The Future of Albion Online?

• tabooshka wrote:

I dont think you are aware how factions work and what amount of points you get for activities
    "Defeating a champion is not a trivial task. At the very least, it requires three well-coordinated players, but it is more easily done in a group of five or six players".

Hmm - Designed for 5 or 6 and they call it SOLO / SMALL Scale. The majority of the content already in the game is for 5+ and Merlyn is not an exception.

City Heart Fragments: can be used as a stand in to replace 8.3 (or any) resource. Will that bring the zergs to the RC? I think so.
  • tabooshka wrote:

thats what small scale is, 5-6 people, not my fault you are retarded and you are calling groups of 2 - zergs
    SOLO / SMALL SCALE you MORON - SOLO is ONE, small scale is < 5

Everything is already 5+ What SOLO / SMALL did they add in the Merlyn Update?

State Facts and Quote something - I've given you examples and your only reply is to call names. Too stupid to think of a valid argument?

Here's another Fact:
    Trade Missions - Could they be done solo or small group?, Sure.
    Are they more efficient with a zerg? You bet.

Bring zerg to city, everyone in zerg pick up a trade mission, some take the heavy load / Ox, some take light load. Complete the trade mission. The more numbers in your zerg the better your reward and less risk.

I'm done arguing with an asshole that has no arguments other than "Nuh Uh you're a clueless retard".

I'm not saying there will be no one doing stuff solo, I'm saying it's NOT Designed for SOLO and there will be more Med/Large groups than SOLO / SMALL.
  • Fooky wrote:

Anyone that thinks faction warfare will be solo / small group activity is clueless. BTW my definition of Zerg is probably different in this case. They said it was SOLO / SMALL Scale so any group larger than 3 is a ZERG. Zerg is relative to intended group size for the activity. For example more than 2 in a SOLO dungeon is a zerg, you see pathetic groups of 10 running solo dungeons.
    The entire Merlyn update is designed to bring zergs to the RC.

2 of each biome will be the best place to gather T4-5 enchanted resources. As we all know you need 4.3 - 7.3 to make your 8.3. You think the zergs will buy all the 4/5 or will they send a zerg to lock down the zones and gather all the recourses? My guess is the zerg will be common in those zones.
    I think it is too early to tell how it will all play out. There will definitely be zergs and counter zergs, but I think this is going to lead to a lot of content. And the royal continent is huge so I think there is going to be a lot of small scale open world fights as well outside of zergs (mainly after the first few weeks/months of everyone trying to stock faction points for capes/mounts).

What I WILL predict now though is that the faction system is going to sow tons of distrust among people flagged up within the same faction. It is going to be littered with spies and griefing where you will be scouted by someone seemingly in your same faction and then a group of 7 people from their guild in a different faction are going to roll up and kill you. I fully anticipate that there will be tons of backstabbing and distrust inter-factionally as people are not going to prioritize factions of their own friends/guilds.

There will be legitimate faction help in small scale PvP (similar to blues helping each other against flagged reds), but I think the new spy wave we have coming is going to be one of the most interesting parts of the new faction system.
  • Vindrax wrote:

Fooky wrote:

Anyone that thinks faction warfare will be solo / small group activity is clueless. BTW my definition of Zerg is probably different in this case. They said it was SOLO / SMALL Scale so any group larger than 3 is a ZERG. Zerg is relative to intended group size for the activity. For example more than 2 in a SOLO dungeon is a zerg, you see pathetic groups of 10 running solo dungeons.

2 of each biome will be the best place to gather T4-5 enchanted resources. As we all know you need 4.3 - 7.3 to make your 8.3. You think the zergs will buy all the 4/5 or will they send a zerg to lock down the zones and gather all the recourses? My guess is the zerg will be common in those zones.
    I think it is too early to tell how it will all play out. There will definitely be zergs and counter zergs, but I think this is going to lead to a lot of content. And the royal continent is huge so I think there is going to be a lot of small scale open world fights as well outside of zergs (mainly after the first few weeks/months of everyone trying to stock faction points for capes/mounts).
    What I WILL predict now though is that the faction system is going to sow tons of distrust among people flagged up within the same faction. It is going to be littered with spies and griefing where you will be scouted by someone seemingly in your same faction and then a group of 7 people from their guild in a different faction are going to roll up and kill you. I fully anticipate that there will be tons of backstabbing and distrust inter-factionally as people are not going to prioritize factions of their own friends/guilds.

There will be legitimate faction help in small scale PvP (similar to blues helping each other against flagged reds), but I think the new spy wave we have coming is going to be one of the most interesting parts of the new faction system.

You could be right about it being too soon to tell. My argument is that it's Not designed for Solo/small scale.

Even stuff that is designed for Solo is often done by large groups.
  • Fooky wrote:

Vindrax wrote:

Fooky wrote:

I think it is too early to tell how it will all play out. There will definitely be zergs and counter zergs, but I think this is going to lead to a lot of content. And the royal continent is huge so I think there is going to be a lot of small scale open world fights as well outside of zergs (mainly after the first few weeks/months of everyone trying to stock faction points for capes/mounts).What I WILL predict now though is that the faction system is going to sow tons of distrust among people flagged up within the same faction. It is going to be littered with spies and griefing where you will be scouted by someone seemingly in your same faction and then a group of 7 people from their guild in a different faction are going to roll up and kill you. I fully anticipate that there will be tons of backstabbing and distrust inter-factionally as people are not going to prioritize factions of their own friends/guilds.

You could be right about it being too soon to tell. My argument is that it's Not designed for Solo/small scale.

MMO. Massive Multiplayer Online. Argument is over.
  • KCyanide wrote:

Fooky wrote:

Vindrax wrote:

Fooky wrote:

I think it is too early to tell how it will all play out. There will definitely be zergs and counter zergs, but I think this is going to lead to a lot of content. And the royal continent is huge so I think there is going to be a lot of small scale open world fights as well outside of zergs (mainly after the first few weeks/months of everyone trying to stock faction points for capes/mounts).What I WILL predict now though is that the faction system is going to sow tons of distrust among people flagged up within the same faction. It is going to be littered with spies and griefing where you will be scouted by someone seemingly in your same faction and then a group of 7 people from their guild in a different faction are going to roll up and kill you. I fully anticipate that there will be tons of backstabbing and distrust inter-factionally as people are not going to prioritize factions of their own friends/guilds.
    MMO's without good venues for solo activities will inevitably fail. The market for individuals to be able to participate in content vastly outweighs the squads of buddies that play together. You need people to be able to enjoy a game solo, because that's what eventually gets them to join and grow into those larger groups. Otherwise, all you have is a few groups of sunk cost fallacy players who hate what they are playing and can't quit either.

There's a reason games like WoW, the biggest MMO ever, shy'd away from "80% of our game is group mandatory content". Most people don't want to be FORCED to be with others 24/7 to not get their butthole pounded in.
  • KCyanide wrote:

Fooky wrote:

Vindrax wrote:

Fooky wrote:

SBI is the one that said Merlyn would increase Solo / Small scale pvp. They were incorrect but you are correct, argument is over if you don't know how many people spend a lot of time solo.
  • Game economy is controlled by a cartel, which is preventing non-cartel people crafting or benefitting from market as well as they should. This kills down the casual, solo, small guilds which eventually leads into couple huge factions which control almost everything.

They will have fun, but other players dont.

Playerbase will first lose the casual & solo players, then small guilds, then there will be alliance and faction crashes, until only ones left are the highend veterans, huge alliances and people who have spend too much their time and money to the game to quit.

Game will stay alive more than 10 years, thanks to that playerbase, but it will never grow or gain momentum, because every MMO needs the carebears and casuals and "nubs" to stay healthy.

You can see perfect example in Lumhurst, 1-3 players control most of the crafting hut, but they have made them private or so high cost, that people who dont belong to that group, cant use those. Which means they are eventually locked out from crafting. yeah yeah their own island, guild island yes, i've heard that one before...
  • I don't think that there ever will be a solo content update, but what the game needs is more content and with this I don't mean more referral baits. Hopefully they have separated teams working on new content and fixing the old content, as there is still a lot that they could do to improve the things that we already have - for example more ground textures to make the zones feel more unique as well as different dungeon layouts that could change during the maintenance, just like the resource node locations.
  • Tevu wrote:

Game economy is controlled by a cartel, which is preventing non-cartel people crafting or benefitting from market as well as they should. This kills down the casual, solo, small guilds which eventually leads into couple huge factions which control almost everything.

Playerbase will first lose the casual & solo players, then small guilds, then there will be alliance and faction crashes, until only ones left are the highend veterans, huge alliances and people who have spend too much their time and money to the game to quit.

Game will stay alive more than 10 years, thanks to that playerbase, but it will never grow or gain momentum, because every MMO needs the carebears and casuals and "nubs" to stay healthy.

You can see perfect example in Lumhurst, 1-3 players control most of the crafting hut, but they have made them private or so high cost, that people who dont belong to that group, cant use those. Which means they are eventually locked out from crafting. yeah yeah their own island, guild island yes, i've heard that one before...
    That is wrong in almost every level. The most important of them all is that "someone else" is responsible for me underachieving, which is the basic reason people underachieving in a vicious circle manner.

Break the loop :P
  • kreeshak wrote:

Tevu wrote:

Game economy is controlled by a cartel, which is preventing non-cartel people crafting or benefitting from market as well as they should. This kills down the casual, solo, small guilds which eventually leads into couple huge factions which control almost everything.

That is wrong in almost every level. The most important of them all is that "someone else" is responsible for me underachieving, which is the basic reason people underachieving in a vicious circle manner.
    Break the loop :P
    What do you mean underachieving? This is a videogame, it is supposed to be fun, not work, right? I and many others can't do simple things because cartel controls all the access. It is not meant to be controlled by couple players with high prices, it is supposed to be a competition of prices and also easier access for new players. It is not that at the moment. It was that earlier, before cartel took control. I wouldn't mind even the ripoff prices, but when the content is UNACCESSIBLE as in PRIVATE, it starts to bother me a lot.
  • Tevu wrote:

kreeshak wrote:

Tevu wrote:

That is wrong in almost every level. The most important of them all is that "someone else" is responsible for me underachieving, which is the basic reason people underachieving in a vicious circle manner.Break the loop :P
    What do you mean underachieving? This is a videogame, it is supposed to be fun, not work, right? I and many others can't do simple things because cartel controls all the access. It is not meant to be controlled by couple players with high prices, it is supposed to be a competition of prices and also easier access for new players. It is not that at the moment. It was that earlier, before cartel took control. I wouldn't mind even the ripoff prices, but when the content is UNACCESSIBLE as in PRIVATE, it starts to bother me a lot.
    fun or happiness is a choice

• Fooky wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

I dont think you are aware how factions work and what amount of points you get for activities, you get dogshit rewards in a zerg group, so VERY COOL FACT DUDE, too bad you are clueless

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost never see zones get locked down for gatherers. Mercia CURRENTLY has 20% enchanted on T4-T7 and most gathering is still solo and zones are almost never locked down (If they were locked down my direwolf gank groups would be dying right and left and would be unable to operate). If big alliances aren't locking down Mercia zones (even the ones with T7) today, they are unlikely to lock down the 10 new Red zones next week. My prediction is that if you see lockdown attempts, it won't be for economic reasons, as much as it will be people looking for good fights in a new playground. Even if we see lockdowns next week, I predict that by September we'll all be back to leaving gatherers to fend for themselves.
  • This game (albion) would need some sort of update like No Man's Sky did with their latest update, big overhaul that made it like reborn game. NMS dev team isn't big so that's quite impressive. Merlyn update actually brings only 1 nice addition, faction warfare but this game would need so much more if they want to save it. Steam ratings are going down steadily, revamp is needed to stop that.
  • Firegrabber wrote:

Merlyn update actually brings only 1 nice addition, faction warfare
    well...
    Merlin brings an important economic change in the game as well as an strategic evolution for the other five cities (which had been destroyed by the removal of harbours and the creation of Capital), a further reduction in the diversity of resources in the black zone, and an increase on the same scale, in the new T5 red zones, unfortunately brings the Overcharge to the Open World and not just for GvGs, the first capes with passive... etc!