Merlyn Patch the amount T4-T5 enchanted resources is far worse than before.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Merlyn Patch the amount T4-T5 enchanted resources is far worse than before.

I have a big concern about the amount of enchanted T4 and T5 resources in the game.

The information below is focused on leather because I am a skinner.

BEFORE THE MERLYN PATCH:
      The number of zones with T4-T5 resources with atleast 12% enchantment rate was 34 (that is mercia and cumbria combined)
      The price for T4.3/T5.3 hide/leather was higher than the price of T6.3 hide/leather.
      It was hard to find enchanted T4 and T5 materials.

AFTER THE MERLYN PATCH:
      The number of zones with T4-T5 resources with atleast 12% enchantment rate is now 12 (only on royal continent).
      The price for T4.3/T5.3 hide/leather is getting even higher than the price of T6.3 hide/leather.
      It is now EVEN HARDER to find enchanted T4 and T5.

What I don't understand:
      How is this considered to be an upgrade from before. From what I understand one of the goals with the Merlyn patch was to make enchanted T4-T5 more available than before. MY MATH TELLS A DIFFERENT STORY. Please explain how this increased the amount of T4-T5?

This will lead to all gear that is .3 will increase in price. Great job making the T4-T5 enchanted more available....

/Akuti

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Akuti ()

• Akuti schrieb:

I have a big concern about the amount of enchanted T4 and T5 resources in the game.

BEFORE THE MERLYN PATCH:
      The number of zones with T4-T5 resources with atleast 12% enchantment rate was 34 (that is mercia and cumbria combined)
      The price for T4.3/T5.3 hide/leather was higher than the price of T6.3 hide/leather.

AFTER THE MERLYN PATCH:
      The number of zones with T4-T5 resources with atleast 12% enchantment rate is now 12 (only on royal continent).
      The price for T4.3/T5.3 hide/leather is getting even higher than the price of T6.3 hide/leather.

What I don't understand:
      How is this considered to be an upgrade from before. From what I understand one of the goals with the Merlyn patch was to make enchanted T4-T5 more available than before. MY MATH TELLS A DIFFERENT STORY. Please explain how this increased the amount of T4-T5?

This will lead to all gear that is .3 will increase in price. Great job making the T4-T5 enchanted more available....

/Akuti
      The only math that stands out is the number of zones, which lends to spread out gathering and allow for more uninterrupted runs. I agree with you in that there is more competition, but we cannot conclusively say that there is less available - only that it is less given a fixed amount of nodes per zone.

Objectively, you would have to prove that the number of nodes has decreased significantly - regardless of zone counts. I also agree that it appears to be less available, but I suspect the difference in total number of nodes is less than you think.
    • It might be too early to tell, but I agree with your general assessment that low level enchanted resources are about to become much more valuable. Prior to the patch you generally had more people gathering in the black zone/traversing areas where .2/.3 low level mats could be found (through portal zones especially). Not only have these been moved to the royal continent, the royal continent zones with the high enchantment rates also have T3 resources in them, taking up a vast majority of potential spawn points for T4/T5 enchanted resources.

I went out to one of these zones to try to gather the low level enchanted materials and found it super painful and non-profitable based on my time spent (Edit: this is due to the over abundance of T3 resources, before if you gathered in a Mercia zone there were significantly more T4/5 enchanted than any of these royal zones). Perhaps after the prices of these resources skyrocket it will become profitable to do so, but as of right now I am of your same mindset that the T5 enchanted mats specifically are going to go way up in price.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Vindrax ()

• MEATCUP schrieb:

Akuti schrieb:

BEFORE THE MERLYN PATCH:

AFTER THE MERLYN PATCH:

What I don't understand:

/Akuti
      The only math that stands out is the number of zones, which lends to spread out gathering and allow for more uninterrupted runs. I agree with you in that there is more competition, but we cannot conclusively say that there is less available - only that it is less given a fixed amount of nodes per zone.
      Objectively, you would have to prove that the number of nodes has decreased significantly - regardless of zone counts. I also agree that it appears to be less available, but I suspect the difference in total number of nodes is less than you think.
      Yes but as Vindrax said there is alot less t4/t5 spawns in the royal zones due to t3 and the fact that they are royal zones. Blackzones have more spawns overall. This just seems like they didn't even stop to think for one second.
    • Hey @Akuti!

Just some information for your specific criticism. The intention of Merlyn was not to make T4/T5 more available. If you read the patch notes (albiononline.com/en/changelog/MERLYN%20UPDATE) you will find this paragraph:

"Resource Redistribution: The distribution of resources by cluster has been changed to emphasize differences between clusters close to Royal cities, as opposed to those in the Outlands.
      • The amount of Tier 4 and 5 resources in the Outlands has been reduced significantly
      • The amount of Tier 4 and 5 resources close to Royal cities has been increased significantly"
      As you can see, the intention was to redistribute the T4 and T5 nodes, not to increase them.
      So far, we're seeing roughly the same amount of T5 being gathered as before the update. We will continue to monitor this and will adjust values if necessary.

- Lino
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Akuti!

