Braindead Wolf Gank Is Broken

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Braindead Wolf Gank Is Broken

As everyone already knows, wolf ganking is absolutely and completely broken. Why delay fixing this?

The easiest solution to this is:
      A) Triple cooldowns for abilities after dismounting for high speed mounts (it could be related to mount speed). Meaning when you yourself decide to dismount, you shouldn't be able to cast abilities for longer time.
      B) Zero cooldowns when being forcibly dismounted (you won't get perma-stunned as easily) and perhaps some other defense.

It is a sad reality we have too many retards who don't think this is a problem. Why? Because they always play in 10 man zergs. Well that's fine, but let's be objective and talk about the game mechanics. Why on earth would anyone think it is a good idea that a wolf zerg can simply outrun any person, dismount and still be able to finish him off? Doesn't make a single sense, it's a completely broken system.

Here is some demonstration we did with only 2 players. And surprise surprise, 99% of the guys had no way to escape. Imagine these dumbos like Alone are doing this with 10 - 20 players. It's brain dead easy and being abused to the max. I mean alright, just put one dev right there and let us chase him down with wolves. Let's see how good a system he thinks it is.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=593&v=UKTg4IdFojU

Free loot, gg, good job devs, you're making it izi for me.

EDIT: Oh yea and let me ask that one idiot who said smtg like "gathering gear will save you, I'm always juggling Savage left and right with bloodletter". How well do you see it working for those farmers right there? Yea it doesn't. Gathering gear is only good for gankers, not for those being ganked. Another big flaw in the system.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von thompsoni ()

• Horrible idea. Wolf ganking is nowhere near broken, and there are easy counters to this. Gankers dont gank in gathering gear, so to claim its only good for them makes no sense. I have not been killed while gathering for many months, and I've evaded many many enemies. This is a PvP game, and playing in PvP areas comes with danger. The solution here is to get better at avoiding gankers.
      Flufferpope, OG AO since A1
    • FlufferPope schrieb:

Horrible idea. Wolf ganking is nowhere near broken, and there are easy counters to this. Gankers dont gank in gathering gear, so to claim its only good for them makes no sense. I have not been killed while gathering for many months, and I've evaded many many enemies. This is a PvP game, and playing in PvP areas comes with danger. The solution here is to get better at avoiding gankers.
      Sit down kid. You just don't know left from right. Problem is we have enough this type of zombies around and I'm afraid the devs will listen to them.

"Nowhere near broken"
      Ok I will challenge you. Take any gathering gear and any other crap you want, start from the center of the map, me and my friend will hunt you down with wolves. If we catch you, you will give me 10 mil silver and if you are able to escape, I will give you 20 mil silver. Deal? I'll assure you, you're going to lose your silver.

We used gathering gear for ganking all the time before. It WAS BROKEN, the pollen hat was so broken that we were able to pollen the whole enemy team for 6 seconds! Then we have some retard who doesn't know anything, coming here to defend his gathering crap. Let's put your theory into test. We don't need deluded role players to talk, let's see that in action.

"This is a PvP game, and playing in PvP areas comes with danger. The solution here is to get better at avoiding gankers."
      Yea you tell me. I've been doing nothing except ganking from the time I started Albion. I don't need a silly farmer boy to tell me how it works, because I know how it works, and you apparently do not.

The reality is, ganking is absolutely broken and there is no way to "get better" at avoiding. All it takes is one wolf to spot you and you are going to die. It's that simple. Unless you are running a zoom hack, then you will not get any better no matter what you do. You have two options:
      1. Either you try to run away and the wolves outrun you -> you will die.
      2. You will fight and possibly kill one of them with you (which is quite unlikely) and you die in the end.
    • Hollywoodi schrieb:

the solution is to get risk for these direwolfs involved.

as long this is 100 % risk free for them, it is rubbish
      Exactly. Well I'd say it's of course not completely risk free. Depends how many people are running with you. If you got 10 - 20 guys like those mental Alone players, then there is not much risk involved. Even if one or two of them dies, they always get more money from their victims.
    • tabooshka schrieb:

or you bait whole group and they lose 600k mounts

u know, you just counter them

sandbox btw

counterplay

make your own content btw
      You can counter a zerg of 10 - 20 retards by having a group of similar size. If it was this easy to "just counter them" then they would be out of business.

The whole concern here is that these 20 wolf gankers are able to outrun anyone and victim will have no escape, they can even scout the whole map to see if there is a bait going on and you will not be able to do anything.

The problem is the game mechanic is broken and needs nerfing. It's exactly the same that if I could galatine clap 10 guys from 100 to 0 solo. Wouldn't make much sense. But I'm sure we would have some idiots arguing how it's such a good system anyway.
    • To all the farmer boys who can't comprehend this simple thing:

A) 20 vs 20 makes total sense. Bait as much as you want, do what you want, use what strategy you want. No issue.

