Old market view was better

• Old market view was better

Basically as the title says, the old view of the market was much better and more user friendly and it looked also much more worked on, this new UI of the market looks like a bit of lack of motivation to make it look good, as if you didnt put any effort into it, or if it was in beta or alpha the game. Obviously this is my perception and what I prefer, maybe other people like it, but personally I think it is a step back, you just made something easy, into a nightmare as you have to calculate it all again and its not easy to use.

Please revert back to the old UI in the market.
  • I agree that the previous market UI was much better.

The current design no longer provides meaningful information and functions that were previously present. Namely:

» Comparing of buy order price and buy price now requires a click, where it previously was on the same window. (Solved by the details tab)
    » The list of buy/sell orders only show the quantity and the unit price, and no longer provides an immediate visual for the total silver value involved (which is very useful for managing cash flow).
    » It is no longer possible to set the duration for the sell/buy orders!

Please include this info and reactivate this option!

» Bug: When typing the amount to buy, the total price does not update when clicking away from the box (it does by pressing return).

Furthermore, I have found the new UI to be overall counter intuitive, as it makes several actions much harder to execute, and it is unnecessary complicated in some of its visuals.

In sum, although the visual aspect is prettier, its functional quality is currently much lower. Reverting to the previous UI asap would be good.

Edit: After a second look that followed a recent and helpful tutorial post about the market UI, I am reassessing my opinion. The first impression was not good, but I can now see how the new UI is already better than the previous one in many aspects, and can easily become a good overall improvement.

The post was edited 11 times, last by SevenLights ().

• I thought so too at first.

But then I remembered that the old interface was actually also shit in the beginning. And that we might just have gotten used to a shit system.

Give it a week or two and see if its actually better.

But yes. It does seem like the devs focused on a nicer aesthetic appeal. When its supposed to have a functional appeal.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • the new interface is much better than the old one... if this update only added additional pages of items, it would still be much better...

I am not sure if everyone is aware but only one developer worked on this, please give them time to take care of improvements and any bugs...

another thing to keep in mind is that any update to the market UI must also work for the iOS and Android clients...

I am very happy with Merlyn so far!
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
  • Saya wrote:

the new interface is much better than the old one... if this update only added additional pages of items, it would still be much better...

I am not sure if everyone is aware but only one developer worked on this, please give them time to take care of improvements and any bugs...

another thing to keep in mind is that any update to the market UI must also work for the iOS and Android clients...

I am very happy with Merlyn so far!

I dont know if I am just a retard or anything, but OP didnt complain about the new functions or anything, but complained about the UI. I also have to agree that the marketplace in itself is better, but the new UI sucks, so I hope they will make it better or revert it.
  • After considering the recently posted guide to the UI and taking a second look at the market, my opinion has changed: the new UI is a clear improvement to the previous one.

Two of my previous observations still apply:
    » The list of buy and sell orders does not include the total silver involved in each operation (only the number of units and the unit price).
    » The duration of the buy and sell orders cannot be set.

Please recover these two aspects, which were present in the previous UI and are useful.

My compliments for the good job.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SevenLights ().

• Hey @Drake_IronHeart!

Could you (also everyone else of course @Brannstrom for example) explain a bit more detailed what you don't like about the new Market UI with some more details? Only then will we be able to adjust.
    Spreading the knowledge here: We will add the missing silver display and will center the UI with patch #1 next week.

Also linking the guide that I believe @SevenLights is referencing: Marketplace UI Guide
    Thank you for giving the UI a second chance!

I made a note for the total silver display for buy and sell orders.
    We made a conscious decision to remove the duration setup feature because a large majority of players wasn't actually using it at all and just set it to 30 days because they couldn't see how they could benefit from a smaller time frame.

@RalFinger To give players the option to choose between two interfaces would be pretty complicated and makes the gameplay experience between two players very inconsistent. We're convinced that a consistent UI is beneficial to every single player in the long run.

- Lino
  • Reposting:

Ya well... Reading the feedback forum everyone is like - oh, I watched this tutorial on the new market place UI and now it makes sense.

ROFL

If your UI needs a tutorial to understand how to use it, or see the value in the change, that 100% demonstrates that you've got it wrong.

I don't care if one Dev worked on it, it's trash. Where is the peer review? Player focus group testing and feedback? General QA!? It's not consistent in design or layout to any other interface in the game; the actual flow or use cases are harder now... Please tell me how this is an improvement.

Oh, some extra functionality? Buried behind extra layers or hidden buttons? At the cost of making all the other basic flows more complex and less intuitive? Ahuh.

IMO you've got two choices, roll back and rework, learn from this or fix forward... I know which one you are going to do, but you better put some resources on this ASAP.

Seriously dudes, I'm in development, I work with UI experts day in and day out and I'm here to play a game, not do your job for you. Step it up!
    Albion Online Referral - albiononline.com/?ref=EFGXG2KZQP
    (be sure to register an account when using this link for rewards)
  • Zaffington wrote:

SERIOUSLY!111 OMG WTF LOL DUDAS IMM IN DAV3LOPM3NT I WORK WIT UI EXP3RTS DAY IN AND DAY OUT AND IMM H3R3 2 PLAY A GM3 NOT DO UR JOB FOR U!!11!!!! OMG WTF LOL ST3P IT UP1!11 WTF
    IMO111!1 WTF U GOT TWO CHOIECS ROL BAK AND R3WORK L3ARN FROM THIS OR FIX FORWARD.!!!1!11!1!!!111!1!11 OMG LOL I KNOW WHICH ONE U R GONG 2 DO BUT U BTAR PUT SOME RESOURC3S ON THIS ASAP
    I111!1 OMG DONT R IF ONA D3V WORKAD ON IT ITS TRASH!1!!!1 WHARE IS DA PER R3VEIW??!!?!? PLAEYR FOCUS GROUP TESTNG AND FEDBAK??!!!?!!? GANERAL QA?1!11!1!1??!?!?!! OMG WTF LOL ITS NOT CONSISTANT IN D3SIGN OR U 2 ANY OTHAR INTERFAEC IN TEH GM3 TEH ACTUAL FLOW OR US3 CAESS R HARDAR NOW.!11!!!!1!111!111!!!! OMG WTF LOL PLZ TEL MA HOW THIS IS AN O!1!11 WTF LOL SOMA 3XTRA FUNCTIONALITY?!?!?!!!! BUREID BHIND 3XTRA LAEYRS OR HIDAN BUTONS??!???!? AT DA COST OF MAKNG AL DA OTH3R BASIC FLOWS MOR3 COMPL3X AND LAS INTUITIEV?!??? OMG LOL AHUH
    IF11!1 OMG UR UI NEDS A TU2RIAL 2 UNDERSTAND HOW 2 USA IT OR SE TEH VALUE IN DA CHANGE TAHT 10% D3MONSTRAETS TAHT U GOT IT WRONG
    ROFL
    YA WEL.!!!111!1!11!!1111 LOL READNG DA FEDBAK FORUM EVERYONE IS LIEK - O I WATCHED THIS TU2RIAL ON TEH NU MARKET PLAEC UI AND NOW IT MAEKS S3NSA

Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Gatherer
    T7 Fishing
    700 Holy Spec
  • please make it so we can choose as a Game Setting between the old market and the new market thanks

that's a feels bad man, thinking about ragequitting the market completely until its less awful

"Oh, some extra functionality? Buried behind extra layers or hidden buttons? At the cost of making all the other basic flows more complex and less intuitive?" well stated
  • The new UI is an improvement though I'd prefer:

1. separate tabs for buy order and sell order. I've lots of sell order but no buy order but buy order area is still half the UI;
    2. auto close the UI when character moves from the market;
    3. sell order suggested price be the lowest price regardless of the quality of item you're selling.
  • @H4n1baL

Been playing "Marketeer" in various mmos for over 20 years now and just wanted to chime in with my first impressions. Hopefully it helps!

(In no particular order.)

1) Has been mentioned here already and sounds like it might get fixed next patch, but there really need to be total silver tallies for both your personal buy and sell orders. I have never actually known how much silver I have since day one, just a vague idea based on some annoying spreadsheets.

2) I found the old UI much more aesthetically appealing, and true to the overall feel of the game. New one almost feels like I just opened a window from a different game or program. Overall not a huge concern though.

3) There needs to be an "All" option under the item quality tab in the item details window, so you can easily see if there are higher quality items for sale cheaper or to compare them without having to go through each quality manually.

4) Using the quality tab in the details window shouldn't change the item I have originally selected. Say I clicked sell for a t7.2 excellent assassin jacket and need/want to check out the other qualities, it should never change from that original item so I have to go and find it again to plug in a price.

5) When trying to edit sell orders you can't compare prices of the other qualities. What if I want to sell a good quality item for the same price as a normal quality one? I have to exit the sell order edit and find the items normal quality price, remember it, and go back to the edit page to plug it in.

6) A good alternative for 3), 4) and 5) might be to add a quality tab in the details extension. (Still think it should have an "All" option. :P )

7) Super excited about the new market history, though it will greatly affect how I have done market trading thus far, I still think it will make the market better overall.

8 ) Really need more options for order length! I will now have to go through and manually remove buy orders, as i very rarely want to use the 30 day option. I used this feature a lot as I had specific time frames for different items I wanted orders last for etc. In my own perfect word I would be able to set a number of days manually, but even just having options like 1 day, 3 day, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days is super helpful in different situations.

9) If I set up a buy order for a normal quality item can people still sell other qualities of that item to my sell orders? Or do I now need to set up buy orders for every quality of each item?

10) You should be able to see and easily identify your own buy and sell orders on the details extension page.

11) Love the addition of the action menu!

I will probably add to this as I think of things and get more familiar with the new UI. I definitely feel overall that this is a step in the right direction! Thanks for finally giving the market some love!
    In Game Names: Dekuyper & Buttershots
    Discord: Buttershots#5994
    Email: ediblegg@gmail.com
  • My only critique is that I rarely ever sell items to sell orders. I 99% of the time setup my own sell order. The new system has removed the sell order button and replaced it with just the "Sell". You have to then remember to not be too hasty and hit Sell, then change it to Sell order, then sell it at your custom price.

I think a good solution would be to just add the "Sell Order" button to the left of the "Sell" button when you first open the sell tab. That way if you hit "Sell Order" it takes you to the next screen with Sell Order already selected and thus saves some time.

I added a photo to make the above easier to understand.

Part A is how the main market menu would look with the added "Sell Order" button. Upon pressing "Sell Order" it would bring up the portion labled "B" with the Sell Order check box selected for you.

The post was edited 2 times, last by DoomRawrus ().

• @H4n1baL

edit: Reposted, so not Bumping that toxic topic..

also, I forgot to mention:

5? Seems there is no item count when browsing other peoples sell orders. You need to click on it and see the scroller to see how many items exist in a competitive orders? This is critical info, because it is common practice to try force prices down by setting small sell orders that people who do not check just undercut with their own orders. Then they just mass buys the cheap items.

I like the clear and simplified view but not at the expense of more clicks and multiple views on top of each other.
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion | RP Master Thread?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ravenar ().

• reposting:

Little tweaks here and there and it’s fine.

1) The icons on the right could use tooltips.

2) on Orders tab, next to your sell/buy orders there could be info about your price compared to lowest/ highest price in the market? So you see at short glance how your orders match up without clicking them one by one to compare to the graph? (This was after long chat with a Trader friend in-game)

3) Tweak the radio buttons for buy/sell/order to make it more obvious and intuitive

4) Why not have items that are same be grouped and collapsable? So more info fits in he small view. If you want to compare prices, open up a group (think folder) and have all specific sell orders appear in a tree-like view?

edit: how about something like this to browse your own sell orders:

It could show your price under the icons in that "carousel" view?
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion | RP Master Thread?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ravenar ().