Just some information for your specific criticism. The intention of Merlyn was not to make T4/T5 more available. If you read the patch notes (albiononline.com/en/changelog/MERLYN%20UPDATE) you will find this paragraph:

"Resource Redistribution: The distribution of resources by cluster has been changed to emphasize differences between clusters close to Royal cities, as opposed to those in the Outlands.
      • The amount of Tier 4 and 5 resources in the Outlands has been reduced significantly
      • The amount of Tier 4 and 5 resources close to Royal cities has been increased significantly"
      As you can see, the intention was to redistribute the T4 and T5 nodes, not to increase them.
      So far, we're seeing roughly the same amount of T5 being gathered as before the update. We will continue to monitor this and will adjust values if necessary.

- Lino
      Lino ,

Do you really see the same amount of T5 resources being gathered after Merlyn than before Merlyn? What about the amount of enchanted T5? What about T4 and enchanted T4? Right now for most resources being sold out of Caerleon T5 and T4 are more expensive than T6. Shouldn't the game be designed so that as the tier gets higher the cost/rarity gets higher? Right now that is not the case and as you get to higher tiered gear for the most part the cost per IP decreases when it really should increase.

I also don't really understand how this can be possible. With the amount of T4 / T5 resources being replaced with T6 in the Outlands and how there are now less zones to gather the T4 / T5 resources but "more" resources in those zones I can't see how this was balanced out. I gathered in zones in the outlands solely t4 and t5 and now when I gather in the royal zones which should have a similar amount, I get a few hundred less resources per half hour. I get maybe half, if not less of what I got before Merlyn. In the Outlands I had to contend with people attempting to gank me, on the royal continent since Merlyn I have encountered 0 people since the update who are either gathering in my zone or attempting to gank. I should be able to gather more safely now but gather less resources overall.

It seems like most people expected there to be more access to T4 and T5 resources, but a simple look at the map shows that to be impossible. Merlyn has made enchanted and regular tier 4 and tier 5 resources more rare from my experience and the experience of many others. Are we playing the game wrong? Do we collectively not understand how this works? Or is it something else, maybe the changes that came with Merlyn that are too blame?

If you could please explain in further detail how the amount of tier 4 resources and tier 5 resources (enchanted and unenchanted) gathered has changed since the update and how you could say that there is "roughly the same amount of T5 being gathered as before the update", which I view as simply impossible given the geography of the map.

Thank you,
      Efriam
    • Efriam schrieb:

H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Akuti!

- Lino
      Lino ,
      Do you really see the same amount of T5 resources being gathered after Merlyn than before Merlyn? What about the amount of enchanted T5? What about T4 and enchanted T4? Right now for most resources being sold out of Caerleon T5 and T4 are more expensive than T6. Shouldn't the game be designed so that as the tier gets higher the cost/rarity gets higher? Right now that is not the case and as you get to higher tiered gear for the most part the cost per IP decreases when it really should increase.

I also don't really understand how this can be possible. With the amount of T4 / T5 resources being replaced with T6 in the Outlands and how there are now less zones to gather the T4 / T5 resources but "more" resources in those zones I can't see how this was balanced out. I gathered in zones in the outlands solely t4 and t5 and now when I gather in the royal zones which should have a similar amount, I get a few hundred less resources per half hour. I get maybe half, if not less of what I got before Merlyn. In the Outlands I had to contend with people attempting to gank me, on the royal continent since Merlyn I have encountered 0 people since the update who are either gathering in my zone or attempting to gank. I should be able to gather more safely now but gather less resources overall.

It seems like most people expected there to be more access to T4 and T5 resources, but a simple look at the map shows that to be impossible. Merlyn has made enchanted and regular tier 4 and tier 5 resources more rare from my experience and the experience of many others. Are we playing the game wrong? Do we collectively not understand how this works? Or is it something else, maybe the changes that came with Merlyn that are too blame?

If you could please explain in further detail how the amount of tier 4 resources and tier 5 resources (enchanted and unenchanted) gathered has changed since the update and how you could say that there is "roughly the same amount of T5 being gathered as before the update", which I view as simply impossible given the geography of the map.

Thank you,
      Efriam
      This is good. Helps medium guilds and new players to catch up. They need the push to go to the outlands and the outlands guys controlling everything need the T5 just as much as the T8 so they will have to buy more.

If anything, like mentioned, I was expecting the number of nodes being gathered staying the same but the number of resources hitting the marketplace go up,

imo, if T5 can be more expensive or just as expensive than T6 this would be very healthy for the game.
    • Rolu schrieb:

This is good. Helps medium guilds and new players to catch up. They need the push to go to the outlands and the outlands guys controlling everything need the T5 just as much as the T8 so they will have to buy more.
      If anything, like mentioned, I was expecting the number of nodes being gathered staying the same but the number of resources hitting the marketplace go up,

imo, if T5 can be more expensive or just as expensive than T6 this would be very healthy for the game.
      My thought is that intentionally trying to gather T4/T5 enchanted right now is extremely painful. Prior to patch you could at least go to a Mercia zone like GLM or any city plot zone and only find T4/T5 materials. Now your only best option is to go to the royal continent, but the density of T4/T5 enchanted resources are significantly less because of the crazy amounts of T3 in these high enchantment zones. I mean, I intentionally tried on two occasions to go out there and try gathering these low level mats and felt like I was wasting so much time between nodes it wasn't close to worth it.

