Testserver Patch Notes - Merlyn Update

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Montaron schrieb:

Dagother schrieb:

@Montaron solo dungeons are still in outlands, just need to look at the worldmap.
      Dont wanna be rude but did you even read my post?
      I know solo dungs are there.

The point is that there is no reason to go to solo dung. No fame/loot so why bother.

ViLEuo schrieb:

Thorn-Delwyn schrieb:

b0unc3r schrieb:

May i know what is the background behind below change?

"The amount of Tier 6 resources on the Royal continent has been reduced significantly"
      The amount of nodes is the same but the nerf to respawn time of T6 nodes decreased the amount of T6 resources on Royal by about 18%.The nerf to respawn time of T6 nodes had been made because of the increase of T6 nodes in outlands that took the place of T4 and T5 nodes.
      Looking at the whole world the amount of T6 is pretty much same as it was before.

Azu_Raged schrieb:

Why are you taking away solo dungeons ????????????????????????
      Stub dungeons (solo dungeons that are very short with one miniboss/boss at the end) had a very low occupancy rate (1 to 5%) compared to group dungeons (40 to 70%).To improve this situation we exchanged those stub dungeons (which made about 50% of all solo dungeons in outlands) with group dungeons.
      Buff solo dungeons and add more of them....this game desperately needs more solo content.
    • I don't see the reason for sudden nerf to BZ Territory refining/crafting. There is already an unhealthy amount of guilds operating exclusively out of Caerleon, and this change only promotes the remaining few guilds operating out of BZ CP's to move full-time to the Royal continent. Very unhealthy, not entirely sure what the point is of BZ CP's is anymore. They were severely under-utilized before this change, with the change it might be a final nail in the coffin.
    • After discussing internally we decided to move the balancing pivot for focus from crafting without any other bonuses to crafting with a home territory bonus (25%).

This means that crafting (not refining) with focus at a building in a home territory of the outlands should be more or less identical to how it is on live.

LocationLancelotMerlyn
      BZ Territory
      Crafting20% / 48%25% / 48%
      Refining20% / 48%20% / 46%
      Royal Continent
      Base: City + Caerleon15% / 45%15% / 44%
      Base: Island0% / 35%0% / 39%
      Royal City
      Crafting with Bonus
      -
      25% / 48%
      Refining with Bonus
      -
      30% / 50%
      Royal Island
      Crafting with Bonus
      -
      13% / 43%
      Refining with Bonus
      -
      20% / 46%

This change still has to be merged into the staging server.

And to answer the question why we allowed to bonuses for islands:
      Like this it does matter in which city you have your island and it offers a choice to make use of those or not.

Thank you all for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Thorn-Delwyn () aus folgendem Grund: table wasn't displayed

• Thorn-Delwyn schrieb:

After discussing internally we decided to move the balancing pivot for focus from crafting without any other bonuses to crafting with a home territory bonus (25%).

This means that crafting (not refining) with focus at a building in a home territory of the outlands should be more or less identical to how it is on live.
      Why nerf focus efficiency for refining in bz though? Seems strangely arbitrary to make it the one thing you decrease there.

Also, if I'm reading this right, refining on a personal island (with bonus) is going to be not only better than a Caelreon plot or regular plot in any non bonus city, but even the same returns as a bz town plot?

This seems like a pretty huge nerf to obviously caelreon plots, but also bz town plots, and even the outer royal plots since with all non bonus plots being irrelevant there is going to massive shop competition over the few bonus crafts, as well as an only 5% difference between the city plot and an island plot there.

I'm all for making it matter what city you have your island in, especially since not having it in Caelreon was previously a costly noob trap 9 times out of 10, but making them better than city plots and on par with bz town plots seems a step far.
    • AcOrP schrieb:

Thorn-Delwyn schrieb:

The changes at the top end when using focus is a result from replacing the formula we use to compute the kickback.
      Old formula: 1 - (1 - base bonus) * (1 - focus bonus)
      • e.g: 1 - (1 - 0.15) * (1 - 0.35) = 0.4475 rounded to 0.45 or 45% kickback
      New formula: 1 - 1 / (1 + sum of bonuses / 100)
      • e.g. 1 - 1 / (1 + (18 + 55) /100) = 0.421965 rounded to 0.42 or 42% kickback
      The formula has been changed to make make it easier to understand. The 18 means that if you use the kickback completly you are 18% more efficient than without it even though it only offers a 15% kickback.
      18 + 55 = 73 so you are about 73% more efficient than without the bonus.

Let's say you craft something that costs 100 resources. With a bonus of 73 you have a 42.2% kickback. That means your first crafting action returns 42.2 resources. Using those resources to craft once more you get 17.8 resources back.
      If you do this repetitively you used up to 173 resources instead of only 100.

