The Future of Albion Online?

  • i like how half of the first page is tabooshka and fooky screaming at each other, and when ragnar tries to tone them down they start screaming at him too. makes whole community much easier to understand from a developer's viewpoint when instead of actual ideas and refutes, they see toxicity.

    which leads me to my next point. the developers most probably do want to understand and respond to the players on the forums, but realize that making a decision based off of a heated forum topic (where the most controversial issues need to be fixed) will direct the heat and toxicity towards them, making it even harder to understand the community.

    HCE admins

    as a foreword, i am not in any way criticizing or sharing my opinions on the topics themselves. i am really just criticizing/sharing my opinions on how the discussion has been playing out.

    hce admins, the magical (and the most active) thread on the forums, is a hot mess where discussion simply doesn't exist. it was such a controversial topic that some of the most active and also some of the most toxic forum members threw their hat into the ring to share their strong opinion. however, the topic didn't start with a question. it started with this:

    agentmorga: "HCE admins !! it's time to cut them 50% !!! people of current in them and all the dungeons are empty! killed the content of ZVZ some tents were packed! a dungeon rode some 2 hours running in 1 morgan found 5 people in 4.1 dressed ... you just killed the content of ZVZ !!! game about mobs and not hardcore "

    *ahem* how could anyone possibly decipher what they actually wanted to point out? they threw the conversation off guard and without any eloquence or serious tone to address their issue, they overcooked their opinion and slapped it onto what apparently is the most controversial design issue in the game, considering it is the most active thread. what could have been used as a useful solution to a big topic was turned into a court room where every witness, jury member, and spectator was throwing their own excrement at each other.

    so my claim is that if the community does not stop communicating their topics in such a disorganized manner, and if they don't start seeing every opinion as an equal to theirs, there will be no future for albion online. we are in the most direct hotline to the developers of the game. treat it like morse code; without any union, the reciever of the message will only see a strip of paper with tightly packed dots. they won't be able to decipher the message that there is a problem on the other end of the line.
  • Kclikola wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Even if they don't lock it down the nodes will be flat all the time. As anyone that gathers knows a zone full of flat nodes is the worst.
    Try being a stone gatherer. You'll get use to it :P
    I'm a everything gatherer, I alternate between Martlock, Bridgewatch, and Thetford areas and gather all 5 resources.

    I don't like Fort Sterling or Lymhurst areas so rarely go there.

    LordSilva wrote:

    and an increase on the same scale, in the new T5 red zones,

    Not exactly on the same scale. It's about the same enchantment rate but only for 2 zones in each biome, replacing 6 or so that used to be in Mercia. Hopefully they realized that and increased the spawn rate accordingly.
  • Fooky wrote:

    Windoen wrote:

    i like how half of the first page is tabooshka and fooky screaming at each other,
    If you read the post in order you should be able to tell that I just stated my opinion and Tabooshka started calling me a clueless retard. Zero arguments or statements of fact, just name calling and rudeness Typical of many including Tabooshka.
    exactly, the developers are gonna see this and think that whole thread is composed of pubescent jerks shouting at each other bc someone called them a name. in the future, if the developers make a really bad update pitch and everyone hates it, the developers are just going to think they're off screaming at each other instead of the obv problem
  • Windoen wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Windoen wrote:

    i like how half of the first page is tabooshka and fooky screaming at each other,
    If you read the post in order you should be able to tell that I just stated my opinion and Tabooshka started calling me a clueless retard. Zero arguments or statements of fact, just name calling and rudeness Typical of many including Tabooshka.
    exactly, the developers are gonna see this and think that whole thread is composed of pubescent jerks shouting at each other bc someone called them a name. in the future, if the developers make a really bad update pitch and everyone hates it, the developers are just going to think they're off screaming at each other instead of the obv problem
    Are you trolling me? What an ass, the argument with that fuckhead was his fault and you want to start calling me names also? Get a life.
  • Fooky wrote:

    Windoen wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Windoen wrote:

    i like how half of the first page is tabooshka and fooky screaming at each other,
    If you read the post in order you should be able to tell that I just stated my opinion and Tabooshka started calling me a clueless retard. Zero arguments or statements of fact, just name calling and rudeness Typical of many including Tabooshka.
    exactly, the developers are gonna see this and think that whole thread is composed of pubescent jerks shouting at each other bc someone called them a name. in the future, if the developers make a really bad update pitch and everyone hates it, the developers are just going to think they're off screaming at each other instead of the obv problem
    Are you trolling me? What an ass, the argument with that fuckhead was his fault and you want to start calling me names also? Get a life.
    see ^
  • Fooky wrote:

    I don't like Fort Sterling or Lymhurst areas so rarely go there.
    What Im typing here has nothing to do with the topic but a couple of tips.

    1: Dont gather everything on oen character, you'll ragequit in less than 3 months if you do that. There is a reason why you can create 3 Characters in the game.

    2: Fort Sterling and all the surrounding areas are the best for lower tier Ore. So grab your gathering gear and get to T5 gathering gea. Even T6
    The samy goes for Lymhurst. Its 2 of the most rejected cities but the gathering around it is a dream for everething till T5.

    3: Gather anything with T6 and higher only in the black zones. Your thank me later.


    Fooky wrote:

    Hopefully they realized that and increased the spawn rate accordingly.
    The increase of spawn rates have been tampered enough with and to make it higher will only make players lazy. The current rate is fine and people with a keen eye are mostly rewarded well.

    And lastly:

    This is a PvP game, build around PvP

    You can stay in the save zones and never really get to that sweet spot of gathering T6 and T7. Even stealing some T8 nodes every now and then. So go out there and get out of the royals. go to the reds and learn to dodge and then move to the big boy player zones.

    You'll notice that this thread will become absolite as soon as you start digging into those sweet T6.2 and T6.3 nodes.
  • Fooky wrote:

    LordSilva wrote:

    and an increase on the same scale, in the new T5 red zones,
    Not exactly on the same scale. It's about the same enchantment rate but only for 2 zones in each biome, replacing 6 or so that used to be in Mercia. Hopefully they realized that and increased the spawn rate accordingly.
    Well... taking into account that the new 10 red areas are T5 Maps and that the percentage of enchantment in there are 22% (new Mercia, lol) its not adding T6 to royal, but Bust T4 and T5 enchantment to 22% in 10 Maps (all the other maps remains the same)
    In BZ the T6 will replace part of the T4 and T5 nodes (not all of them) but on a slower rate...
  • Kclikola wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    I don't like Fort Sterling or Lymhurst areas so rarely go there.
    What Im typing here has nothing to do with the topic but a couple of tips.
    1: Dont gather everything on oen character, you'll ragequit in less than 3 months if you do that. There is a reason why you can create 3 Characters in the game.

    2: Fort Sterling and all the surrounding areas are the best for lower tier Ore. So grab your gathering gear and get to T5 gathering gea. Even T6
    The samy goes for Lymhurst. Its 2 of the most rejected cities but the gathering around it is a dream for everething till T5.

    3: Gather anything with T6 and higher only in the black zones. Your thank me later.


    Fooky wrote:

    Hopefully they realized that and increased the spawn rate accordingly.
    The increase of spawn rates have been tampered enough with and to make it higher will only make players lazy. The current rate is fine and people with a keen eye are mostly rewarded well.
    And lastly:

    This is a PvP game, build around PvP

    You can stay in the save zones and never really get to that sweet spot of gathering T6 and T7. Even stealing some T8 nodes every now and then. So go out there and get out of the royals. go to the reds and learn to dodge and then move to the big boy player zones.

    You'll notice that this thread will become absolite as soon as you start digging into those sweet T6.2 and T6.3 nodes.

    1. Your tips are wasted on me, all my tools are already T8 and I gather where I want when I want. I suspect Merlyn is the update that will push me to find a better game to play.

    2. Fort Sterling areas are annoying, I prefer more open areas and get enough ore from the other areas.

    3. True, Especially after Merlyn, they are significantly reducing T6 in the RC. RC used to be capped at T6 now it's capped at T5.

    This is a PVP game but I spend 99% of my time alone and don't enjoy being killed by large groups (much larger than 1) when i'm running around in T8. My gear will now be capped at T5, I'll be wearing / carrying < 100k worth of gear whenever I go out after Merlyn. This will be boring because of the slow gathering with T5 tools and probably end up with me moving on to another game.