B) 20 vs 1 makes absolutely no sense, especially when it's brain dead simple and leaves the target no escapes. Solo and small groups need better defense against this. It should be somewhat impossible to be able to run next to a person, dismount, throw a poison, stun him and kill. Shouldn't be possible at all, yet it is.

We are criticizing the case B. You understand?
    • tabooshka schrieb:

it is easy, people just go there solo, so please spare me your bullshit

the best thing to do ingame is to roam as group and get into fights, sometimes you get 1v20, sometimes you get 20v20, stop complaining or get the fuck out of mercia
      Yes this is the whole problem, you cannot move in smaller groups than 10. Finally you understand, *clap clap clap*.

Of course such idiotic thing doesn't make sense game play wise. The devs are shooting themselves to their leg by not providing players who prefer to fight in smaller groups a way of escaping or putting up a fight.

On a side note, it's just amusing when these illiterate, low skill, low self-esteem Naruto fan boys try to argue how zerging is such a good mechanic, yea! Obviously they are so dumb to not even understand that we are abusing this all the time also. It's broken, free loot, free silver.

Seriously even if I said zoom hacking is so broken, it's so lame, you would have some of these simpletons to come and argue how it's part of game, just get out of Mercia if you don't like it broo.
    • thompsoni schrieb:

B) 20 vs 1 makes absolutely no sense, especially when it's brain dead simple and leaves the target no escapes. Solo and small groups need better defense against this. It should be somewhat impossible to be able to run next to a person, dismount, throw a poison, stun him and kill. Shouldn't be possible at all, yet it is.
      You saying that 20 players fully equipped for ganking should NOT be able to chase down and kill 1 player?

What else, you want a iWin-button for whenever you fight more then 1 enemy, or respawn with all your stuff whenever you got ganked by 2+?

Get real.
      This is a PvP game, and 20 players investing 20x their time should actually lead to results when it comes down to ganking 1 player investing 1x the time.
      Simple math, that much more afford put in SHOULD lead to success.
      (unless they're that braindead or the chased player is that much more skilled - which we've seen over and over in those unbelievable escape clips)
      If they ganked you 2 vs 1, you should and you do have decent chances on surviving. But the more players they bring the lower your chances as their prey should be.

thompsoni schrieb:

It should be somewhat impossible to be able to run next to a person, dismount, throw a poison, stun him and kill. Shouldn't be possible at all, yet it is.
      Any reason why?
      In most western movies you got Indians running on horses chasing down other people on horses and bringing them down.
      While I rarely compare video games to RL, I don't see ANY reason against that logically and strategically correct action (chasing down others by using fastest mount and being more perceptive and reactive to the environment)
    • first clip, it was vs a battle-mount pre-patched.
      That thing could and would've burned them solo.
      - so, doesn't really count

second clip, he was just dumb. could've zoned and escape, but for whatever reason he stayed to fight 1 vs 4 with no mates ready to join him

I don't get your point
      (except, well... "braindead wolf gank" isn't that broken, since braindead people do get rekt)
    • ZaZii schrieb:

I don't get your point
      (except, well... "braindead wolf gank" isn't that broken, since braindead people do get rekt)
      The point is that these people keep spamming threads that rely on a combination of ad hominem and buzzwords to create the bulk of their argument. I'm not going to address the ad hominem arguments because I doubt the devs would consider them anyways. As you can see in my post I referenced @Hollywoodi claiming that direwolf ganking is risk free. Either he is naive, or he doesn't know what "100% risk free" means. It took me less than 30 seconds to pull up Lint's stream and find two instances of him dying while wolfganking. If it was worth the time, I know there are videos out there of gank squads losing many more wolfs from baits/getting caught out etc. To say that anything in the blackzone comes without risk is a garbage argument.

--->=???
    • BriarMoss schrieb:

these people keep spamming threads
      You still have to explain "these people" the subject based on what you know they actually mean.

Shutting down the thread on technicalities like "oh, that noob said '100%', but it's actually >95%" - that won't change their mind at all.
      It'll instead force them to react with some dumb comment and end in a rant.

Now, if you posted them some of those escape videos instead and explained WHY they "got lucky", e.g. that they were careful to not pull any roaming mobs, or they used hostile watchtower for their defense, or they didn't run loops and straight into another enemy just waiting for it. That would be another story.
    • thompsoni schrieb:

I don't need a silly farmer boy
      I've probably PvPd more hours than you've played this game. Attack ideas, not people.

thompsoni schrieb:

you apparently do not.
      Thanks bud. All insulting others does is discredit your ideas. I'd like real arguments instead of insults

thompsoni schrieb:

Either you try to run away and the wolves outrun you
      Easy to outrun wolves with a wolf. If you play it right, they won't even know which direction you've gone.

As to your bet, I mean, do I get 10m from you if I get away? Or is this just your attempt at ad hominem?
      Flufferpope, OG AO since A1