This way we can later show the bonuses from different sources and maybe increase the number of sources that grant such a bonus.
      I'm confused,
      Why you didn't compensate for the change of the formula. You basicly made BZ town plots completly useless for refining.

I also don't understand why refining and crafting is different now.

I am also confused why you want to make T4/T5 more rare in the BZs, If you decided that T4/T5 will be replaced by T6 its ok but making T6 respawn slower to compensate ? This in total make BZ worse.

Buffing royal is good change. Nerfing BZ to make royal look more attractive is bad change.

And on top this patch is huge nerf to focus

Arent they buffing those Guild Territory Zones to be T6 now? That I d consider a significant buff because your guild/alliance has a stable income of 6.1 and 6.2 in whole cumbria/Mercia and plenty of 6.1 in anglia i d think.

BTW good thread so far. Especially this conversation Saya opended.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Joshuan ()

• Thorn-Delwyn schrieb:

After discussing internally we decided to move the balancing pivot for focus from crafting without any other bonuses to crafting with a home territory bonus (25%).

LocationLancelotMerlyn
      BZ Territory
      Crafting20% / 48%25% / 48%
      Refining20% / 48%20% / 46%
      Royal Continent
      Base: City + Caerleon15% / 45%15% / 44%
      Base: Island0% / 35%0% / 39%
      Royal City
      Crafting with Bonus-25% / 48%
      Refining with Bonus-30% / 50%
      Royal Island
      Crafting with Bonus-13% / 43%
      Refining with Bonus-20% / 46%

This change still has to be merged into the staging server.

And to answer the question why we allowed to bonuses for islands:
      Like this it does matter in which city you have your island and it offers a choice to make use of those or not.

Thank you all for your feedback. It is much appreciated.
      Still makes any sense, same refining bonus on royal islands than at BZ plots? LoL That mean we can demolish all the refining stations there at th BZ and build each of a kind into a personal or guild island all around the royals and be happy happy refining like that, whitout building decay? Nice :|

Give all buildings same decay as BZ then and make us stone gatherers rich plz! :P

...next update: enchanted stones!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Zos ()

• Joshuan schrieb:

AcOrP schrieb:

I'm confused,Why you didn't compensate for the change of the formula. You basicly made BZ town plots completly useless for refining.

I also don't understand why refining and crafting is different now.

I am also confused why you want to make T4/T5 more rare in the BZs, If you decided that T4/T5 will be replaced by T6 its ok but making T6 respawn slower to compensate ? This in total make BZ worse.

Buffing royal is good change. Nerfing BZ to make royal look more attractive is bad change.

And on top this patch is huge nerf to focus
      Arent they buffing those Guild Territory Zones to be T6 now? That I d consider a significant buff because your guild/alliance has a stable income of 6.1 and 6.2 in whole cumbria/Mercia and plenty of 6.1 in anglia i d think.

BTW good thread so far. Especially this conversation yaya opended.
      Yes but they are decreasing the spawn time, so you get more T6 nodes overall but with lower respawn time. Which mean T6 will stay the same amount( or at least thats the impression devs give)

So overall same amount of T6 and less amount of T5/T4 this is overall nerf.

Here is a table with the current price of fiber in carleon.

Fiber price Carleon
      T5 265
      T5.1549
      T5.23846
      T5.334000
      T6380
      T6.1585
      T6.2 598
      T6.312499

Gathering T5 flat vs T6 flat you are making more money with T6
      At .1 things change they are basicly equal income wise. Less fame.
      At .2 there is hugeee advantage for T5 profit wise T6.2 cost almost the same as T6.1 while T5.2 cost 6,5 times more.

When I'm gathering for fame I focus on T6.1/T7.1 and better.

But when I want to gather for money I get more money/h from T5s since they are always full. while T6/T7s are heavy gathered.

Now with the new change you log in as gatherer and you go clear all the maps in 1-2 hrs gathering all the T6 flats the fewer remaining T4/T5s will be low proc chance even in mercia.

T5s are broken by design from the game release and instead of fixing this bottleneck they make it even worse. I'm totaly okey if they just added more T5s to the royals and more T6 to the BZ but BZ needed more T5s anyway.
    • Thorn-Delwyn schrieb:

Stub dungeons (solo dungeons that are very short with one miniboss/boss at the end) had a very low occupancy rate (1 to 5%) compared to group dungeons (40 to 70%).
      To improve this situation we exchanged those stub dungeons (which made about 50% of all solo dungeons in outlands) with group dungeons.

can we expect additions to the solo play to compensate another downside?
      or you will just end up removing it completely from the game?
      Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.
    • Silks schrieb:

Thorn-Delwyn schrieb:

Stub dungeons (solo dungeons that are very short with one miniboss/boss at the end) had a very low occupancy rate (1 to 5%) compared to group dungeons (40 to 70%).
      To improve this situation we exchanged those stub dungeons (which made about 50% of all solo dungeons in outlands) with group dungeons.
      can we expect additions to the solo play to compensate another downside?
      or you will just end up removing it completely from the game?
      It seem's like a lot of player's still want to hold onto the solo game play. While your opening new pathways to obtain more group dungeon content, you should try to keep in mind some people don't want to spend even a half hour trying to find or wait for a fame farm group. That's just my personal experience. I don't look forward to logging in and waiting for my alliance to say they're looking for X to fame farm. I'd rather kill roaming mobs. While it's one way to fame solo, I'm not even certain how effective it is. Nonetheless a lot of guilds/alliances dont even have that option. I'm sure people can agree, In probably 85%+-90%+ finding a fame farm group can be the most challenging thing in this game.

I could be wrong. Would be great if others can share their experience too xD
    • The point of giving royal cities the 'best' refining bonus in the game is to encourage transportation, thats a completely fine goal imo.
      -- also with BZs really not that far behind (?).

The best crafting is undoubtetly in caerleon or in the blackzones still, because thats where the gear is actually needed, and the load and risk to transport gear (measured in KG) is way higher in black / caer than transporting resources back and forth (measured in KG).

High value stuff is going to be transported on a horse anyway to security reasons.

So I'm not really understanding why people want to force black = best in all circumstances. I can see that it has to be the best at something = thus an end-game goal for guilds, but it donesn't have to be best in everything in my opinion.

-

The Albion Wiki needs your help!

-

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bogul ()

• I would not be in favor of balancing resources based on market prices, as these swing wildly between cities and are for the most part an inaccurate representation of their scarcity...

I am sure SBI looked carefully at the overall usage of each tier of resource, which is a much better indicator of real demand...

I will carefully observe the update to resource returns once it is added to the test server...
      Bank of Albion
      Investments & Third-Party Services
      Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Saya ()

• Bogul schrieb:

High value stuff is going to be transported on a horse anyway to security reasons.
      I also think that over time transporting .2 and .3 makes sense but not much for the lower encantment. This brings us back to the Bridgewatch situation... who wants to tranport rocks back and forth. The Faction bonus is same as for other resources in other cities but there is no enchanted rock.

1) People will move out frm BW, because makes little sense refine anything there?

2) people bring refined resources to BW to sell from outer cities? Is there market to sell to?

3) BW Crafting bonus, so maybe crafters of specific boosted items will center in BW.

It might work out or BW might get ignored because refining is major part of economy and rock refining is not as profitable as others.

Maybe it is fine to see what happens but I hope the devs have a quick panic switch when they see that one City/Faction gets desolated. So they can tweak the bonuses quickly. Bridgewatch seems to me be the one at highest risk.

1) Give bigger rock refining bonus. Or a building discount on buildings. We use sand ;)

2) There needs to be motivation for traders to bring refined enchanted resources to BW. What will they transport back?

3) If all high tier crafters fast travel to BW once a month and have guild caravan return the .2 and .3 equipment back to Caer and BZ, how does that boost BW economy? The stuff never hit the city Auction House...

It is a random rant. But I think there are risks involved. For the health of the game, every city needs to have a purpose. What seems like a smalll matter: rock vs other resources, might end up making one faction/city dead.

I have bases in other cities. I’ll be fine. Already considering moving to Martlock or Lymhurst after getting my BW Cape and mount...
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Trial Keys on Request!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ravenar () aus folgendem Grund: Typos

• Bogul schrieb:

The point of giving royal cities the 'best' refining bonus in the game is to encourage transportation, thats a completely fine goal imo.
      -- also with BZs really not that far behind (?).

The best crafting is undoubtetly in caerleon or in the blackzones still, because thats where the gear is actually needed, and the load and risk to transport gear (measured in KG) is way higher in black / caer than transporting resources back and forth (measured in KG).

So I'm not really understanding why people want to force black = best in all circumstances. I can see that it has to be the best at something = thus an end-game goal for guilds, but it donesn't have to be best in everything in my opinion.
      Its not a matter of being best at everything, but follow me...BZ city plots have a high decay rate and therefore a high maintenance rate, why the heck it should give the SAME return that other stations based in a safe place and whitout decaying gives? To own a BZ refining station you need to conquer your territory, defend it,build it, feed it, do its maintenance and transport everything that we are using there to refine through a lot of PvP areas. So explain me exactly how and why you think that having the SAME f¨$%#@! amount of return you will have on your PERSONAL ISLAND, that you only paid a fistfull of silver or less for it, where you never need to bother into defending or repairing your stations beyond the food you need to give them so you can keep using it, safe travelling all around with your packs full of your goods from here to there without a 0 f$%* about hostiles is keeping it up to the spirit risk vs reward so bragged about this game. Not being the best at everything is not the same as being a crap exactly for what should make it a jewel...anyway just my opnion :p