In-Game Tips & Tricks

• In-Game Tips & Tricks

I wanted to start this thread which [hopefully] includes more tips/tricks than trolls/flames. (Maybe the [good] information posted here could be placed in a sticky...?)

My idea here is to present information that can be utilized to help players, both old and new. I'm not talking about listing/replying with exploits (ie: opening trade while player flagging up, etc), but instead offering advice that people may not know, but that experienced players may use everyday.

I am often surprised by things that decent players have no clue about. Things such as auto-running with map (ie: pressing NumLock + N to auto-run, while steering with mouse, and looking at map). Hopefully, 99% of the playerbase already knew that... but maybe you can offer something similar that seems obvious... but could help people improve their gaming experience.

A few game settings (top right - gear) I suggest to new players in my guild:
      Interface tab (5th tab on left) - UNCHECK Force Combat Mode so you can pick up silver/loot during a fight
      Mouse Control tab (4th tab on left) - CHECK Double Click to Attack... and consider RTS-like controls and/or Quickcast in dropdown menus

To "ping" the minimap for your guildies, double click on it.

To "delve" an item in chat, press Enter and then Ctrl + Click item.

Runes, Souls, and Relics can be used to enchant items. (96 for two-handed weps, 32 for helm/armor/boot slots, 29 for capes, 48(?) for bags... quality remains the same when enchanting items)

Pulling groups of mobs with a horse can be useful (getting dismounted allows your cooldowns to be up, almost instantly).

If you use T7 pork omelette, try the T5 crab omelette. (Helps with power usage in addition to CD redux)
      If you use T8 beef sandwich, try the T6 lurcher sandwich. (Best with 2+ healers in group)
      If you use T8 beef stew, try the T6 eel stew. (Best if build uses long cooldowns)

Filling up journals while gathering/crafting can help profits.

Stags can be great for gathering. Swamp Dragons are good, too, and have recently dropped in price.

Only gather resources that are equal to (or below) your tool's tier.

There are a number of GUIDES posted on these forums by some of the playerbase.

I'll add more as I think of them. Feel free to share your tips & tricks! :D
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Sickle/Axe/Skinning Knife
      T7 Pickaxe
      T6 Stone Hammer

90/45/60/30 Holy Specs

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fusionbomb ()

• Need money? Have lots of runes and souls? Found a cheap masterpiece on the AH that you're not sure what to do with?

Place buy orders for Masterpiece or Excellent items (armor, weps, bags, etc) to acquire them at a much cheaper rate. Enchant them using runes and souls to [exponentially] increase their value.

If you're feeling especially greedy, you can run the items to other cities to make even more silver (sometimes the items may take several weeks to sell, but you can get some ridiculous profits this way).

T7 Pickaxe
      T6 Stone Hammer

90/45/60/30 Holy Specs
    • (updated tips on seafood in OP)

-For certain weapons/builds, it may be a good idea to re-bind group-targeting keys to use 1-9 (instead of F1-F9). This is especially true on a healer. Yes, you'll have to re-bind your food/potion keys, but the advantage is being able to select your target(s) instantly... sometimes there can be a slight delay when trying to click a name in the group member to heal them. Pressing the hotkey will eliminate that delay in targeting group members.

-In a semi-recent patch, SBI gave the ability to move members around within the group window! However, something you may not know is that the yellow crossed-arrows at the top-right of the group window can be used to lock the group window (and its members' positions) in place. Clicking the yellow arrows will cause them to grey-out... no more accidental clicks/moving of the group window during a fight!

T7 Pickaxe
      T6 Stone Hammer

90/45/60/30 Holy Specs
    • The armor your character is wearing is transitioned to your mount, as well.

This is why it's a terrible idea to transport valuables while naked, if you're worried about gankers. Instead, you'd want full plate gear + shield (best you can afford to lose)... and don't forget those defensive passives on the armor, too. (Honestly not even sure if the passives matter lol)

Edit: Unless you wanted to run a specific item for a get-a-way ability... such as skinner boots.

T7 Pickaxe
      T6 Stone Hammer

90/45/60/30 Holy Specs

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fusionbomb ()