Old market view was better

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Some points I would change for a mix of old good function with the new interface:
      • Your own buy/sell orders are NOT shown in the small buy/sell order popup (where you see all buy orders and sell orders in once). But this is very important, to see your buy/sell order are against the market, without clicking back to your own buy/sell orders.
      • My Orders / Sell Orders: Exchange the price of one item again with the total amount, or add one row for the total price amount. With the current market, you have to calculate every line to get the total amount. Thats very annoying.
      • Completed Orders: Show again how much it was sold! Thats one of the most important things, without needed to search in all the mails for it.
      • Make the space between items much smaller again. It is so big and you do not get a lot of items on one page. Too much zoom.
      • My Orders: You splitted the sell and buy orders in ONE view, so even fewer items are shown at once. Split them to seperate pages again.
      • Add the number of items of a order next to the item as seperated big number, not only as a small number in the image. You even do not see it when its over 1k and have to click into it.
      • The two reload button does not only reload, it clears the textboxes and also all the filters. (Did you even test the interface once? Just one test of the functions and you would have seen this immediately and fixed it. Is there ANY quality check, before patch goes out? This is crazy.)

As a lot of people also said, we are in a world of dungeons, mages, warriors and monsters. The old interface matched this a lot of better, then the new one.

All the crafter, gatherer, and all the other trader out in the world of this economy system: We need also a interface for TRADING, with a lot of function.
      To have a user friendly interface and a interface with a lot of function you can use a lot of more dropdowns, popups (like the sell/buy trading line), which are hidden for standard user, but heavy user can use this function. We need them and the whole economy will profit from this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Charlieee ()

• please add possiabilty to see sellers name his guild and alliance. Also we need to be able to sort items based on this info.to be able to buy from sertain guild or player. Add white/black list of this info. So that we could see only favourits or ban sone players or guilds. And also bring back types of items in search. For example when i choose useables i want to choose the type like food or potions. Thanx.
    • For me new market style is much better. I don't need to click some times to check if someone is scamming us. In the past, scammers often sold individual items for lower price so that later others would sell even cheaper. Now they can't do it. Lazy people now have better protection and people who deserve for being hated can't get profit dishonestly anymore. Seems good for me.

BRiCK schrieb:

You're the reason games are shit nowadays
    • The addition of pages and price history is a good addition however the UI update came with some major downsides that I think could be addressed.

A lot of useful information that was on the prior UI is either missing or much harder to access.
      1. The number of items in a stack being sold is no longer immediately apparent like before causing you to shift your eyes from one side of the UI to other to see price and amount being sold. Additionally the total price for buying said stack has been completely removed. This makes it much more difficult to see at a glance how much of a particular item is for sale and how much it would cost you to purchase that amount. When buying something you often want to be able to see how much buying a certain amount would cost you. That is significantly more awkward to do now. There's way more empty un-used space that could hold (and previously did hold) valuable information.

2. Cost spent on things you already purchased has been removed from the collection tab. This was previously very useful information as when buying large quantities of items you could easily see what you bought things at, and how much they cost. Also the time remaining to be claimed is missing. Does this mean things no longer time out, or will they just be deleted after 30 days without any notification?

3. The new buy/sell order tab now only shows 3 of each instead of the previous 5-6. This is a huge downgrade in terms of managing your buy/sell orders, and like the regular buying UI, no longer shows the total profit/cost for stacks of items.

4. Although minor and easily fixable, not seeing your current silver is a nuisance, and the inconsistency in terms of size/positioning of the item icons/labels etc between buy tab and the Orders tab is jarring. The old UI was generally very consistent in that regard. Simply having the buy order and sell orders be separate tabs would solve this, and realistically it makes little sense to combine them as a player rarely needs to be looking at both at the same time to make a market decision, seeing more of their orders as well as the total amount of cash tied up in them is far more relevant.

5. This could be personal preference, but the tiny square layout with much more empty space is very aesthetically displeasing. The UI should be (imo) be widened like the previous one to maintain the more rectangular aspect ratio, and have the previously mentioned additional information, (number of stacks and total price) added into new columns. Moving from the metal/wood layout to a parchment/wood one is very subjective and I make no points for or against it, but having lots of empty space and an awkward aspect ratio is something fairly universally considered to be an eye sore.

6. Buying/Selling defaults to 1 now instead of the entire stack. This makes selling a bunch of stacks of items extremely tedious by adding extra clicks. Most of the time when selling things you don't want to sell one rune or one plank, you want to sell the entire stack of them.
    • Pretty good points in this thread. Overall, the new UI is a good step, now more in line with previous GUI updates. The baddest thing on every new GUI is, that its new, but this will go away in some time ;) Not so good is that now some information is missing or harder to get then before:

- (Sell oder) is someone listing his excellent cowl below the price of this outstanding one?
      - (Completed tab) how much did i payed for this item?
      - (Buy order) where is my buy order in relation to all other buy orders?
      - (Buy/Sell order) how much silver will i put in this buy/sell order in sum?
      - (Completed tab) did i bought this or is it expired?
      - (Sell order) need 1 more click to get to the sell order dialog now (if the window would remember my last choice, this would not happen^)

Order length i first missed, but then, with the possibility to edit orders, it may take a bit to come to a general different workflow of controlling my orders. Up to now i often used 1 week buy orders as a automated resubmission. Now i can edit them, some less struggle with items in inventory.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Blatta () aus folgendem Grund: more context

• I think we all just got a massive shock when we saw the new UI of the market. Even I got a shock of my life. But after using it, it became easier.

