Market UI: Fullscreen + larger size font options pls

• Market UI: Fullscreen + larger size font options pls

The market UI needs to be expandable to fit the full screen. Stuff is currently way to tiny and hard to see. Eagle eye dev @H4n1baL . How can you see all the numbers clearly and properly get a market overview if you can only see so few buy&sell orders at once? The markets are deeper than just the highest and lowest 6 orders. I miss how I could get a faster overview about like the last 10-20 buyorders / sellorders at once. Why only like 6 with no option to make use of a larger monitor? Pls.
    Bogul#6397 - Merchants of the Mist - Founder & Head of "Management"
  • What could eventually help with the lists of buy- and sell-orders:

cumulative view.

Instead:
    (current view)

you'd have
    (cumulative)

Or simply group up very similar prices and/or small amounts
  • I'm really disappointed in the new UI. I really don't understand what the goals were. Some of the new features are nice, but the entire purpose of the UI for me is to find, and more importantly read, information quickly and easily, or to make transactions quickly and easily. Towards that end the UI seems like a big step backwards.
    Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
  • Hey @Bogul!

Thanks for the feedback.
    When it comes to window sizes etc. we're limited by the worst case - in that case that's tablets with a low resolution while using the 100% interface scaling. If you do that, you end up with something like this for the market:

As you can see, it is basically screen filling. It's overlapping other windows like the inventory already, which we usually try to avoid when possible. In height we simply can't get bigger actually.
    We will take a look at font sizes though to see if we can improve readability there.

About the 10-20 orders overview: I'm wondering where you could have that overview in the old market window? Maybe I'm missing something, but as far as I know you could only ever see 4.5 - 5.5 orders at the same time, depending on the window. If there's more orders, you have to scroll just like you had to in the old UI. I would argue that when it comes to large numbers of offers, the new UI is a significant improvement due to the smaller display per order. Also paging was introduced so you could see more orders, even in the Buy tab.

@ZaZii We would have loved to do exactly what you showed, meaning an accumulation of all orders of the same item. Unfortunately the technical implementation of that would have costed us way too much time. It's still in our backlog for things we'd like to tackle in the future, like a Market UI 2.5 if you will.

@Piddle Sorry to hear that. Maybe you'd like to take a look at the Guide I posted earlier to get a better overview over the new Market UI (Marketplace UI Guide). The text describes some of the goals we had when developing the new UI.
    When it comes to finding and reading information more quickly: We actually did kept or in some cases even reduced the amount of clicks you need to get a lot of information. Maybe we didn't quite succeed in some cases, that's probably a fair statement. But I'd still like to hear from you which information you personally feel like has been harder to get to. Only then we could look into solutions for this.

I know the technical limitations are not very visible to most of the players, but they are very real for us most times.
    Please continue to provide constructive criticism. I'm reading every single feedback thread about the marketplace and will reply to as many as possible.
    Also to spread the word here too: We're adding the missing silver display to the Market and will also center the UI in the screen. That will happen with patch #1 next week.

- Lino
  • WHY oh WHY don't we have the PRICE we paid on the completed transactions tab at the AH now ????

This is a MUST for people who purchase a lot because before the patch I could actually see LINE BY LINE what the cost was.

Please bring the price back to the Completed Transactions.

Thanks for considering this (and please explain the rationale behind the removal of the 'feature' since it doesn't make ANY sense removing it).

/Arghun
    /Arghun [SMM]
  • H4n1baL wrote:

Hey @Bogul!

Thanks for the feedback.
    When it comes to window sizes etc. we're limited by the worst case - in that case that's tablets with a low resolution while using the 100% interface scaling. If you do that, you end up with something like this for the market:

As you can see, it is basically screen filling. It's overlapping other windows like the inventory already, which we usually try to avoid when possible. In height we simply can't get bigger actually.
    We will take a look at font sizes though to see if we can improve readability there.

About the 10-20 orders overview: I'm wondering where you could have that overview in the old market window? Maybe I'm missing something, but as far as I know you could only ever see 4.5 - 5.5 orders at the same time, depending on the window. If there's more orders, you have to scroll just like you had to in the old UI. I would argue that when it comes to large numbers of offers, the new UI is a significant improvement due to the smaller display per order. Also paging was introduced so you could see more orders, even in the Buy tab.

@ZaZii We would have loved to do exactly what you showed, meaning an accumulation of all orders of the same item. Unfortunately the technical implementation of that would have costed us way too much time. It's still in our backlog for things we'd like to tackle in the future, like a Market UI 2.5 if you will.

@Piddle Sorry to hear that. Maybe you'd like to take a look at the Guide I posted earlier to get a better overview over the new Market UI (Marketplace UI Guide). The text describes some of the goals we had when developing the new UI.
    When it comes to finding and reading information more quickly: We actually did kept or in some cases even reduced the amount of clicks you need to get a lot of information. Maybe we didn't quite succeed in some cases, that's probably a fair statement. But I'd still like to hear from you which information you personally feel like has been harder to get to. Only then we could look into solutions for this.

I know the technical limitations are not very visible to most of the players, but they are very real for us most times.
    Please continue to provide constructive criticism. I'm reading every single feedback thread about the marketplace and will reply to as many as possible.
    Also to spread the word here too: We're adding the missing silver display to the Market and will also center the UI in the screen. That will happen with patch #1 next week.

- Lino
    Hello @H4n1baLI understand but... when I load Microsoft Office on my PC it doesn't have the same UI and the one it has on my iPhone. I don't mind the game being multi platforms friendly but you're making it worse for PC/Mac users... how large is your mobile userbase vs the computers one?
    /Arghun [SMM]
  • @Arghun I made a note for the missing silver display in the completed tab.

Could you tell us why you think the UI is not an improvement over the old one? We can't really adjust anything to make it better if we don't have a reason why you think it's bad.

When it comes to the size of the Market UI as a whole: Even though I read it multiple times - we didn't reduce the size of the window significantly. We even increased it in height.

- Lino
  • H4n1baL wrote:

@Arghun I made a note for the missing silver display in the completed tab.

Could you tell us why you think the UI is not an improvement over the old one? We can't really adjust anything to make it better if we don't have a reason why you think it's bad.

When it comes to the size of the Market UI as a whole: Even though I read it multiple times - we didn't reduce the size of the window significantly. We even increased it in height.

- Lino
    The new Marketplace UI has a very bad position at the top-center of the screen instead of centered. The older AH also had a much larger x axis making everything feel less cluttered like it currently does. These two reasons greatly reign over the actual improvements to the UI and most people (who play on PC) will prefer the older one and dislike the new one.
    i stream and post videos on the internet
    twitch.tv/Tazzik
    youtube.com/SeanTazzik

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tazzik ().

• These should be to the same scale in client. The top is from the Buy/Sell Orders tab, and the bottom is from the main offers screen.

What I really want is what the top gives me. I'd personally rather have it back like it was as Qty/Price/Total/Time, but I can deal with losing the total and having to skip over the time remaining to get to the price. The most important information for me is 1) What is the thing 2) How much is the thing 3) How many of the thing are there, everything else is just a bonus. Once all the basic information is there, what I want is more rows.

It just looks like someone thought it would be cool to embed the quantity into the icon, the same way it appears in our inventory, but the cost of doing that was readability, flow and losing about 33% of the display area for the widened rows.

There is a bunch of stuff I really do like. I particularly like how the non-market part of the screen darkens when you enter into the market UI and you can't click move out of it anymore. The order book/history tab is great, especially the sell order book on the black market. It just feels like we gave up pretty basic things, like account balance in the UI, to get it.
    Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
  • I'm glad, that you are monitoring our responses and that Market UI improvements are to come fast.

Saying this I must also say, that for me, as a trader spending at least a few hours on different markets and with my 2 characters monitoring at least 200 items on each of the 5 or 6 main market (with some items I don't trade in Caerleon), at this moment the interface is almost unusable. We still have a decent overview of market offers (though for some items, like capes, the number of items in stack is unreadable on icons, so we still need another way of showing this), but more or less I sell at prices based on my experience, what does sell in 1 or 2 weeks, not on the current lowest offers. It's the buy orders that I constantly monitor and change, depending on many factors... and the old "Buy Orders" display is gone, replaced with some rudimentary information, that is almost unusable for me.

Up till now my decisions of how to place (or remove) buy orders were based on information, that currently is either unobtainable or too awkward to obtain having to go through multiple screens, when previously it has been shown in just 1 table, like the Market Offers still does - showing offers including my own, so I can see how they are placed comparing to competitors; duration of all offers and including all item qualities.

