Suggestion for HCE/Expeditions - A response to HCE Destroyed thread

• Suggestion for HCE/Expeditions - A response to HCE Destroyed thread

In an attempt to not derail a thread I put this here so I could link to it and because I'm not a big fan of these things. So I just want to point out there are other ways of having the same thing. Ways that are just more in line with OW and that actually give a social area thats not just pointless chest sitting.

Response to HCE Destroyed
      If they just straight up dropped Expeditions/HCE in the ow or even at static locations in dungeons you have the same problems we had with blue dungeon portals. In the blue zones its a mess when groups fight over them. In yellow zones they can be reserved by large groups and are also subject to really heavy griefing. Red and black you have the same issues I suppose but it was no where near the same level of annoyance. Reds ended up being great. Black I would not know as they were scary as all hells and you really needed a burly group or an invite....or a lot of luck....I don't even know if they existed in the bz at that point (beta 1 I think)

BUT that is not to say that these could not be implemented in a more functional way. If there was a random aspect to their location it might cut a lot of that out. And if you placed them in dungeons the dungeons could be arranged to accommodate both expeditions and hce. You could arrange them also in any way needed to encourage/discourage as much or little pvp in these areas as you want. None at all if you just want a hub. Connections to multiple zones would really be nice here.Yellow zone rules in the DG....Ip caps go back to as they are now in exp/hce. HCE requires a map for entry. If you just put hub as they exist now there is no point in moving them either. Its not that simple of a problem. Ppl would still just sit there or in town or whatever folks do now.

I do like the idea of using yellow zones for this though. A nice dual layered dg would do the trick. If the upper floor contains areas that are suitable for a variety of sized groups ppl could use the time in queue fighting or gathering if there are nodes/elementals avail. Or ppl could chat and duel much like they do now. To allow for farming without endangering gear a repair station (that costs more than town....silver sink) would be useful. Different stairs lead to sub floor areas containing the differing tiers of expeditions (to split the population and keep fps from bogging anymore than neccesary) each with its own area. You could have yer expedition portals in here. More mob areas if you want to keep ppl busy. Thats static.

If you want ppl to fight over em the portal areas could be maze like with the mobs setup so as to allow mob agro escape for the purpose of engaging other players. The portal bosses spawn at random spots.

I would actually like to see randomly generated maps for the portal areas. I just think it would make a fun arena. There's already great work thats been done, written up, and posted right on Unity3D's website on the process its actually really cool............

Either way with this example there is a social area on the top floor where ppl can puts around group up, be bored together with some fame and silver. Place these in yellow zones so you can get there safely. Keep centralized between RC towns and might get some faction fights. Areas to fight over portals in a safe yellow environment. Bring whatever gear suits yer portal. Put decent fame in it. Put some loot in it. Have full loot pvp rooms too if you want. The layout would be pretty flexible. Stairs are just portals right? So most of those processes are in place.

Anyways. Just saying there are better ways. The forum is full of em.
    • but then nobody will wear 8.3. Wouldnt be worth the risk. And then the hard maps wouldnt be possible. Then most would stop doing them. Then it would be impossible to find a group.
      Would be quicker to remove it. A sandbox game can have safe zones. You dont have an issue with people running around crafting in a safe zone. Or doing arena in a safe zone. Why on earth cant their be content in a safe zone. People dont always want to pvp. Sometimes they want to relax with pve content. If albion doesnt offer it, they'll play a different game.

Your suggestions arent going to get you an ez gank im afraid. It'll just mean less Albion subs.
    • Odr schrieb:

but then nobody will wear 8.3. Wouldnt be worth the risk. And then the hard maps wouldnt be possible. Then most would stop doing them. Then it would be impossible to find a group.
      Would be quicker to remove it. A sandbox game can have safe zones. You dont have an issue with people running around crafting in a safe zone. Or doing arena in a safe zone. Why on earth cant their be content in a safe zone. People dont always want to pvp. Sometimes they want to relax with pve content. If albion doesnt offer it, they'll play a different game.

Your suggestions arent going to get you an ez gank im afraid. It'll just mean less Albion subs.
      People would wear 8.3 if there were a yellow zone with the only top HCE areas in the game.
    • Make HARDCORE Expeditions Black Zone only and buff the fame and Rewards to MAX this allows for more content, Higher Risk Reward in the game. For HCEs being the best fame in the game (like they should be) they should force players to take some sort of "risk", also forcing these players to carefully think and plan their moves in black zone
    • Odr schrieb:

What is the point then? It just means people can troll hce players with no reward. I dont understand what the benefit is.
      The point is that the 'benefit' of sitting in a blue-zone with 100% safety is already out-of-place and overpowered, in the game.

Put it in yellow zone and allow other 8.3 teams to compete to 'win' the instance.

So far, it's out-of-touch with the essence of the game, and counter-intuitive. For example, SBI sells itself as a 'sandbox' MMO. Instanced town content is not "sandbox" at all.

Don't play stupid. You should know all this by now. Or are you trolling?
    • Theat schrieb:

So far, it's out-of-touch with the essence of the game, and counter-intuitive. For example, SBI sells itself as a 'sandbox' MMO. Instanced town content is not "sandbox" at all.
      The essence of this game is to make other people feel bad.
      And HCE is doing it very well given how much butthurt its existence causes to people like you :)
      'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
      X/
    • Hi Theat. No i am not trolling.

My definition of a sandbox game is one that allows for many different play styles. Basically you name it. You can do it. By that definition have hce the way they are is great. If i want instanced pve, ive got it. If i want pve/pvp mix, i've got that available too. If i want to just pvp, that's an option.

More content is good.

If there were a bunch of game types that werent being used because of hce, i'd agree there would be an issue. But this is not the case. Nothing is ruined by having hce the way they are.
    • Theat schrieb:

Odr schrieb:

but then nobody will wear 8.3. Wouldnt be worth the risk. And then the hard maps wouldnt be possible. Then most would stop doing them. Then it would be impossible to find a group.

People would wear 8.3 if there were a yellow zone with the only top HCE areas in the game.
      No they wouldn't because there's the potential of being griefed by 4.1 shitters in yellow zones with a 100k repair every death... Not to mention there's IP caps in yellow zones so what good would 8.3 do? Think about stuff before you type, holy shit.
    • Eternalhaze schrieb:

Theat schrieb:

Odr schrieb:

No they wouldn't because there's the potential of being griefed by 4.1 shitters in yellow zones with a 100k repair every death... Not to mention there's IP caps in yellow zones so what good would 8.3 do? Think about stuff before you type, holy shit.
      Then they don't deserve the best fame-farm in the game.

DUH.
    • I think would be better to be exclusive in caerleon, do a exclusive place like the chest and market and make than not profitable, just for some repair.

I think the problem with HCE is that they are profitable, they should be almost fame exclusive. So people could just chill while doing some FF or have some pve challenges, but they have to pay for it.
    • Moving HCE and expeditions to the open world defeats the entire purpose of them.

If you don't know, the purpose of expeditions is:

1) To give players a reasonable way to fame when the world is overcrowded

2) To give players an activity that you can just jump into the game and do, without relying on trusted friends or having to spend an eternity organizing, etc.

If you move them to the open world, you severely reduce the accessibility of expeditions. Accessibility is the entire point of expeditions.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov schrieb:

Moving HCE and expeditions to the open world defeats the entire purpose of them.

2) To give players an activity that you can just jump into the game and do, without relying on trusted friends or having to spend an eternity organizing, etc.

If you move them to the open world, you severely reduce the accessibility of expeditions. Accessibility is the entire point of expeditions.
      They already had that, regular expeditions.

The problem is with HCE where there is possibility for the best fame-farm in the game, in instanced, non-loot, non-pvp combat.
    • Theat schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Moving HCE and expeditions to the open world defeats the entire purpose of them.

They already had that, regular expeditions.
      The problem is with HCE where there is possibility for the best fame-farm in the game, in instanced, non-loot, non-pvp combat.
      Regular T6 expeditions give about 60k fame per hour. This is not anywhere near "reasonable".
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov schrieb:

Theat schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

They already had that, regular expeditions.The problem is with HCE where there is possibility for the best fame-farm in the game, in instanced, non-loot, non-pvp combat.
      Regular T6 expeditions give about 60k fame per hour. This is not anywhere near "reasonable".
      That's what you carebears DESERVE. It would be "reasonable" to remove expeditions from the game entirely.
    • Theat schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Theat schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

They already had that, regular expeditions.The problem is with HCE where there is possibility for the best fame-farm in the game, in instanced, non-loot, non-pvp combat.
      That's what you carebears DESERVE. It would be "reasonable" to remove expeditions from the game entirely.
      If you want the game to die, then yes.

In other words, your suggestion would be completely unreasonable.