I would even be fine with T5 being more expensive than T6 and have no problem trying to help newer players. But honestly right now I feel like anyone even trying to get T5 enchanted is going to be a painful process because there doesn't feel like a single good zone to do it.
    • Rolu schrieb:

Efriam schrieb:

H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Akuti!

- Lino
      Lino ,Do you really see the same amount of T5 resources being gathered after Merlyn than before Merlyn? What about the amount of enchanted T5? What about T4 and enchanted T4? Right now for most resources being sold out of Caerleon T5 and T4 are more expensive than T6. Shouldn't the game be designed so that as the tier gets higher the cost/rarity gets higher? Right now that is not the case and as you get to higher tiered gear for the most part the cost per IP decreases when it really should increase.

Thank you,
      Efriam

How does this help people, this only hurts newer players who have to pay more for the same quality gear. How does this help anyone but large established players and guilds who now buy their gear cheaper than new players.

New players get hurt by the lower tiers costing more than the higher tiers. I cannot see how the amount of T4/T5 being gathered is the same or how there can be a similar amount of T4/T5 nodes on the map. The only market trend I can see since Merlyn is that tier 4 and tier 5 equipment have gotten more expensive than before the update, which leads me to believe there are less of them being made because of less access to T4/T5 resources which I believe Merlyn has brought.

With lower tiers costing more new players are left without silver because to get to an even playing field with established players they have to spend more and generally have less sources of income. This puts them at a heavy disadvantage. If they play in the outlands, which you said they are getting pushed to by Merlyn, they will be risking way more proportionally than higher tiered players (Note: Newer players generally risk more anyways as they generally have less sources of income than established players, but with Merlyn causing T4/T5 prices to rise they now risk more of their total value than before). This update pushes them away from risking their gear, not towards risking it.

I cannot understand how there is not a downward trend in the amount of T4/T5 being gathered since Merlyn. If there isn't I would love to see the numbers.
    • Efriam schrieb:

The only market trend I can see since Merlyn is that tier 4 and tier 5 equipment have gotten more expensive than before the update, which leads me to believe there are less of them being made because of less access to T4/T5 resources which I believe Merlyn has brought.
      While I agree with the overall premise that there is going to be less T4/5 enchanted entering the economy, I wouldn't be quick to judge the market trends even if lower gear is becoming more expensive as a direct correlation to less T4/5 being gathered. With much combat happening in the royal zones, lower level gear is in higher demand due to item caps, likely increasing costs of this gear as not as many people craft low level gear. Also, there is the reset this weekend and prices of all gear shoot up as people are working to build gear sets up for reset day.
    • Efriam schrieb:

Rolu schrieb:

Efriam schrieb:

H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Akuti!

- Lino
      Lino ,Do you really see the same amount of T5 resources being gathered after Merlyn than before Merlyn? What about the amount of enchanted T5? What about T4 and enchanted T4? Right now for most resources being sold out of Caerleon T5 and T4 are more expensive than T6. Shouldn't the game be designed so that as the tier gets higher the cost/rarity gets higher? Right now that is not the case and as you get to higher tiered gear for the most part the cost per IP decreases when it really should increase.

Thank you,
      Efriam
      This is good. Helps medium guilds and new players to catch up. They need the push to go to the outlands and the outlands guys controlling everything need the T5 just as much as the T8 so they will have to buy more.If anything, like mentioned, I was expecting the number of nodes being gathered staying the same but the number of resources hitting the marketplace go up,

How does this help people, this only hurts newer players who have to pay more for the same quality gear. How does this help anyone but large established players and guilds who now buy their gear cheaper than new players.
      New players get hurt by the lower tiers costing more than the higher tiers. I cannot see how the amount of T4/T5 being gathered is the same or how there can be a similar amount of T4/T5 nodes on the map. The only market trend I can see since Merlyn is that tier 4 and tier 5 equipment have gotten more expensive than before the update, which leads me to believe there are less of them being made because of less access to T4/T5 resources which I believe Merlyn has brought.

With lower tiers costing more new players are left without silver because to get to an even playing field with established players they have to spend more and generally have less sources of income. This puts them at a heavy disadvantage. If they play in the outlands, which you said they are getting pushed to by Merlyn, they will be risking way more proportionally than higher tiered players (Note: Newer players generally risk more anyways as they generally have less sources of income than established players, but with Merlyn causing T4/T5 prices to rise they now risk more of their total value than before). This update pushes them away from risking their gear, not towards risking it.

I cannot understand how there is not a downward trend in the amount of T4/T5 being gathered since Merlyn. If there isn't I would love to see the numbers.
      New Players will be the ones gathering the T4 and T5 -> they will have the silvers this market bump generates. I would not be surprised to see the price of T5 resources be more than the T6 at some point. So for a new player, if you can find T5 it means that you just bumped a tier for free.

And calm down with the bold text buddy, we're all friend here.