I really hope to be able to see again:
    • duration of all buy orders (because with item, which I expect to buy 5 pieces per day I likely will react differently to competitor trying to buy a 100 with a month long order and differently if his order is set to 24h duration);
    • my own buy orders in the table alongside competitors' offers (because I often have more, than one order for the same items, needing to buy some fast, but hoping to buy many more at a lower price, when the price temporarily collapses);
    • orders for items of all qualities listed in one table in comparison to my own orders (because usually buying at normal quality, depending on the item and circumstances I may also want to put in another order at higher quality and price, if I see someone overbidding me with higher quality to "skim the cream").
    I do like the possibility of browsing through up to 20 pages of orders, I sure would like the interface to be scalable to fullscreen (but I can understand, that other things may be more important to put your resources in), I'm missing having columns for both item price and total stack price; I prefer having smaller icons and more rows showing with stack count shown in a separate column, I would like to still see my total silver show up on the screen (because at times like city plot bidding I still happen to have limited silver for market transactions) but the reinstatement of the old "Buy Orders" display is the "make it or break it" for me.

Before getting into a new game I always check 2 things: the market interface and how the bots are handled by the Devs (bots by the way have been the reason for which many years ago I've left Eve Online, which I'm still missing). It still seems to me, that you are doing a fine job keeping the bots away and the previous interface has been acceptable for me - not it the same league with Eve Online ofc, but usable. Sorry to say, but it's very likely, that if I checked the game right now for the 1st time, with the interface as it is, I would have never decided to begin to play Albion. And sure it feels even worse to get used to some tools, that I find necessary and then suddenly find, that they have been removed.

To be honest, at this moment this interface makes me so upset, that I have stopped trading at all and I'm not sure, if I will be able to resume it, before it's it's improved (and long or even mid term not trading means also not playing in my case). But I also want to say, that even if I "rage quit" because of Merlin (I have some other possible issues with it, which I can't make my mind about, until "the dust settles"), I do have a good impression of the general performance of your small company. Whatever my personal expectations and requirements, it does seem to me, that this game is being developed in a responsible and caring way.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Tinstaafl ().

• H4n1baL wrote:

Hey @Bogul!

Thanks for the feedback.

So basically u mean that we should use the 100% setting on our desktop or laptops, that's dissapointing. On my laptop (with 80% setting) it's terrible only 50% of the screen height is used. So I only have five items and the caracters are really small, when scrolling it's terrible. It's particulary annoying since the five items are usually the same item with a similar price so it's really hard to get any information. It was a lot easier before. I tried with 100% setting and it's quite better, but I still feel that lot of space is unused. And I'm not going to change my setting every time I want to use the market. Also it would be nice if you could scroll without having the cursor on the zone (which is actually small).

Edit: Also we don't need access to spells when we are looking at the market (eventually make it that 100% can't see them and 80% can)

@ZaZii
    We would have loved to do exactly what you showed, meaning an accumulation of all orders of the same item. Unfortunately the technical implementation of that would have costed us way too much time. It's still in our backlog for things we'd like to tackle in the future, like a Market UI 2.5 if you will.
    There was a lot of discussion about market improvement a few month after the start of beta1 (Mars and April 2016, as far as I remember). Everyone agreed that there was room for a lot of improvements, so many changes, features were and are contested but market UI improvement weren't, the fact that you took so long to implement it made me hope for real improvements, I'm really disappointed..

I also expected the spam in my mail to stop, it's just unreadable most of the time... Try selling T3 horses to realise it... We just can't know what we sell...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fibo ().

• @H4n1baL

My wet dream about the marketplace UI: make it so that the windows:

- are resizable (so that everyone will be pleased)
    - are movable (so that everyone can put it wherever they want. Most people EXPECT windows to be movable (and resizable)
    - scales better with resolution (and show more items when the resolution is higher)

I understand it's easier to use the least common denominator when designing/coding UIs but it's a poor practice when it comes to usability.

I would also like to mention that I don't understand the four different tabs on the UI (to the right): Buy, Sell, Create Buy Order and My Orders

You can buy/sell/create buy/sell order using the Buy and the Buy Order tab and when you click on either Buy or Buy Order red button on those tabs... you get the same choices (Sell,Buy, Sell Order, Buy Order).

Why do we need three different tabs when the options are the same on all three when you hit the red button? it doesn't make any sense to me. I know all roads lead to Rome but...
    /Arghun [SMM]
  • H4n1baL wrote:

I think he's referring to your buy/sell order tab in which you can now only see 3 of your buy orders as opposed to the previous 5-6 depending on scrolling.

In regards to the size of the market issue. Although it is similar in height it's not as wide as it was previously and is missing a lot of useful information in the columns that were removed, like number of items and total cost of a stack. Additionally it has a lot more empty space and many tasks require more clicks than they previously did. See this post for examples/comparison pictures.