The whole average thing was also one of the things that bugged me for a moment until I looked manually at all the prices. It was a bit of a pain but I got a feeling that this UI is here to stay.
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Drake_IronHeart!

Could you (also everyone else of course @Brannstrom for example) explain a bit more detailed what you don't like about the new Market UI with some more details? Only then will we be able to adjust.
      Spreading the knowledge here: We will add the missing silver display and will center the UI with patch #1 next week.

Also linking the guide that I believe @SevenLights is referencing: Marketplace UI Guide
      Thank you for giving the UI a second chance!

I made a note for the total silver display for buy and sell orders.
      We made a conscious decision to remove the duration setup feature because a large majority of players wasn't actually using it at all and just set it to 30 days because they couldn't see how they could benefit from a smaller time frame.

@RalFinger To give players the option to choose between two interfaces would be pretty complicated and makes the gameplay experience between two players very inconsistent. We're convinced that a consistent UI is beneficial to every single player in the long run.

- Lino
      Hey Dev,
      I just wanted to say that you guys did amazing job. The new UI is an upgrade. The way it looks is the issue, would like it to look medieval. It would be a combination of the new UI upgrade with the old UI look. I hope that makes sense.
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Drake_IronHeart!

Could you (also everyone else of course @Brannstrom for example) explain a bit more detailed what you don't like about the new Market UI with some more details? Only then will we be able to adjust.
      Spreading the knowledge here: We will add the missing silver display and will center the UI with patch #1 next week.

Also linking the guide that I believe @SevenLights is referencing: Marketplace UI Guide
      Thank you for giving the UI a second chance!

I made a note for the total silver display for buy and sell orders.
      We made a conscious decision to remove the duration setup feature because a large majority of players wasn't actually using it at all and just set it to 30 days because they couldn't see how they could benefit from a smaller time frame.

@RalFinger To give players the option to choose between two interfaces would be pretty complicated and makes the gameplay experience between two players very inconsistent. We're convinced that a consistent UI is beneficial to every single player in the long run.

- Lino
      Ofcourse I wont complain without giving positive criticism so we can improve, we are here to make the game better, Personally I enjoyed the older UI with the butons on the bottom side and being able to see it all in one page without clicking the small arrow to see the sell and buy orders, I guess its personal preference and probably as most users have got used too. I prefer the older UI as it seemed to me, as its more polished, in my eyes.

I understand the change due to users only setting 30 day orders and not the smaller ones, but why not keep the old UI but add the features of the graph through the week, month, etc,...
      Users that play or manage the market for their profit margins, are all saying the same thing, you cannot know the resistance of each price without doing it manually, the old system I guess people got used to and had the resistances at eahc price, with the change the resitances cannot be checked although I can add an idea but i dont know if the game as its written will allow it, but why not try a graph like in forex where you can see how much volume there is at each different levels?

EJ: Resistance levels at prices
    • Well I changed my mind. New one is better.

reasoning, I make more money :P

But on y more serious note. they could make some tweaks though. Instead of showing the average price they should change the standard to the cheapest. I know IO can toggle it but most ppl (what I have seen) don't toggle it and buy the average prize items (hense i made a lot of silver) and not the cheapest.
    • Kantos schrieb:

The addition of pages and price history is a good addition however the UI update came with some major downsides that I think could be addressed.

A lot of useful information that was on the prior UI is either missing or much harder to access.
      1. The number of items in a stack being sold is no longer immediately apparent like before causing you to shift your eyes from one side of the UI to other to see price and amount being sold. Additionally the total price for buying said stack has been completely removed. This makes it much more difficult to see at a glance how much of a particular item is for sale and how much it would cost you to purchase that amount. When buying something you often want to be able to see how much buying a certain amount would cost you. That is significantly more awkward to do now. There's way more empty un-used space that could hold (and previously did hold) valuable information.

I have a really hard time using the main offering screen because of the things you talk about here, and that after about 3 minutes of looking at it I develop eye strain. My work around is to just try and use this screen...

I was just wondering if there is any chance that we could get an additional Buy button on it. The current buy button, buys the item and then closes this UI and brings you back to the main screen. I usually want to buy multiple lots though and so I'd like a Buy+Leave Open option, so that I don't have to keep reopening it over and over for each transaction. I suspect it isn't as useful to most people, but it could go in a less visible position, or even be on the right half of this UI, so that people don't accidentally hit it when they do want the UI to close on them.
    • Kantos schrieb:

2. Cost spent on things you already purchased has been removed from the collection tab. This was previously very useful information as when buying large quantities of items you could easily see what you bought things at, and how much they cost. Also the time remaining to be claimed is missing. Does this mean things no longer time out, or will they just be deleted after 30 days without any notification?

3. The new buy/sell order tab now only shows 3 of each instead of the previous 5-6. This is a huge downgrade in terms of managing your buy/sell orders, and like the regular buying UI, no longer shows the total profit/cost for stacks of items.
      THIS! ^^^

#2 and #3 are my biggest pet peeves!

EDIT: I do enjoy the new UI better then the old, one, but still we need a bit more info to be displayed. More "data" - as described in this post.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP