New Dev Talk: Merlyn Economy Changes

• So,

our people invest tons of time and risk 8.2/8.3 gear to get an Outland-territory (You know, the "endgame-content" - as opposed to green cities),
      and you still force us to carry stuff from Outlands through Caerleon into different green Cities, instead of using our hard-earned territories for economical purposes?

Am I missing something here?
    • "To ensure gathering in these boosted locations is in the spirit of Albion, we’ve converted two yellow zone regions near each city into red zones" - but there is only ONE yellow zone right near each city now...

Also does this mean official "spirit of Albion" is "kill PVE to force PVP"? What is the logic behind the idea of red zones next to safe cities? Does this mean cities are so weak and stupid to allow bandits right under their walls? Why red zones should be closer to city then yellow ones?
    • Looks like a lot of reasons for me to give up on AO. I always knew this game wouldn't hold me for long... I've already played longer than I thought I would.

I'll give it a chance but if the "Best Place to Gather Low end" is also "All zerg all the time" which is what I suspect I'll probably call it and find something else to play.

Significant Reduction of T6 in RC... It already had Zero T7/T8 now you are taking away the T6. /sarcasm on: Great JOB! Way to make RC more relevant which was the whole purpose of this Fantastic update.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fooky ()

• Turning yellow zones into red zones is a good idea bacause otherwise t5 recources gonna end up worthless in the long run.
      What worries me is this change with higher enchatement rates in royal continent could lead to a significant price decline in enchanted recources. 4.1 and 5.1 are already way too cheap. With this patch they could become even cheaper.
      Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'
    • Fooky schrieb:

What bugs me is I used to gather those zones in T8 gathering gear. After this update I'll only risk T5 gear because why should I risk T8 when gankers are in T4.

My T8 in all tools / gear will be completely wasted because I can't (won't) use it anywhere.
      this is more of a problem with the progression in gathering gear rather than the optimal gear for redzones...

the tool is by far the most important factor since gathering speed is essential in a full-loot zone, therefore it is always a good idea to bring the highest tool you can use...

but the problem is that gathering gear affects yield, which directly affects the chance for double or triple resources... I wish yield and speed were built into the tool and the tier of gathering gear only affected available skills and item power...
      Bank of Albion
      Investments & Third-Party Services
      Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Saya ()

• Saya schrieb:

Fooky schrieb:

What bugs me is I used to gather those zones in T8 gathering gear. After this update I'll only risk T5 gear because why should I risk T8 when gankers are in T4.

My T8 in all tools / gear will be completely wasted because I can't (won't) use it anywhere.
      this is more of a problem with the progression in gathering gear rather than the optimal gear for redzones...
      the tool is by far the most important factor since gathering speed is essential in a full-loot zone, therefore it is always a good idea to bring the highest tool you can use...

but the problem is that gathering gear affects yield, which directly affects the chance for double or triple resources... I wish yield and speed were built into the tool and the tier of gathering gear only affected available skills and item power...
      Very true, my gathering is going to suffer greatly. Possibly enough to make me quit the game. Currently I average a million or so silver / day income from gathering but after patch:
      1. I'll be using T5 tools/gear so my yield / speed will be greatly reduced.
      2. The zones will be flat all the time.
      Result - significant reduction in income and probably the desire to play the game.

I refuse to risk T8 anything to a bunch of T4 gankers. They can kill me and get a cheap mount, cheap gear, cheap tools, plus whatever I gathered to that point.
    • Fooky schrieb:

Saya schrieb:

Fooky schrieb:

this is more of a problem with the progression in gathering gear rather than the optimal gear for redzones...the tool is by far the most important factor since gathering speed is essential in a full-loot zone, therefore it is always a good idea to bring the highest tool you can use...

Very true, my gathering is going to suffer greatly. Possibly enough to make me quit the game. Currently I average a million or so silver / day income from gathering but after patch:1. I'll be using T5 tools/gear so my yield / speed will be greatly reduced.
      2. The zones will be flat all the time.
      Result - significant reduction in income and probably the desire to play the game.

I refuse to risk T8 anything to a bunch of T4 gankers. They can kill me and get a cheap mount, cheap gear, cheap tools, plus whatever I gathered to that point.

Wat? You gather in yellow zones in t8 gathering gear with t8 tools? And you think you're entitled to no-risk-vaccuuming the area? It shouldn't be possible to earn 1mln a day in a yellow zone with no risk.
      I think it's good that is nerfed because it might actually be the reason a) everything is harvested down all the time and b) t4 and t5 are so cheap.

Using t8 tool and gatherer gear in yellow zones basically steals the profit of the new players. You're not entitled to it. I think it's a good change adding a bit more risk to that activity.
      Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Rixlette ()