 2 tiers, super fast or fast.

Allow the map to be started from anywhere and have 3 modes, solo, group or unlimited.

Tune the drop rates to the zone risk as you see fit.

A couple of working example.

Say I’m in a T4 Blue Zone killing roaming keeper mobs solo as I gather and a map drops. I have 1 hour to start the T4 Stone Wars in Solo, Group or Unlimted Mode. I see I have 4 guild members on line and we group up and I start it in Group Mode. We finish super fast (10 min) and get a yyy Fame Bonus. Then we all go back to doing what we are doing.

My guild is fame farming a T8 Black zone dungeon with 9 people. We get a T8 map drop. If we are trying to fame up 1 certain person, maybe they start it in Solo mode or maybe it is our GVG team and we choose to start it in Group mode. In either case the remaining guild members can try to continue farming the dungeon, A out or maybe we just let the map expire.

This moves all HCE iniitiation to the OW, balances risk/reward, provides solo content, using existing systems.

Since this is such a touchy subject, let the flames begin...
  • I really don't understand people absoluetely willing to change the HCE system.
    If we follow your idea it's even worse cause it's easier fame, bigger fame without risk, without good gear, without having to invest consummables ... It's just like removing all the strong points from HCE to keep the "bad ones"

HCE everywhere in the world is just plain bad. "There are PK comming in dungeon oh shit" ... "Hey guys we just got an HCE map let's wait there ..." I won't even start to explain how shit this would be in PVP (let's just go in HCE at the warcamp and surprise attacke them 2 min before timer)

People should finally fucking understand that if you want to make decent HCE, you have to invest in gear, money, time and practice. Hence that means you do OW stuff to get money, or you do market stuff to have the money. You have to make OW stuff to get the gear and the fame to start something decent. And if you start HCE from crap, then you're just loosing so much time compared to OW it's unbelievable.

And last thing, stop taking people like me as an example or an excuse to nerf HCE ... I don't have time to do anything else cause I constantly get PM for HCE. I'm doing HCE all day long hence the big stats. It just seems there is not many decent tank is the game for HCE because again : fame, money, gear, practice before being able to make HCE ...

One day people will understand that the issue isn't HCE but respec système ...
    Melaween
  • Shevarage wrote:

I really don't understand people absoluetely willing to change the HCE system.
    If we follow your idea it's even worse cause it's easier fame, bigger fame without risk, without good gear, without having to invest consummables ... It's just like removing all the strong points from HCE to keep the "bad ones"

HCE everywhere in the world is just plain bad. "There are PK comming in dungeon oh shit" ... "Hey guys we just got an HCE map let's wait there ..." I won't even start to explain how shit this would be in PVP (let's just go in HCE at the warcamp and surprise attacke them 2 min before timer)

People should finally fucking understand that if you want to make decent HCE, you have to invest in gear, money, time and practice. Hence that means you do OW stuff to get money, or you do market stuff to have the money. You have to make OW stuff to get the gear and the fame to start something decent. And if you start HCE from crap, then you're just loosing so much time compared to OW it's unbelievable.

And last thing, stop taking people like me as an example or an excuse to nerf HCE ... I don't have time to do anything else cause I constantly get PM for HCE. I'm doing HCE all day long hence the big stats. It just seems there is not many decent tank is the game for HCE because again : fame, money, gear, practice before being able to make HCE ...

One day people will understand that the issue isn't HCE but respec système ...
    Ok so help me understand your argument.

If all you do is HCE and this is bigger face without risk, good gear, or consumables then you should be saying HELL YA lets do it.

Instead you talk about using it to dodge dungeon divers and complain it would be nerfing HCE.

Make up your mind is it a buff or a nerf. Are you a T4 dungeon diver or HCE runner who never leaves town.
  • Removing HCE, changing to OW, etc... will not make any good for the game. Just look how crowd the game is already on the weekends. The only think I agree: should nerf how lucrative it is.

You guys should already know, those people you call cowards that stay in caerleon doing HCE, will not walk with T8.3 gear to be ganked by you. After dying using T6-7 or even less they will just get frustrated and will just leave the game. When you are killing mobs you will aways be an easy prey.

I don't see so many people doing HG. Because it's a "balanced" fight. You guys don't want pvp, you guys just want to gank some high-end gear.

But here we can draw a line, PVP areas should always be lucrative. So you can make money on those areas gathering, killing mobs or boss... And finaly ganking. That's what factions are all about.

You can't force people to do what they don't want to do.

But, if they play albion, they like the PVP system somehow because that's what albion is all about. There is many other mmorpg with better PVE content, but there isn't (i think) any other game with PvP content like Albion.
  • Nerfing change behavior, but for the worse, as I believe that will cause people to quit.

People on the forum always use the risk/reward argument. For the most part this is accurate, but where I think people are missing the point is that it really all boils down to time.

Fame = Time
    Silver = Time

It does not matter if we are talking about Weapon, Gathering or Crafting skill they all require fame. The more silver you have the faster you can get all of them. Whether that is buying mats to craft, buying tomes, or buying better mounts, bags, food, gear to gather faster an safer.

Players want to feel they are getting rewarded for their effort. If you want to change behavior give buffs not nerfs.

SBI could triple Fame rates on everything and get and keep more players then they have now. To get a healer, dos and tank spec to 400/100 would take hundreds of hours of play even at the best faming spots. That is if you don't craft or gather or PVP.
  • PudimAzul wrote:

You guys should already know, those people you call cowards that stay in caerleon doing HCE, will not walk with T8.3 gear to be ganked by you. After dying using T6-7 or even less they will just get frustrated and will just leave the game.
    If all they do is stay in Carleon doing HCE they have pretty much left the game already, so it would not change much from the gameplay perspective.
    Only diffrence is that they still have subscription going most likely.