    Thanks for the tips but they are 100% wasted on me, I haven't been playing as long as some but longer than most and I'm pretty set in my ways.
  • LordSilva wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    LordSilva wrote:

    and an increase on the same scale, in the new T5 red zones,
    Not exactly on the same scale. It's about the same enchantment rate but only for 2 zones in each biome, replacing 6 or so that used to be in Mercia. Hopefully they realized that and increased the spawn rate accordingly.
    Well... taking into account that the new 10 red areas are T5 Maps and that the percentage of enchantment in there are 22% (new Mercia, lol) its not adding T6 to royal, but Bust T4 and T5 enchantment to 22% in 10 Maps (all the other maps remains the same)In BZ the T6 will replace part of the T4 and T5 nodes (not all of them) but on a slower rate...
    Last time I checked test server "(all other maps remain the same)" was false. The yellow zones that didn't change to red were 13% and the T4 zones were 8%. They are 6% on live so all the RC is getting a boost. However, I don't think it's enough to replace the BZs that are capped at 5% after the update. The very large number of zones in the Black vs RC makes it an uneven swap.

    It doesn't take much math to see that replacing a large area with a small area = a lot less available enchanted nodes. At least 60% less by my rough very conservative calculation.
    If you actually counted all the zones and used the current rates and changed rates you could calculate an exact number but I'm not going to do that. If you did I think it would be well above 60%.
  • Kclikola wrote:

    Fooky wrote:

    Your tips are wasted on me, all my tools are already T8 and I gather where I want when I want. I suspect Merlyn is the update that will push me to find a better game to play.
    Well, that's all folks. Stop typing. This guy already made up his mind. His leaving.
    Good to know you. happy hunting for the next game.

    Thanks but please don't misquote - I suspect I'll be leaving but never make decisions based on theories. I'll give Merlyn a chance but I "suspect" I'm not much longer for this game. I've gotten 2 years out of it so not bad.
  • Dear @Windoen if you read HCE admins thread more clearly ,i type what does this guy was trying to say. And yes - hes is English is bad,same as my. But i think you can understand the main point.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    @agentmorga Is trying to say that HardCore Expeditions-making BlackZone's Openworld group PvE less attractive for players.
    As result we have

    1.- Low PvP Activity in Black Zones(people prefer to farm safely in towns with same Fame profit)
    2.- Hardcore gameplay-become softcore

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    On next Merilyn update-we will have new PvP activity for small groups and zergs on Royal continent.Its nice,that game is evolving.
    But there are so much game aspects that should be revised.

    In my opinion-next goals for incoming updates should be-

    1.- We dont need to nerf HCE,just add some sort of alternative for players in BZ and Red Zones(PvE farm)
    Risk vs Reward - is the main issue
    2.- Plan please more solo content in future(Merilyn update,with Faction wars - will boost small group and zerg fight's.And tiny,tiny amount of solo player's will be affected)

    Make something "huge" for solo gameplay. More PvE and PvP in Royal and Black zones.We need this.

    You should not understimate amount of Solo players. We are big part of Player Base in the game.
    Youtube/Equart
  • while i strongly advise against bringing that thread here, i do agree with your argument. however, my point to bring is that now the thread is like, 11 or 12 pages long? no one has gotten anywhere because once a name is shouted or someone's told that they should just stop playing the game because only someone else's way of play is viable in terms of fun, the argument can be extended a long ways, old points being repeated multiple times because people want to believe they are the ones that will stop this argument, and that only they can be right.

    i see many people, including you, that are also willing to use respect and eloquence to further a debate. while it is a very big leap towards an organized community, a first step many people need to make is to by the least not call each other names and agree that there is someone out there that is smarter. like i said, the forums are the main hotline to make changes to the game.

    however, what if the thread was completely avoidable? if you look at the updates thread 'joseph, kay, and beyond' which was linked to me by someone in one of my threads, you'll find at the bottom of the page that they are already trying to make changes to expeditions and open world. this ties to my first argument, that making a messy claim will bring a messy argument.

    and yes, i am a solo/small group player myself :P