Make Arena as good As Expeditions!!!

• mogs1234 schrieb:

Arenas and HCEs should be removed plain and simple, if you are a snowflake don't play this game, HCEs have killed this game, making arenas worth anything will kill it even more.
      What you need to understand is that no matter how tough and hardcore your chosen play style is you are not in any way better tougher or more hardcore than 'carebear' casuals.
      For in the end you are just a miserable slob wasting your life on 'being hardcore' in video games.

All you are showing by flexing your epeen on the forums is that you take a form of entertainement a little bit too serious.
      Don't be the guy who thinks he commands respect because he has 80lvl paladin...
      'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
      X/
    • mogs1234 schrieb:

Arenas and HCEs should be removed plain and simple, if you are a snowflake don't play this game, HCEs have killed this game, making arenas worth anything will kill it even more.
      How exactly did HCE kill the game?

There is more PvP in the open world now than there has ever been.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • BRiCK schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

mogs1234 schrieb:

How exactly did HCE kill the game?There is more PvP in the open world now than there has ever been.
      Thats a flat out lie lol...
      But is there any correlation to HCEs?

People want to pretend HCEs kill the game but dungeons were still packed 24/7 prior to the last patch that nearly doubled the number of dungeons in OW. And despite it being anecdotal, I'm dived and dive dungeons pretty regularly since the patch and have always found content. So clearly HCEs are having no real impact on OW content.

Now as to the conversations about rewarding Arenas and most people just wanting a fame conversion, why over think it? Why not just introduce a way to buy tomes of insight with sigils?
    • Arena should and can be improved, but not to increase the rewards. If we wanted to play an arena game, there are plenty of options. Arena should be a fun, low risk place to practice builds, team work, etc, not grind fame or get $$$.

Suggestions for improvement:
      1 - Shorten the games. Should take ~10 minutes to run an arena.
      2 - More than 1 map, but not the GvG map. If you want to skirmish, there's a mechanism for that (not Arena).
      3 - "Instant Queue" - make an option in the system settings for "Notify if Instant Arena Queue is available [ ]". If you are in town, it'll beep at you if players are needed and you would qualify, even if you aren't currently queued.
    • I play arena regularly for the tokens.

Arena pales compared to a moba. Allowing premade team against random solo team, no consequence for logging off midgame, trolling, noobs mixed with veterans, highend gears vs normal gears etc. are just some obvious issues. I've no solution. To solve these you need many more players to allow segmentation. However these are non-issues if the goal of this mode is testing new gears or team practice. For that I prefer shorter matches so that we can find a balance match sooner and simpler one shrine map. Many go into arena not for capping but for the ZvZ experience or for testing new gear and many just log off mid match or afk. GIVING OUT MORE 3 TOKENS would make this worse because those premade team would stomp random solo team non-stop for those reward.

Instead, I'd suggest focus on the PvP mechanics in order to improve arena. It's not perfect. Some abilities are op and I think the big displacement range and movement boost abilities make the gameplay worse.
    • Targun schrieb:

mogs1234 schrieb:

What you need to understand is that no matter how tough and hardcore your chosen play style is you are not in any way better tougher or more hardcore than 'carebear' casuals.For in the end you are just a miserable slob wasting your life on 'being hardcore' in video games.

All you are showing by flexing your epeen on the forums is that you take a form of entertainement a little bit too serious.
      He is better.
      You are bad and you should feel bad.
      Go back to your social media or whatever you casuals like doing.

IMO Arenas are fine the way they are.
      Simple timekillng when you are waiting to do something else.
      If only the queues were shorter...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Midov ()

• Midov schrieb:

Targun schrieb:

mogs1234 schrieb:

What you need to understand is that no matter how tough and hardcore your chosen play style is you are not in any way better tougher or more hardcore than 'carebear' casuals.For in the end you are just a miserable slob wasting your life on 'being hardcore' in video games.
      He is better.You are bad and you should feel bad
      Go back to your social media or whatever you casuals like doing.

IMO Arenas are fine the way they are.
      Simple timekillng when you are waiting to do something else.
      If only the queues were shorter...
      queues would 100% have faster queues if it was even worth a damn doing...
    • mogs1234 schrieb:

Arenas and HCEs should be removed plain and simple, if you are a snowflake don't play this game, HCEs have killed this game, making arenas worth anything will kill it even more
      I think there is public for both content, and feels better like this.

Arena is nice to practice a new build or synergy of a new comp with new people.

When i left last year didn't have HCE or arena and since i came back, lets say 2 weeks now I found fights every day, claw ganks every map and find ppl in town waiting for HCE or arenas.

But I agree that they should buff arenas so people be more interested to do it the queues are very long.(I guess I came back too late and the Arena fever has gone!)

'Spin to win'